PDA

View Full Version : Tynes Misses

rebelfan1966
12-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I noticed on both of Tynes FG misses, it appeared the snap was slightly off target to the right. I wonder if this is throwing off the timing.

RoanokeFan
12-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Most likely. Those three guys, Weatherford, Tynes, and DeOssie have been the one constant unit on the team. I don't think it's anything alarming...yet.

joemorrisforprez
12-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Tynes is Tynes.....I've accepted that he's going to miss some easy FGs every now and then, and that he is pretty much ineffective from >50 yards.

He's hitting 87% right now, and from what I understand, 80%+ is considered pretty solid.

I think having Weatherford holding for him has worked well.

TheAnalyst
12-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Maybe he has a tired leg from having to kick so many FGs?

Kruunch
12-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Most likely. Those three guys, Weatherford, Tynes, and DeOssie have been the one constant unit on the team. I don't think it's anything alarming...yet.

DeOssie has been uncharacteristically off the last couple of games.

JJC7301
12-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Tynes is Tynes.....I've accepted that he's going to miss some easy FGs every now and then, and that he is pretty much ineffective from >50 yards.

He's hitting 87% right now, and from what I understand, 80%+ is considered pretty solid.

I think having Weatherford holding for him has worked well.
+1. I'm a big defender of Tynes. Giants want to draft a young version of Adam Vinateri? Be my guest. Other than that, I'm very happy that we have Tynes as our kicker. Kicked us to two SB's and his FG percentage is good.

joemorrisforprez
12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
+1. I'm a big defender of Tynes. Giants want to draft a young version of Adam Vinateri? Be my guest. Other than that, I'm very happy that we have Tynes as our kicker. Kicked us to two SB's and his FG percentage is good.

I used to bash Tynes alot.....but after winning the 2nd Super Bowl, I've just come to accept that the coaching staff knows best on this guy.

I really wish he could hit from 50+..... but 87% is 87%.

TroyArcher
12-11-2012, 01:52 PM
He has proven he is clutch. I do wish he had a stronger leg.

drewz
12-11-2012, 01:53 PM
We need a Greg Zuerlein

nycsportzfan
12-11-2012, 02:35 PM
I actually don't trust em, and just had this debate a week or so ago.. He makes most of the stuff u expect NFL kickers to make, but is not a guy i feel everytime is out there will knock down the kick, and when it gets any kinda deep, u almost feel hes gonna miss, which is a instinct i feel should be the other way, it he was a really good kicker..

Hes solid, but i think we could upgrade, at risk of finding worse though...

RoanokeFan
12-11-2012, 02:43 PM
DeOssie has been uncharacteristically off the last couple of games.

Let's not over dramatize. Two snaps were off

RoanokeFan
12-11-2012, 02:45 PM
He has proven he is clutch. I do wish he had a stronger leg.

We know what his limitations are and he's still a leading League scorer, I think.

Eliscruzzz
12-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Tynes is human he can't make them all. All year I think he's been the most accurate kicker in the league....not to sure?? I tell you what though with the game on the line I still would take him over anyone else.

joemorrisforprez
12-11-2012, 02:49 PM
I actually don't trust em, and just had this debate a week or so ago.. He makes most of the stuff u expect NFL kickers to make, but is not a guy i feel everytime is out there will knock down the kick, and when it gets any kinda deep, u almost feel hes gonna miss, which is a instinct i feel should be the other way, it he was a really good kicker..

Hes solid, but i think we could upgrade, at risk of finding worse though...

Before every draft, I look at the top college kickers....alot of these guys have cannons, and can also punt. But I'm done waiting for the upgrade....it's like waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

I'm still clueless as to why Matt Bryant is kicking for anoither team.

Anyway, Tynes it is.

MTH716
12-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Tynes is human he can't make them all. All year I think he's been the most accurate kicker in the league....not to sure?? I tell you what though with the game on the line I still would take him over anyone else.

I like Tynes and I'm very comfortable with him as our kicker. Even if his leg was a little stronger, I'm not sure how many times Coughlin would send him out there from that range due to the field position game (especially with Weatherford as the punter). I'll always be grateful for his kicks in GB and SF.
But I'm not 100% sold on that last part. He's probably high on the list, but I don't think he's #1.

GameTime
12-11-2012, 03:31 PM
We need a Greg Zuerlein
why???

The snaps have been off even on the kicks he is making......

SB86900711
12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
If he makes the game-end FG versus Eagles then Giants are 1.5 games up
If he makes the FG versus Skins could be a 2 game lead for Giants and not worrying these last 4 games

GameTime
12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
If he makes the FG versus Skins could be a 2 game lead for Giants and not worrying these last 4 games
if misses many other they wouldnt even be in first place.....

Kruunch
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Let's not over dramatize. Two snaps were off

How am I over dramatizing? He's missed 5 FGs all year, and two were on bobbled snaps. Pretty fair percentage I'd say.

We all know he's iffy at best at 50+. Otherwise he's been fairly money the last few years.

Kruunch
12-11-2012, 05:11 PM

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

And specifically, I wouldn't fault him for missing a 54 yarder (Eagles) and had he made that one at the Red Skins, then the Skins go ahead and score on their last possession instead of running the clock out (they were in our red zone when the game ended).

ozzie0075
12-11-2012, 05:16 PM

You can play the what if game all day if Barden doesn't get the OPI against the Eagles the ball would be at the 26 and Tynes probably makes that kick.

freeoscar
12-11-2012, 05:16 PM
He is what he is, and most importantly Coughlin is comfortable with what he has. I never once remember thinking "oh god, why is he sending out Tynes" like McCarthy did in sending out his ice-cold kicker to attempt a 50+ yder in the cold at the Meadowlands a couple of weeks ago.

GameTime
12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

And specifically, I wouldn't fault him for missing a 54 yarder (Eagles) and had he made that one at the Red Skins, then the Skins go ahead and score on their last possession instead of running the clock out (they were in our red zone when the game ended).
and I bet your Uncle would be pissed....lol

BlueSanta
12-11-2012, 07:47 PM
I have to give him credit. He had been a very sound kicker for us this year. People forget that our stadium isnt easy to make field goals late in the year. He has earned a mulligan for his performance this year.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 07:37 AM

Hes solid, but i think we could upgrade, at risk of finding worse though... and hence why i don't trust em, and why i said this last wk, and why i'll never trust the guy... Hes OK usually from distances that any NFL kicker should be solid from, and even then, its not a gurantee, as yesterday showed, and hes really not trust worthy from deep..

So the fact u have to worry about chip shots and hes not very good from deep, kinda makes him untrustworthy.. Shoot, ive seen him almost shank extra points way to often... Hes a OK kicker who can be upgraded just like i said..

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 07:39 AM
I have to give him credit. He had been a very sound kicker for us this year. People forget that our stadium isnt easy to make field goals late in the year. He has earned a mulligan for his performance this year. Ya, the weather was terrible in ATLANTA yesterday on that 30yrd miss of his.. Oh wait??lol j/k.. Seriously though, the guys not that trust worthy.. He'll make most of his 25-40yrders, but still make u sweat alot of em out as he just makes em, and on occasion he'll miss one, and hes not very accurate from deep.. Hence, not trust worthy...

Sure, he made the game winning kick in GB in 07 champ game, but lets not forget, it was his 3rd chance..lol I've never trusted em, and this is why i never will.. did he seriously miss a 30yrder in a dome yesterday???lol Jesus!

BillTheGreek
12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
We should go for TD's !

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Maybe if we didn't need him to kick so many FGs his leg would be fresher...