PDA

View Full Version : Torain/Lumpkin

giantcarll
12-12-2012, 08:35 PM
I remember seeing Torain run when with trhe Redskins and the guy can run.Never seen Lumpkin so why is he playing over Torain?Is it that Lumpkin is a better blocker needed for Eli?We havent seen Torain in this offense yet,do u think they want to surprise the Falcons with him?

Flip Empty
12-12-2012, 08:37 PM
If either of them were any good they'd have been signed months ago.

ozzie0075
12-12-2012, 08:39 PM
I remember seeing Torain run when with trhe Redskins and the guy can run.Never seen Lumpkin so why is he playing over Torain?Is it that Lumpkin is a better blocker needed for Eli?We havent seen Torain in this offense yet,do u think they want to surprise the Falcons with him?

I assume it has everything to do with Pass Protection as he has only been in on passing downs. Also probably the better special teams player of the 2 backs.

giantcarll
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
So if AB cant go who would be better with Wilsoon.

ozzie0075
12-12-2012, 08:48 PM

If AB can't go both Torain and Lumpkin would be active. Who would get carries after Wilson is anybody's guess.

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2012, 08:51 PM
If either of them gets significant snaps it will mean that both AB and Wilson were carted off the field.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 08:55 PM

Only Lumpkin has taken any offensive snaps and then only 8 over two games

nycisgreat
12-12-2012, 09:05 PM
If either of them were any good they'd have been signed months ago.

Lmao. That would been my first thought, but I learned my lesson. Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Victor Cruz, etc. You could also say the same thing about Stevie Brown. I think JR has really good ability to judge talent. I don't think they would be here if they couldn't play, but it remains to be seen.

What I remember about Torian is that he is punishing RB like BJ when he was healthy. This was a few years ago, so things could've changed since then.

nycisgreat
12-12-2012, 09:06 PM
If either of them gets significant snaps it will mean that both AB and Wilson were carted off the field.

Agreed!

DownWitJPP
12-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Agreed!

Bradshaw has a sprained knee and might not even play this week. That leaves Wilson, Lumpkin and Torrain as the only healthy RB's on the team

GameTime
12-12-2012, 09:09 PM
hey...you know what you never know. These two guys could have renewed fire. Playing for a SB team that can win the division.
I dont care what they have or havent done. Its new life for them. Maybe they contribute in a good way.....

RoanokeFan
12-12-2012, 09:25 PM
hey...you know what you never know. These two guys could have renewed fire. Playing for a SB team that can win the division.
I dont care what they have or havent done. Its new life for them. Maybe they contribute in a good way.....

Good point

BlueMetal 40
12-12-2012, 09:32 PM
I thought Torrain was released from Washington because he was hurt , then fell behind the guys that replaced him in the lineup? He just wasnt producing as well as the other guys...

par404
12-12-2012, 10:01 PM

Lumpkin is a better blocker and receiver out of the backfield. He was a blocker for Stafford at Georgia.

Flip Empty
12-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Lmao. That would been my first thought, but I learned my lesson. Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Victor Cruz, etc. You could also say the same thing about Stevie Brown. I think JR has really good ability to judge talent. I don't think they would be here if they couldn't play, but it remains to be seen.

What I remember about Torian is that he is punishing RB like BJ when he was healthy. This was a few years ago, so things could've changed since then.
Those were unproven guys; Lumpkin and Torain have shown what they have. Of late, it's been "not much".

I'm happy to be proven wrong, though.

BigBlue1971
12-12-2012, 10:48 PM

as recent as 2010 Torain was here in Washington and at times ran well! he appeared elusive and fast! his problem was staying healthy!

i would love to see him and/or Lumpkin get in a good groove with the G-Men going down the stretch!

slipknottin
12-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Lumpkin was the 3rd down back for Tampa last season, so it makes sense he was active, better pass blocker and better receiver.

If they needed a guy to run the ball, they have Wilson for that.

Captain Chaos
12-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Lumpkin was the 3rd down back for Tampa last season, so it makes sense he was active, better pass blocker and better receiver.

Wilson will need a break now and again, I think I would rather have Torrain running on those series, even if its only 6 to 10 snaps, than Lumpy...

slipknottin
12-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Wilson will need a break now and again, I think I would rather have Torrain running on those series, even if its only 6 to 10 snaps, than Lumpy...

Well they had bradshaw last week to get carries. If he can't go this week then both lumpkin and torrain will be active

RoanokeFan
12-13-2012, 09:16 AM

There's a reason they have suited him up over Torain and I think this is it plus I believe he's been a special teams contributor. He's taken 8 snaps over two games to get him acclimated to the offense.

RoanokeFan
12-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Well they had bradshaw last week to get carries. If he can't go this week then both lumpkin and torrain will be active

Coughlin has said it's a medical decision so we're going to have to wait for the docs to see where Ahmad is tomorrow. Are we better off with Bradshaw taking maybe 10 snaps and risking his condition worsening than having Lumpkin and/or Torain suited up?

Mercury
12-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I think we can get by without AB this week. Let him rest his knee and feet, so he can be available to help us in the post-season! You know we are going to win this game without him! Wilson will terrorize the dirty birds.

RoanokeFan
12-13-2012, 09:25 AM
I think we can get by without AB this week. Let him rest his knee and feet, so he can be available to help us in the post-season! You know we are going to win this game without him! Wilson will terrorize the dirty birds.

I do believe we are going to win and that Wilson will have a huge impact.

dguy901
12-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Wilson will play the bulk of the snaps and Lumpkin should do alright. I don't have a clue about Torain.