PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice with Atlanta

sheepdip
12-14-2012, 02:47 PM
That they seem so much faster at home ! for some reason when they are at home it seems as there speed triples. Especially on Defense they fly to the ball.
Watch them on grass or on the road much different team. You even look at RB Turner's numbers over the years at home and on the road big difference.

I think this will be a huge test for us as they will want to prove something from last year. I still think Matty Ice gets rattled easily. Key again is PRESSURE the QB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sheepdip
12-14-2012, 02:48 PM
I think they are undefeated at home. I am not saying we cant win i think this is a totally winnable game but they arent an easy victory and giants players should forget last years game as they were on the road....

repeatchamps
12-14-2012, 02:49 PM
That they seem so much faster at home ! for some reason when they are at home it seems as there speed triples. Especially on Defense they fly to the ball.
Watch them on grass or on the road much different team. You even look at RB Turner's numbers over the years at home and on the road big difference.

I think this will be a huge test for us as they will want to prove something from last year. I still think Matty Ice gets rattled easily. Key again is PRESSURE the QB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It works both ways. Eli Manning loves that fast track down there in Atlanta. Eli has never lost a game in the Georgia dome (3-0).

sheepdip
12-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Are u serious ? I thought we never won in Atlanta ? I will have to look

Kruunch
12-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Wilson on that turf should be insane.

Rudyy
12-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Wilson on that turf should be insane.+1

repeatchamps
12-14-2012, 03:14 PM

Correction 2-0 at the Georgia dome.

Kruunch
12-14-2012, 03:31 PM
We haven't lost in Atlanta since 1978.

Cloud57
12-14-2012, 03:59 PM
I think they are undefeated at home. I am not saying we cant win i think this is a totally winnable game but they arent an easy victory and giants players should forget last years game as they were on the road....Pats were undefeated at home and we broke that streak.

drewz
12-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Everytime someone brings up ATL's home record, I ask how they worked out for them in the playoffs in 2011

sheepdip
12-15-2012, 05:56 PM
It works both ways. Eli Manning loves that fast track down there in Atlanta. Eli has never lost a game in the Georgia dome (3-0).

yeah sorry I was wrong about this one. for some reason I was thinking we did bad there.

sheepdip
12-15-2012, 05:59 PM
it was there speed that impressed me on the defense when watching them. Reason why they are undefeated I suppose. We beat them badly remember in NY.

They have probably circled this game on the there schedule in pre season.

GentleGiant
12-15-2012, 06:36 PM
The packers were undefeated at home last year too. Have faith.

BMW
12-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Did you even see who they beat at home, other than the Broncos who were not playing well in the beginning...

Captain Chaos
12-15-2012, 07:06 PM
There is a reason why most of the experts are picking against the G'men!

BMW
12-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Experts in what, being wrong?

Parademon
12-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Did you even see who they beat at home, other than the Broncos who were not playing well in the beginning...

Broncos are the only good team they have beaten this yr & they were lucky to get them in week 2 when Peyton was still fighting off the rust of being off for a yr & not yet in sync with his WR corps. Atl picked him 3 times in the 1st qt & still only won 27-21.

greenca190
12-16-2012, 02:17 AM
yeah sorry I was wrong about this one. for some reason I was thinking we did bad there.

You may be thinking of that other domed NFC south team that comes out of New Orleans. We are awful there.

greenca190
12-16-2012, 02:19 AM
Broncos are the only good team they have beaten this yr & they were lucky to get them in week 2 when Peyton was still fighting off the rust of being off for a yr & not yet in sync with his WR corps. Atl picked him 3 times in the 1st qt & still only won 27-21.

Good teams win the games they are suppose to win. Yes, Denver is playing much better right now, but it's impossible to sell Atlanta short with the production they have put up this year. Not only do they have the best record in the NFC, but the HUGE difference this year between other years is that they are winning close games. They have leaders at every major position on the field, both veteran and young.

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 03:27 AM
There is a reason why most of the experts are picking against the G'men!fyi, id say about 90% of the analysts ive seen have picked us...

GCGiant
12-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Everytime someone brings up ATL's home record, I ask how they worked out for them in the playoffs in 2011

It didn't work out because they were a wild card last year and played the 1st game at NY's home field (was going to say in NY but it was in NJ :) )

yatitle
12-16-2012, 08:31 AM
It didn't work out because they were a wild card last year and played the 1st game at NY's home field (was going to say in NY but it was in NJ :) )

Think he meant 2010 season (January 2011) when they were #1 seed and got crushed by Green Bay 48-21.

Mr.TRUEBLUE
12-16-2012, 08:36 AM
If we had Ahman Bradshaw and maybe even Brandon Jacob ... This would be a LOCK! ... Wilson is exciting but if he can hold onto the ball and whether he is a (Hit or Miss) ie: (All or nothing) Runningback concerns me? ...

Our Offensive Line will have to come up with some blocking schemes a little more to open holes for him where as Andre or Ahman can barrel there way thru a little more???

stormblue
12-16-2012, 08:49 AM

NFLN talking heads were saying their 2ndary is slow and Eli should attack , attack, attack.

i guess that means we'll run it 30 times for 50 yards..ha-ha.

hungrrrry
12-16-2012, 09:30 AM
I think they are undefeated at home. I am not saying we cant win i think this is a totally winnable game but they arent an easy victory and giants players should forget last years game as they were on the road....we beat the Patriots in their home last season after they won like 25 games straight at home......thats Tom Brady...it's just a game.

Toadofsteel
12-16-2012, 09:31 AM

The place that Eli has never won is in the Super Dome in New Orleans. Only times he's beaten the Saints in his career were the game right after Katrina (technically a saints home game but was played in Giants Stadium, with Saints colors painted on the end zones), and the game this season (which was a Giants home game).

All the more fitting if we win the SB this year...

Joe Morrison
12-16-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/pass_rush_plans_to_put_heat_on_matty_mahnYUAt6P4gx OVI1cbTxH

We here this every week, is this the week they come back to life?

Joe Morrison
12-16-2012, 11:45 AM
The place that Eli has never won is in the Super Dome in New Orleans. Only times he's beaten the Saints in his career were the game right after Katrina (technically a saints home game but was played in Giants Stadium, with Saints colors painted on the end zones), and the game this season (which was a Giants home game).

All the more fitting if we win the SB this year...

Eli will get his first win in the Superdome over his older brother Peyton, that would be the icing on the cake!