PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think teams will start respecting the run due to Wilson's speed?

Sundown
12-10-2012, 10:05 PM
I just can't imagine teams not loading the box when Wilson is in the game cause he's a home run threat on every carry. Play action can be huge if Wilson can get some good runs in.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Of course.
We can't let up though.

BlueSanta
12-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Actually, I think up to this point any time Wilson is in the game that is all opponents have done because they know we are reluctant to let Wilson pass protect. That is why yesterday was a big day. We asked him to run, catch and block. He did all 3 and now teams see that and cant say with certainty "hey 22 is in the game, here comes a run."

Sundown
12-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Hope y'all are right cause watching this Pat game and Brady is killing the texans with play action.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 10:13 PM
If anything, the emergence of Wilson helps us tremendously.
If the ST's unit can create holes for him to run on kick off returns, we can get great field position that helps our offense.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Well the Texans are playing the Pats. the wrong way. They are blitzing and playing zone. Brady eats that alive. When we play the Pats. we get physical with their wide receivers off the LOS and rush four. It confuses Brady. I would love to play the Patriots again in the SB cause I really think we match up well with them.

bbdynasty
12-10-2012, 10:43 PM
he can open up all new opportunities in our offense

GiantRoc
12-10-2012, 10:50 PM
I think it will keep LBs honest. That will help Cruz and Bennett a ton. I wish we put more effort into play action rather than halfa**ing it. Its up to the O line though. They have to make those initial blocks. Just hope they don't give up on the kid after 3 runs.

chasjay
12-10-2012, 10:55 PM
I believe teams will respect Wilson's outside speed. I'm not smart enough to know how that will affect our ability to take advantage offensively. Will they load the box or just defend the edges?

TheShouldersOf
12-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Only if they continue to utilize Wilson outside of what they did prior to this game,

bearbryant
12-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Lets not shortchange wilson's abilities up the middle. He's fast but he also weighs 205 and I watched a hell of a couple of good runs right up the middle. All we need is the O line to play! Go Giants!

BigBlue wins
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Lets not shortchange wilson's abilities up the middle. He's fast but he also weighs 205 and I watched a hell of a couple of good runs right up the middle. All we need is the O line to play! Go Giants!

Good hands too! If it werent for the stupid barden penalty!

Martyr
12-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Hate to be debbie downer but I thought New Orleans has one of the worst defenses in the league?

bbdynasty
12-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Hate to be debbie downer but I thought New Orleans has one of the worst defenses in the league?

they were playing do or die though... the run d looked pretty good the first half

joemorrisforprez
12-10-2012, 11:49 PM
I just can't imagine teams not loading the box when Wilson is in the game cause he's a home run threat on every carry. Play action can be huge if Wilson can get some good runs in.

Teams will have to respect his big play ability.....he's going to open things up in the passing game.

If I were Gilbride, I'd try to get him on the field along with Bradshaw, too.....they could split him out wide on occasion.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Hate to be debbie downer but I thought New Orleans has one of the worst defenses in the league?This is the worst arguement ever. They are still an NFL offense.

Sundown
12-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Teams will have to respect his big play ability.....he's going to open things up in the passing game.

If I were Gilbride, I'd try to get him on the field along with Bradshaw, too.....they could split him out wide on occasion.

That's too innovative for KG to try.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 11:53 PM
That's too innovative for KG to try.lol.....

Buddy333
12-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Lots of fast guys in the league.

BlueSanta
12-11-2012, 12:05 AM

And many of them are very good football players.

Buddy333
12-11-2012, 12:10 AM
And many of them are very good football players.Yes, but they need more than straight ahead speed to be good.

joemorrisforprez
12-11-2012, 12:11 AM

Not many of them get 337 yards in a game though.....that's the difference.

Cloud57
12-11-2012, 12:14 AM
not attacking bradshaw but when bradshaw is in no one sees him as a threat

Buddy333
12-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Not many of them get 337 yards in a game though.....that's the difference.Well no one is questioning his return skills. He still has a lot to prove running the ball.

Buddy333
12-11-2012, 12:15 AM
not attacking bradshaw but when bradshaw is in no one sees him as a threatBradshaw is having a good year.

JJC7301
12-11-2012, 12:18 AM
If I'm the opposing D, I don't get too worried about Wilson just yet. His breakout game was against possibly the worst run D in the league (even worse than ours) and the most busted coverage with gaping holes that I've ever seen on ST.

I'm not knocking Wilson's achievement, but just saying that I wouldn't be shaking in my boots just yet if I'm the opposing D.

GiantRoc
12-11-2012, 03:48 AM
Ok, so NO has a terrible D and ST. Who else put up 337 yds on them??? Maybe teams won't be shaking in their boots, but if we use him more they have to scheme for his go the distance ability. As good as AB is, that is not a big worry with him.

Captain Chaos
12-11-2012, 05:00 AM
First the Saint's run D is terrible, so we shouldn't be getting too excited. Our O line needs to open up some holes for him to run through. He's got the speed to get to the outside so that can be a good thing. The most promising thing was In the 4th quarter, the saints knew that he was going to run the ball and he still got his yards. With a little patients this kid can be something!

giantsfan420
12-11-2012, 05:51 AM
lol at the devaluing wilsons performance bc it was the saints...it wasnt like he was getting easy yards. wilson was breaking tackle after tackle, getting yards after contact...on one run, he got low, squared up, and just demolished Lofton to the point Lofton had to come out. It wasnt as if Lofton got rolled up on by the OL, he full out got hurt solely bc of the pop Wilson runs with.Buddy trying to say a lot of guys have speed...u need to trust TC more. he was saying Wilson isnt just a speed guy. he's built like a power back just shorter. 5'9 but 210 lbs. find me another guy with his speed in that size frame, maybe MJD? Ray Rice? Wilson ran between the tackles with great power. That TD run from the 8 yd line or whatever was an excellent power run with patience. The blend of Wilsons measurables/athleticism is insane and NOT matched by any rb in the nfl imho. guy is going to be an absolute terror. he gets 5 yds on plays with no hole solely bc of his explosion/burst. he's got 4 yds before anyone catches up to him to meet him. and 1 guy aint bringing him down. Im pretty sure NO has played 13 games too and I aint seen a rb get 100 yds on them and another 227 in the return game...and tbh, i aint seen many rb's look like wilson did on his what, 13 carries?

giantsfan420
12-11-2012, 05:55 AM
once wilson can start being patient and exploding through the holes like he does when he first catches the kick offs, he's gonna be impossible to stop or even contain. cant wait to see him setup the defense with that stutter step and he's gone burst...so excited we have a guy who can alleviate the big play pressure on eli...guy has 2 runs of 40 yds or more for a td...we need that badly and i suspect we will see a lot more of it when his carries go up.

GMan-67
12-11-2012, 07:18 AM
start respecting it? ... i think teams always respect the run, it is always a priority to stop your opponent from running

nice to have a guy that can turn a 5 yard gain into 50 yards though, speed kills

bbdynasty
12-11-2012, 07:21 AM
i wanna see some friggen SCREENS

BlueSanta
12-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Yes, but they need more than straight ahead speed to be good.
Yea I understand your point, but I do not think it is just Wilson's speed that makes him a good back. Is that what you are implying?

rebelfan1966
12-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Play action with Wilson on running downs will likely open up some passing routes down the field..... thats the beauty of having a guy that can take it to the house.