PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Cornerback Jayron Hosley Quickly Seeing Role, Confidence Increase

RoanokeFan
12-14-2012, 06:43 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ron_hosle.html (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/12/giants_cornerback_jayron_hosle.html)

Exceprt: "The play, during Thursday’s practice, exemplified Jayron Hosley’s aggressive instincts. A wide receiver ran a simple in-route, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell recalled with a smile, when suddenly the rookie cornerback Hosley was sprinting the other way with the ball in his possession.

“I kind of joked with him, I said, ‘I didn’t know you were that fast,’ ” Fewell said. “Because he broke on the ball and intercepted it and he was in the end zone before I could turn my head. He had a really good day today.”

That is certainly good news for a defense that will likely rely on Hosley to make plays Sunday against a potent Falcons offense. Starting cornerback Prince Amukamara hasn’t practiced all week after suffering a hamstring injury against the Saints and is unlikely to play.

Hosley, who has mostly played nickel cornerback this season, is the next man up. And despite starting just four games this season — two at corner and two at nickel corner — and seeing his playing time diminish in recent weeks, he isn’t short in confidence." Read more...

giantsfan420
12-14-2012, 07:25 AM
im a bigtime believer that this kid is gonna be solid, maybe even special. the way he mirrors the wr is really impressive especially as a rookie. that one ability is gonna keep hosely in the league for a while imo

GameTime
12-14-2012, 08:18 AM
wonder if it was Eli he picked off........

Buddy333
12-14-2012, 08:29 AM
wonder if it was Eli he picked off........Ugh! That just reminded me that Samuels plays for the Falcons.

Toadofsteel
12-14-2012, 08:31 AM
wonder if it was Eli he picked off........

wouldn't be all that suspicious to be completely honest...

giantsforce
12-14-2012, 10:41 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ron_hosle.html (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/12/giants_cornerback_jayron_hosle.html)

Exceprt: "The play, during Thursday’s practice, exemplified Jayron Hosley’s aggressive instincts. A wide receiver ran a simple in-route, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell recalled with a smile, when suddenly the rookie cornerback Hosley was sprinting the other way with the ball in his possession.

“I kind of joked with him, I said, ‘I didn’t know you were that fast,’ ” Fewell said. “Because he broke on the ball and intercepted it and he was in the end zone before I could turn my head. He had a really good day today.”

That is certainly good news for a defense that will likely rely on Hosley to make plays Sunday against a potent Falcons offense. Starting cornerback Prince Amukamara hasn’t practiced all week after suffering a hamstring injury against the Saints and is unlikely to play.

Hosley, who has mostly played nickel cornerback this season, is the next man up. And despite starting just four games this season — two at corner and two at nickel corner — and seeing his playing time diminish in recent weeks, he isn’t short in confidence." Read more...Just to clarify one thing: We are talking about Practice, right? Not the real game, but practice. Because those are entirely 2 different things.

Rusty192
12-14-2012, 10:49 AM
wouldn't be all that suspicious to be completely honest...who cares honestly. It's practice, picks happen all the time.

GameTime
12-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Just to clarify one thing: We are talking about Practice, right? Not the real game, but practice. Because those are entirely 2 different things.
what if it said Hosley was repeatadly getting burnt during practice....
wuold that matter to you then???

GameTime
12-14-2012, 10:51 AM
who cares honestly. It's practice, picks happen all the time.

I orginally posted "was it a pick on Eli"......just as goof. Was getting on Eli actually.....

giantsforce
12-14-2012, 10:58 AM
what if it said Hosley was repeatadly getting burnt during practice....
wuold that matter to you then???Not really. AB does not even practice but during the actual game is a different story. Or Tyree who was dropping every pass thrown to him at practice but came big in the actual game.

GameTime
12-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Not really. AB does not even practice but during the actual game is a different story. Or Tyree who was dropping every pass thrown to him at practice but came big in the actual game.
postive comments from the DC are good by me. Of course he has to prove himself on the field on game day.
AB....is a bad comparrison. he is a vet an we know what he offers. Hosley is a rookie....

giantsforce
12-14-2012, 11:12 AM
postive comments from the DC are good by me. Of course he has to prove himself on the field on game day.
AB....is a bad comparrison. he is a vet an we know what he offers. Hosley is a rookie....I am not saying that Hosley is not good. What I am saying is that praise after the game matters more than praise coming after practice. How many times have we seen Coughlin this year tell us after every game we lost that he does not "understand what happened because we had a very good practice?"

Cloud57
12-14-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't know if it's just me but he seems to have add weight or muscle mass, he looked like a skinny kid when he first came haha

TextureDj
12-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Not really. AB does not even practice but during the actual game is a different story. Or Tyree who was dropping every pass thrown to him at practice but came big in the actual game.to be fair, he dropped that one too, it just had so much velocity that it wedged between his facemask and helmet long enogh for his hands to catch up. It wasnt a far cry from the one from the little giants really.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2012, 12:35 PM
I don't know if it's just me but he seems to have add weight or muscle mass, he looked like a skinny kid when he first came haha

Hosley was known as a ball hawk at VT