PDA

View Full Version : I suspect we're at the crossroads with the Giants secondary with this game.

drewz
12-14-2012, 03:06 PM
If Hosley holds it down and the secondary does well.. I think it's gonna be status quo during the offseason. Reese will like what he's seen from Amukamara and Hosley and probably see those as the two starting corners of our future.

On the flip side, if its a long day for us and the secondary proves they can't stop the pass worth a damn, I think there will be much done. Obviously, Prince and Hosley have been drafted in 2011 and 2012 respectively, but I could see Webster getting cut in the last year of his contract and Reese bringing in a FA veteran CB, and/or using another high draft pick on one.

Kruunch
12-14-2012, 03:10 PM
We'll go CB in the draft for sure either way.

Between CWeb being inconsistent (and getting older now) and Princess not being able to stay on the field, we'll have no choice. Even if Hosley works out.

Cloud57
12-14-2012, 03:14 PM
We'll go CB in the draft for sure either way.

Between CWeb being inconsistent (and getting older now) and Princess not being able to stay on the field, we'll have no choice. Even if Hosley works out.we'll only get a good CB if we draft one in the first round.

JJC7301
12-14-2012, 03:22 PM
If Hosley holds it down and the secondary does well.. I think it's gonna be status quo during the offseason. Reese will like what he's seen from Amukamara and Hosley and probably see those as the two starting corners of our future.

On the flip side, if its a long day for us and the secondary proves they can't stop the pass worth a damn, I think there will be much done. Obviously, Prince and Hosley have been drafted in 2011 and 2012 respectively, but I could see Webster getting cut in the last year of his contract and Reese bringing in a FA veteran CB, and/or using another high draft pick on one.
Is Web getting "old," or is he just playing with multiple injuries this year? I would be very very very careful before getting rid of Web -- he's been such a top flight CB for the past 5 years.

And be very careful about NOT bringing Phillips back. I'm not ready to give up his starting job to a rookie (Hill) and another guy who could possibly be a 1-hit wonder in Brown.

Cloud57
12-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Is Web getting "old," or is he just playing with multiple injuries this year? I would be very very very careful before getting rid of Web -- he's been such a top flight CB for the past 5 years.

And be very careful about NOT bringing Phillips back. I'm not ready to give up his starting job to a rookie (Hill) and another guy who could possibly be a 1-hit wonder in Brown.he's 30 that's old, besides he's slow and blows coverage. He was a good CB but now he's declining.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2012, 03:25 PM
he's 30 that's old, besides he's slow and blows coverage. He was a good CB but now he's declining.

I think the young bucks are going to make us proud

BlueJayC
12-14-2012, 03:41 PM
No way they let CWeb go.......too valuable even if it's at Nickel corner next year......as we've seen recently you can never have too many healthy DB's.

stormblue
12-14-2012, 03:46 PM
why is our back 7 constantly injured.....been this way throughout TC's tenure.
they need to switch brands of bottled water or something.

Kruunch
12-14-2012, 03:47 PM
we'll only get a good CB if we draft one in the first round.

So not true.

drewz
12-14-2012, 04:30 PM
So not true.

How you figure? CB is not deep this year, and with all these suspect secondaries around the league I doubt one will fall to us (I'm expecting a pick between 28-32)

stormblue
12-14-2012, 04:39 PM
How you figure? CB is not deep this year, and with all these suspect secondaries around the league I doubt one will fall to us (I'm expecting a pick between 28-32)

32nd i hope.

BigBlue1971
12-14-2012, 04:40 PM
i think Prince and Hosley will be starters but imo not together until the 2014 season. Webby will start next year which is a contract year i believe!

Terrill Thomas may figure into the equasion only if healthy! he could be regelated to the #4 anyway!

besides Prince appears to be somewhat injury prone so Webby might be kept based on that fact!

Kruunch
12-14-2012, 04:45 PM

Because you're proceeding under the fallacy that only a first round draft pick can be successful in the NFL.

CWeb is a second round pick. T2 was a second round pick. Hosley is a third round pick. Etc, etc ... And of course if the draft is perceived by our front office to be that weak and the need that strong there's always free agency. Any which way they go, I think CB will definitely be a position of concern (note: not outright need) going into 2013.

CWeb isn't going anywhere but between age and contract, this might be his last contract with us.

Buddy333
12-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Webster was a 2nd round pick and so far Hosely has looked good and he was a 2nd round pick.

JesseJames
12-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Looks to me that Webster is starting to decline and the fact that this is now very much a passing league we will have to go early for another CB to go along with Hosely and Prince (if he could only stay healthy), we absolutely must get another quality CB from somewhere and as always another pass rushing DE..

Buddy333
12-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Prince is the real deal and Hosely looks like he will be a good one. Will Hill is a very athletic football player and can be used all over the back field. The future looks bright. Since that one horrible play against Green Bay a few weeks ago Webster has looked solid.