PDA

View Full Version : Gilbride On Wilson, Bradshaw, and Lumpkin

RoanokeFan
12-14-2012, 11:39 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...aw-and-lumpkin (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/20612/gilbride-on-wilson-bradshaw-and-lumpkin)

Excerpt: "Kevin Gilbride is hopeful he has Ahmad Bradshaw (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw) on Sunday against Atlanta.

But the offensive coordinator didn't sound too optimistic on Thursday about that happening with Bradshaw nursing a sprained knee and looking unlikely to play Sunday.

"His toughness ... everyone is appreciative of that aspect of his game and the enthusiasm he brings," Gilbride said. "When you lose that ... you listen to him, he’s not sure it’s lost, but we’ll see."

Gilbride and the Giants got a good look at what David Wilson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14887/david-wilson) is capable of doing last Sunday when he rushed for 100 yards and two touchdowns, including a 52-yard touchdown run.

"He made the two good runs that were great to see," Gilbride said. "The one where he kind of lowered his shoulder and ran over a linebacker, which we’ve seen the toughness before and then when he had the opening that was exceptionally well-blocked, to be able to take what would’ve been an eight-to-15-yard gain, and take it to the house, was great to see."

But Gilbride cautioned that the Giants would like to see Wilson do some more things better.

"He’s still got some areas that you guys won’t see that need some significant upgrading," Gilbride said. "So we can keep the entire offense going. It was tremendous to see his dynamism and what he was able to give us in that respect. It was a big lift." Read more...

GameTime
12-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Gilbride very rarely has too much good to say. I thin thats his way of saying..." things are perfect"..

RoanokeFan
12-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Gilbride very rarely has too much good to say. I thin thats his way of saying..." things are perfect"..

They seem to like what Lumpkin brings to the offense. Let's hope it's on display on Sunday.

JesseJames
12-14-2012, 05:32 PM
They seem to like what Lumpkin brings to the offense. Let's hope it's on display on Sunday.I didn't know that Lumkin was as big as he is, 230lbs. and runs a 4.4- 40

ALLnygIN
12-14-2012, 05:40 PM
We'll see I don't expect anything from Lumkin, so if he can provide some good blocking or other dynamics to the offense I'll be very pleased

RoanokeFan
12-14-2012, 05:45 PM
I didn't know that Lumkin was as big as he is, 230lbs. and runs a 4.4- 40

Makes sense to want him on the field

bbdynasty
12-14-2012, 08:17 PM
I'd like to see lumpkin get a few touches, maybe like 5 or so. Just wanna see what kind of guys we picked up, and I've seen stuff from torain's 2010 season, I know he can play. if lumpkin is ahead,that means he can play too

miked1958
12-14-2012, 09:31 PM
So what happened to Ryan Torain. He had some great game s for skins prior to getting hurt. He kinda reminded me of BJ

Rat_bastich
12-14-2012, 10:10 PM
I think Gilbride speak is kind of like a manager doing a new employee's evaluation. You don't give high praises and always leave something to work on otherwise the employee never improves.

TheShouldersOf
12-15-2012, 01:40 AM
I don't want to see Lupkin or Torain, much rather see Wilson get as many touches and snaps as possible

Gilbride never says anything close to nice about Wilson, he always sounds angry and rather like a prat

Cloud57
12-15-2012, 01:43 AM
I don't want to see Lupkin or Torain, much rather see Wilson get as many touches and snaps as possible

Gilbride never says anything close to nice about Wilson, he always sounds angry and rather like a pratGilbride is a Wilson hater!

Captain Chaos
12-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Bradshaw is out and Wilson is in, will be interesting to see who gets the remaining snaps; lumpy or Torrain!

RoanokeFan
12-15-2012, 06:43 AM

Gilbride never says anything close to nice about Wilson, he always sounds angry and rather like a prat

You need to have other running backs in the game if for no other reason than to give Wilson a break.

RoanokeFan
12-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Gilbride is a Wilson hater!

That's ridiculous

penguinfarmer
12-15-2012, 07:03 AM
That's ridiculous

But this is a Gilbride thread. Ridiculous is a prerequisite.

RoanokeFan
12-15-2012, 07:36 AM
So what happened to Ryan Torain. He had some great game s for skins prior to getting hurt. He kinda reminded me of BJ

It's likely both Lumpkin and Torain will suit up tomorrow

BlueMetal 40
12-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Hynocerous finally gets a red zone touch and his TD we've all been wanting to see.

RoanokeFan
12-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Hynocerous finally gets a red zone touch and his TD we've all been wanting to see.

That would be great

bbdynasty
12-15-2012, 08:42 AM

yea, poor guy gets so close

penguinfarmer
12-15-2012, 08:46 AM
I love how audibly excited the crowd gets when the ball is in his hand. Definitely worth every bit of fan favoritism.

BlueMetal 40
12-15-2012, 09:03 AM
He seems like the kind of guy that feeds off of the excitement. The more touches and yards he gets, the harder he is going to hit you... He will be the spark plug while AB is out. Heres to hoping he gets the opportunity to truck Asante in the open field!

Joe Morrison
12-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Wilson not only lit it up in the return game but showed he is a tough inside runner, making quick decisions and getting down hill and not afraid to apply the contact to the defenders. Should be interesting to see how he does with another 15 touch game, looking to see the Falcons start to wonder about themselves after this game.

RoanokeFan
12-15-2012, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, if we field a potent running game against the Falcons, if they rest Bradshaw for the playoffs.

primetime
12-15-2012, 12:15 PM

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/06/giants_kevin_gilbride_says_dav.html

This was quoted by Gilbride in the off-season.

"I don't know if we've had a guy as explosive, regardless of the position, here," said Gilbride of the Giants' first-round pick. "Tiki was a tremendous all-around back, Brandon would give you something, Ahmad gives you toughness, but this guy's got the explosion I'm not sure how many guys in the league have."

RoanokeFan
12-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Any chance you can give us a quote from Gilbride in that vein?

Rusty192
12-15-2012, 01:29 PM
"I don't know if we've had a guy as explosive, regardless of the position, here," said Gilbride of the Giants' first-round pick. "Tiki was a tremendous all-around back, Brandon would give you something, Ahmad gives you toughness, but this guy's got the explosion I'm not sure how many guys in the league have."As long as Gilbride utilizes said explosion, then I'll be a happy camper.