PDA

View Full Version : Is Mike Francesa on drugs?

SuperNYGiants
12-11-2012, 07:40 PM
The Giants scored 52 points, the most since 1986, and he keeps on whining about how Saints gave it to them and that it was just special teams. What?! Since when special teams and turnovers didn't count? Should the Giants score every time from 80 yards away to make the score legitimate? Seriously, what are some of these media heads smoking? The only reason I'm still listening to that radio station is by default and not by choice, but wow I'm seriously considering not listening to that dope radio station anymore, well at least not Mike Francesa, since there are a few good hosts during the overnight timetable.

Anyway, yeah man, Mike Francesa, you are no Giants fan to bash them after a such a spectacular win, get lost!!

FBomb
12-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes..next question.

BlueSanta
12-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes..thread over.

I corrected it for you

YATittle1962
12-11-2012, 07:46 PM
spectacular win ?

SuperNYGiants
12-11-2012, 07:47 PM
spectacular win ?
Did I say something wrong? Or did you blink and miss David Wilson fly by?

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Did I say something wrong? Or did you blink and miss David Wilson fly by?LMAO, Good one

FBomb
12-11-2012, 07:53 PM
He is also a fat ****!

nhpgiantsfan
12-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't call it spectacular either.. Field position without a doubt made it very easy for us. Yes, it's part of the game, but we wil. Not be starting every drive at mid field every week. The offense hasn't been humming on all cylinders for a while. And the defense does have holes.

Eliscruzzz
12-11-2012, 08:17 PM
I died when I saw the title to this thread lol.

jomo
12-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I died when I saw the title to this thread lol.Drugs don't do that to people.......lol, there is something deeper that plagues him

egyptian420
12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
lol oh come on....we all love his rants when he's tearing the Jets to pieces but now he says something about us that isn't flattering and we're supposed to be pissed off....who cares???

Him, Kurt Warner, Skip Bayless, whoever....they're just making opinions. If it ain't Coughlin or Mara making the comments, I could care less about them because they have zero merit with regards to our football team.

Eliscruzzz
12-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Drugs don't do that to people.......lol, there is something deeper that plagues himlol....

Eliscruzzz
12-11-2012, 08:29 PM
lol oh come on....we all love his rants when he's tearing the Jets to pieces but now he says something about us that isn't flattering and we're supposed to be pissed off....who cares???

Him, Kurt Warner, Skip Bayless, whoever....they're just making opinions. If it ain't Coughlin or Mara making the comments, I could care less about them because they have zero merit with regards to our football team.+1

TheAnalyst
12-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I am secretly hoping this turns into a " Is Eli elite?" thread.

Cloud57
12-11-2012, 09:16 PM
why even listen to that fool, he only think his opinions are right

DVision
12-11-2012, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't call it spectacular either.. Field position without a doubt made it very easy for us. Yes, it's part of the game, but we wil. Not be starting every drive at mid field every week. The offense hasn't been humming on all cylinders for a while. And the defense does have holes.

Actually it was pretty spectacular! The specials were spectacular! The red zone efficiency was spectacular! There was some spectacular individual performances! And the defense does have some holes, but considering they played back to back top 5 offenses and held one to well below their ppg for the season (in a loss) and held the Saints to their average yet caused 4 turnovers (giving the offense excellent field position), I'd say they've been playing ok!

Redeyejedi
12-11-2012, 09:52 PM
I thought Eli played a pretty mediocre game. Forced a lot of throws made some poor decisions a better defense would of taken advantage. Giants did have crazy field position. They had 16 drives 1 of them was a kneel down so 15 really. 8 of them started in Saints territory or a KO TD. 2 more started on the Giants 45 and 48. I wouldnt call it spectacular at all. Giants were fairly sloppy. They were just fortunate the Saints were terrible.

Buddy333
12-11-2012, 10:29 PM
The Saints where sloppy but some credit is due to what the Giants did. Wilson might be the best return man in the league right now so it's not like this was out of the blue. Give credit to the special teams for not committing penalties as they have done so many times on his great returns. Turnovers are a part of the game and they have been very good at causing them all year. As far as the offense, no, they where not great, but special teams and defense are a part of the game. It's like unless you just score conventional TD's on 80 drives after touchbacks they don't count.

45Jones
12-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Some day I hope one of the geniuses in the business will lay down the parameters for a socially acceptable, morally and politically correct victory...because after 2 Super Bowls in 4 years and knocking off 2 or 3 of the "best teams in the league" this year, somehow no matter how the Giants win there is always something wrong with it.

GameTime
12-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Giants took advantage of a ****ty defense and a ****ty special teams unit. They should have and they did......

bigblue58
12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
The Giants scored 52 points, the most since 1986, and he keeps on whining about how Saints gave it to them and that it was just special teams. What?! Since when special teams and turnovers didn't count? Should the Giants score every time from 80 yards away to make the score legitimate? Seriously, what are some of these media heads smoking? The only reason I'm still listening to that radio station is by default and not by choice, but wow I'm seriously considering not listening to that dope radio station anymore, well at least not Mike Francesa, since there are a few good hosts during the overnight timetable.

Anyway, yeah man, Mike Francesa, you are no Giants fan to bash them after a such a spectacular win, get lost!!

The Saints gassed the Giants D for over 400 total yards.......there was nothing spectacular about that. It was a good win but thank god the Giants put up 52 because the D is still in the weeds and the Pass rush is MIA!

YATittle1962
12-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Giants took advantage of a ****ty defense and a ****ty special teams unit. They should have and they did......

exactly

nothing spectacular about it

and against that ****ty defense the Giants offense still did not look great

this team needs to stop the run and run the ball before I connect the word spectacular to anything they do

jomo
12-11-2012, 11:09 PM
exactly

nothing spectacular about it

and against that ****ty defense the Giants offense still did not look great

this team needs to stop the run and run the ball before I connect the word spectacular to anything they doWell, that's true.

L.T.56
12-11-2012, 11:14 PM
more like high on diet coke

jomo
12-11-2012, 11:16 PM
more like high on diet coke..............more like high on pancakes and whipped cream and syrup and............

GiantRoc
12-11-2012, 11:17 PM
How many other teams put up 52 on that ***ty defense ? How many other teams averaged over 50 yds per return on that ***ty special team? If every other team did it, then no big deal. We did what a lot of other teams didn't . Give them some credit. Enjoy it and hope improvement continues.

YATittle1962
12-11-2012, 11:25 PM
How many other teams put up 52 on that ***ty defense ? How many other teams averaged over 50 yds per return on that ***ty special team? If every other team did it, then no big deal. We did what a lot of other teams didn't . Give them some credit. Enjoy it and hope improvement continues.

what improvement did you see?

did you see a pass rush that I missed?

did you see them stop the run that I missed?

did you see them run the ball aside form a break away in garbage time that I missed?

did you miss 2 horrible interceptions ?

this team got lucky that the Saints played a horrible game and that they were able to get good field position because if the Saints did not have to throw the ball playing from behind they would have run up the gut all day on this marshmallow defense

egyptian420
12-11-2012, 11:32 PM
what improvement did you see?

did you see a pass rush that I missed?

did you see them stop the run that I missed?

did you see them run the ball aside form a break away in garbage time that I missed?

did you miss 2 horrible interceptions ?

this team got lucky that the Saints played a horrible game and that they were able to get good field position because if the Saints did not have to throw the ball playing from behind they would have run up the gut all day on this marshmallow defense
Agreed...I didn't hear what Francesa or any of these other talking heads have been saying nor do I give a damn....but I know what I seen on Sunday and that was not a dominant defense.

As Rolle would say, no pitbulls. We didn't get the pass rush that we would like, we couldn't stop the run as much as we'd like. Sproles was killing us with his sideline speed, those outside runs have been something that's been killing us all year long.

Those 2 picks we had were good but lets be honest, if we weren't killing them on returns and scoring a ton of points, I think they could've managed the game much better and kept running it on us.

Lets also not forget Eli's terrible decisions on those picks. I'm not that scared about him though because I know he'll rebound from this (and he did throw for 4 TDs).

It all begins with stopping the run, if we can stuff the run and force teams into 3rd and long situations, our D line will start bringing pressure (unless ofcourse we see another 3 man rush and the QB has all the time in the world to find someone.....where have I seen this before?...)

GameTime
12-11-2012, 11:36 PM
I am happy they won for sure because they needed too since they couldnt put up more than 16 points vs the Skins....
They also gave up almsot 500 yards of offense. Eli threw two stupid picks and almost had two more. They still cant stop the run and they give up huge passing plays.

DandyDon
12-12-2012, 12:01 AM
why even listen to that fool, he only think his opinions are right

No doubt Francessa has his opinions - dont we all?

You can call him all the (fat) names you want, and at times he p$##es me off also, but the guy is old school and has a lotta years and experience. He is a homer for yanks and gints/parcell, but he also knows more about all sports history than most on this board will ever know.

Just sayin :p

Morehead State
12-12-2012, 12:18 AM

Probably not but he is fat.

BillTheGreek
12-12-2012, 01:33 AM
..............more like high on pancakes and whipped cream and syrup and............

He's High on the JETS !

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
12-12-2012, 01:38 AM
I laughed so hard when he actually got pranked by someone using the Arnold Schwarzenegger soundboard. He legit had a convo with it until the guy used the "Who is your daddy and what does he do?" line.

I remember someone calling up and pretending to be Ray Ramano LMAO

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
12-12-2012, 01:41 AM
LMAO here he is falling asleep and waking up on air like he just seen a ghost AHAHAH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAONQyJWC-8

WOW Im DEAD here he is solving "Unusual Suspects" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhZsgRZZV40

But to answer your question, maybe he is? Like the title of the video states, painkillers do this to you. It's not the first time he's been caught nodding in and out on the air https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=CmktV_JeFBU&feature=fvwp

Captain Chaos
12-12-2012, 07:18 AM
You've just noticed this?????

Kruunch
12-12-2012, 08:54 AM

Haven't listened to Francesa in years. I liked him way back in the day when he used to be the voice of reason. Now he's just a pompous jerk.

G-MENBK
12-12-2012, 09:07 AM

BULL****!

This is the same fat **** that predicted the Giants would lose against the Patriots, only to come out on Monday and say that he told us so: that the Giants would win the Super Bowl.

As an NHL fan myself, it also irritates me that he has gone on record to say that he doesn't watch hockey, doesn't know the rules but when something significant happened - mostly with regards to the Rangers - he then became a full-on NHL expert.

A know-nothing blow hard who gets paid the big money to run his clueless mouth and drink his diet sodas. He should do the sports world a favor and just stick to his precious Yankees.

nhpgiantsfan
12-12-2012, 10:29 AM
BULL****!

This is the same fat **** that predicted the Giants would lose against the Patriots, only to come out on Monday and say that he told us so: that the Giants would win the Super Bowl.

As an NHL fan myself, it also irritates me that he has gone on record to say that he doesn't watch hockey, doesn't know the rules but when something significant happened - mostly with regards to the Rangers - he then became a full-on NHL expert.

A know-nothing blow hard who gets paid the big money to run his clueless mouth and drink his diet sodas. He should do the sports world a favor and just stick to his precious Yankees.

He absolutely picked the Patriots in 2007, along with the entire sports universe. But last year he picked the Giants and several times said that we had the better team. And even wondered how the Giants would react not being able to use the under dog card...

He is pretty fair about the Giants. Gives them credit when its due, and rips them when they need to be ripped. He has said countless times that Eli is not the best QB in the league, but if he needed one 4th quarter drive, he would take him every time, over every QB in the league.

And honestly this week he got on the defense and they deserved it. Masked by the 52 points was a defense that gave up almost 500 yards of offense.

GameTime
12-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I think MIke is ok when he talk about the Giants. Even his lates about the game vs the Saints. The put up 52 but Eli threw two picks and almost two others, the D let up almost 500 yards. The Giants beat a bad defesnse and bad STs....the did and they should have.

G-MENBK
12-12-2012, 10:36 AM
He absolutely picked the Patriots in 2007, along with the entire sports universe. But last year he picked the Giants and several times said that we had the better team. And even wondered how the Giants would react not being able to use the under dog card...

I would have had no problem with that. I do have a problem with him flip-flopping and pretending that he picked the Giants all along.

And honestly this week he got on the defense and they deserved it. Masked by the 52 points was a defense that gave up almost 500 yards of offense.

The same defense that got two fumbles and two turnovers and only allowed the Saints to score 20 points.

Not great but certainly not miserable like he tries to make it out to be.

GameTime
12-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I would have had no problem with that. I do have a problem with him flip-flopping and pretending that he picked the Giants all along.

The same defense that got two fumbles and two turnovers and only allowed the Saints to score 20 points.

Not great but certainly not miserable like he tries to make it out to be.

Not het he is the greatest sports guy but I havent heard him flip flop. he has accepted when he has said things that werent correct. i woudl have to hear this to believe it. The Giants D is not very good in many ways. Points allowed and take aways being their two strong suits. Letting up big yardage though is a bad thing. Mike is leaning towards that and saying this may eventually be a downfall for them.

bigblue58
12-12-2012, 11:08 AM
No doubt Francessa has his opinions - dont we all?

You can call him all the (fat) names you want, and at times he p$##es me off also, but the guy is old school and has a lotta years and experience. He is a homer for yanks and gints/parcell, but he also knows more about all sports history than most on this board will ever know.

Just sayin :p

The notion that Francesa is any more knowledgeable about sports than your average die hard fan is total nonsense!
When he's right he goes out of his way to point it out, and when he's wrong, he denies ever saying it, giving the illusion that he's on the ball all the time which is also nonsense!!

G-MENBK
12-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Not het he is the greatest sports guy but I havent heard him flip flop. he has accepted when he has said things that werent correct. i woudl have to hear this to believe it. The Giants D is not very good in many ways. Points allowed and take aways being their two strong suits. Letting up big yardage though is a bad thing. Mike is leaning towards that and saying this may eventually be a downfall for them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/mike-francesa-lies-past-super-bowl-predictions-173847436.html

GameTime
12-12-2012, 11:29 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/mike-francesa-lies-past-super-bowl-predictions-173847436.html
so you take the word of a writer who doesnt like him. Still not proof. Anyway....I dont care either way. I listen to him pretty often and I have found him most times to be accurate about what the Giants are or aren't doing. He likes Parcells, hates the Jets and their org, and hates Jerry Jones. Good enough for me....lol

G-MENBK
12-12-2012, 11:34 AM
so you take the word of a writer who doesnt like him.

If he has proof to back-up his claims (Which he does) how does him having a supposed vendetta, axe to grind downplay what Francesa said?

I listen to him pretty often and I have found him most times to be accurate about what the Giants are or aren't doing. He likes Parcells, hates the Jets and their org, and hates Jerry Jones. Good enough for me....lol

What?! When the Giants didn't make the playoffs those two years, he couldn't stop slobbering about the Jets. Add him needlessly talking about other NY athletes - in whatever sport - and saying they don't hold a candle to Mantle, and yeah, I have no problem listening to dead air than this guy.

GameTime
12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
If he has proof to back-up his claims (Which he does) how does him having a supposed vendetta, axe to grind downplay what Francesa said?

What?! When the Giants didn't make the playoffs those two years, he couldn't stop slobbering about the Jets. Add him needlessly talking about other NY athletes - in whatever sport - and saying they don't hold a candle to Mantle, and yeah, I have no problem listening to dead air than this guy.
to each his own. When he talks about stuff I like I listen when he doesnt I change the station. He is not paid to always be right or to be a NY homer. Also what sports fan doesnt idolize great players from their youth.

G-MENBK
12-12-2012, 11:40 AM
to each his own. When he talks about stuff I like I listen when he doesnt I change the station. He is not paid to always be right or to be a NY homer. Also what sports fan doesnt idolize great players from their youth.

Making asinine statements to give off the appearance that you're being objective or that you know what the hell you're talking about (NHL) doesn't make you better than the guy who is always high on his team.

And when you bring up a baseball player from back in the day to compare to a player in the NBA, NHL, NFL today, it goes back to my earlier statement of making ridiculous statements.

Morehead State
12-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Francessa has lost all or most of his credibility with sports fans in general. What he says is generally dismissed anymore.

I used to laugh at him when for the first 3 years of his career with the Giants, Francessa couldn't remember Brandon Jacobs name. He kept calling him..."ah..you know...the big back".

GameTime
12-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Making asinine statements to give off the appearance that you're being objective or that you know what the hell you're talking about (NHL) doesn't make you better than the guy who is always high on his team.

And when you bring up a baseball player from back in the day to compare to a player in the NBA, NHL, NFL today, it goes back to my earlier statement of making ridiculous statements.
ok ....I hear you. When he does things like that thats when I call him a dope and turn him off.

TroyArcher
12-12-2012, 12:05 PM
I am not sure about drugs, but food for sure.

Moke
12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
I am secretly hoping this turns into a " Is Eli elite?" thread.

Did this happen yet?

Kruunch
12-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Francessa has lost all or most of his credibility with sports fans in general. What he says is generally dismissed anymore.

I used to laugh at him when for the first 3 years of his career with the Giants, Francessa couldn't remember Brandon Jacobs name. He kept calling him..."ah..you know...the big back".

Srsly ... he speaks like he's 88, not 58.

arrjay
12-12-2012, 06:59 PM
The fat man just said that the giants have told Wilson.... "No more flips"..