PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Bradshaw Gets MRI

RoanokeFan
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/bradshaw_gets_mri_wilson_gets_mvp_7SxAVQ82SkRqsmrD WSJNMM

Excerpt: "If the Giants do not get good news regarding the health of Ahmad Bradshaw’s left knee — and perhaps even if they do — it appears as if rookie David Wilson has earned himself increased playing time after his breakthrough performance against the Saints.

Tom Coughlin yesterday said Wilson’s eruption (two rushing touchdowns and record-breaking kickoff return production) “didn’t surprise me at all.’’ It is important to note Coughlin praised Wilson for a subtlety — “He did a nice job picking up a weak side safety blitz’’ — showing the trust the coaching staff is gaining in the first-round pick.

Everyone around the Giants knows how tough Bradshaw is, but there is concern about his health. He underwent an MRI exam and a battery of other tests yesterday to check out the new knee problem. Coughlin said until the results of the tests are in, “I wouldn’t speculate on anything.’’

Bradshaw coming out of games banged up is not uncommon, but usually Bradshaw’s feet absorb most of the punishment. Bradshaw hurt his knee in the first half Sunday, but was able to get back on the field and get six rushing attempts in the second half. Bradshaw ended up playing 38 snaps and was not very effective, gaining 33 yards on 13 carries.

“Any time you’re talking about a knee and going through several tests, better off to wait and see what the results are,’’ Coughlin said.

Wilson was a popular guy after his breakout showing, in which he returned four kickoffs for a total of 227 yards, including a 97-yard TD, and tallied a franchise-record 327 all-purpose yards. He said he got about 120 text and voice messages.

“I heard from people I forgot that I even have their number,’’ Wilson said. “And a couple of unknown numbers. But most of them said something in the text to let me know who they were.”

Wilson became the fourth player in NFL history with two rushing TDs and a kickoff return TD in the same game, joining Washington’s Andy Farkas in 1939, Philadelphia’s Steve Van Buren in 1945 and Jacksonville’s Maurice Jones-Drew in 2006." Read more...

Weygand
12-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Sign Tiki!

Cloud57
12-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Sign Jacobs!

TheAnalyst
12-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Now is when losing Brown will hurt us. If it's Wilson and Lumpkin, that is just scary. I noticed we ran Hynoski once last game. Might see more of that too. Maybe Torain gets in.

The thing that sucks, I see Bradshaw's knee being more of an issue then RG3s knee. Thats just how it works for us.

Cloud57
12-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Now is when losing Brown will hurt us. If it's Wilson and Lumpkin, that is just scary. I noticed we ran Hynoski once last game. Might see more of that too. Maybe Torain gets in.

The thing that sucks, I see Bradshaw's knee being more of an issue then RG3s knee. Thats just how it works for us.you can say the same about Nicks

Eliscruzzz
12-11-2012, 01:50 PM
I think Bradshaw is to much of warrior to not play. He might not play this game but he will be back before the playoffs start. It does suck though that we are basically down to Wilson who probably knows the playbook better then the other two. Wilson is not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about Torrain and Lumpkin we have no idea of what they got to offer. I think we should just use Torrain to give Wilson breathers until Bradshaw gets back. This is a scary situation.

joemorrisforprez
12-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Excerpt: "If the Giants do not get good news regarding the health of Ahmad Bradshaw’s left knee — and perhaps even if they do — it appears as if rookie David Wilson has earned himself increased playing time after his breakthrough performance against the Saints.

If the Giants had lost v. the Saints, they would have slipped from the #4 Seed to "in the hunt" for a wildcard.

A healthy Bradshaw is a good, versatile back...... but anyone who watched that Saints game has to be excited about Wilson going forward.

As far as pass protection is concerned.....Wilson did a decent job of that, too........it's up to Gilbride to call plays that maximize Wilson's athleticism, and minimize any perceived weaknesses.

For example, that pitchout on Wilson's long TD run was a perfect call....Wilson was in his lane quicker than the defense could react.

Long story short, Coughlin and Gilbride need Wilson's productivity going forward, regardless of who is considered the "#1 back".

Like I mentioned elsewhere......if Bradshaw is good to go, Gilbride should work Bradshaw and Wilson into the gameplan together.

TheAnalyst
12-11-2012, 02:07 PM
A healthy Bradshaw is a good, versatile back...... but anyone who watched that Saints game has to be excited about Wilson going forward.

Again, I am excited to see what more he can do, but he was going against the Saints pathetic defense and ST coverage units in a rainy Jersey day game. Lets not forget what Bradshaw has done against even some top defenses.

joemorrisforprez
12-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Again, I am excited to see what more he can do, but he was going against the Saints pathetic defense and ST coverage units in a rainy Jersey day game. Lets not forget what Bradshaw has done against even some top defenses.

That's true....but so was Bradshaw, until he hurt his knee.

If Bradshaw is good to go next week, that's great news. But Wilson is an extra dimension that this offense simply doesn't have the luxury to ignore, considering how tight the playoff race is right now.

Morehead State
12-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Bradshaw's theme song: "Another week, another MRI"

egyptian420
12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Do the results for this MRI come out tomorrow?

Tmurda1984
12-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Bradshaw's theme song: "Another week, another MRI"

Thats football! Bradshaw plays at 100% every play and is able to play through pain. Bradshaw does not take a day off because his neck is sore like Tuck. Bradshaw is a workhorse and we almost lost him this offseason. I dont mind Jerry Reese paying warriors like Bradshaw...just do not give the big contracts to guys like Terrell Thomas who had injury problems even in college at USC....not to smart from our GM.

dave56dj
12-11-2012, 06:47 PM
will you ever stop trolling?

giantsfan420
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
its a good thing wilson is young and has gone mostly unused bc if bradshaw is hurt, wilson is gonna have to become a serious work horse...and joemorris, i agree with ur post. i thought wilson did a good job in pass pro and as a runner. he showed some patience on the first td run. he mixed it up nicely with between the tackle runs and on the perimeter runs

Buddy333
12-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Thats football! Bradshaw plays at 100% every play and is able to play through pain. Bradshaw does not take a day off because his neck is sore like Tuck. Bradshaw is a workhorse and we almost lost him this offseason. I dont mind Jerry Reese paying warriors like Bradshaw...just do not give the big contracts to guys like Terrell Thomas who had injury problems even in college at USC....not to smart from our GM.When did TT get a big contract?

TextureDj
12-11-2012, 10:12 PM
When did TT get a big contract?In Tmurda land (obviously not the most well thought out place) an incentive based contract that amounted to very little in case of re injury is a big contract as long as it supports your witch hunt of the moment.

fourth&forever
12-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Do the results for this MRI come out tomorrow?

Maybe Harooni will post the MRI pictures for us

BillTheGreek
12-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Lets hope Bradshaw is OK...........Hate to Lose him ! Even for one game !

Captain Chaos
12-12-2012, 06:17 AM
Let's hope it is nothing serious....