PDA

View Full Version : Niners are screwing us! ..Instead of simply releasing Jacobs they put him on suspend

Mr.TRUEBLUE
12-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Niners are screwing us! ..Instead of simply releasing Jacobs they suspend him knowing full well we could've used him down the stretch ..I mean why not? isn't like they are? .. Even if we get healthy Jacobs could be still used as a decoy and blocking back to spell Hynoski ....

penguinfarmer
12-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Since we're past the trading deadline and Jacobs is a vested player, he would need to be waived in which there are several teams that have their chance at Jacobs before the Giants.

Mr.TRUEBLUE
12-16-2012, 07:32 AM
If they released him BJac would MOST DEF choose N.Y. Even to be used as a blocking back at this point who may get only 3 or 4 looks all game. Still better than how he was used by Harbaugh

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 07:33 AM
We don't have any idea whether the team would invite him back. The 49ers are screwing Jacobs, not the Giants

penguinfarmer
12-16-2012, 07:47 AM
If they released him BJac would MOST DEF choose N.Y. Even to be used as a blocking back at this point who may get only 3 or 4 looks all game. Still better than how he was used by Harbaugh

Again, he has no say as being released is different than being waived. He would have to clear the waiver wire. Only then is he free to negotiate with any team he wishes. And saying he would "MOST DEFINITELY" choose NY is still speculation.

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Again, he has no say as being released is different than being waived. He would have to clear the waiver wire. Only then is he free to negotiate with any team he wishes. And saying he would "MOST DEFINITELY" choose NY is still speculation.

Any team with a worser ecord than the Giants could claim him

Die-Hard
12-16-2012, 08:04 AM

He said point blank that the only team he wants to play for is the Giants

penguinfarmer
12-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Where and when?

stormblue
12-16-2012, 08:06 AM
stop with this nonsense already.
we let him go for the same reason they weren't using him out there.
why would we want to waste a roster spot.
he is not even close to being his former self.
you BJ homers need to let it go.

Gimaniac
12-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Niners don't want to face an angry Jacobs in the playoffs. Neither would I.

Die-Hard
12-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Where and when?

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today Sports, who provided blanket coverage of the Giants for many seasons, the only team that Jacobs is currently willing to play for is the Giants (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/niners/2012/12/10/san-francisco-49ers-brandon-jacobs-suspended-wants-to-return-to-new-york-giants/1759659/). By placing Jacobs on their suspended list for the rest of the season, the 49ers have blocked such a move until the 2013 offseason. Jacobs, however, is planning to file an appeal (https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/278298378142642176) to either be reinstated, receive his remaining pay or his release.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-suspend-brandon-jacobs-wants-play-giants-225131217--nfl.html

Die-Hard
12-16-2012, 08:14 AM
stop with this nonsense already.
we let him go for the same reason they weren't using him out there.
why would we want to waste a roster spot.
he is not even close to being his former self.
you BJ homers need to let it go.

I'm certainly no Jacobs homer, and I was glad to see him go because he STILL can't stop running his mouth, and this time, he has to pay for it. That being said, he's an excellent blocker and an excellent motivator/leader on the field, and with our Oline so banged up, and with so many young, inexperienced guys on this team, we could use a guy like Jacobs just for those reasons alone.

hungrrrry
12-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Niners are screwing us! ..Instead of simply releasing Jacobs they suspend him knowing full well we could've used him down the stretch ..I mean why not? isn't like they are? .. Even if we get healthy Jacobs could be still used as a decoy and blocking back to spell Hynoski ....this is old news already...Jacobs was let go because he didn't want to meet the Giants where they wanted to be on his contract so they let him go and that was over $500,000 difference...that is all he signed for in SF. He could help out in a full-back role/passing downs. He is not a "hands" guy so he is no more effective as a checkdown than Wilson. I would bring him in at the vet min but thats about it...he doesn't have much left in the twinkle toes role....actually he never had that

Toadofsteel
12-16-2012, 08:21 AM
At the beginning of the season, letting him go made sense. But now we're without Brown or Scott, while Bradshaw is held together by scotch tape... If, God forbid, something were to happen to Wilson, we're SOL on our running game (which is why I now agree he needs to stop doing backflips in the end zone). I guarantee you that had Jacobs not been on the 49ers when Brown got hurt, he would have had a call from JR that very night...

Dwinsballgames
12-16-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm certainly no Jacobs homer, and I was glad to see him go because he STILL can't stop running his mouth, and this time, he has to pay for it. That being said, he's an excellent blocker and an excellent motivator/leader on the field, and with our Oline so banged up, and with so many young, inexperienced guys on this team, we could use a guy like Jacobs just for those reasons alone.

I agree. He also knows the offense, he knows all the protections, etc. Anyone who thinks he would not be a better option for depth than Lumpkin or Torraine is just a BJ hater. Moot point as SF is not going to release him and even if they do we may not be able to get him.

jomo
12-16-2012, 08:30 AM
We don't have any idea whether the team would invite him back. The 49ers are screwing Jacobs, not the GiantsI didn't know the 49ers had an obligation to help us out. :confused:

BlueSanta
12-16-2012, 08:50 AM
I didn't know the 49ers had an obligation to help us out. :confused:

Jacobs will always be a Giants. But put yourself in their shoes. They had a player who was badmouthing his team, and who was barely playing. The suspension was their best move for their team.

That doesnt mean I am not routing for BJ to win his appeal.

drewz
12-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Damn those 49ers for looking out for their best interests!

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Can't really blame the 49ers. If the shoe was on the other foot, we wouldn't the Giants to release him.

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Can't really blame the 49ers. If the shoe was on the other foot, we wouldn't the Giants to release him.

The 49ers are actually being smart. Any team in playoff contention would do what they are doing.

miked1958
12-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Niners are screwing us! ..Instead of simply releasing Jacobs they suspend him knowing full well we could've used him down the stretch ..I mean why not? isn't like they are? .. Even if we get healthy Jacobs could be still used as a decoy and blocking back to spell Hynoski ....what did you expect them to do? Wish him well and give him their blessings to go back to ny or another playoff team that SF may meet in the coming weeks? They did what any other team would do

Flip Empty
12-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Exactly.

This board just loves to play the victim card.

GameTime
12-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Niners are screwing us! ..Instead of simply releasing Jacobs they suspend him knowing full well we could've used him down the stretch ..I mean why not? isn't like they are? .. Even if we get healthy Jacobs could be still used as a decoy and blocking back to spell Hynoski ....
Its a smart move by the Niners. Its leagal and he brought it upon himself by saying the things he said. They have to have a reason to suspend them and he gave them that reason.
Jacobs is not a FB and wouldnt spell Hynoski. Why would Hynoski need to be "spelled" anyway.

gmen0820
12-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Exactly. This board just loves to play the victim card.But everyone hates us :'(

brad
12-16-2012, 09:58 AM
BJ was a great RB for the Giants, but that time has come and gone. He made the decision to move on to another team and is now facing the repercussions of that decision. Maybe next time he will, as I tell my son, "Make better choices". Having him would be a nice luxury right now, but he wouldn't be starting here either, so I don't think he would be happy either way. Honestly, I don't see him being the difference between another SB for the Giants, and I don't think they would get the opportunity to claim him off waivers, someone else would take him before the Giants could. So, the only one being "screwed" is BJ, and he brought that on himself by going to a team where he had no chance to start... everyone could see that from the beginning, except him.

JesseJames
12-16-2012, 10:35 AM
BJ was just saying all the things he felt he needed to say to try to get his outright release but it backfired on him, if I were the 49ers I would have done the same thing because as someone said here they didn't want to meet a pissed off Jacobs back with the Giants in the playoffs who knew all the 49ers playbook..

Joe Morrison
12-16-2012, 10:40 AM
BJ was just saying all the things he felt he needed to say to try to get his outright release but it backfired on him, if I were the 49ers I would have done the same thing because as someone said here they didn't want to meet a pissed off Jacobs back with the Giants in the playoffs who knew all the 49ers playbook..
There is no way they let any team get their hands on Jacobs for a possible show down with him in the playoffs, is that hard to figure out?

RagTime Blue
12-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Jacobs was let go from NYG because he's not very good. He once was, but IS not. Happens to every athlete.

Reese won't say that, out of respect. And he required that the 'Niners spend good money on him, by making them think we were just a few bucks off in negotiations. I firmly believe that JR NEVER wanted him in camp. Can you imagine how pissed Harbaugh was to see what they got in training camp for all that money?? If he was any good, don't you think they'd be using him at least a little??

And you don't waste a roster spot on a "motivator".

ImElectric2
12-16-2012, 12:40 PM
BUT WHAT ABOUT STEVIE BROWN?? WHO GETS #27??

Cool Papa B.
12-16-2012, 12:54 PM

Can you blame the 49ers?

Jacobs is healthy, well rested and has a tremendous chip on his shoulder. He's exactly what the Giants or any team in the playoff hunt needs right now. Why would the 49ers help another team beat them? Why should they?