PDA

View Full Version : Do not know about you guys with Bradshaw injuries/MRI so quiet what are options at RB

oldschoolGMEN
12-12-2012, 08:26 AM
I suspect we will know more today when Coughlin addresses media but I am expecting the worse that he is done for season and possibly playoffs.. Sorry to feel like doom and gloom but with Bradshaw it is just a matter of time before a major injury occurs and we lose him,. Allot of pressure on Wilson. Offensive line needs to step up and play like a superbowl offensive line so besides wilson other RB's who are filling in can hit huge holes. Unfortunate dilema is if Wilson gets more carries do you take him off of kickoff returns and move Hixon back there ?

If bradshaw can manage pain and be effective say with 8-10 carries a game we will be fine. But I do not know if he can do that as he was clearly very slow hitting holes after injury on Sunday..

Buddy333
12-12-2012, 08:33 AM
A lot of people have been complaining about Bradshaw but he is having a nice season. If he is out they will miss him and the same people will be wishing he never to hurt.

Flip Empty
12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
If Wilson has to start, he'll have to be removed from kickoffs. Jernigan would probably replace him.

Hard to see Bradshaw sitting out, though.

Toadofsteel
12-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Now, more than ever... #FreeJacobs.

Wilson would still start if Bradshaw is out, but Jacobs would do better than Pumpkin or Torain...

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 08:49 AM
If Wilson has to start, he'll have to be removed from kickoffs. Jernigan would probably replace him. Hard to see Bradshaw sitting out, though. Hixon will most likely handle returns if Wilson is going to be more involved in the offense, which he is.

That's what the ST Coordinator said last week.

Flip Empty
12-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Hixon will most likely handle returns if Wilson is going to be more involved in the offense, which he is.

It'll be a massive step down either way. Hopefully Bradshaw plays so Wilson can retain his dual role.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 08:59 AM
It'll be a massive step down either way. Hopefully Bradshaw plays so Wilson can retain his dual role. Not so massive. It was Hixon's record Wilson broke.

Flip Empty
12-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Not so massive. It was Hixon's record Wilson broke.

Hixon isn't what he was three years ago. Wilson leads the league in return yardage.

Shockeystays08
12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Hixon will most likely handle returns if Wilson is going to be more involved in the offense, which he is.

I think I disagree. Jernigan was trusted enough last season to handle kickoffs in the Super Bowl and did well. Coughlin said this week they had been working with JJ to insert him as the up man on kickoffs and JJ got his chance and ripped off a 60 yard return with great acceleration good moves and vision. If Wilson is removed from Kick return duties I see JJ going back there. Having your #3 returning kickoffs and punts who has had a bit of an injury history sounds like a gamble, especially when no other #3 has really established themselves at the wideout position.

GameTime
12-12-2012, 09:37 AM
whatever happnes players will have to step in and step up......

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 09:40 AM
I think I disagree. Jernigan was trusted enough last season to handle kickoffs in the Super Bowl and did well. Coughlin said this week they had been working with JJ to insert him as the up man on kickoffs and JJ got his chance and ripped off a 60 yard return with great acceleration good moves and vision. If Wilson is removed from Kick return duties I see JJ going back there. Having your #3 returning kickoffs and punts who has had a bit of an injury history sounds like a gamble, especially when no other #3 has really established themselves at the wideout position. Hixon returned punts against The Saints and was the # 3. He's done it before. The ST Coordinator is the one to disagree with.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Hixon isn't what he was three years ago. Wilson leads the league in return yardage. Hixon is able. He's not Wilson. This is about who to use when Wilson doesn't return. The ST Coordinator said they were working with Hixon if Wilson was going to get more offensive snaps. l think Wilson has arrived. We'll see on Sunday.

Flip Empty
12-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Hixon is able. He's not Wilson. This is about who to use when Wilson doesn't return.
No, it's about the return team sustaining a drop-off in production. That's all I said.

fizzlesticks
12-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Why would he need to stop doing returns? There's plenty of other RBs that do both.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 09:57 AM
No, it's about the return team sustaining a drop-off in production. That's all I said. And I don't think there will be a "massive " drop off.

timmytimm3
12-12-2012, 10:02 AM
I think I disagree. Jernigan was trusted enough last season to handle kickoffs in the Super Bowl and did well. Coughlin said this week they had been working with JJ to insert him as the up man on kickoffs and JJ got his chance and ripped off a 60 yard return with great acceleration good moves and vision. If Wilson is removed from Kick return duties I see JJ going back there. Having your #3 returning kickoffs and punts who has had a bit of an injury history sounds like a gamble, especially when no other #3 has really established themselves at the wideout position.

I agree with this. I think Jernigan has the speed and shiftiness to make big plays and Hixon is too important to the passing game right now. Especially with Nicks banged up.

44#1
12-12-2012, 10:05 AM
#3 wr might be the most important piece for making our offense go. Bradshaw will be ready playoff time, but we need him against good defenses now to even get in. He's proven.

joemorrisforprez
12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Now, more than ever... #FreeJacobs.

Wilson would still start if Bradshaw is out, but Jacobs would do better than Pumpkin or Torain...

LOL

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Why would he need to stop doing returns? There's plenty of other RBs that do both. With Bradshaw hurt, they won't risk it since no other RB has taken a handoff.

joemorrisforprez
12-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I didn't think it was that serious, but who knows.

oldschoolGMEN
12-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Agree. I think whether it is Jerrigan or Hixon we will be fine..

Lemay93
12-12-2012, 10:24 AM
If this is true.. torrain better be playing.. im sorry but wilson isn't ready to carry the load by himself.. torrain has proved he can carry most of the running game with his time on the skins..

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
If this is true.. torrain better be playing.. im sorry but wilson isn't ready to carry the load by himself.. torrain has proved he can carry most of the running game with his time on the skins.. Lumpkin is the only other RB to take a snap on offense.

44#1
12-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Ahmad didn't seem himself at all on Sunday. When did he hurt his knee?

radar-ray
12-12-2012, 11:23 AM
He has a sprained knee, as per NFL.com.

Buddy333
12-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Still not good.

yo-ho
12-12-2012, 11:37 AM
I am not a big Bradshaw fan. Back during our first superbowl he carried a big defensive end for five yards. Lately he has not moved the pile at all. We need someone who can move the pile. BTW, I never though Jacobs moved the pile very well for a guy who is as big as he is. Always thought his biggest asset was having a huge blocker for pass plays. If you can't move the pile, you are not going to make third and short. I just don't think Bradshaw with his feet and ankle situation is very effective any more. I respect his toughness, but I don't think he is very effective, too many plays where he gets stuffed on first down. I did however like the way Andre Brown moved the pile.

Some people are calling for Jacobs to come back, but personally, I'd like to see us with a back that is more versatile. Maybe Wilson can be more of a pass catcher and bring back that dimension of the game we lost when Tiki retired.

Astorian
12-12-2012, 01:05 PM
The solution is, we have to keep them from scoring. Then we'll only have one KO to return, and almost anybody should be able to handle that job. So Defense is the key to solving this problem!

Astorian
12-12-2012, 01:09 PM
I am not a big Bradshaw fan. Back during our first superbowl he carried a big defensive end for five yards. Lately he has not moved the pile at all. We need someone who can move the pile. BTW, I never though Jacobs moved the pile very well for a guy who is as big as he is. Always thought his biggest asset was having a huge blocker for pass plays. If you can't move the pile, you are not going to make third and short. I just don't think Bradshaw with his feet and ankle situation is very effective any more. I respect his toughness, but I don't think he is very effective, too many plays where he gets stuffed on first down. I did however like the way Andre Brown moved the pile.

Some people are calling for Jacobs to come back, but personally, I'd like to see us with a back that is more versatile. Maybe Wilson can be more of a pass catcher and bring back that dimension of the game we lost when Tiki retired.

You're right about Jacobs not moving the pile. After his first couple of years he was very overrated as a big back. He ran too upright and top-heavy.

oldschoolGMEN
12-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Lumpkin is the only other RB to take a snap on offense.

Not good but we will have to make adjustments with more 3 receiver sets and screens.

Cloud57
12-12-2012, 05:34 PM
RG3 will play Sunday, Dez bryant will play with a broken finger. These teams all want to make the playoffs. Giants need to win ALL of the next 3 games.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Not good but we will have to make adjustments with more 3 receiver sets and screens.

Don't be surprised if they don't get Hynoski more involved in carrying the ball.

Evo'Ed
12-12-2012, 05:41 PM
I say let lumpkin get some carries.

Why even have him on the team as RB depth if your not going to use him?

I don't feel comfortable having Wilson getting all the load and would rather have AB rest a bit for a playoff run.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 06:10 PM
I say let lumpkin get some carries.

Why even have him on the team as RB depth if your not going to use him?

I don't feel comfortable having Wilson getting all the load and would rather have AB rest a bit for a playoff run.

Lumpkin has played. He just wasn't asked to do anything with the ball

oldschoolGMEN
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
RG3 will play Sunday, Dez bryant will play with a broken finger. These teams all want to make the playoffs. Giants need to win ALL of the next 3 games.

Agreed. But if Bradshaw is not effective he is only hurting the team. Next man up !

DarkSaint
12-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Agreed. But if Bradshaw is not effective he is only hurting the team. Next man up !

I agree with this. Bradshaw is as tough as they come, but the dude had problems moving around back there and had trouble picking up his blitz assignments. I think he should rest up and get healthy for the playoffs.

giantsfan420
12-13-2012, 12:46 AM
was it just me or did bradshaw look notably different after he came back into the game? hes a soldier and full of heart and that was prob the most underrated selfless team thing a players done this year, but he didnt look near as effective. i think they ran him 1 or 2 afterwards, and he also missed a block assignment too...he wants to compete so badly he will play with a broken limb i truly believe it, technically he plays with 2 of em bc of his feet. but hes just too battered imho. gotta rest him for the playoffs. wilson looked more than capable and the mistakes he does and will make will be overshadowed by the positives he brings imho. TC cant go benching him if he fumbles it or something gotta stick with him here on out

Captain Chaos
12-13-2012, 06:12 AM
I suspect we will know more today when Coughlin addresses media but I am expecting the worse that he is done for season and possibly playoffs.. Sorry to feel like doom and gloom but with Bradshaw it is just a matter of time before a major injury occurs and we lose him,. Allot of pressure on Wilson. Offensive line needs to step up and play like a superbowl offensive line so besides wilson other RB's who are filling in can hit huge holes. Unfortunate dilema is if Wilson gets more carries do you take him off of kickoff returns and move Hixon back there ?

If bradshaw can manage pain and be effective say with 8-10 carries a game we will be fine. But I do not know if he can do that as he was clearly very slow hitting holes after injury on Sunday..

I think we will see Torrain in there this week, I just don't see Lummpy as a big time runner. Besides you know you'll get a big performance from Torrain as he tries to set himself up for the next year!