PDA

View Full Version : Wilson retires the backflip

Cloud57
12-14-2012, 05:27 PM
I guess no more flips for wilson

http://espn.go.com/new-york/video/clip?id=8747648

bbdynasty
12-14-2012, 05:30 PM
i liked it, but its a good idea to stop it. wonder what his new celebration will be? likely we'll see it a few times on sunday!

fizzlesticks
12-14-2012, 05:35 PM
wonder what his new celebration will be?
Hopefully he gently tosses the ball a few feet so it doesn't crush his foot, then get carried to the sideline, wouldn't want him to trip or anything.

bbdynasty
12-14-2012, 05:40 PM
anyone think the flip is really any more dangerous than bradshaw's turning jump spike? i dont think so

Kruunch
12-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Boo! :mad:

BlueJayC
12-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Heard he's switching it up to this:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8fnhtGZoe1qfs79bo1_500.gif

stormblue
12-14-2012, 05:55 PM
anyone think the flip is really any more dangerous than bradshaw's turning jump spike? i dont think so

considering the condition of Bradshaw's feet , i think that that's also a stupid maneuver.

JJC7301
12-14-2012, 06:26 PM
That's good news. That celebration is an injury waiting to happen.

I like AB's celebration the most -- jump in the air with an emphatic spiking of the ball, usually while he's usually doing a 180 in the air.

JJC7301
12-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Heard he's switching it up to this:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8fnhtGZoe1qfs79bo1_500.gif
HA!

BigBlue1971
12-14-2012, 06:28 PM
i think thats a good move on Wilsons part!

that back flip was an accident waiting to happen!

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Thank God!!! We do not need assanine injuries durning a potential playoff run......COUGH Burress!!!https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHk-72DitdbWE94qDxmHbfI_UWudoog07ESGjKRNkrTDdvr65m

Rusty192
12-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Wilson def reads these boards

RoanokeFan
12-14-2012, 06:58 PM
i liked it, but its a good idea to stop it. wonder what his new celebration will be? likely we'll see it a few times on sunday!

+1 A sign of maturity for the young man

RagTime Blue
12-14-2012, 07:12 PM
It seems innocent enough, but you know one day he'll try to do it when he's tired, or the turf is slippery, or there's debris on the field thrown from a fan.

I don't care if he does the Macerena or anything else that looks dumb. . .just not playing with the club's money on something like this.

KidA
12-14-2012, 07:13 PM
+1 A sign of maturity for the young man

I wonder if that was his idea, or if the coaches spoke with him this week. Either way, it sounds like his head is in the right place.

YATittle1962
12-14-2012, 07:14 PM
this came from the top

Reese spoke to him about it

BillTheGreek
12-14-2012, 07:35 PM
NY Giants are flipping out over David Wilson’s touchdown celebration ... rookie says everyone needs to ‘relax’
Tom Coughlin didn't seem relaxed when he was asked about Wilson's flips at his Wednesday press conference.
Asked if he had a problem with the celebration, Coughlin said 'Next question.'

FBomb
12-14-2012, 08:47 PM
eh.....couldn't care less either way. Just score TD's.

Broadway Blue
12-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Great to hear!

Would very hate to see Wilson injured over a celebration

titwio
12-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Glad he did...it was getting a little bit cheesy imo

Rat_bastich
12-14-2012, 10:13 PM
I think the new celebration will be JPP and Wilson running toward each other and then at the last minute both flip and give each other high fives in mid flip and then once again upon landing.

TextureDj
12-14-2012, 10:58 PM
I think the new celebration will be JPP and Wilson running toward each other and then at the last minute both flip and give each other high fives in mid flip and then once again upon landing.cant happen. JPP does frontflips, Wilson does backflips, if they were to do them both in the same endzone, in celebration of the same touchdown, the world would implode. It's like dividing by zero, or crossing the streams. Bad news.

redfish
12-15-2012, 01:15 AM
cant happen. JPP does frontflips, Wilson does backflips, if they were to do them both in the same endzone, in celebration of the same touchdown, the world would implode. It's like dividing by zero, or crossing the streams. Bad news.

Hey, a first time poster here and also a huge David Wilson fan from Virginia Tech (class of 1974 alum). David is a Great kid who is hyperactive (in case you have not noticed ;>). Watch him after his longer TD runs and he sorts of gallops to a stop like a horse would after finishing a huge stakes race. David has the competitive spirit of a warrior. Ever since he was a toddler he had more energy than he could exhaust and, as hard as it may seem to believe, I think he is capable of returning kicks and carrying a 20 plus carry load in the NFL. His endurance level is off the charts.

OK Giant fans, get ready for the David Wilson experience!! He may hit the wrong holes occasionally but you will never see him get lazy or not give it 100%. Did you notice how he sprung up like a wobble doll when Fletcher, the Redskin Captain, layed the wood to him on that sideline hit? He is tough, quick, fast and once he learns the finer points of being patient and waiting for his blockers he will be hell to deal with for opponent defenses.

Rusty192
12-15-2012, 01:50 AM
Hey, a first time poster here and also a huge David Wilson fan from Virginia Tech (class of 1974 alum). David is a Great kid who is hyperactive (in case you have not noticed ;>). Watch him after his longer TD runs and he sorts of gallops to a stop like a horse would after finishing a huge stakes race. David has the competitive spirit of a warrior. Ever since he was a toddler he had more energy than he could exhaust and, as hard as it may seem to believe, I think he is capable of returning kicks and carrying a 20 plus carry load in the NFL. His endurance level is off the charts.

OK Giant fans, get ready for the David Wilson experience!! He may hit the wrong holes occasionally but you will never see him get lazy or not give it 100%. Did you notice how he sprung up like a wobble doll when Fletcher, the Redskin Captain, layed the wood to him on that sideline hit? He is tough, quick, fast and once he learns the finer points of being patient and waiting for his blockers he will be hell to deal with for opponent defenses.Care to hop aboard? we're going to the SB ;)

I noticed and am happy he hasn't tried any of that reverse field ala 2011 Sugar Bowl stuff lol.

Also, welcome brother!

TheShouldersOf
12-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Glad he did...it was getting a little bit cheesy imo

not anymore than the Salsa, it's rather contrived

Rat_bastich
12-15-2012, 03:27 AM

OK Giant fans, get ready for the David Wilson experience!! He may hit the wrong holes occasionally but you will never see him get lazy or not give it 100%. Did you notice how he sprung up like a wobble doll when Fletcher, the Redskin Captain, layed the wood to him on that sideline hit? He is tough, quick, fast and once he learns the finer points of being patient and waiting for his blockers he will be hell to deal with for opponent defenses.

If it makes you feel old...I was 2 when you graduated college!!!!

titwio
12-15-2012, 03:37 AM
not anymore than the Salsa, it's rather contrived

I agree...it's become way too pretentious. IMO, he should only resort to pulling it out on occasion...kind of like the way Aaron Rodgers does now with "the belt" celebration.

Toadofsteel
12-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Normally I'd be all for Wilson doing a backflip especially given his experience with said maneuver. However, he needs to realize that he's pretty much our SOLE tailback now. If Bradshaw or Brown were still healthy I'd have less of a problem with it...

Captain Chaos
12-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Amazing!

Dorothy
12-15-2012, 07:51 AM
I think the new celebration will be JPP and Wilson running toward each other and then at the last minute both flip and give each other high fives in mid flip and then once again upon landing.

Love it

penguinfarmer
12-15-2012, 08:20 AM
It really never bothered me, but I can certainly understand the concern. Anyone who compares it to " simply jumping" have obviously never been graced with ....

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/8/8d/Afro_ninja.gif

RoanokeFan
12-15-2012, 08:37 AM
I wonder if that was his idea, or if the coaches spoke with him this week. Either way, it sounds like his head is in the right place.

Reese sure spoke with him lol