PDA

View Full Version : Why is it?

Rodgers12
12-15-2012, 12:39 PM
The Giants matchup so well with teams like us and the Pats. I mean other then your pass rush what else is it that the matchups are so well. The Giants remind me to the Packers what the Pats did to the Colts in the 2000's where they had their number. Also they play well against great football teams and more flat against weaker teams just like the Packers do. With that said even if we dont win it this year I am pulling for the Gmen to take it again. I love the way the Giants go about their business and the way they play football. Classy football team as well.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Why is it you start so many threads on the Giants MB????

GentleGiant
12-15-2012, 12:52 PM
WHY DO YOU ACT LIKE A GIANTS FAN POSING AS A CHEESEHEAD?

primetime
12-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Bipolar Rodgers12, one thread he praises the Giants, the next he hates them.
And to answer your question, the Giants passrush when playing at a high level can disrupt any offense in the NFL. I also have to give credit to the coaching staff, they make a gameplan that dictates opposing teams weaknesses and the players execute it.

Rodgers12
12-15-2012, 12:58 PM
I am a cheesehead born and raised. That is what I said if the Packers dont go all the way I hope the Giants do.

P_Simms_#11
12-15-2012, 02:07 PM
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/travis_bickle/2face_zpsb618424c.jpg

Toadofsteel
12-15-2012, 02:09 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090223110743/heyarnold/images/a/a5/Helga.jpg

Cloud57
12-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Shouldn't you be on the Packers board

Rudyy
12-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Lol I wouldn't be surprised if he was an actual Giants fan. I've never seen a fan from a different team give ours this much praise.

Rusty192
12-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Maybe Rod12 just really like the Giants?

I hear they are a nice team.

Laurah1275
12-15-2012, 02:50 PM
He likes both teams, nothing wrong with that.....maybe GB doesn't have an awesome MB like we do ;)

Hassett00
12-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Rodgers is one of the few opposing fans that I don't mind seeing on this forum so I see no reason to bash him. He's just giving praise where praise is due. I think AP is the best running back in the NFL but does that make me a viking fan? No it doesn't.

To answer your question, Giants thrive in big games. They are a shadow of their former self in games that they 'should' win. The front four seem to up their tempo in games against the packers etc. Could be down to poor Oline protection but who knows. Like they packers did in their SB Win, The best way to win is the hard way ;)

brad
12-15-2012, 03:06 PM
The Giants matchup so well with teams like us and the Pats. I mean other then your pass rush what else is it that the matchups are so well. The Giants remind me to the Packers what the Pats did to the Colts in the 2000's where they had their number. Also they play well against great football teams and more flat against weaker teams just like the Packers do. With that said even if we dont win it this year I am pulling for the Gmen to take it again. I love the way the Giants go about their business and the way they play football. Classy football team as well.

You represent cheesehead nation well... a classy team with fans that root for good football, even if that isn't their chosen team playing. I like to think Giants fans are similar... some are some aren't. That being said... to answer your original question, I think the Giants are built to play against teams that are perennial playoff teams like NO, GB and NE. I can't answer why they come out flat against lesser teams, that is just one of those mysteries they can't seem to solve year after year.

Rodgers12
12-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Were both in a great conference. We represent baby!!! The NFC is a tough conference. New England was like the 5th best team in the league last year. The Giants, Packers, 49ers and the Saints were all better then the Pats. This year the Giants, Packers, 49ers and the Seahawks are all better then the best team in the AFC as well. Yeah our message board is terrible. I would rather talk football with other fans.

ashleymarie
12-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Thank you for your praise of the Giants. :)

DarkSaint
12-15-2012, 04:28 PM
I just hope the Giants streak of dominating last years playoff teams continue into the SuperBowl against the Broncos.

GentleGiant
12-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Were both in a great conference. We represent baby!!! The NFC is a tough conference. New England was like the 5th best team in the league last year. The Giants, Packers, 49ers and the Saints were all better then the Pats. This year the Giants, Packers, 49ers and the Seahawks are all better then the best team in the AFC as well. Yeah our message board is terrible. I would rather talk football with other fans.

I get that. It's just I've been so used to arguing with opposing fans that this just feels weird. No hard feelings. I just hope you realize that sooner or later, we're probably gonna meet in the playoffs.

Oh can you do us a favor? Kill the bears for us. I hate that franchise. People saying **** Butkis is better than LT. IGNORANCE!

G-MENBK
12-15-2012, 07:37 PM
He likes both teams, nothing wrong with that.....maybe GB doesn't have an awesome MB like we do ;)

I don't think they have a message board. A few teams don't have one for some reason.

Rusty192
12-15-2012, 11:23 PM
I don't think they have a message board. A few teams don't have one for some reason.they have one. the Packer Forum. A few of our guys went over there and made themselves at home and never left lmao.

So packer fans pretty much hate us.

Tucke
12-15-2012, 11:40 PM
so let me get this right................

The Giants beat you and yet you are proud you are in the same conference and cheer them on? Do you have any sense of manhood or pride? What if the Giants beat the packers this year(doubt it) will you high five the Giants fans?! Beer pong with big blue?

I can tell you that Aaron Rodgers probably is annoyed how he lost to this team last year. In my mind he is a superior QB to eli and i know he probably finds it absolutely embarrassed that a player of his caliber lost to the a 9-7 team..........

Also they don't own the patriots. The manning brothers are just close with NFL royalty and love getting timely bs calls to stop the pats.

The giants are like a jealous rich kid who hates being outdone by hardworking and far superior opponent . Just look at media drool over that overrated peyton manning.

Tucke
12-15-2012, 11:49 PM
The only thing i like about Giants fans is that suprisngly a lot of them admire Tom Brady. A lot have defended him with me and i thought that was pretty cool. But i know it's only because they beat us and are just laying it on . Ego is a such a funny and sensitive thing eh?

Rodgers12
12-15-2012, 11:51 PM
It is better to be gracious in defeat. I prefer to do that to the Giants since they beat us and are the better team.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Why are you guys giving Rodgers12 **** for being a classy respectful Packers fan?

Don't listen to some of these clowns Rod... I appreciate your humbleness and class

Tucke
12-15-2012, 11:57 PM
I admit the Giants are a good team as well even though i am annoyed about the SB "wins". I just feel like you lose the "killer instinct" and competitve drive when you praise your opponent too much.

Example?

Look what Tuck and Osi said about RG3. These guys are some of the best defenders in the league and yet i had the distinct sense that panties were getting wet in the Giants locker room when RG3 was mentioned. I know these guys are way tougher than me and i have no buisness talking about their toughness but still it was just weird as hell............

Tucke
12-15-2012, 11:58 PM
No offense though. you do seem like a decent guy.

Rodgers12
12-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Maybe that is why we lose to the Giants all the time cause we are praising them too much lol. I doubt we play you guys in the playoffs this year. We will end up with the Redskins/Cowboys or Bears in the wildcard round as it looks right now and you guys will get Seattle.

Tucke
12-16-2012, 12:09 AM
I just heard the pats players will be wearing decals on their helmets to honor the shooting victims. I am hoping every single team does the same as well.

Some of the victims were six year old children. may god bless them .

Rodgers12
12-16-2012, 12:17 AM
I just heard the pats players will be wearing decals on their helmets to honor the shooting victims. I am hoping every single team does the same as well.

Some of the victims were six year old children. may god bless them .
Hope every team does too as well. If we don't we should feel ashamed. I wish there was more we could do for those families in CT.

Parademon
12-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Anyways..back to why the G-men can beat the contenders but have trouble with the pretenders.

Tucke
12-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Several teachers in those schools have sacrificed themselves to protect the kids. They and their families should receive the highest honor and awards that we have to offer. I think these are the "real heros" and am sure every nfl player would agree. Teachers deserve more respect in society .

Tucke
12-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Anyways..back to why the G-men can beat the contenders but have trouble with the pretenders.
Alright dip****

Parademon
12-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Anyways... NE has gotten punched in the mouth by the G-men 3 straight times now cuz we are just too physical & always end up winning the battle of the trenches, which against a team such as NE, is essential. We are one of the few Defenses that make Brady uncomfortable in the pocket & give him happy feet. NE has scored 14-20-17 pts in their last 3 games vs us. about 17 pts below their per game avg of 30+ a game.

I'm looking forward to their matchup with SF tomorrow night as I feel they are the only other NFC team other than us that can beat NE.

Parademon
12-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Alright dip****

STFU maggot! I'm here to talk football, not about anything else!

Tucke
12-16-2012, 12:39 AM
worry about the falcons.

greenca190
12-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Rodgers is one of the few opposing fans that I don't mind seeing on this forum so I see no reason to bash him. He's just giving praise where praise is due. I think AP is the best running back in the NFL but does that make me a viking fan? No it doesn't.

To answer your question, Giants thrive in big games. They are a shadow of their former self in games that they 'should' win. The front four seem to up their tempo in games against the packers etc. Could be down to poor Oline protection but who knows. Like they packers did in their SB Win, The best way to win is the hard way ;)

he's an alright poster, until you disagree with him on something.

then he is a complete dumbass.

Aaron Rodgers is a ****ing thin skinned *****, still.

Rodgers12
12-16-2012, 02:22 AM
he's an alright poster, until you disagree with him on something.

then he is a complete dumbass.

Aaron Rodgers is a ****ing thin skinned *****, still.

GreenCA im rooting for the Giants tommorow.

zimonami
12-16-2012, 02:27 AM
Several teachers in those schools have sacrificed themselves to protect the kids. They and their families should receive the highest honor and awards that we have to offer. I think these are the "real heros" and am sure every nfl player would agree. Teachers deserve more respect in society .
There are civilian awards that the President can bestow... we'll have to see if it happens.

greenca190
12-16-2012, 03:55 AM
GreenCA im rooting for the Giants tommorow.

Look at my avatar. You think I give a **** what you think?

Captain Chaos
12-16-2012, 07:46 AM
I think it has to do with the 4-3 scheme and how it matches up against passing style O's, just like the 3-4 matches up against running teams!