PDA

View Full Version : MYERS: NOW'S WHEN THEY BECOME GIANTS

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 06:32 AM
[/URL][url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/myers-giants-article-1.1221101 (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/myers-giants-article-1.1221101)

And it’s a good bet on Sunday that the Falcons will be out for some revenge.

“I think it’s definitely going to stick with them,” said Giants safety Antrel Rolle. “If the tables were turned I know it would definitely stick with me. Those guys are going to come out and they’re going to be hunting for us.”

When the hunt begins in the Georgia Dome on Sunday afternoon, the Falcons (11-2) won’t just be chasing down the defending Super Bowl champions. They’re looking to show they’re ready to replace them. The Giants (8-5) believe the Falcons are a much better team than the one that was spanked in the wild-card playoffs at the Meadowlands last January. The Falcons want to prove it, too.

And they’re not the only ones with something to prove. The Giants — who will be without starting running back Ahmad Bradshaw and two starting defensive backs (cornerback Prince Amukamara and safety Kenny Phillips) — are still stuck in a fight in the NFC East, holding a one-game lead and knowing that if they lose they could slip all the way to third place in their division. They also want to reassert themselves as real Super Bowl contenders.

What better way to do that than to win on the road against the NFC’s top team?

“The Falcons have everything to play for, but so do we,” said Giants defensive tackle Chris Canty. “We have everything to play for to get our season to where we want to be. It’s all in front of us.” Read more...

Captain Chaos
12-16-2012, 06:35 AM
The implications are clear, they beat the dirty birds and the only team they haven't beaten this year that will likely make the playoffs is the Seattle or Bears...

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 07:40 AM
The implications are clear, they beat the dirty birds and the only team they haven't beaten this year that will likely make the playoffs is the Seattle or Bears...

I am SO glad it's a 1:00 p.m. game