PDA

View Full Version : Not all on him

BuffyBlueII
12-11-2012, 01:10 PM
It is true that Eli Manning has had some issues this season and hopefully he will return to form for the end of season and possible playoff run here but it is not all on him. Our play calling is miserable. Yes, Eli Manning did miss a couple throws against Washington Redskins last MNF but there was no reason for our OC to abandon the passing game.

I am confident that Eli Manning turns it up a notch and we really need him to because our OC is pure garbage. I know there are folks that defend him but he flat out stinks. Hopefully this is his last season as our OC.

Toadofsteel
12-11-2012, 01:17 PM
It wont be his last season as OC, because you don't fire a super bowl-winning coach... too bad Eli makes him look like the best OC in the world sometimes.

pthere55
12-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Its def not all on him but sometimes I just wonder what eli is thinking. I see a couple of receivers wide open but he forces it into double coverage. It just leaves me scratching my head.

BuffyBlueII
12-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Its def not all on him but sometimes I just wonder what eli is thinking. I see a couple of receivers wide open but he forces it into double coverage. It just leaves me scratching my head.

He does have some of those bone headed plays. There are times however when he is so spot on and we take a nice lead and then suddenly the entire gsmeplan changes and we let the other team back in it. I don’t understand that.

TheAnalyst
12-11-2012, 01:24 PM
I really dont understand why we dont go just over the Dline in the middle of the field ever. It amazes me when we do it, and it works perfectly. I think Pascoe had a huge catch a game or so ago on it. And Bennett was wide open on Eli's dumb throw to the endzone. But other then that, I dont remember much of this happening. If we did that more, and more RB screens with Bradshaw or Wilson, we would score more TDs in the redzone.

BuffyBlueII
12-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I really dont understand why we dont go just over the Dline in the middle of the field ever. It amazes me when we do it, and it works perfectly. I think Pascoe had a huge catch a game or so ago on it. And Bennett was wide open on Eli's dumb throw to the endzone. But other then that, I dont remember much of this happening. If we did that more, and more RB screens with Bradshaw or Wilson, we would score more TDs in the redzone.

It seems that we look away from that and it makes no sense because it would really help us out.

Weygand
12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
It is true that Eli Manning has had some issues this season and hopefully he will return to form for the end of season and possible playoff run here but it is not all on him. Our play calling is miserable. Yes, Eli Manning did miss a couple throws against Washington Redskins last MNF but there was no reason for our OC to abandon the passing game.

I am confident that Eli Manning turns it up a notch and we really need him to because our OC is pure garbage. I know there are folks that defend him but he flat out stinks. Hopefully this is his last season as our OC.

I'd say they are both indispensable. Gilbride has been with Eli his whole career (yes, Chris Palmer was his first QB coach) and Eli is by all marks a successful QB and you have to be pretty pleased with the development of the offense since 2004. Well you don't have to be, but if you aren't by now I cannot imagine what more you want. Besides Tiki back. :-)

pthere55
12-11-2012, 01:30 PM
It seems that we look away from that and it makes no sense because it would really help us out.

It seems like sometimes they deviate purposely from what was once working. Nothing has changed or prevented them from doing the same but they are like… hey let’s try this now.

RoanokeFan
12-11-2012, 02:00 PM

When did we abandon the passing game?

pthere55
12-11-2012, 02:24 PM
When did we abandon the passing game?

the second half. Eli threw 2 times as many passes in the first half.

GameTime
12-11-2012, 02:25 PM
its never all any one player.....usually..
Eli has his times where he just flat out sucks....but he make sup for it in spades....

TextureDj
12-11-2012, 03:36 PM
I love how you can tell which threads it will be from the title. Its always the same characters that are football savants but somehow are on a message board instead of a locker room flock to any thread *****ing about someone who has dedicated their life to learning this sport and becoming good at it.

Bravo for consistency I guess.

freeoscar
12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
the second half. Eli threw 2 times as many passes in the first half. That was the result of the horrible starting field position thanks to the penalties. But clearly in hindsight they should have been more aggressive. If the Giants make the playoffs, there is a good chance they will meet the 'Skins there. Hopefully the lesson was learned.

giantsforce
12-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I really dont understand why we dont go just over the Dline in the middle of the field ever. It amazes me when we do it, and it works perfectly. I think Pascoe had a huge catch a game or so ago on it. And Bennett was wide open on Eli's dumb throw to the endzone. But other then that, I dont remember much of this happening. If we did that more, and more RB screens with Bradshaw or Wilson, we would score more TDs in the redzone.I think it has to do with the scoring mentality of the QBs. I saw Shaub do the same thing against NE Monday night. He had the either the RB or the TE wide open 16 yards down field with no one in sight. Sure TD. He threw in the end zone in to double coverage. It think it was incomplete. Brady on the other hand, was taking his time and taking whatever they were giving him, mostly short passes and slants. It worked so good that they scored 3 TD's in their first 3 posetion during the 1st qrt and it was game over. Also, the play calling was impressive, especially the way they used their TE. In one of the TD's on first down the TE lined up at the half back position in the back field and you thought they were keeping him for protection, but he went in to the end zone and he caught the TD. Now that is something that you will never see Killdrive calling in a million years. Also, NE used a very fast paced, quick line up and snap game that even caught the D not ready and they scored a TD because no one covered the TE who lined up at WR position to the left. I just wonder why we do not use this but instead we wind up getting delay of game penalties and we wind up either chucking down the field or running a delay draw that never works.

Kruunch
12-11-2012, 04:32 PM

Top 10 offense 5 years running, two SB victories, the emergence of a future HoF QB and the most prolific offense in Giants history.

Yeah I could see why you'd want him gone. :rolleyes:

giantsfan420
12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
well with the cam cameron firing with balt at 9-3, there is a sort of precedence for getting rid of the OC and saying the success is in spite of him...I personally realized I was mostly wrong about KG a while ago. Theres still a few things that absolutely make zero sense, like how he doesnt script the first 2 drives like Sean Payton, Mike Mccarthy, etc etc offensive gurus do and almost always score at least 1 td in the first two drives. KG admittedly likes to call vanilla, he actually used that word too when explaining it if u can believe it, plays to feel out what the defense is going to be doing, and then formulate the best attack from there. while i understand PART of that wacked out thinking, the best way to attack point, couldnt KG figure what the D is gonna be doing by studying the film throughout the week and script some gdang opening scoring drives? We almost ALWAYS start slow bc ths is how KG likes to operate, he admitted he does this.

Another thing I dislike is how he'll attack to get in the RZ, but once in the RZ, he gets ultra conservative. The reason we run that shotgun draw down there all the tme is bc its like the one play where we show we're going to attack but really dont. of course teams know this and when we score on that shotgun draw the rare times its occurred its bc its a spell hb that the d's havent seen used like that ie Ware last season on the 2 pt conversion vs GB....

i also dislike how he lets the D dictate what we do. our wr's and qb need to make decisions based on what the D shows them mid play. Thats way too defensive imho. Id rather go on the offensive on offense, go figure lol, and make the D have to adjust to us. but thats KGs scheme. the guy has gotten it done, is way better than given credit for. but like anyone he has his flaws, sometimes they are magnified and apparent

Kruunch
12-11-2012, 04:57 PM
The Ravens are replacing a proven OC with someone who's never called an offensive game plan in his life (McCarthy) in week 14.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to them here on out this year.

BuffyBlueII
12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Top 10 offense 5 years running, two SB victories, the emergence of a future HoF QB and the most prolific offense in Giants history.

Yeah I could see why you'd want him gone. :rolleyes:

Our OC needs to go. It is because of the personnel we have that we win in spite of him.

BuffyBlueII
12-11-2012, 05:43 PM
well with the cam cameron firing with balt at 9-3, there is a sort of precedence for getting rid of the OC and saying the success is in spite of him...I personally realized I was mostly wrong about KG a while ago. Theres still a few things that absolutely make zero sense, like how he doesnt script the first 2 drives like Sean Payton, Mike Mccarthy, etc etc offensive gurus do and almost always score at least 1 td in the first two drives. KG admittedly likes to call vanilla, he actually used that word too when explaining it if u can believe it, plays to feel out what the defense is going to be doing, and then formulate the best attack from there. while i understand PART of that wacked out thinking, the best way to attack point, couldnt KG figure what the D is gonna be doing by studying the film throughout the week and script some gdang opening scoring drives? We almost ALWAYS start slow bc ths is how KG likes to operate, he admitted he does this.

Another thing I dislike is how he'll attack to get in the RZ, but once in the RZ, he gets ultra conservative. The reason we run that shotgun draw down there all the tme is bc its like the one play where we show we're going to attack but really dont. of course teams know this and when we score on that shotgun draw the rare times its occurred its bc its a spell hb that the d's havent seen used like that ie Ware last season on the 2 pt conversion vs GB....

i also dislike how he lets the D dictate what we do. our wr's and qb need to make decisions based on what the D shows them mid play. Thats way too defensive imho. Id rather go on the offensive on offense, go figure lol, and make the D have to adjust to us. but thats KGs scheme. the guy has gotten it done, is way better than given credit for. but like anyone he has his flaws, sometimes they are magnified and apparent

Our OC is holding our players back. His game plans are staid and he just doesn’t adapt properly. The guy needs to go.

egyptian420
12-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I love Eli as much as anyone, but I don't know how anyone can't see that those picks in the last 2 games were just very dumb mistakes on his part. I know it, he knows it, and the coaches know it... It's clear as day that those were terrible throws..

Lucky for us, that doesn't bother Eli as much as it bothers us, he will rebound from this and act like it never happened.

BuffyBlueII
12-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I love Eli as much as anyone, but I don't know how anyone can't see that those picks in the last 2 games were just very dumb mistakes on his part. I know it, he knows it, and the coaches know it... It's clear as day that those were terrible throws..

Lucky for us, that doesn't bother Eli as much as it bothers us, he will rebound from this and act like it never happened.

They were on him. Eli Manning still makes some bonehead plays, no doubt about it. However, the gameplan has also contributed to the eratic play this season also.

BeatYale
12-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I'd say they are both indispensable. Gilbride has been with Eli his whole career (yes, Chris Palmer was his first QB coach) and Eli is by all marks a successful QB and you have to be pretty pleased with the development of the offense since 2004. Well you don't have to be, but if you aren't by now I cannot imagine what more you want. Besides Tiki back. :-)

Well the offense has had redzone passing struggles during the Eli/Coughlin era. The only constants have been Coughlin, Eli and KG and I believe KG is the main culprit. Our play calling once we get in or near the redzone has been poor. It's business as usual for us to not take shots into the endzone once we get deep into enemy territory. When we do, it's usually not the safer throws along the sidelines, but instead passes down the middle of the field against a defense that is squatting on routes and reading Eli. When we get to that part of the field is when it's most obvious our O-line isn't as good as they look paper. Protection doesn't hold up long enough for certain routes to develop. The low sack count is because of Eli getting rid of the ball to avoid sacks, in turn we do experience more interceptions because of that. That's the trade off he makes and it's probably what's kept him relatively healthy for his whole career.

RoanokeFan
12-11-2012, 06:19 PM
the second half. Eli threw 2 times as many passes in the first half.

Weren't we scoring in the second half?

pthere55
12-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Weren't we scoring in the second half?

You said we didnít abandon the passing game. We clearly did if he threw twice as many passes in the first half than the second half.

BuffyBlueII
12-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Well the offense has had redzone passing struggles during the Eli/Coughlin era. The only constants have been Coughlin, Eli and KG and I believe KG is the main culprit. Our play calling once we get in or near the redzone has been poor. It's business as usual for us to not take shots into the endzone once we get deep into enemy territory. When we do, it's usually not the safer throws along the sidelines, but instead passes down the middle of the field against a defense that is squatting on routes and reading Eli. When we get to that part of the field is when it's most obvious our O-line isn't as good as they look paper. Protection doesn't hold up long enough for certain routes to develop. The low sack count is because of Eli getting rid of the ball to avoid sacks, in turn we do experience more interceptions because of that. That's the trade off he makes and it's probably what's kept him relatively healthy for his whole career.

I really don’t think his focus in throwing his picks is to avoid sacks.

Ou offensive line is awful.

He throws the ball away because unlike Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning is not overly concerned about his over all stats. His interceptions have come at times from bonhead plays and trying to make things happen but a lot of the time it has been toward the end of the game.

moosedrool
12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Dont you just love it when people post threads with ridiculous titles?

GentleGiant
12-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Its def not all on him but sometimes I just wonder what eli is thinking. I see a couple of receivers wide open but he forces it into double coverage. It just leaves me scratching my head. meh. Rodgers, brady,peyton, and brees do that all the time. Eli isn't an anomaly.