PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Falcons: Top Seeded NFC Team Called Super Bowl Fraud

RoanokeFan
12-13-2012, 09:29 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/12/11/atlanta-falcons-top-seeded-nfc-team-called-super-bowl-fraud/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_blog

Excerpt: "Minutes after the 30-20 loss to Carolina, tight end Tony Gonzalez admitted to hearing things.

What he heard was people jumping off the Falcons’ bandwagon.

But some folks have clearly never been sold on the team tied for the best record in the league and the only NFC team that has a playoff berth wrapped up.

NFL.com columnist Adam Schein wrote a column trying to separate the Super Bowl XLVII contenders from the pretenders.

The Falcons, Houston, Baltimore and Chicago fall into his pretenders group.

The Falcons and the Texans share the best record in the league at 11-2 and are trying to earn the No. 1 seed in the NFC and AFC respectively.

Baltimore just fired its offensive coordinator Cam Cameron after losing to Washington. Chicago got worked out by Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings.

He called the Falcons ‘Super Bowl Frauds, contended that Russell Wilson rookie was better than Matt Ryan, that Mike Smith can’t coach, the defense stinks and they don’t have any confidence." Read more...

GameTime
12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I said in the other thread about the trap game idea.
If the Giants play like crap then they are the frauds......

Cloud57
12-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Great, now they are more fired up to beat us.

RoanokeFan
12-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Great, now they are more fired up to beat us.

They need a news article to get fired up? They should be fired up to get the # 1 seed, no?

stormblue
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM
i thought we already knew that they are who we thought they were.

Kruunch
12-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Many up and coming teams deal with the play off monkey. Peyton had to deal with it. Eli had to deal with it. While Baltimore and San Diego had success in the playoffs they still couldn't reach the promised land with their current rosters.

The Falcons definitely have a play off monkey on their back. They know it. The NFL knows it. The fans know it. Come the post season is the time when we'll find out if Matt Ryan (et al) are the real deal. To whit, this game will not show anything to anyone other than the instant-gratification crowd and some pride.

stormblue
12-13-2012, 01:44 PM
it would be nice to show we can and have beaten all 3 of the other top seeded division winners.

Red Dog
12-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Giants need to demolish Falcons, no close win, the D has to contain their offense and this will finish the Falcons as a SB contender and put to rest the Giants detractors as not even a play-off team
The Falcons need to do the same to restore their SB supporters within the media who finally baailed on the Eagles, but still cling to the Cowboys

joemorrisforprez
12-13-2012, 02:20 PM
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/12/11/atlanta-falcons-top-seeded-nfc-team-called-super-bowl-fraud/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_blog

Excerpt: "Minutes after the 30-20 loss to Carolina, tight end Tony Gonzalez admitted to hearing things.

What he heard was people jumping off the Falcons’ bandwagon.

But some folks have clearly never been sold on the team tied for the best record in the league and the only NFC team that has a playoff berth wrapped up.

NFL.com columnist Adam Schein wrote a column trying to separate the Super Bowl XLVII contenders from the pretenders.

The Falcons, Houston, Baltimore and Chicago fall into his pretenders group.

The Falcons and the Texans share the best record in the league at 11-2 and are trying to earn the No. 1 seed in the NFC and AFC respectively.

Baltimore just fired its offensive coordinator Cam Cameron after losing to Washington. Chicago got worked out by Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings.

He called the Falcons ‘Super Bowl Frauds, contended that Russell Wilson rookie was better than Matt Ryan, that Mike Smith can’t coach, the defense stinks and they don’t have any confidence." Read more...

I'm not sure how the author can call the Houston Texans pretenders, and yet not the 49ers.

I can't think of anything that the 49ers have accomplished beyond what the Texans have.

giantsfan420
12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
They need a news article to get fired up? They should be fired up to get the # 1 seed, no?thats my thinking. if they need an nfl article written by some momo to get amped up, they got no chance

jomo
12-13-2012, 02:36 PM
In my mind, virtually everyone in the media is just "some guy." They have names like Adam Schein but in the end they are just "some guy". So why should anyone get worked up over something "some guy" says? In almost all cases, they aren't very smart, analytical or insightful. What they are is provocative with a good vocal quality.....nothing more than that. If they were really smart, they'd be a GM, so it's always best to ignore what some random guy says.

OrangeGiant
12-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Honestly, I haven't been a believer in either the Falcons or Texans and I don't think either team is even the 2nd best team in their conference. I still think it's the Giants and SF in the NFC and NE and Denver in the AFC. I am not a believer in Ryan or Shaub as being anything more than good QB's. How does a guy get the nickname Matty Ice when he hasn't even won a playoff game?

Dwinsballgames
12-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Honestly, I haven't been a believer in either the Falcons or Texans and I don't think either team is even the 2nd best team in their conference. I still think it's the Giants and SF in the NFC and NE and Denver in the AFC. I am not a believer in Ryan or Shaub as being anything more than good QB's. How does a guy get the nickname Matty Ice when he hasn't even won a playoff game?

he makes a helluva frozen margarita

joemorrisforprez
12-13-2012, 04:17 PM
How does a guy get the nickname Matty Ice when he hasn't even won a playoff game?

ESPN, most likely.

GameTime
12-13-2012, 04:19 PM

he makes a helluva frozen margarita
thought it came from college

Kruunch
12-13-2012, 04:22 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf4fwpjaQu1qgsz39o1_500.jpg