PDA

View Full Version : "Just run fast."

EasyE23
12-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Sometimes over-coaching may diminish the natural talent that a player comes into the league with.

Wilson's assignment last week has me thinking that they should use this same motivation for JPP - "Just get the quarterback" sounds about right.

Chris

fourth&forever
12-15-2012, 08:27 AM
JPP is getting pounded on with doubles & triples and endless chip blocks. He has alot more folks in his way this year. That means "others" have less folks in front of them.
#90 has been a one man show for far too long. The "others" really need to step it up.

bbdynasty
12-15-2012, 08:39 AM
#90 has been a one man show for far too long. The "others" really need to step it up.

Yes, I'd like to see more Kiwi on the line now that jwill is back. what ever happened to adrian tracy?

Captain Chaos
12-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Others have to take advantage of what is happening to JPP!

TheShouldersOf
12-15-2012, 11:59 AM
You are correct,

indeed, over coaching can take away the Natural talent and instincts of a player, so much so they second guess,

technique is obviously needed, refining technique, but to the point of over complexity, over coaching, and taking away natural talent, is always bad

EasyE23
12-15-2012, 02:13 PM
You are correct,

indeed, over coaching can take away the Natural talent and instincts of a player, so much so they second guess,

technique is obviously needed, refining technique, but to the point of over complexity, over coaching, and taking away natural talent, is always bad

Thank you for understanding the point of my post.

Chris

giantsfan420
12-15-2012, 09:02 PM
see, i disagree. partly. the giants arent telling jpp not to play fast or something. what it is, is they want to provide him with as much technique as possible, so that speed is something that can never be taken away. think about osi vs good T's and how they get him so far upfield away from the qb. if he had more technique and an arsenal of more moves, he could be using that speed in a multitude of ways.
i know what u mean in that maybe sometimes the player has too much hes trying to identify, and its leading to him overthinking if even for a .1 of a second, which slows him down. but i dont get that with him. he displays solid technique almost all the time and gets pressure on a snap by snap basis, maybe not in the face of the qb pressure, but pressure the qb knows/senses is coming. he's still in his 3 year, we gotta remember that. still very young, and remember, he was so raw out of school. the fact hes even at the level hes at is awesome. by next season, we could have an even more complete DE than strahan, who can get pressure as good as any defensive player in the league. Coming into this year, some thought he could do that by now but i think that was unrealistic.

i look forward to when he is the finished product...that guy is gonna be lethal, even moreso than no if u can believe it