PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, odd note about the Washington loss

giantsfan420
12-13-2012, 01:45 PM
I know its old news, but something about the way every return was called back, or everytime we reached their 35 yd line we'd get a holding or some penalty, stuck me as suspicious. I didn't think anything more really until I found out that Washington is the most penalized team in the NFL. In every game, EXCEPT the one we lost to them in (which would have eliminated both the redskins and cowboys in all likelihood), Washington has been more penalized then the other team.
I know I am probably making something out of nothing. I just didnt like how they wouldnt show a replay of the ST penalty ONCE, and when u get a guy returning it past the 50, telecasts almost always show the replay that brought back the run bc its a serious momentum changer. Cordle kept on shaking his head and looking angry at the calls. Its also strange because the following week, our ST goes off...

People were wondering if the fix was in to keep interest in the hype machine, RG3, alive...Just saying, weird how in the 1 game that for all intents and purposes eliminates the redskins, they get called for what was it, 3 penalties all game? and we got called for what, 11? in the same situation (ST returns/their 35 yd line or around there)...just weird is all.

elitocruz
12-13-2012, 01:52 PM
i wrote on here during the game that the league needed, not only RGIII to remain alive but they coulnd't have yet another divisional race over this early. Some of the penalties and the Redskins non-calls were suspicious. On their bogus 1st td, that receiver is not allowed to advance the football.

TheAnalyst
12-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Those penalties, even on offense, were killers. Like evryone always says, there is holding on every play, it is up to the refs to call it. When it was that lopsided, it is suspicious. Kinda had the same feeling when we played the Pack 2x last year. EVERY CALL WAS THEIR WAY. Even obvious challenged plays.

giantscolombia
12-13-2012, 02:13 PM
conspiracy theory?

DVision
12-13-2012, 02:20 PM
I wondered about not seeing the replays of the penalties, but after taking a look at that return Cordle tackled his man who was the first guy down on coverage and may have made the play on Wilson. It was pretty blatant hence the reason there were like 3 separate flags thrown. I can't speak on the other penalties though.

Kruunch
12-13-2012, 02:24 PM
I know its old news, but something about the way every return was called back, or everytime we reached their 35 yd line we'd get a holding or some penalty, stuck me as suspicious. I didn't think anything more really until I found out that Washington is the most penalized team in the NFL. In every game, EXCEPT the one we lost to them in (which would have eliminated both the redskins and cowboys in all likelihood), Washington has been more penalized then the other team.
I know I am probably making something out of nothing. I just didnt like how they wouldnt show a replay of the ST penalty ONCE, and when u get a guy returning it past the 50, telecasts almost always show the replay that brought back the run bc its a serious momentum changer. Cordle kept on shaking his head and looking angry at the calls. Its also strange because the following week, our ST goes off...

People were wondering if the fix was in to keep interest in the hype machine, RG3, alive...Just saying, weird how in the 1 game that for all intents and purposes eliminates the redskins, they get called for what was it, 3 penalties all game? and we got called for what, 11? in the same situation (ST returns/their 35 yd line or around there)...just weird is all.

No.

And Elvis is dead.

There was no man on the grassy knoll.

The only aliens in New Mexico come from across the border, not outer space.

Hope that puts your mind to rest.

Toadofsteel
12-13-2012, 02:36 PM
No.

And Elvis is dead.

There was no man on the grassy knoll.

The only aliens in New Mexico come from across the border, not outer space.

Hope that puts your mind to rest.

And from what I remember, no remains of Jimmy Hoffa were found in 2010.

Cloud57
12-13-2012, 02:36 PM
i wrote on here during the game that the league needed, not only RGIII to remain alive but they coulnd't have yet another divisional race over this early. Some of the penalties and the Redskins non-calls were suspicious. On their bogus 1st td, that receiver is not allowed to advance the football.RG3 is the new celebrity they want him to have success thus they don't call penalities on the Skins

Jahh
12-13-2012, 02:39 PM
I thinks its naive to think the league doesn't have an agenda.

Dwinsballgames
12-13-2012, 02:48 PM
I thinks its naive to think the league doesn't have an agenda.

Of course they have an agenda, but it's a pretty big stretch to believe that they have the refs fix games. That's just silly

Jahh
12-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Of course they have an agenda, but it's a pretty big stretch to believe that they have the refs fix games. That's just silly

I don't call it a fix but I'm saying that refs do tend to focus one way or the other. No doubt these refs have gag agreements in their contracts.

Dwinsballgames
12-13-2012, 02:58 PM
I don't call it a fix but I'm saying that refs do tend to focus one way or the other. No doubt these refs have gag agreements in their contracts.

If they're calling one way or the other then they are influencing the game with bias towards one of the teams. So you are basically saying they are fixing the game.

jakegibbs
12-13-2012, 03:01 PM

Heard that same quote when Spy Gate & Bounty Gate started to surface. But nothing will come out of this one because the fox never rats himself out to the hen house. Book it "the FIX was IN during the Redskin game. It was too obvious to the average sports fan.

TheEnigma
12-13-2012, 03:02 PM
The NFL would love to see as many Week 17 games important for playoff purposes as possible. If the refs are in fact responsible for pushing things in a more "competitive" direction and this theory is true, the Giants should see ref help against Atlanta on Sunday. They already have the division while we are potentially one loss away from being knocked out.

Dwinsballgames
12-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Heard that same quote when Spy Gate & Bounty Gate started to surface. But nothing will come out of this one because the fox never rats himself out to the hen house. Book it "the FIX was IN during the Redskin game. It was too obvious to the average sports fan.

Spy gate and Bounty gate were things individual teams/coaches did. This conspiracy theory about the league fixing games is a whole different enchalada.

jakegibbs
12-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Spy gate and Bounty gate were things individual teams/coaches did. This conspiracy theory about the league fixing games is a whole different enchalada.

Please read the entire quote I made. "But nothing will come out of this one because the fox never rats himself out to the hen house" now your quote "Bounty gate were things individual teams/coaches did. This conspiracy theory about the league fixing games is a whole different enchalada ", I disagree about a whole different enchalada because cheating is cheating however you pull it off. Book it. " Bu Bbb " " n

ShakeandBake
12-13-2012, 03:17 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ot5ikVXn1r8a63to1_500.jpg

Jahh
12-13-2012, 03:18 PM
If they're calling one way or the other then they are influencing the game with bias towards one of the teams. So you are basically saying they are fixing the game.

I don't call it a fix because they still can't ensure the outcome.

Kruunch
12-13-2012, 03:19 PM
http://www.richardprins.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/conspiracy.gif

Jahh
12-13-2012, 03:30 PM
http://www.richardprins.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/conspiracy.gif

I should disclaim my thoughts because I believe all conspiracy theories. My thoughts are that tv ratings are too important to leave the end of the season up to chance.

OX1
12-13-2012, 06:02 PM
The NFL would love to see as many Week 17 games important for playoff purposes as possible. If the refs are in fact responsible for pushing things in a more "competitive" direction and this theory is true, the Giants should see ref help against Atlanta on Sunday. They already have the division while we are potentially one loss away from being knocked out.

Yeah, but the giants are boring to watch and talk about, so it may not apply to us, LOL!!

TextureDj
12-13-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't call it a fix but I'm saying that refs do tend to focus one way or the other. No doubt these refs have gag agreements in their contracts. Such an agreement would be tantamount to collusion, and since the NFL is the employer in this situation a "gag order" as you put it would be useless to keep striking refs quiet since it is in itself evidence of the NFL's illegal activities, not the refs.

The only was the Refs could really be found as complicit would be a payment outside of their contracts and outside of the structure of the NFL.

Captain Chaos
12-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Amazing!

Flip Empty
12-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Cry more.

giantsfan420
12-13-2012, 07:05 PM
The NFL would love to see as many Week 17 games important for playoff purposes as possible. If the refs are in fact responsible for pushing things in a more "competitive" direction and this theory is true, the Giants should see ref help against Atlanta on Sunday. They already have the division while we are potentially one loss away from being knocked out.well theres nothing wrong with it when its in our favor :)

DLT
12-13-2012, 07:50 PM
I would find it very very very had to believe that if the league were to fix a game, it would be at the loss of a NY team. Its the biggest market and brings in the TV viewers. The league doesnt want anything bad to happen to NY teams. If it was there choice it would probably be Jets vs Giants in the SB every year

joemorrisforprez
12-13-2012, 10:16 PM

I thought the Redskins got a couple hometown calls.....seemed like the refs were very ticky tack with the Giants offensive line, and yet hand a blindfold on whenever the Redskins ran the ball.

Still, the Giants didn't play well enough to win.

miked1958
12-13-2012, 10:53 PM
i wrote on here during the game that the league needed, not only RGIII to remain alive but they coulnd't have yet another divisional race over this early. Some of the penalties and the Redskins non-calls were suspicious. On their bogus 1st td, that receiver is not allowed to advance the football.i thought that was just on a muff you can't advance it. That was a live play ruled a fumble and to my knowledge whoever recovers it (Offense or Defense) can advance the ball. Skins WR was just in right place at the right time

dave56dj
12-14-2012, 06:42 AM
So all year long the refs have been penalizing the redskins more then most teams thus putting them
In harms way but in this one game- which happens to be against our beloved giants you have determined that the league decide to help em out?

I have nfl rewind / those penalties you are talking about being questionable- on Beatty and cordle - those were penalties - we went to the moon - rg3 would be a phenomenon without the playoffs - I mean where were these refs last year I'm Carolina with Cam- c'mon man

Morehead State
12-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Maybe the dumbest thread in the history of the Giants MB.

NFL games are not fixed. The refs are not trying to prop up certain players. The risk to the league would be huge.

420........You're better than this. (well I guess not)

WEG313
12-14-2012, 08:46 AM
i wrote on here during the game that the league needed, not only RGIII to remain alive but they coulnd't have yet another divisional race over this early. Some of the penalties and the Redskins non-calls were suspicious. On their bogus 1st td, that receiver is not allowed to advance the football.

The ball spotting was even worse than the penalties. They gave Washington a couple first downs on placements that appeared-- even on replay-- to be 1+ yards more favorable to the Redskins...and took a couple sure first downs away from the Giants on gawd awful ball placements.

PBTimmons
12-14-2012, 08:54 AM
This game was nearly as bad as the game against Pittsburgh...except it seems like the refs were out to get the Steelers and favored us. Ultimately, the refs have bias, and everyone has an agenda. BUT I have a hard time believing that the league notifies the refs to lean a certain way.

With that said this game was not fairly officiated, and it cost us. Period.

Morehead State
12-14-2012, 09:00 AM
The ball spotting was even worse than the penalties. They gave Washington a couple first downs on placements that appeared-- even on replay-- to be 1+ yards more favorable to the Redskins...and took a couple sure first downs away from the Giants on gawd awful ball placements.
How about the BS PI call against the Washington TE. Did they make that call to just "make it seem" like they were playing it straight.

You guys and your conspiracies. And it all seems to be anti Giants.
Guess what ....every team MB has a few wack jobs who think the refs conspire against their beloved team.

sheli no more
12-14-2012, 09:33 AM
That was a pay back call on the TE and not a good one.

However, whenever Big Money is involved there is corruption.

Jahh
12-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Conspiracy!!

TroyArcher
12-14-2012, 10:06 AM

I believe its naive to believe that refs have never played favorites to the home team or a star player. Jumping to the NBA - did you ever watch Michael Jordan play? If you got within 3 feet of Jordan when he was going to the hoop you were getting a foul called. The NFL is trying to turn RGIII into the MJ of the NFL.

GameTime
12-14-2012, 10:09 AM
I believe its naive to believe that refs have never played favorites to the home team or a star player. Jumping to the NBA - did you ever watch Michael Jordan play? If you got within 3 feet of Jordan when he was going to the hoop you were getting a foul called. The NFL is trying to turn RGIII into the MJ of the NFL.

and all this apparent after just 13 games I guess...
hmm.....I dont think so....
What about Luck and Wilson from Seattle. Having just as good of rookie seasons. Are they the new MJs too....???

Morehead State
12-14-2012, 10:15 AM
and all this apparent after just 13 games I guess...
hmm.....I dont think so....
What about Luck and Wilson from Seattle. Having just as good of rookie seasons. Are they the new MJs too....???
Refs are human beings. They can get intimidated by home crowds, head coaches or whining players. Although I'm sure they generally resist that. But that's a far cry from being out to prop up a player because the league has an interest.

Because ultimately...the greatest interest for the league is the notion that they play it straight. Without that, no player, regardless of how exciting or compelling, means a damned thing if the league isn't on the level. Fans would leave in mass.
And the league would NEVER do anything to risk that.

GameTime
12-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Refs are human beings. They can get intimidated by home crowds, head coaches or whining players. Although I'm sure they generally resist that. But that's a far cry from being out to prop up a player because the league has an interest.

Because ultimately...the greatest interest for the league is the notion that they play it straight. Without that, no player, regardless of how exciting or compelling, means a damned thing if the league isn't on the level. Fans would leave in mass.
And the league would NEVER do anything to risk that.
I agree....I dont go for all this conspiracy crap.......
Especially when I see poor officialed games for the hime teams often. The league has stars they dont need to create them....

Jahh
12-14-2012, 10:21 AM
The league wants playoff races and for every game to matter. If they can do something to ensure that, they will do it. How far that can go? I have no idea.

Morehead State
12-14-2012, 10:25 AM
The league wants playoff races and for every game to matter. If they can do something to ensure that, they will do it. How far that can go? I have no idea.
You have no idea how huge a risk that would be to the league. If they EVER did anything to illigitimize the league, they would destroy the NFL. It will NEVER happen.
The way they ensure playoff races is to have 6 teams make the playoffs in each conference. Not to fix games.
You guys don't understand how absurd these claims are.

Jahh
12-14-2012, 10:28 AM
You have no idea how huge a risk that would be to the league. If they EVER did anything to illigitimize the league, they would destroy the NFL. It will NEVER happen.
The way they ensure playoff races is to have 6 teams make the playoffs in each conference. Not to fix games.
You guys don't understand how absurd these claims are.

I understand how absurd it sounds and like I said it may be subtle but I think its plausible and we will have to agree to disagree. I'm not even talking about officiating in the Skins/Giants game. I'm talking in general they want parity. If they can get away with it, they will do it and I think they push the envelope.

Diamondring
12-14-2012, 10:28 AM
You guys don't understand how absurd these claims are.Hostess went out of business so anything could happen.

Jahh
12-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Hostess went out of business so anything could happen.

Hostess is back. Walmart might buy them suckas.

Jahh
12-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Also, its not even parity. Its the illusion of parity. Schedule plays such a large part in it. The end records make it look like teams are closely matched but in reality some of these teams are still much better than other teams with similar records.

Morehead State
12-14-2012, 10:33 AM
I understand how absurd it sounds and like I said it may be subtle but I think its plausible and we will have to agree to disagree. I'm not even talking about officiating in the Skins/Giants game. I'm talking in general they want parity. If they can get away with it, they will do it and I think they push the envelope.
It doesn't "sound" absurd. It IS absurd.
These are smart owners. The league is kicking *** and it doesn't matter who is in the playoffs. They get ratings no matter what the teams are in the tournament. They've made great brands of teams from places like Green Bay. Have you ever been to Green Bay? Its not even really a city for God's sake.
But they would lose everything if there was even a hint of evidence that they were doing what some in this thread are suggesting.
How dumb do you think these guys are?

Jahh
12-14-2012, 10:34 AM
These are smart owners. The league is kicking *** and it doesn't matter who is in the playoffs. They get ratings no matter what the teams are in the tournament. They've made great brands of teams from places like Green Bay. Have you ever been to Green Bay? Its not even really a city for God's sake.
But they would lose everything if there was even a hint of evidence that they were doing what some in this thread are suggesting.

I don't think they are dumb. I think they are arrogant.

Jahh
12-14-2012, 10:36 AM

I still think I'm misleading you and haven't made myself entirely clear. I'm not saying games are directly fixed.

Morehead State
12-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Hostess is back. Walmart might buy them suckas.
From your lips to God's ears.
I miss my morning cupcakes.

Drez
12-14-2012, 11:44 AM
From your lips to God's ears.
I miss my morning cupcakes.The Little Debbie ones aren't too bad. Not as good as Hostess, but a suitable substitution.

Diamondring
12-14-2012, 12:20 PM
The Little Debbie ones aren't too bad. Not as good as Hostess, but a suitable substitution.They use to be my number one food source when they cost a quarter.

Morehead State
12-14-2012, 12:29 PM
The Little Debbie ones aren't too bad. Not as good as Hostess, but a suitable substitution.
I need the original thing or nothing. If someone buys the brand and uses the exact same recipe, I'm on board. Other than that...forget it.

giantsfan420
12-14-2012, 12:34 PM
i know it seems unrealistic. but i never thought the nba could be fixed until that ref got caught. ive found that whenever theres big money involved, u get a small group of people to ensure that money aint going no where. i do think that the NFCE race being competitive til the end of the season is good business for the NFL. I do think that the league could lose viewers and interest in each of the NFCE teams by week whatever it was.
I thought I made it clear in my OP that I knew it was a conspiracy theory and prob not true, it was just fishy how they didnt show replays of many of the fouls. it was fishy how EVERY return that gave us good position was called back. EVERY time we hit their 35 yard line or around there, a penalty. And when u have penalties that can be called on every play on several players, to have 11 or whatever amount of penalties to their 3??? When theyre the worst penalized team, BY FAR...i dunno, to me that seems fishy. Now I know MS knows all, so hes in the position of lambasting any thinking that doesnt match his, but just bc its unlikely this topic is legit, it doesnt mean its impossible. really, u dont know one way or the other. ur acting as if ur opinions are fact, like saying "the owners would want the games to be fairly reffed or else they'd have no business", well thats ur opinion not fact

giantsfan420
12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
just approach it from an indifferent pespective and list the pros and cons to the possibility of some games outcome being determined;

pros: they could control the markets that succeed and make it to the playoffs
they could ensure theres competition up til the end ensuring an interest
they could be working with the betting industry and making millions secretly that way
they could ensure the players that become the most popular
they could determine outcomes based on the economics of a franchise (franchises that struggle in big markets do a 180 and become relevant)
You can generate story lines (Tebow) that create new interest in the product
They can figure ways to generate more profits by controlling outcomes of games

Cons:
if they were to be caught, hell would break loose
cant think of any more....

Now I acknowledge its highly unlikely the games outcomes are being affected by controlled refs. That doesnt mean its impossible and not the reality tho.

Morehead State
12-14-2012, 12:42 PM
i know it seems unrealistic. but i never thought the nba could be fixed until that ref got caught. ive found that whenever theres big money involved, u get a small group of people to ensure that money aint going no where. i do think that the NFCE race being competitive til the end of the season is good business for the NFL. I do think that the league could lose viewers and interest in each of the NFCE teams by week whatever it was.
I thought I made it clear in my OP that I knew it was a conspiracy theory and prob not true, it was just fishy how they didnt show replays of many of the fouls. it was fishy how EVERY return that gave us good position was called back. EVERY time we hit their 35 yard line or around there, a penalty. And when u have penalties that can be called on every play on several players, to have 11 or whatever amount of penalties to their 3??? When theyre the worst penalized team, BY FAR...i dunno, to me that seems fishy. Now I know MS knows all, so hes in the position of lambasting any thinking that doesnt match his, but just bc its unlikely this topic is legit, it doesnt mean its impossible. really, u dont know one way or the other. ur acting as if ur opinions are fact, like saying "the owners would want the games to be fairly reffed or else they'd have no business", well thats ur opinion not fact
So you say its "fishy".
What is your conclusion from all this fishyness. Is the league fixing games or not?
And why is it that the "fix" is always against the Giants. Why wouldn't they fix the games so there is a Manning vs. Manning SB?
That would get ratings never seen before.