PDA

View Full Version : 2012 ESPN NFL Playoff Machine

Moke
12-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Here we go:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

This is actually really good, and you can input scenarios to see what happens.

The NFC East is so tight and the Redskins have a pretty favorable schedule with Cleveland Browns, Eagles and Cowboys to play. The NFC East games are always tough to play, but you would think that the Redskins could beat the Browns most likely even though the Browns have been playing tough. You know the Eagles will and might find a way to screw us and then the Skins-Cowboys game will obviously be a huge deciding factor for the NFC East.

The Cowboys have the Steelers (which IMO is a loss, especially since the Bengals are in full-force behind them. Then they play the Saints as well, which isn't necessarily an easy game, despite the ****ty performance. Also, the Saints are away that game, so we will have to see...

All in all, the Giants really need to win out or try and get 2 wins in the last 3 games... Very vital.

It's going to be a tough ride. Who's with it?

Jahh
12-14-2012, 10:31 AM
I tell you what we could really use Buffalo over Seattle, Packers over Bears, Browns over Redskins, and Steelers over Cowboys. Honestly, I'd settle for the two current wildcards losing. We need a little breathing room.

Moke
12-14-2012, 10:35 AM
I tell you what we could really use Buffalo over Seattle, Packers over Bears, Browns over Redskins, and Steelers over Cowboys. Honestly, I'd settle for the two current wildcards losing. We need a little breathing room.

It's really possible that 3 games you listed there goes how you play.

Buffalo over seattle: Seattle is 2-5 when playing away and they have to go all the way to the east coast against Buffalo. Tough game for Seattle. Wouldn't place any bets on that game.

Steelers over cowboys: Sure, cowboys can beat them and we know how shaky the Steelers are this year. But the Bengals won last night putting them in a good spot for playoff picture. Steelers REALLY need this game. I expect Big Ben to blow up on the Cowboys secondary.

Packers over Bears: Let's say what we want, but the Packers are hungry. I expect this to be a huge turn around for them. They will beat their division rival and prove to everyone they got what it takes to get in the playoffs.

Only game I'm shaky about his Cleveland vs. Redskins. This is a game that can go either way, depends on how the Browns want to play it.

EnragedYouth85
12-14-2012, 10:49 AM
I'd really like the Browns and Steelers to win sunday, with the Giant's winning of course. That would almost gaurentee us a spot in the playoffs..

repeatchamps
12-14-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd really like the Browns and Steelers to win sunday, with the Giant's winning of course. That would almost gaurentee us a spot in the playoffs..

I wish that was true but sadly it is not the case. If the Giants win this week and Dallas and the Skins lose the Giants clinch absolutely nothing and can ill afford to lose a remaining game without Dallas and Washington losing their games too. The loss to the Skins and the Dallas and Skins' wins last week made it impossible to clinch anything this week. There's no guarantee of anything at all.

Jahh
12-14-2012, 11:40 AM
I wish that was true but sadly it is not the case. If the Giants win this week and Dallas and the Skins lose the Giants clinch absolutely nothing and can ill afford to lose a remaining game without Dallas and Washington losing their games too. The loss to the Skins and the Dallas and Skins' wins last week made it impossible to clinch anything this week. There's no guarantee of anything at all.

Well, a two game lead with two games to go. Giants would have to lose to both the Ravens and Eagles.

Morehead State
12-14-2012, 11:42 AM
If we go 10-6 (win 2 out of the next 3) we will be NFC East Champs.

ryan12
12-14-2012, 11:42 AM
never though i would be rooting so hard for 2 nfc north games as much as i will be rooting for the giants

Morehead State
12-14-2012, 11:47 AM
never though i would be rooting so hard for 2 nfc north games as much as i will be rooting for the giants
Both Dallas and Washington are losing this week.

Morehead has spoken.

Ntegrase96
12-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Something to consider for the Cowboys chances this weekend... These starters on defense will be out:

1. Jay Ratliff
2. Sean Lee
3. Bruce Carter
4. Kenyon Coleman
5. Barry Church
6. Orlando Scandrick (if you consider him a starter, which I sort of do since he's our slot corner)
7. Claiborne (Concussed but not confirmed out just yet)

And then of course Jay Ratliff's back up, Josh Brent will obviously not be playing either.

I don't like our chances at all, so I think you guys probably have nothing to fear.

ryan12
12-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Both Dallas and Washington are losing this week.

Morehead has spoken.

that would be awesome and im gonna hold you to that. them losing wont help us unless we take care of our own business

GameTime
12-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Here we go:

The NFC East is so tight and the Redskins have a pretty favorable schedule with Cleveland Browns, Eagles and Cowboys to play. The NFC East games are always tough to play, but you would think that the Redskins could beat the Browns most likely even though the Browns have been playing tough. You know the Eagles will and might find a way to screw us and then the Skins-Cowboys game will obviously be a huge deciding factor for the NFC East.

The Cowboys have the Steelers (which IMO is a loss, especially since the Bengals are in full-force behind them. Then they play the Saints as well, which isn't necessarily an easy game, despite the ****ty performance. Also, the Saints are away that game, so we will have to see...

All in all, the Giants really need to win out or try and get 2 wins in the last 3 games... Very vital.

Giants have to win.....no calculator needed....:)

Delicreep
12-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Something to consider for the Cowboys chances this weekend... These starters on defense will be out:

1. Jay Ratliff
2. Sean Lee
3. Bruce Carter
4. Kenyon Coleman
5. Barry Church
6. Orlando Scandrick (if you consider him a starter, which I sort of do since he's our slot corner)
7. Claiborne (Concussed but not confirmed out just yet)

And then of course Jay Ratliff's back up, Josh Brent will obviously not be playing either.

I don't like our chances at all, so I think you guys probably have nothing to fear.

That's all interesting, but here's where I think the game turns: the Cowboys are letting up a huge number of big pass plays recently, and the Steelers have the speed to continue the streak.

giantsfan420
12-14-2012, 01:51 PM
I wish that was true but sadly it is not the case. If the Giants win this week and Dallas and the Skins lose the Giants clinch absolutely nothing and can ill afford to lose a remaining game without Dallas and Washington losing their games too. The loss to the Skins and the Dallas and Skins' wins last week made it impossible to clinch anything this week. There's no guarantee of anything at all.no thats untrue. if we win, and wash and dallas lose, we'd have 2 game lead with 2 to go. Wash and Dallas play each other, so 1 would cancel the other. If they were to lose sunday, the most wins they could get would be 9. We could lose 1 of our final 2 and get to 10 wins, with a 2nd unit philly team week 17. we'd all but clinch...

giantsfan420
12-14-2012, 01:54 PM
If we go 10-6 (win 2 out of the next 3) we will be NFC East Champs.i also believe 10-6 would guarantee us a WC spot if somehow wash does defy the odds

repeatchamps
12-14-2012, 01:59 PM
no thats untrue. if we win, and wash and dallas lose, we'd have 2 game lead with 2 to go. Wash and Dallas play each other, so 1 would cancel the other. If they were to lose sunday, the most wins they could get would be 9. We could lose 1 of our final 2 and get to 10 wins, with a 2nd unit philly team week 17. we'd all but clinch...

The hypothetical you are mentioning is very clear no doubt about it and I am well aware of the scenario. My point is this week a Giants win and a Dallas and Skins loss clinches us nothing and guarantees us nothing other than Dallas or Washington can finish no better than 9-7.

giantsfan420
12-14-2012, 02:01 PM
The hypothetical you are mentioning is very clear no doubt about it and I am well aware of the scenario. My point is this week a Giants win and a Dallas and Skins loss clinches us nothing and guarantees us nothing other than Dallas or Washingotn can finish no better than 9-7.well u are correct and were correct i just misinterpreted ur post. technically u r right it would guarantee nothing clinch nothing but itd be damn close. we COULD clinch in this hypothetical the following week with a W vs Balt or a Wash/Dall loss

drewz
12-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Good news is that the Bengals won, so hopefully that'll light a fire under the *** of the Steelers

Rodgers12
12-14-2012, 04:33 PM
You guys want to come back to Lambeau if you play us again or would you rather it be at home? What are your thoughts on that?

drewz
12-14-2012, 05:12 PM
You guys want to come back to Lambeau if you play us again or would you rather it be at home? What are your thoughts on that?

It doesn't matter, Giants are a good road team..

BigBlue1971
12-14-2012, 05:33 PM
im with Morehead on his prediction that the boys and skins will lose this weekend; however the Giants need to win out anyway!

with the right breaks they could end up as the #1 seed in the nfc!

Rodgers12
12-14-2012, 05:56 PM
I agree. Homefield in the NFL doesn't mean anything anymore. The last few teams that won it went on the road to do it like us, the Giants, Steelers and Colts did it as well.

JJC7301
12-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Here we go:

The Giants need all 3 wins. The 'skins are not losing to any of those teams.

miked1958
12-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Here we go:http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machineThis is actually really good, and you can input scenarios to see what happens.The NFC East is so tight and the Redskins have a pretty favorable schedule with Cleveland Browns, Eagles and Cowboys to play. The NFC East games are always tough to play, but you would think that the Redskins could beat the Browns most likely even though the Browns have been playing tough. You know the Eagles will and might find a way to screw us and then the Skins-Cowboys game will obviously be a huge deciding factor for the NFC East.The Cowboys have the Steelers (which IMO is a loss, especially since the Bengals are in full-force behind them. Then they play the Saints as well, which isn't necessarily an easy game, despite the ****ty performance. Also, the Saints are away that game, so we will have to see...All in all, the Giants really need to win out or try and get 2 wins in the last 3 games... Very vital.It's going to be a tough ride. Who's with it?i posted this a week or two back. It's great!! Also in that thread someone posted another on that is similar i think through yahoo