PDA

View Full Version : I know, off topic... What are you gonna do, suspend me for two days???

Tentarium
02-21-2007, 05:09 PM
*This following message was from the Mods*...</P>

</P>

</P>

2-Day Suspensions will begin to go out to those that continue to post in the wrong forum.</P>

Specifically posting everything in TAGF. </P>

If you have a draft related topic, post in the draft forum. </P>

Topics regarding other teams and other sports go in General Sports etc...</P>

Many of you here are great posters and we do not want to suspend anyone, so please
just follow these very simple rules.</P>

We would rather spend our time removing inappropriate users from this MB than to waste time moving threads that could easily have been created in the correct forum.</P>

Thank you!
</P>

The same can be said about multiple new threads started on the same topic. It's as simple as scanning the board before you post, because chances are very good that someone has already posted the same information. It is completely unnacceptable and it has to stop, or this too will bring about suspensions. </P>

</P>

Also, if you want to post something thats off topic and not related to the Giants in any way, do NOT post it anywhere on these boards. Saying "sorry, I know it's Off Topic, but...." doesn't make it acceptable. There are plently of other boards out there to talk about that kind of thing.</P>

</P>

Thanks</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

*My message to you guys*...</P>

Don't you think that a 2 day suspension, is a little harsh, for repeating an idea...People make mistakes all the time...There arethreads that shouldn't be in the TAGFForum right now,but there's nothing being done aboutthat...So,that's a mistake by you guys...You guys only wanted Giants related threads,video game threadsand the rival forum...We're in the off season right now...If youthink that we're not gonna repeat eachother,you're crazy..."It's as simple as scanning the board before you post"...Oh yea,that's extremely easy...There are only,31,137 members with six different forums...Do you expect me to lookateverythread that pops up on this message board???Yea,you could only read the titles,but when someone makes a thread,it doesn't always stay on one topic...No matter what you do,people are gonna repeat eachother...If this rule was actually put into effect,this place would be even more of a ghost town...
</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-21-2007, 05:17 PM
oooooooooooooo....

THEY ARE GONNA TAKE AWAY UR AVATAR!!!!

bigjeep
02-21-2007, 05:23 PM

</P>

</P>

2-Day Suspensions will begin to go out to those that continue to post in the wrong forum.</P>

Many of you here are great posters and we do not want to suspend anyone, so please

We would rather spend our time removing inappropriate users from this MB than to waste time moving threads that could easily have been created in the correct forum.</P>

Thank you!
</P>

The same can be said about multiple new threads started on the same topic. It's as simple as scanning the board before you post, because chances are very good that someone has already posted the same information. It is completely unnacceptable and it has to stop, or this too will bring about suspensions. </P>

</P>

Also, if you want to post something thats off topic and not related to the Giants in any way, do NOT post it anywhere on these boards. Saying "sorry, I know it's Off Topic, but...." doesn't make it acceptable. There are plently of other boards out there to talk about that kind of thing.</P>

</P>

Thanks</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Don't you think that a 2 day suspensionn is a little harsh, for repeating an idea...People make mistakes all the time...There arethreads that shouldn't be in the TAGFForum right now,but there's nothing being done aboutthat...So,that's a mistake by you guys...You guys only wanted Giants related threads,video game threadsand the rival forum...We're in the off season right now...If youthink that we're not gonna repeat eachother,you're crazy..."It's as simple as scanning the board before you post"...Oh yea,that's extremely easy...There are only,31,137 members with six different forums...Do you expect me to lookateverythread that pops up on this message board???Yea,you could only read the titles,but when someone makes a thread,it doesn't always stay on one topic...No matter what you do,people are gonna repeat eachother...If this rule was actually put into effect,this place would be even more of a ghost town...
</P>

</P>

I must agree, it sounds silly</P>

Bluedude2
02-21-2007, 05:25 PM

</P>

</P>

Thank you!
</P>

</P>

</P>

Thanks</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Don't you think that a 2 day suspensionn is a little harsh, for repeating an idea...People make mistakes all the time...There arethreads that shouldn't be in the TAGFForum right now,but there's nothing being done aboutthat...So,that's a mistake by you guys...You guys only wanted Giants related threads,video game threadsand the rival forum...We're in the off season right now...If youthink that we're not gonna repeat eachother,you're crazy..."It's as simple as scanning the board before you post"...Oh yea,that's extremely easy...There are only,31,137 members with six different forums...Do you expect me to lookateverythread that pops up on this message board???Yea,you could only read the titles,but when someone makes a thread,it doesn't always stay on one topic...No matter what you do,people are gonna repeat eachother...If this rule was actually put into effect,this place would be even more of a ghost town...
</P> Two days off this board is hardly harsh. how often has this punishment really been enforced? Non-issue

MattMeyerBud
02-21-2007, 05:27 PM
two days... PER WORD OF BLASPHEMY TOWARDS THE MODS... BEWARE!!!

:)

Tentarium
02-21-2007, 05:29 PM
oooooooooooooo.... THEY ARE GONNA TAKE AWAY UR AVATAR!!!!</P>

If this was a joke by you, it was funnybecause they did take my avatar before, loll...If you knew about that,thenI feel like an idiot, loll...</P>

Tentarium
02-21-2007, 05:29 PM
two days... PER WORD OF BLASPHEMY TOWARDS THE MODS... BEWARE!!! :)</P>

Loll...</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-21-2007, 05:30 PM
lol na i just said it to be an @ss

HuFfNtImNeEdToGo
02-21-2007, 05:30 PM
who're the mods, and how did they become one?

Tentarium
02-21-2007, 05:31 PM
lol na i just said it to be an @ss</P>

Oh, loll...</P>

Tentarium
02-21-2007, 05:32 PM
who're the mods, and how did they become one?</P>

First,you have to go to the school of terrible negotiating skills...If this was a bad joke,KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES, loll...</P>

Shockey+Manning=Shocking
02-21-2007, 05:33 PM

</P>

</P>

Thank you!
</P>

</P>

</P>

Thanks</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

It's for people who do it often and just care about the rules. And yeah what I normally do, if check the first two pages of a section before I create a post, and if an article or something is posted, than i just repond to the others one. Plus 6 different forums is nothing, many of the other MBs for other teams have 12 or 13, and still things manage to run smoothly. Plus no one is going to suspend you for making a mistake, or at least they shouldnt, but if you keep doing the same stuff over and over than this would pertain to you. </P>

HuFfNtImNeEdToGo
02-21-2007, 05:36 PM

First,you have to go to the school of terrible negotiating skills...If this was a bad joke,KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES, loll...</P>

</P>

what?</P>

Tentarium
02-21-2007, 05:38 PM

</P>

</P>

Thank you!
</P>

</P>

</P>

Thanks</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

It's for people who do it often and just care about the rules. And yeah what I normally do, if check the first two pages of a section before I create a post, and if an article or something is posted, than i just repond to the others one. Plus 6 different forums is nothing, many of the other MBs for other teams have 12 or 13, and still things manage to run smoothly. Plus no one is going to suspend you for making a mistake, or at least they shouldnt, but if you keep doing the same stuff over and over than this would pertain to you. </P>

</P>

Oh, it didn't say that in the message...Ithought that it was a one strike, kind of thing...If they take my avatar away because of this message,I will be forced to yell at my computer... Loll...</P>

Tentarium
02-21-2007, 05:39 PM

</P>

what?</P>

</P>

"If this was a bad joke,KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES, loll..."I asked for one thing, loll...</P>

hungrrrry
02-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Yep this is off-topic and very useless...Look...the internet is a cool thing and you do things on it that, in most instances,you can't in real life....like, say you want to stand up to your boss and tell him what you REALLY want to tell him, on the internet you can, in some ways, do just that and then you can go back to your cowardly reality of obediance...That's just an example of a cowardly way to stand up to, uh, authority? But good for you for practicing on the internet, maybe one day you will venture out into the real world and practice what you have learned! :)</P>

</P>

Tentarium
02-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Yep this is off-topic and very useless...Look...the internet is a cool thing and you do things on it that, in most instances,you can't in real life....like, say you want to stand up to your boss and tell him what you REALLY want to tell him, on the internet you can, in some ways, do just that and then you can go back to your cowardly reality of obediance...That's just an example of a cowardly way to stand up to, uh, authority? But good for you for practicing on the internet, maybe one day you will venture out into the real world and practice what you have learned! :)</P>

</P>

</P>

I'm not sure if this post was a compliment or not, loll...Well,I've already ventured...</P>

Tommy_Ribs
02-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Is it harsh?

Well it is harsh for people who make a legitimate mistake. But, all suspensions are considered before going into effect.

What it is really set up for is for people who think this Message is their personal Message board and not a community, and they will willy-nilly create three or four topics that have already been created once or twice.

Or for people who decide to start the same Eli sucks or Pierce is a midget thread every day three times a day.

So for those people it is not harsh.

We actually don't like having to suspend people, we really don't, and for the most part 99% of the people on here are awesome, but the other 1% can make it bad real fast if they want to.

One thing I personally promised and have tried to do since becoming a mod is protect the 99 from the 1, and this is part of that, by making the boards topical, and keeping the content as multi-topiced as possible.

If someone honestly makes a mistake, it is no big deal, but when people hi-jack the boards, the have to be dealt with.

You all may or may not have noticed a lot fewer trolls from opposing teams in here. Well we have taken a zero tolerance policy from those people. In fact I personally have spent hours going through new user registrations looking at people's user names, and if they have a Troll name, like Eli sucks or Shocky Sucks, we disapprove them and they never make it on here.

Let them go somewhere else.

We also have been banning people's IP addresses when they get a permanent ban, and this has been partially successful b/c a couple of people we threw off the boards begged to be let back on and we told them no.

So the goal is to make the boards as enjoyable as possible.

Your continued feedback is not only welcome, but necessary going forward.

Thanks

hungrrrry
02-21-2007, 06:22 PM

</P>

</P>

I'm not sure if this post was a compliment or not, loll...Well,I've already ventured...</P>

</P>

I'm rarely bright and cheery!</P>

Tentarium
02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Is it harsh?

Well it is harsh for people who make a legitimate mistake. But, all suspensions are considered before going into effect.

What it is really set up for is for people who think this Message is their personal Message board and not a community, and they will willy-nilly create three or four topics that have already been created once or twice.

Or for people who decide to start the same Eli sucks or Pierce is a midget thread every day three times a day.

We actually don't like having to suspend people, we really don't, and for the most part 99% of the people on here are awesome, but the other 1% can make it bad real fast if they want to.

One thing I personally promised and have tried to do since becoming a mod is protect the 99 from the 1, and this is part of that, by making the boards topical, and keeping the content as multi-topiced as possible.

If someone honestly makes a mistake, it is no big deal, but when people hi-jack the boards, the have to be dealt with.

You all may or may not have noticed a lot fewer trolls from opposing teams in here. Well we have taken a zero tolerance policy from those people. In fact I personally have spent hours going through new user registrations looking at people's user names, and if they have a Troll name, like Eli sucks or Shocky Sucks, we disapprove them and they never make it on here.

We also have been banning people's IP addresses when they get a permanent ban, and this has been partially successful b/c a couple of people we threw off the boards begged to be let back on and we told them no.

Thanks
</P>

Oh, I get what you're trying to say now...Good point...The only thing that I would disagree with,is the 1 percent troll, 99 percent good user theory...There's a higher percentage of trolls,but you guys are lowering thepercentage of trolls every day...Good job...</P>

GiantsWinAlltime
02-21-2007, 06:46 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I'm rarely bright and cheery!</P>or smart.

Tentarium
02-21-2007, 06:47 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I'm rarely bright and cheery!</P>

or smart.</P>

Ooo...That would be classified under,attacking other members...Loll,just kidding...</P>

CDN_G-FAN
02-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Take it from a guy who spends alot of time here.</P>

If a 2 day suspension during the offseason seems harsh, then someone needs to re-prioritize.</P>

That being said, as a Canadian (we follow the law, eh) as long as parameters are set, i don't see what's so hard in following them.</P>

It's kinda like the "don't litter" laws across North America. Yeah, if your a total lazy knuckle-dragger you can just toss everything that ends up in your hands on the ground.</P>

But we all benefit if you make that absolutely minimum effort and chuck stuff in the trash.</P>

Lesson? Take the time and don't "cyber litter" on our boards.</P>

taylormadeinpa
02-21-2007, 08:03 PM
now i know why my avatar vanish in to thin air..lol lol lol

gibril28wilson
02-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Is it harsh?

Thanks

i remember the days when Tommy_Ribs was a regular poster... *sniffle*, i miss those days

Shockey+Manning=Shocking
02-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Is it harsh?

Thanks
</P>

Oh, I get what you're trying to say now...Good point...The only thing that I would disagree with,is the 1 percent troll, 99 percent good user theory...There's a higher percentage of trolls,but you guys are lowering thepercentage of trolls every day...Good job...</P>

</P>

</P>

Actually i can buy 1% trolls.. 1% of 31,000 is 310. I def dont think we have 310 trolls running around, because i am sure that would be noticable.</P>

AsianGiant
02-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Take it from a guy who spends alot of time here.</p>

If a 2 day suspension during the offseason seems harsh, then someone needs to re-prioritize.</p>

That being said, as a Canadian (we follow the law, eh) as long as parameters are set, i don't see what's so hard in following them.</p>

It's kinda like the "don't litter" laws across North America. Yeah, if your a total lazy knuckle-dragger you can just toss everything that ends up in your hands on the ground.</p>

But we all benefit if you make that absolutely minimum effort and chuck stuff in the trash.</p>

Lesson? Take the time and don't "cyber litter" on our boards.</p>

Very well said, I had to respond to your post since no one else has.

2 Day suspension is nothing. I think back in the days, people were suspended for weeks.

I mean, it could be worse, they could remove their "suspensions" altogether and just ban you
outright...

CDN_G-FAN
02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Take it from a guy who spends alot of time here.</P>

If a 2 day suspension during the offseason seems harsh, then someone needs to re-prioritize.</P>

That being said, as a Canadian (we follow the law, eh) as long as parameters are set, i don't see what's so hard in following them.</P>

It's kinda like the "don't litter" laws across North America. Yeah, if your a total lazy knuckle-dragger you can just toss everything that ends up in your hands on the ground.</P>

But we all benefit if you make that absolutely minimum effort and chuck stuff in the trash.</P>

Lesson? Take the time and don't "cyber litter" on our boards.</P>

Very well said, I had to respond to your post since no one else has.

2 Day suspension is nothing. I think back in the days, people were suspended for weeks.

I mean, it could be worse, they could remove their "suspensions" altogether and just ban you
outright...

</P>

Thanks, blood.</P>

It's just not that hard.</P>

Kid's these days. Sheesh.......</P>

Moderator_J
02-22-2007, 12:40 AM
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/250328.aspx (/forums/thread/250328.aspx)</P>

</P>

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you missed the point of this thread</P>

Thank you for understanding</P>

hungrrrry
02-22-2007, 01:00 AM
since it is clear this guy just wanted to get a rise out of you mods...how about banning people for trying to get a rise out of mods? It's a stupid thread why give it credance? </P>

I know I know...I responded to it but I am just trying to give the guy a hard time, lol[:)]</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-22-2007, 12:39 PM
bump

Sorry, im a trouble maker...

:)