PDA

View Full Version : If the Giants defense forces multiple turnovers...

Coach Carter
12-24-2011, 06:46 AM
And the offense does nothing with it, don't blame the defense for losing the game. The offense, as good as its been, has not capitalized on turnovers this season. The defense is horrible, but when it does do its job, the offense needs to help it out.

Firenugget
12-24-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm looking for the defense to play big today....I can just feel it.

Coach Carter
12-24-2011, 06:55 AM
I like your pic, I put it on my wall on FB to aggravate the Jets fans I know. I hope the defense plays well and I hope Gilbride runs the ball up the middle like a man would.

If the Giants come out flat again, Coughlin has to go. The coach is responsible for getting his players to play and if the players are emotionally flat then it is the coach's fault.

buddy33
12-24-2011, 08:21 AM
There are two games the defense forced TO's and the offense did not capitalize on them. They lost both games and had they won them they probably would have clinched the division by now or could have today. The second Eagles game and the second Washington game.

miked1958
12-24-2011, 08:32 AM

I like your positive feeling, however alot of us including me had the same feelings and high hopes before last weeks game. We saw how that worked out

Coach Carter
12-24-2011, 08:41 AM
There are two games the defense forced TO's and the offense did not capitalize on them. They lost both games and had they won them they probably would have clinched the division by now or could have today. The second Eagles game and the second Washington game.

Thank you, I forgot about the 2nd Eagles game. The defense isn't good enough to do it all game so the offense has to take advantage of the gifts. Also, the offense has to help the defense out by NOT going three and out - that happens when Gilbride passes three plays in a row.

buddy33
12-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Agree completely. The offense has been good, but the points and stats are not always at the right time. Look, the defense is so depleated with injuries that when they do make a play the offense has to gt points off of it. Look at Green Bay, the Saints, and the Patriots. They all have bad defenses but if you turn the ball over their offense will make you pay.

chizz
12-24-2011, 09:28 AM
We def need BJ to have another big game. not too confident with our receivers atm

scf424
12-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Yea, I feel like the only time the offense scores a TD is when we start at like our own 20.

I guess 40 yards is wayyyyyyy too much for GIlly to handle.

RobCarpenter
12-24-2011, 10:55 AM
<IFRAME style="POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 10px; HEIGHT: 10px; TOP: -9999em" id=twttrHubFrame tabIndex=0 src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/hub.1324331373.html" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency name=twttrHubFrame scrolling=no></IFRAME>

The heck with TO's, I'll be happy if the Giants Defense just shows up. They can't even hold a lead with 58 seconds remaining. Been just flat-out terrible this year. Let's hope they show today.</P>

Btw, here's a couple ofJet's WR'scomments:</P>

"Jets receiver Santonio Holmes (/nfl/player/santonio-holmes/401271) characterized the Giants’ secondary as a bunch of poor tacklers. And, finally, Jets receiver Plaxico Burress (/nfl/player/plaxico-burress/70555) said he wouldn’t mind scoring three or four touchdowns against his former team."</P>

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/week-16-nfl-countdown-new-york-giants-jets-playoff-picture-scenarios-cardinals-122311</P>

</P>

</P>

mstray92
12-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Agree completely. The offense has been good, but the points and stats are not always at the right time. Look, the defense is so depleated with injuries that when they do make a play the offense has to gt points off of it. Look at Green Bay, the Saints, and the Patriots. They all have bad defenses but if you turn the ball over their offense will make you pay.

Exactly! That is exactly why I am not ready to crown Eli as Elite! And Elite QB will turn turnovers into 7 points, no ifs,ands or buts about it! The the QB's You mentioned above, You give them a turnover, excpect a TD to come after it!

Firenugget
12-24-2011, 11:10 AM

I like your positive feeling, however alot of us including me had the same feelings and high hopes before last weeks game. We saw how that worked out

Well it's not just a gut feeling. Grant said Fewell was toning down the schemes and going to a more basic defense, much like he had last year. So I'm "hoping" that this solves the communication problems. To be honest if it does work, I think I'll be more pissed off that it took him to week 16 to do it.

scf424
12-24-2011, 11:14 AM

Exactly! That is exactly why I am not ready to crown Eli as Elite! And Elite QB will turn turnovers into 7 points, no ifs,ands or buts about it! The the QB's You mentioned above, You give them a turnover, excpect a TD to come after it!

So I guess its Eli's fault when Nicks drops 2 guaranteed touchdowns. That were right in his hands.

You're stupid. Stop. Think before you post.

jakegibbs
12-24-2011, 11:38 AM

Wasn't the 1st turnover when Nicks dropped the TD pass or was it the second or not at all?