PDA

View Full Version : Rolle may play CB if Prince is Out

GiantFanatic55
12-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton
Emergence of Will Hill & presence of Jacquian Williams may allow #NYG to use Antrel Rolle strictly at CB some if Prince is out. TC: "Maybe"

Rolle covering Julio Jones is a scary thought....lets hope Prince can play this week

Kruunch
12-12-2012, 02:03 PM
The worst part of this is that they'll have Rolle playing zone coverage which he's horrible at.

I'd almost rather have Hosely in there as the starting CB opposite CWeb.

Actually, no "almost" about it.

Buddy333
12-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Or hope Hosely has a great week of practice.

FlyingTruck
12-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Oh boy this should be interesting. Might have to start Julio on my ff team if Rolle is covering him lol.

slickj966
12-12-2012, 02:21 PM
the key is to put points up and hit matt ryan

Moke
12-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Having Rolle as a CB is insane. And if anyone says "NEXT MAN UP" to that is a darn fool.

ryan12
12-12-2012, 02:44 PM
michael coe was just released by dolphins i bet we pick him up

B-Red22
12-12-2012, 02:44 PM
the key is to put points up and hit matt ryan

Isnt this the key every week?

dezzzR
12-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Rather Hosley or Hill...

GiantFanatic55
12-12-2012, 02:47 PM

He was claimed by Dallas

Redeyejedi
12-12-2012, 02:49 PM
We cant pick him up anyway we put him on IR

Jahh
12-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Take his response with a grain of salt. It was a leading question that coaches never answer definitively. We used different people in different spots against the Saints.

Kruunch
12-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Hosely finished out the Saints game ... I'd be surprised if he wasn't in on Sunday.

Toadofsteel
12-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Rolle was able to shut down Randall Cobb by himself essentially for most of the game...

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 03:01 PM

He was already snapped up by the Cowboys I think

nycisgreat
12-12-2012, 03:03 PM
This team will will big against Falcons and the Ravens. I think we are going to be fine the next two weeks. I am more concern about needing the game against the Eagles to make the playoffs. The Eagles are always motivated to play the Giants.

Kruunch
12-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Rolle was able to shut down Randall Cobb by himself essentially for most of the game...

Randall Cobb is not an outside threat though.

Toadofsteel
12-12-2012, 03:32 PM

It does free up Hosley to play outside though... yet for some reason coaches seem to only want to use him in the slot...

drewz
12-12-2012, 03:39 PM
It does free up Hosley to play outside though... yet for some reason coaches seem to only want to use him in the slot...

Coaches feel he's undersize.. especially against a big guy like Julio Jones 6'3 220 and blazing fast

Rusty192
12-12-2012, 03:42 PM
We'll just have to take our lumps I guess. Eli and Co. will have to air it out in the dome. And the new threat in Wilson should open that up.

Kruunch
Coaches feel he's undersize.. especially against a big guy like Julio Jones 6'3 220 and blazing fast

Possibly. I just don't think they have the confidence in him to be on his own island.

I have a feeling we'll run a two deep shell all game long and make the Falcons rely on their run game which has been sputtering of late.

Gonzalez and Rogers out of the backfield will be the mismatches. If they get Rogers going early, it will be a long day (I have faith we can keep Gonzalez from creaming us).

RoanokeFan

But he was touted to be THE THREAT for the Packers. Jacquian Williams may have also helped some with Cobb

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 03:43 PM
We'll just have to take our lumps I guess. Eli and Co. will have to air it out in the dome. And the new threat in Wilson should open that up.

I have a feeling WIlson is going to make a huge difference.

TheEnigma
12-12-2012, 03:45 PM
But he was toutted to be THE THREAT for the Saints. Jacquian Williams may have also helped some with Cobb

Randall Cobb is on the Packers. You're getting him mixed up with someone else.

I seriously hope that Prince can make it because this would be the WORST game to lose either him or Webster for. There's not a better duo in the NFL currently than Jones and White this season.

Kruunch
12-12-2012, 03:45 PM
But he was toutted to be THE THREAT for the Saints. Jacquian Williams may have also helped some with Cobb

The Packers you mean.

The point I was trying to make was that it's a lot easier for Rolle to cover Cobb as the joker, then it would be for him to cover Julio on the outside.

Toadofsteel
12-12-2012, 03:47 PM

I seriously hope that Prince can make it because this would be the WORST game to lose either him or Webster for. There's not a better duo in the NFL currently than Jones and White this season.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1202/nfl-new-york-giants-victory-parade/images/victor-cruz-hakeem-nicks.jpg

Kruunch
12-12-2012, 03:48 PM

The Panthers, who played them close twice (winning once) took away the outside routes. Apparently doing that takes away a lot of their offense (same for us for that matter).

Also the toughest D the Falcons have faced this year is the Bucs and Cowboys. Would be a great time for our dline to show up.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 03:48 PM

I was born confused lol

Dwinsballgames
12-12-2012, 03:49 PM

Justin Tuck, is that you?

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 03:50 PM
The Packers you mean.

The point I was trying to make was that it's a lot easier for Rolle to cover Cobb as the joker, then it would be for him to cover Julio on the outside.

I've already been in time out :rolleyes: I can't think back two weeks it seems lol

Kruunch
12-12-2012, 03:51 PM
I've already been in time out :rolleyes: I can't think back two weeks it seems lol

I'm not even sure what we were talking about. :cool:

TheEnigma
12-12-2012, 03:52 PM
The Panthers, who played them close twice (winning once) took away the outside routes. Apparently doing that takes away a lot of their offense (same for us for that matter).

Also the toughest D the Falcons have faced this year is the Bucs and Cowboys. Would be a great time for our dline to show up.

Gonzo worries me a little too. We've had issues with crafty, experienced TEs this season. Turner and Rogers (Rodgers?) aren't that big of a concern since the Falcons have failed to find much success in pounding the ball. I like our chances for the pass rush to get there and force Ryan into some early throws.

Justin Tuck, is that you?

Haha...this season guys. Key words there.

Kruunch
12-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Gonzo worries me a little too. We've had issues with crafty, experienced TEs this season. Turner and Rogers (Rodgers?) aren't that big of a concern since the Falcons have failed to find much success in pounding the ball. I like our chances for the pass rush to get there and force Ryan into some early throws.

We've done well in bottling up TEs this year but yeah, Gonzo is a top threat. Jacquizz Rodgers' while not tremendous at pounding the ball is a serious receiving threat out of the backfield and we've been burned by that kind of player in the past.

I'm not *too* worried about Turner however our run D is atrocious this year.

Rusty192
12-12-2012, 03:56 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1202/nfl-new-york-giants-victory-parade/images/victor-cruz-hakeem-nicks.jpgI want to be Hakeem Nicks when I grow up. That's one sleek dude.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm not even sure what we were talking about. :cool:

:confused:

ryan12
12-12-2012, 04:09 PM
He was claimed by Dallas

do you have a link i cant find it

Rudyy
12-12-2012, 04:21 PM
do you have a link i cant find ithttp://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/12/11/12/Cowboys-release-CB-Agnew-sign-Michael-Co/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=834159&feedID=3742