PDA

View Full Version : Is the Giants Pass Rush back?

TheEnigma
12-11-2012, 03:01 PM
The Giants were able to pressure Drew Brees on 18 of his 44 drop-backs, in large part due to the play of Jason Pierre-Paul (+6.0), who terrorized the New Orleans offensive line en route to a season-high nine QB disruptions. Regardless of who was in front of him, Pierre-Paul had no trouble getting into the New Orleans backfield, as he beat tackles Jermon Bushrod, Zach Strief, and William Robinson at least twice each for pressures. Dave Thomas didnít fare much better, allowing a hurry and picking up a holding penalty on his attempts to contain the end.

Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora werenít bad either ó each produced four pressures, including the teamís only sack on the day, on 61 combined rushes. Tuck was particularly effective rushing from the interior of the defense where he collected a hit and a hurry from two of his seven pass rushes against Ben Grubbs at DRT. This is usually the time of year that we see the Giantsí pass rush light the blue touch paper. Itís too early to tell if this was the start of that, but this was at least a better performance by the Giantsí base pass rush than weíve seen for most of the season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/11/refo-saints-giants-week-14/

The Falcons and Ravens like to pass the ball so we should get great opportunities to get hurries/hits/sacks.

joemorrisforprez
12-11-2012, 03:06 PM
I agree.....the defensive line pressured Brees into a lot of quick throws....it's not all about the sacks.

RoanokeFan
12-11-2012, 03:07 PM
There comes a point in most seasons where we get it all together. We haven't seen it yet, but it's getting closer. We tend to look at the lack of sacks as a barometer of success, but pressures result in poor throws that, in our case, results in turnovers.

TheAnalyst
12-11-2012, 03:10 PM
"The Falcons and Ravens like to pass the ball"

Exactly why the Ravens fired their OC. Expect to see much more Ray Rice going forward. Also I could see the Falcons trying to pound Turner at us seeing how well Morris and Ingram did the past few weeks.

TheEnigma
12-11-2012, 03:18 PM
"The Falcons and Ravens like to pass the ball"

Exactly why the Ravens fired their OC. Expect to see much more Ray Rice going forward. Also I could see the Falcons trying to pound Turner at us seeing how well Morris and Ingram did the past few weeks.

Turner has been horrible this year. I would welcome that with open arms in comparison to Julio Jones and Roddy White.

Ray Rice is a beast though and will probably be a huge factor in our game with the Ravens.

Cloud57
12-11-2012, 03:25 PM
as I mention before this defense can't stop any RB, I'm sure wilson could rush for 200+ yrds on this defense. As for turner he's a joke but they will use him near the goal line or on short yardage situations, they have another RB but I can't remember his name.

GameTime
12-11-2012, 03:26 PM
it better be here to stay for the next month and a half.....

Giant in Texas
12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Jaquizz Rodgers or Cheezewhiz Rogers..... or something like that. Either way our Run D is weak, we need more pressure up the middle which will lead to morepressures/sacks by JPP, KIWI, and even Oldsi, I mean Osi!