PDA

View Full Version : Possible offseason solution to our RB unit

giantsfan420
12-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Reggie Bush.

I know, we've been down this road before. And the accepted, justified response (imo) was "too much money, not a between the T rb" when he became a FA in N.O.
Well, I got to tell you, before that knee injury he suffered vs the NYJ, I was very impressed with his vision and ability to run between the T's. He's explosive, EXCELLENT out of the backfield, and could do return duties. He would compliment Wilson and Brown PERFECTLY imho. Wilson the starter, Brown the conversion/RZ back, and Bush who can do some running, some catching out of the backfield, and, working out of the slot.

Plus, he should be relatively cheap coming off this season with Miami, and with what RB's are making nowadays. Only thing, I think it'd mean peace out to bradshaw...

And I know the offseason isnt for another lifetime and we don't know how things will look at that time, its just I read that Miami doesnt have plans to re-sign him. Plus, I really do think he'd be the absolute perfect fit in this offense with Wilson/Brown

gmen0820
12-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Bush is okay, but a cheaper option that might fit the Giants just a little bit better is Rashard Mendenhall. Has had a terrible year while recovering from a late-2011 Torn ACL. He's no Adrian Peterson in terms of rehab, but that is just paranormal ****. Plus, Mendenhall when healthy always produced with a weak OL. Bush is dynamic, but he's an injury risk and would be asked to do things here (like learning the intricacies of pass blocking) and would probably never even be utilized.

gmen0820
12-15-2012, 01:21 AM
And I don't know if Bush is in the doghouse in Miami but he has really been losing major snaps to Daniel Thomas, especially after that NYJ game. Maybe he is still a little dinged.

giantsfan420
12-15-2012, 01:23 AM
ya know, with the way RM and Pitt are handling whatever issue it is theyre dealing with, I could see Pitt not trying to retain him. Is he FA? Bush is a FA.

I also believe Bush would have to be capable in pass pro as he's been used so much as that kind of rb. id be shocked if he couldnt pass pro. But I do hear what ur saying. Just we all want that pass catching RB option, a legit one, and Bush gives us that. Eli would use the check down a lot more imo knowing the caliber player Bush is in that role. And with Wilsons speed, Browns power, Bush would compliment both imo. just a thought, i doubt we get either but do u think RM would be cheaper? I dunno itd seem to me like hed demand more

gmen0820
12-15-2012, 01:32 AM
After this year, I don't think RM can command anything more than a 1 year-prove it deal. Can't imagine him wanting to return to Pittsburgh either. Yeah I'd definitely think he'd come cheaper. Something like a Bennett deal, preferably with a second year team option.

Cloud57
12-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Draft a fresh RB in the late rounds, we don't need any old beat up RB

gmen0820
12-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Though Bush would add a really nice wrinkle to our offense, I'm just not big on signing a RB going on a third contract with a history of lingering injuries.

TheShouldersOf
12-15-2012, 01:41 AM
Bush is a Monster, who i feel is being stifled by forcing him into a 'Type' of runner, instead of his Natural Talents

Captain Chaos
12-15-2012, 04:23 AM
Interesting thoughts; however, I'm not sure RB is an area of need on this team.... OT, MLB, CB...

giantsfan420
12-15-2012, 04:25 AM
Interesting thoughts; however, I'm not sure RB is an area of need on this team.... OT, MLB, CB...i agree with the needs u listed, but by signing bush thru FA, we can target those needs thru the draft and not have to waste a pick on a rb, bc i think we'd have to if we dont add a rb in FA.

drewz
12-15-2012, 05:14 AM
Stupid.. We don't have the cap space for him, nor is it a need. Our trio of RBs (Bradshaw, Wilson, Brown) is actually pretty damn good, when the line starts opening up more holes on a consistent basis, that's when it will show.

I'd much rather FAs used to target a good veteran CB or OL

laylow28
12-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Bush is okay, but a cheaper option that might fit the Giants just a little bit better is Rashard Mendenhall. Has had a terrible year while recovering from a late-2011 Torn ACL. He's no Adrian Peterson in terms of rehab, but that is just paranormal ****. Plus, Mendenhall when healthy always produced with a weak OL. Bush is dynamic, but he's an injury risk and would be asked to do things here (like learning the intricacies of pass blocking) and would probably never even be utilized. RM sure looks like he's done in Pitt. However he is injury prone too.

bbdynasty
12-15-2012, 07:27 AM
yea we can draft an RB and replace Scott. the OL and CB positions need an instant upgrade, so those will be the FA moves imo.

gmen0820
12-15-2012, 11:10 AM
RM sure looks like he's done in Pitt. However he is injury prone too.True, but I'm only suggesting we go Mendenhall on the basis that he would come much cheaper. If his demands ate anywhere over 2 mil, I would just walk away from it.

Toadofsteel
12-15-2012, 11:16 AM
CB and LB would be better improved through FA. But we need to spend rounds 1-4 on the OL. Gut the whole damn thing except for Beatty and maybe Snee, and start over.

brad
12-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Bush is a starting RB that will want starter money... but with Wilson and Brown (and most likely Bradshaw) Bush is probably not a starter with the Giants. They need to put that money into other areas like refreshing and aging O-Line, replacing players like Osi and Tuck who are likely gone after this year, improving the LB group and upgrading a secondary that has been less than stellar this year. RB isn't even in the top 5 areas of concern for the Giants this off-season.

dakotajoe
12-15-2012, 11:59 AM
I'd rather the team spend resources on a different position.

poppa smurph
12-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Bush is a starting RB that will want starter money... but with Wilson and Brown (and most likely Bradshaw) Bush is probably not a starter with the Giants. They need to put that money into other areas like refreshing and aging O-Line, replacing players like Osi and Tuck who are likely gone after this year, improving the LB group and upgrading a secondary that has been less than stellar this year. RB isn't even in the top 5 areas of concern for the Giants this off-season.Yup.
Both Bush and RM want to be the main cog in whatever offence they play in...we need depth, not starters. I'd be fine with selecting a RB in the lower rounds.
My take on the off-season would be a quality FA signing or two ( one O and one D ), and focus on D-Line, LB and O-Line BPA at the draft.

GameTime
12-15-2012, 12:28 PM
rather have Michael Bush.....

44#1
12-15-2012, 12:43 PM
OL, LB, CB, DE, WR OL gets no push.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-15-2012, 12:50 PM
"we've got bush!"

scoopscj
12-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Draft Draft Draft. Late rounds please. How about a short, speedy guy like Meggett used to be, minus the assult charges.

Also, will there be a chance, someday, before I die, that the Giants might have a dangerous, pro bowl linebacker again? Yeah, I'm spoiled having grown up watching Banks, Reason, Carson, Taylor, Headen, Pepper Johnson and heck even Corey Miller. Also I've seen 4 SB wins so I'm being very picky I know, but really, can I please have a pro bowl LB? PLEASE

scoopscj
12-15-2012, 01:03 PM
"we've got bush!"

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7tUgFmjAqkTxDN2_rlt4zUtn42nU_V xpI9ve5mluEtGlSpOQsWg

brad
12-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Draft Draft Draft. Late rounds please. How about a short, speedy guy like Meggett used to be, minus the assult charges.

Also, will there be a chance, someday, before I die, that the Giants might have a dangerous, pro bowl linebacker again? Yeah, I'm spoiled having grown up watching Banks, Reason, Carson, Taylor, Headen, Pepper Johnson and heck even Corey Miller. Also I've seen 4 SB wins so I'm being very picky I know, but really, can I please have a pro bowl LB? PLEASE

The Giants have had some great LBs in the past! another one, Armstead... if I remember correctly, he was a late round pick, but a true Giant LB.

scoopscj
12-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Loved Armstead.

He was drafted in the 8th round, which doesn't even exist in today's draft. Amazing find. Retired a Giant.

primetime
12-15-2012, 02:07 PM
We have plenty of runningbacks. Bradshaw 26 yrs old, Wilson 21 yrs old, Andre Brown 26 yrs old. It's time to add some talented youth to the o-line. As for defensive ends we have three young ends already on the team. JPP, Ojomo, Tracy. I would like an upgrade at the Mike Linebacker position, no knock on Chase Blackburn, but I want a linebacker who can play every down.

GameTime
12-15-2012, 03:21 PM
"we've got bush!"

"nerds'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brad
12-15-2012, 03:31 PM
We have plenty of runningbacks. Bradshaw 26 yrs old, Wilson 21 yrs old, Andre Brown 26 yrs old. It's time to add some talented youth to the o-line. As for defensive ends we have three young ends already on the team. JPP, Ojomo, Tracy. I would like an upgrade at the Mike Linebacker position, no knock on Chase Blackburn, but I want a linebacker who can play every down.

I think Tracy is probably adequate, Ojomo is unproven and while great in preseason has not even been on the field in regular season.... not exactly promising when it comes to replacing pro bowl defensive ends, although I still think he could be very good. I agree with you though, the focus should be on linebackers, if you fix that problem you also solve the defensive line depth by moving Kiwi back to the line.

jomo
12-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Reggie Bush.

I know, we've been down this road before. And the accepted, justified response (imo) was "too much money, not a between the T rb" when he became a FA in N.O.
Well, I got to tell you, before that knee injury he suffered vs the NYJ, I was very impressed with his vision and ability to run between the T's. He's explosive, EXCELLENT out of the backfield, and could do return duties. He would compliment Wilson and Brown PERFECTLY imho. Wilson the starter, Brown the conversion/RZ back, and Bush who can do some running, some catching out of the backfield, and, working out of the slot.

Plus, he should be relatively cheap coming off this season with Miami, and with what RB's are making nowadays. Only thing, I think it'd mean peace out to bradshaw...

And I know the offseason isnt for another lifetime and we don't know how things will look at that time, its just I read that Miami doesnt have plans to re-sign him. Plus, I really do think he'd be the absolute perfect fit in this offense with Wilson/BrownThe solution is a significantly upgraded OL. that is where the $$ can do us the most good. Running backs are a distant second.

Flip Empty
12-15-2012, 06:01 PM
The Giants wouldn't know how to use him.

bearbryant
12-15-2012, 11:25 PM
We need an infusion in the O line, not a RB. Also while you're talknig to Santa, get a MLB and a DT too!

giantsfan420
12-15-2012, 11:40 PM
ol would be huge too and prob is more of a need, but imo i think we'd draft the OL bc good OL FA's are expensive. rbs in bushs situation really arent. i suspect we wont keep bradshaw next yr at his current rate, so that does free up some room. we saw how tc is with rookie rbs, id bet we go vet FA at rb, and draft OL. Bush would be so awesome with wilson/brown

Mlerman17
12-16-2012, 12:53 AM
bush is too similar to wilson imo and bradshaw is still under contract and our emotional leader.

greenca190
12-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Bush is a Monster, who i feel is being stifled by forcing him into a 'Type' of runner, instead of his Natural Talents

I would just be surprised if our offensive schemes wouldn't try to force him into things he isn't accustomed to as well.

However, if he's down for being in the mix at running back for the new york giants, for the right money, **** yeah i would love that signing. it's funny hearing peoples responses on here that "he wants to be the main guy", etc. we have no idea if that is the case. i know he has his super bowl already, but who's to say he doesn't want another? and, in fold, is willing to take a diminished role to get it.

edit: i don't think he would sign here. but i tell you what, and it sucks that they are a powerhouse of the nfc right now. he would be awesome with the falcons. and i could legitimately see that, with turner's wheels rusting, and how he is accustomed to the nfc south.

penguinfarmer
12-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Bush may potentially be coming off his second consecutive 1000 yard season. If cheap, I don't think he will be NYG cheap.

Ruttiger711
12-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Shore up the line and it benefits all current and any future RB. It's been reactive more than proactive regarding the line and it really needs to be the opposite.