PDA

View Full Version : If postseason started today, Seahawks would make a visit to our humble abode..

nycsportzfan
12-11-2012, 11:47 AM
That would make for a intersting matchup, indeed.. I like our chances though.. Do u guys think Seattle coming here is a best case scenario for us going forward, playoff wise? Obviously worst case is not making it at all.. I think this would be best case.. I'd still rather them then Chicago for somereason, and obviously GB(albeit, we got there number)..

BurnerNYG
12-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I'll take Chicago and their weak offensive line vs Seattle and their under the radar rookie QB. We own Chicago... Seattle always gives us problems.

nycsportzfan
12-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I'll take Chicago and their weak offensive line vs Seattle and their under the radar rookie QB. We own Chicago... Seattle always gives us problems. I remember we destroyed Seattle back in 08 and beat em in 05(i believe in FG game like 9-6 or something?).. In 08, we destroyed em in our house.. Have we played them since? I can't seem to remember??

I'm not totally disagreeing with u, as i loved Russell Wilson as a prospect and his abilities are amazing.. I knew his height wasen't gonna be a major issue in the pro's.. hes definetly got the "it" factor.. On the other hand, Jay Cutler just dosen't scare me nearly as much, but the defense and ST's of the bears scare me more.. Also, maybe Russ WIlson finally finds a moment 2 big , and shows alittle bit of growing pains, like most normal rookies and young players do..lol

Either way, i'm still going seahawks.. Brandon Marshall is a scary weapon and i'll go with youth over expierence.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2012, 12:04 PM
They beat us last year and when Feeley missed all those kicks. It tends to go back and forth but just like we blew them out, they blew us out when Strahan was on the sideline screaming at the defense. We had Lavar Arrington at the time.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I think you're underestimating Seattle's defense... those guys aren't slouches. I'm too lazy to pull up numbers but I'm sure they're tops in the league. Brandon Marshall is one man and Cutler can't complete passes on his back.

PennState1
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
This Seahawks team is solid. Wilson has continued to improve every week and he has a good group of receivers. Wilson is extremely mobile and smart about ball security. Lynch is a beast and I don't know how our D slows him down when you consider how they have performed against the run. The Seahawks D is top 5 in the League. This would be a tough matchup for us. Our D line and LB's would have to really step up to win that game.

joemorrisforprez
12-11-2012, 12:16 PM
I think that if the Giants play at the top of their game in all 3 phases, they can beat anyone.

nycsportzfan
12-11-2012, 12:41 PM
They beat us last year and when Feeley missed all those kicks. It tends to go back and forth but just like we blew them out, they blew us out when Strahan was on the sideline screaming at the defense. We had Lavar Arrington at the time. Ya, ur right in ur logic, and its certainly a toss up.. I like Seattle traveling cross country and playing on East Coast alittle bit as well.. Brandon Marshall also has Matt Forte and Michael Bush as a backfield.. Not saying Beast Mode isn't right there with them, but Marshall certainly isn't by himself.. I always worry about Devin Hester on the big stage as well...

I still would rather Seattle and there inexpierence traveling cross country for a playoff game, then the bears and there erratic QB.. Thats my opinion, anyways..

giantsfan420
12-11-2012, 12:46 PM
well we were able to throw on em last yr and score at will. id rather play seattle then anyone too bc seattle is garbage on the road. the chitown win was their 1 quality road win. also, their offensive system seems less dangerous or complex. just have to keep wilson in the pocket imo. he gets into his groove when he can start rolling out

nycsportzfan
12-11-2012, 12:47 PM
This Seahawks team is solid. Wilson has continued to improve every week and he has a good group of receivers. Wilson is extremely mobile and smart about ball security. Lynch is a beast and I don't know how our D slows him down when you consider how they have performed against the run. The Seahawks D is top 5 in the League. This would be a tough matchup for us. Our D line and LB's would have to really step up to win that game. Russell WIlson isn't exactly deadly accurate as of yet.. JPP tends to like to bat balls down, and our Dline has alot of Height in general.. Guys like Chris Canty, Linval Joseph, JPP, Mathias Kiwanuka, Tuck...etc Those are 6ft 5in and taller guys, that would be having hands in and around Russell Wilson's face and throwing lanes all day long...

Again, i love Russell Wilson, and each fan has there reasons to think how they will on this matter, but Julius Peppers, Devin Hester, Brandon Marshall, and Lance Briggs, and of course Urlacher(assuming hes back).. Guys like Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers, and Tillman will be playing there buts off, trying to get this SB ring, being there older players and not knowing when this chance comes again..

Also, we don't have any Sean Locklear , and having David Diehl against that team scares me.. I here ya, Seattle been having there season on D, but there playing Arizona and St Louis as well, while Chi playing GB, Minnesota, and Detroit.. Those offenses can move the ball pretty well...

I respect both these opponets, but think Seattle would be my choice, if i got 2 pick to face one in our stadium...

TroyArcher
12-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Seattle is not a very good road team. Giants would crush them in Giants stadium.

BigBlue wins
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Im worried with Seattle because that team is angry.

With bears I think it would be a low scoring game for both sides, but giants on top of course :)

Kruunch
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
I think Seattle is going to cause a lot of trouble in the playoffs.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2012, 12:56 PM
well we were able to throw on em last yr and score at will. id rather play seattle then anyone too bc seattle is garbage on the road. the chitown win was their 1 quality road win. also, their offensive system seems less dangerous or complex. just have to keep wilson in the pocket imo. he gets into his groove when he can start rolling outYeah we sure had a lot of success keeping mobile QB's in the pocket. To the poster that said last year, you answered your own question... that was last year. The more a team wins, the more confident they get... especially after crushing a team by damn near 60 points.

Ntegrase96
12-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Not sure if you want that...

I think they're defense and running game is the kind of team that can not only prevail on the road, but actually is the kind of team I could see giving the Giants fits.

Marshawn Lynch could slow down those pass rushers and their secondary matches up well with your WRs.

The downfall for them is they're not a very good road team.

JJC7301
12-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I'd rather play Chicago than Seattle.

Then again, I just want to make the playoffs and play whomever.

BlueJayC
12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Charlie Whitehurst and Tavaris Jackson own the Giants......aaaaand any other back-up QB in the league.

drewz
12-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Seattles offense doesn't impress me, sorry..

The same formula that worked for us against the 49ers & Packers applies to them.. Jump out to a lead and force Russell Wilson to throw the ball

nycsportzfan
12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Seattles offense doesn't impress me, sorry..

The same formula that worked for us against the 49ers & Packers applies to them.. Jump out to a lead and force Russell Wilson to throw the ball I dont' think it can be understated that the size of our Dline(length wise) would be a added weapon vs the shorter Russell Wilson.. Also weather could play a part, with the west coast team coming north to our house... I like the variables of playing the Seahawks more then i do the Bears..

I don't like Brandon Marshall against our secondary, and i can just see Devin Hester running a muck on returns or in deep pass game.. I simply like the matchup with Seattle better...

Toadofsteel
12-11-2012, 01:31 PM
The funny thing is, if Seattle wins their next 2 games (including week 16 vs the niners), and the niners lose vs the Pats and said Seattle team, the niners might be the wild card team we face. That division is not locked up yet.

GiantWarfare
12-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Ppl are sleeping on Seattle, that team is scary. Wilson is a midget but he's playing exceptionally well, Lynch is a beast of a RB and their defense is arguably one of the best, with a hellacious front seven and two 6' physical corners in Browner and Sherman.

But if we did face them I'd very much like our chances in the Meadowlands than at Seattle where they have the best homefield advantage in the league. I know we're the road warriors and all, but I'd want to face them at our place...

But first thing's first, we gotta actually get into the playoffs.

Redeyejedi
12-11-2012, 03:02 PM
That would make for a intersting matchup, indeed.. I like our chances though.. Do u guys think Seattle coming here is a best case scenario for us going forward, playoff wise? Obviously worst case is not making it at all.. I think this would be best case.. I'd still rather them then Chicago for somereason, and obviously GB(albeit, we got there number).. Seattle is 2-5 on the road bring them in. Wouldnt want to play in Seattle though

freeoscar
12-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Seattle is going to win the NFCW. NE is playing great right now, and BB will gameplan very well against the inexperienced Kaepernick. And I think Seattle will beat SF at home. But as many have said, the priority right now is on making the playoffs. Once in the playoffs, the Giants can beat anybody, anywhere (and vice-versa)