PDA

View Full Version : Giants Should Expect Different Falcons' Team Than In 2011 Playoffs

RoanokeFan
12-15-2012, 12:26 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/12/15/new-york-giants-should-expect-different-atlanta-falcons-team-than-they-saw-in-2011-playoffs/

Excerpt: "Too much of this week’s talk is based on January’s New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants’ home playoff win against the Atlanta (http://www.giants101.com/tag/atlanta/) Falcons at MetLife. It shouldn’t be. Stop with the “two points” talk. It’s nearing the end of the 2012 NFL (http://www.giants101.com/tag/nfl/) season and while the Giants are the reigning World Champions, that game was technically a part of 2011.

While Atlanta (http://www.giants101.com/tag/atlanta/) did score two points on a safety, the Giants had issues with penalties (one holding that actually led to said safety) and had a slow start on offense that sunny day. Had Atlanta (http://www.giants101.com/tag/atlanta/) Falcons head coach not gone for three fourth-down attempts, it may have been a different ball game. Maybe, but probably not, as the second half told a different story. QB Matt Ryan threw 24 of 41 for 199 yards and their run game was abysmal. That won’t happen again eleven months and two new coordinators (offensive and defensive) later.The big stat in that game was no turnovers. That will change on Sunday. The Giants fly down to the Georgia Dome with a defense that is second in the NFL (http://www.giants101.com/tag/nfl/)in interceptions with 20 as well as forcing turnovers with 34. While most quarterbacks fear the Big Blue pass rush and have that on their minds (they’re 12th in the NFL (http://www.giants101.com/tag/nfl/) with 31 sacks), the turnovers shouldn’t be ignored.

"The Giants are probably the best in the league," Ryan said. "They've got three top-tier pass rushers, and we know that from playing them last year. They'll present us with a difficult challenge. Their front four is very solid. For four quarters, they rush the passer as well as anybody in the league." Read more...

fourth&forever
12-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Falcons don't need this game. But they do need to prove that they can compete with us.

GameTime
12-15-2012, 01:35 PM
whatever....
if the Giants dont show up it is they who will be the frauds and not the Falcons....

Parademon
12-15-2012, 01:39 PM
They need it just to prove to themselves that they can beat us should we meet in the playoffs. Also, they win this game handidly, it's their statement game to the NFC, that they are the top contender to dethrone us & go to the SB.

The other side of the coin is that if we go in there & blow em out or even come out with a single digit win, that we'll be sending a message to the NFL, that we are bound & determined to repeat as SB champs & that we are in playoff mode already.

Didn't mention statement game as I feel our stomping of GB/SF this yr were our statement games. What other team this yr has beaten both GB/SF this yr?

I stand by my belief that Atl is 11-2 due to a very generous & weak schedule. Denver is the only really good team they beat this yr & that was way back in week 2 when Peyton was still rusty from the 1yr layoff & not yet in sync with his WRs & the O.

Atl would get blown out by GB/SF if they meet in the playoffs. I still think the NFCCG will be us vs either SF/GB.

Rusty192
12-15-2012, 02:04 PM
"The Giants are probably the best in the league," Ryan said. "They've got three top-tier pass rushers, and we know that from playing them last year.

More like one and a half. Osi plays when he feels like it .

BigBlueAllDay
12-15-2012, 02:14 PM
The Falcons won't have to prove a thing until January. They'll still be the No. 1 Seed after this week no matter what and they already clinched a playoff spot that no other NFC team has for the moment. They should be very conservative with their injured starters and fork a much needed win over to the Giants who are prepared to fight tooth and nail for it and then move onto next week against the already eliminated Lions.

Rodgers12
12-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Not to rip the Giants but they will win these two tough road games coming up and then lose to the Eagles the last game of the year. Dont worry the Packers do this all the time as well. We came out and pounded the Texans then two weeks later almost lose to the Jaguars at home.

BigBlue1971
12-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Not to rip the Giants but they will win these two tough road games coming up and then lose to the Eagles the last game of the year. Dont worry the Packers do this all the time as well. We came out and pounded the Texans then two weeks later almost lose to the Jaguars at home.

sorry to disagree Rodgers but i dont see the Giants losing again until sometimes in Oct or Nov 2013!

your input is valuable on our board but you need to understand, this is the Giants time of the year.

good luck to you and the Pack!

Rodgers12
12-15-2012, 03:39 PM
sorry to disagree Rodgers but i dont see the Giants losing again until sometimes in Oct or Nov 2013!

your input is valuable on our board but you need to understand, this is the Giants time of the year.

good luck to you and the Pack!
We will need all the luck we can get. I think we have a chance to win out but come playoff time I will be suprised if we can repeat 2010. I hope im wrong.

BigBlue1971
12-15-2012, 04:24 PM
We will need all the luck we can get. I think we have a chance to win out but come playoff time I will be suprised if we can repeat 2010. I hope im wrong.

the Packs rushing attack is worst than ours especially now since David Wilson has somewhat emerged!

defenses are keying on Aaron Rodgers and he doesnt seem to have the same karma with his receivers as 2010!

if they can magically produce a ground game things may work out! especially in Green Bay where a running game is necessary!

again good luck! i hope we will meet you again in the nfc championship game!

gmen46
12-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Valid points raised in the article.

However, weren't similar points raised by some before we played the Niners and the Packers this year? At least I haven't read any Falcons player claiming they "gave" us their playoff game last January (how could they, after all?). That could be a red flag, actually--they probably won't take the game for granted, like those other 2 teams apparently did.

Even so, I see Giants winning 30-17.

giantsfan420
12-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Exactly: Playing each snap as if it’s the last game-riding one that can help you advance or not is the mentality that needs to be brought down south. Every pass, catch, run, tackle, kick and penalty matters.

thats frm the article. it leads me to wonder if for some reason, this mentality isnt in place week 1 before opening kick off...just bc its earlier in the year doesnt make the snap any less important. i do get that feeling from this team and have for some time, that they know they have time to turn it around and turn it on...which then leads me to wonder if for all of our heart issues with this teams 2nd half of the season history, could that mentality of putting off "turning it on" til later in the season actually be a better strategy to win the sb? i consider it much harder to maintain a dominant, long win streak in the reg. season, then have to continue the win streak into the post season. teams are just too good now, too much parity. the odds seem to go way up.
the way we've done it is to turn it on right at the end of the reg. season, and ascend to our best level of play during a 6 game win streak like last year. its an enigma, and begs the question, would we rather have more reg. season success and diminish the chances of actually winning the SB according to my theory, or would we rather struggle to get to the postseason, but turn it on right at the end so if we get there, we have an excellent shot at it...

edit-in thinking about it rereading my post, i guess its harder to maintain ur highest level of play that long than it is to gradually ascend to ur highest level at the end, which is what we do

Captain Chaos
12-15-2012, 11:34 PM
I certainly think they are a different team this year, they have new O and D coordinators. That said the question will be are they physical enough to take o the G'men. They are a talented bunch but their physicality has been an issue. We'll see what happens tomorrow!

Rodgers12
12-15-2012, 11:50 PM
the Packs rushing attack is worst than ours especially now since David Wilson has somewhat emerged!

defenses are keying on Aaron Rodgers and he doesnt seem to have the same karma with his receivers as 2010!

if they can magically produce a ground game things may work out! especially in Green Bay where a running game is necessary!

again good luck! i hope we will meet you again in the nfc championship game!
If we do meet in the playoffs we will need all the luck we can handle. Actually we will need a miracle lol.

bearbryant
12-16-2012, 12:19 AM
A different team? Yes but how? New coordinators. They use their talent a little better which gives them 11 wins. Their O line will have their hands full this Sunday, trust me. We will get pressure where we need it badly-up the middle... (About time). But really, both corners are getting a little long in the tooth and make up for it by gunslinger CB style! Who ever samuel covers should run right over him on the first play and take him out of the game ( shoulder). That'll make it a little easier. These guys are a little banged up right now and they need an easy way to the pine! Give it to them!!!

I think its a good game but if we come out focused and ready to hit somebody, we'll go home with a big W. Wilson should have a big day running between the tackles. Eli gotta get rid of the ball quickly in the first half, these guys come after ya, lotta quick reads, get ready WR's!

The D gotta come up field in their gaps and stop turner or rogers before they turn the corner. Again, stopping the run is the name of the game. Make 'em one dimensional!!! Hope Webby wants to kick some Georgia butt, we need him tommorrow! Go Giants! Jints win 37-28

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 12:47 AM
double moves by our wrs all day. thats whatd id do. id also try and feature wilson in the pass game as much as the run game, that way u could lessen the pass pro responsibilities for him some. im expecting a HUGE game from wilson

Parademon
12-16-2012, 12:52 AM
We are the best team Atl will have faced all yr & if they can beat us, I'll finally believe they are a SB contender...but my gut tells me we are gonna smash em worst than we did GB!