PDA

View Full Version : pass rush

ryan12
12-13-2012, 01:38 PM
if there were ever week for the giants pass line to be on point its this week. atlanta has a ton of weapons white,jones,gonzo rodgers ect and if we dont put a ton pressure on ryan he will pick us apart. webster is horrible and if prince doesnt play he will be using rolle and hosley at cb which worries me. time for the "best d-line in football" to play balls to the wall non stop motors and no stop pressure. before the packers game i started a thread on us having to put pressure on a rod as he was most sacked qb in nfl and we had to take advantage of that and because he is dangerous with his legs as well. and im sure all will agree this is the case this week as white jones and gonzo are dangerous. time to put up or shut up. time for fewell to get his head out of his *** and be creative with pressure and blitzes and dominate this game like we did in playoff's last year

slipknottin
12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Webster isn't horribly by a long shot. Inconsistent yes, but he has played very well for stretches this season

ryan12
12-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Webster isn't horribly by a long shot. Inconsistent yes, but he has played very well for stretches this season

we must be watching a diffrent game he is always getting burned gives up on plays and looks lost he is horrible

Red Dog
12-13-2012, 01:53 PM
pass rush? there's a defensive pass rush or an opposing teams rush to pass

GameTime
12-13-2012, 01:53 PM
we must be watching a diffrent game he is always getting burned gives up on plays and looks lost he is horrible
webster along with the rest of the secondary has blown assignments bigtime. I wouldn't call him horrible though. He has let up big plays but he has played well most times overall.

ryan12
12-13-2012, 01:57 PM
webster along with the rest of the secondary has blown assignments bigtime. I wouldn't call him horrible though. He has let up big plays but he has played well most times overall.

what drives me nuts about him is when he get burned he just gives up doesnt play the whole play. however his lack of speed and general skills have been a non issue in the past because or pass rush took alittle pressure off our db's now its just glaring that cweb's good days are behind him

joemorrisforprez
12-13-2012, 02:44 PM
I'd like to see them bring Hosley in on some blitz's.

In a perfect world, the Giants can get pressure with a 4 man rush....that allows the secondary to get as much help covering Jones and White.

However, if they bring five, the 5th guy needs to be quick, and preferably, coming from the edge, to block slant routes.

The Giants are going to need a monster game from JPP, and something tells me he's going to have one.

giantscolombia
12-13-2012, 03:18 PM
I'd like to see them bring Hosley in on some blitz's.

In a perfect world, the Giants can get pressure with a 4 man rush....that allows the secondary to get as much help covering Jones and White.

However, if they bring five, the 5th guy needs to be quick, and preferably, coming from the edge, to block slant routes.

The Giants are going to need a monster game from JPP, and something tells me he's going to have one.
It's been a long time coming...

SackingMyths
12-13-2012, 03:20 PM
I think we match up well with them, though, if Prince is out, that's lessened to some extent. We tend to struggle with teams who are balanced, and can keep the down and distance manageable. It neutralizes our pass rush and keeps our D-Line off balance the whole game.

Turner doesn't scare anybody these days. That should provide us with some 3rd-and-long opportunities and that plays to our biggest strength on "D."

joemorrisforprez
12-13-2012, 03:22 PM
I think we match up well with them, though, if Prince is out, that's lessened to some extent. We tend to struggle with teams who are balanced, and can keep the down and distance manageable. It neutralizes our pass rush and keeps our D-Line off balance the whole game.

Turner doesn't scare anybody these days. That should provide us with some 3rd-and-long opportunities and that plays to our biggest strength on "D."

Agreed....Canty and Joseph need to play big.

The entire Giants team really needs to put together another "Green Bay" type of game.

Kruunch
12-13-2012, 03:27 PM

You do know that he is covering on other plays than those remarked on by the commentators right?

Kruunch
12-13-2012, 03:27 PM
if there were ever week for the giants pass line to be on point its this week. atlanta has a ton of weapons white,jones,gonzo rodgers ect and if we dont put a ton pressure on ryan he will pick us apart. webster is horrible and if prince doesnt play he will be using rolle and hosley at cb which worries me. time for the "best d-line in football" to play balls to the wall non stop motors and no stop pressure. before the packers game i started a thread on us having to put pressure on a rod as he was most sacked qb in nfl and we had to take advantage of that and because he is dangerous with his legs as well. and im sure all will agree this is the case this week as white jones and gonzo are dangerous. time to put up or shut up. time for fewell to get his head out of his *** and be creative with pressure and blitzes and dominate this game like we did in playoff's last year

I'd expect a good defensive showing from the dline. The Falcons oline isn't good at all.

nycisgreat
12-13-2012, 03:48 PM

+5

dezzzR
12-13-2012, 03:49 PM
webster along with the rest of the secondary has blown assignments bigtime. I wouldn't call him horrible though. He has let up big plays but he has played well most times overall.Many arent even on him. Hes expecting safety help, which is why he slows down around 10-15 yards, and he is also responsible for anyone coming out of the flat on his side.

nycisgreat
12-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Our dline has been virtually non existent this season. I hope that changes this weekend.

BeatYale
12-13-2012, 05:31 PM
I think it's a bit of a reach for people to say the pass rush, even in the past, is what made the secondary good/decent. Both sides compliment each other. As high as we've ranked in sacks over the years, it hasn't been the same in regards to total amount of QB pressures/hurries.

Top 5 in sacks does not equal to top 5 in QB pressures. We actually ranked in the bottom 8 in QB pressures.

giantsfan420
12-13-2012, 06:15 PM
I'd expect a good defensive showing from the dline. The Falcons oline isn't good at all.plus matt ryan isnt mobile really

slipknottin
12-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Top 5 in sacks does not equal to top 5 in QB pressures. We actually ranked in the bottom 8 in QB pressures.

Yep, Giants, especially JPP, just turned their pressures into sacks at a higher rate. Their pass rush was not particularly good last season.

bearbryant
12-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Webby has turned into a question mark. For the most part he's put in a pretty poor showing this season. He's come out in maybe 3-4 games and played like a beast, but the rest of them were sad. He didn't even look involved in the game. Don't make sense. So, go figure whats up with him. I'd rather have consistent pressure than a bunch of sacks. No doubt. Can they keep the heat on tonight? If the DT's get push up field, we will, otherwise, long night. Unless fewell gets creative...Yeh, right! Go Giants!

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-13-2012, 08:19 PM
It's been a long time coming...The Octopus has been very quiet the last 5 games.

myles2424
12-13-2012, 09:07 PM

No webster isnt horrible, he just sucks ...if he was a rookie, he'd be on the bench & we'd be crying thats hes a bust .

slipknottin
12-13-2012, 09:52 PM
No webster isnt horrible, he just sucks ...if he was a rookie, he'd be on the bench & we'd be crying thats hes a bust .

Apart from the occasional blown coverage, he doesnt often get beat, usually has good position and mirrors very well.

Buddy333
12-13-2012, 10:56 PM
The last time Webster looked really bad was that first drive by Green Bay where they torched him for a TD. After that he came up with and interception and has been good since then. Back to the pass rush, with the possibility of them not having KP and Prince it would be really nice if the pash rush could have a huge coming out party. This is the playoffs for the Giants. They can not afford to lose another game because they can not count on what others teams do.

myles2424
12-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Apart from the occasional blown coverage, he doesnt often get beat, usually has good position and mirrors very well.
Well then every blown coverage must result in a TD, bcuz ive heard "webster" & "Touchdown" together quite a few times

DaKraken
12-14-2012, 07:43 AM
DLine showed up last week vs Saints as JPP was a terror and Tuck as well as Osi got a lot of pressure. Certainly had a lot to do with a bad saints line but hopefully sparks a resurgence that continues into the Atlanta game.

ryan12
12-14-2012, 10:06 AM
with prince out we will see alot of 3 saftey sets which will move kiwi to the line alot of plays which is good