PDA

View Full Version : No excuse for Gilbride today

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 03:37 PM
He's riding Lumpkin to a shutout. This is totally inexcusable.

I've never been a fan of Gilbride's system, and today, this could possibly be the worst game plan I have ever seen.

I know Eli has had a rough game. But the Falcons look completely prepared for everything the Giants have attempted.

brad
12-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Definitely time to make a decision and it should be to fire KG immediately

giantsfan420
yeah i have to agree. no excuse for eli either although didnt seem like he was given much of a chance. this was terrible and tbh, this kina performance gets a coach fired. maybe not HC, but def someones heads rolling for this up and down bs...

Rudyy
Careful now..the coach homers are going to storm you with the "It's all execution" posts.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Careful now..the coach homers are going to storm you with the "It's all execution" posts.

how was eli?

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 03:39 PM

I've never been a fan of Gilbride's system, and today, this could possibly be the worst game plan I have ever seen.

I know Eli has had a rough game. But the Falcons look completely prepared for everything the Giants have attempted.It's pretty easy to prepare for Gilbride's playcalling

Generation Eli
12-16-2012, 03:40 PM
yea its all lack of execution of KG.

How come no 1 bright up the fact that the one semi creative player he ran, he stole from me...no joke

Rudyy
how was eli?Oh don't get me wrong, Eli was absolutely pathetic.
The play calling was just as pathetic.

Generation Eli
when 40% of ur calls are a draw, its very easy.

ukgiantstyke
12-16-2012, 03:41 PM
It's pretty easy to prepare for Gilbride's playcalling

You need to prepare is what suprises me, you only need to prepare for 3 plays....

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 03:42 PM
i dont get why we didnt run wilson early and often. we had success doing that. wtf...this was a horrible approach to the game. this is a clear example of a bad strategy imo and it doesnt get more blatant than this. we absolutely had zero chance from the start, and atl looked like they were in our huddle. they were prepared and ready for everything...ur not gonna out execute a team in that situation

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 03:43 PM

Perfect example of what I'm talking about....

Down 34-0, you finally go back to Wilson, and he turns in a good play.

Then, go back to Lumpkin, who turns it over.

I'm calling this game The Lumpkin Bowl.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 03:43 PM
i dont get why we didnt run wilson early and often. we had success doing that. wtf...this was a horrible approach to the game. this is a clear example of a bad strategy imo and it doesnt get more blatant than this. we absolutely had zero chance from the start, and atl looked like they were in our huddle. they were prepared and ready for everything...ur not gonna out execute a team in that situationLet's not focus on that, let's focus on how much Eli has sucked.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Perfect example of what I'm talking about....

Down 34-0, you finally go back to Wilson, and he turns in a good play.

Then, go back to Lumpkin, who turns it over.

I'm calling this game The Lumpkin Bowl.Why was Wilson taken out anyway?

gmen0820
12-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Damn did they blow today or what? Lol

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 03:45 PM
If I'm Jerry Reese, I'm ****ing livid right now while I watch my OC ride a journeyman RB over my 1st round draft pick.

Sorry, **** anyone who is going to pin this game on Eli. He had **** to work with in terms of a game plan.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Why was Wilson taken out anyway?

I'm guessing it's because Gilbride is a ****ing moron.

rtahsin
12-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Sometimes I get confused Rudyy if you're more of a coach or player execution basher. What I mean is that in certain weeks I feel you criticize the players exclusively and then some weeks you bash PF or KG. Just a curious question.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Sometimes I get confused Rudyy if you're more of a coach or player execution basher. What I mean is that in certain weeks I feel you criticize the players exclusively and then some weeks you bash PF or KG. Just a curious question.It depends. I think a loss is on everyone, not specific players and personnel.

This loss is on everyone. Eli didn't play well, defense didn't play well, and the coaches didn't do their job.
I may sound like I hate the coaches and everything, but I don't. Lots of people want to just go ahead and blame Eli for everything, and that's totally not fair.
In addition, sometimes people blame the coaches for everything and that's not fair as well.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, Eli was absolutely pathetic.

+1

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 03:58 PM

I know Eli has had a rough game. But the Falcons look completely prepared for everything the Giants have attempted.

I hear you. My thing is this. We all know that he has had plenty of success in New York, but something has to be wrong when you get offered no HC jobs when you win two Superbowls and have many playoff appearances. My thing is why doesn't he get offered any jobs with his resume. He is absolute garbage. I don't think he is ever going to get another head coaching job in the pros or college.

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Why was Wilson taken out anyway?Because we have a "genius" HC!

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 04:00 PM
John Mara must be really proud today.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, Eli was absolutely pathetic.

what plays would you call coach ruddy?

rtahsin
12-16-2012, 04:10 PM
It depends. I think a loss is on everyone, not specific players and personnel.

This loss is on everyone. Eli didn't play well, defense didn't play well, and the coaches didn't do their job.
I may sound like I hate the coaches and everything, but I don't. Lots of people want to just go ahead and blame Eli for everything, and that's totally not fair.
In addition, sometimes people blame the coaches for everything and that's not fair as well.Btw, talk about abusing the draw. Man there was one series where we ran that play 3 times straight. It was good until it was working but then they ran it too many times in a row and got predictable. At that point the play got overused.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 04:12 PM
+1

what plays would you like called? or are we just complaining to complain?

Eliscruzzz
this is the second time I turned off a Giants game this season just pathetic by all of them they better hope dallas loses today cause we are in deep **** cause washington won with Kirk Cousins. I'm so ashamed that they let the Falcons blow them out.....just pathetic. They don't deserve to win crap.

Rudyy
Btw, talk about abusing the draw. Man there was one series where we ran that play 3 times straight. It was good until it was working but then they ran it too many times in a row and got predictable. At that point the play got overused.You know your play calling is horrible when the fans know it's coming. I think the draw worked like once..and after the third and fourth time, no gain.

Why no short passes?

Why no huddle? Why?

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Btw, talk about abusing the draw. Man there was one series where we ran that play 3 times straight. It was good until it was working but then they ran it too many times in a row and got predictable. At that point the play got overused.

The pitchout to Wilson was working great today.

But, Gilbride figued the Lumpkin draw play was unstoppable, I guess.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 04:58 PM
what plays would you like called? or are we just complaining to complain?

not sure what this means, but i just hope everyone doesnt point the blame to just one person. My job here is to make sure the blame is spread evenly. The offensive line didnt play good but they weren't at fault on the 2 interceptions Eli threw today. Most people on here blame the play calling over blaming eli. Im here to let you know ELi also was a big part of why we lost.

I personally dont mind the shotgun draw because its not there to throw teams off guard, its there so teams dont fully commit to the pass when we are in that formation. But there were some plays where everyone saw it coming. TC made some bad coaching decisions as well. This loss is mainly on the offense and the blame should be spread evenly.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 05:01 PM
You know your play calling is horrible when the fans know it's coming. I think the draw worked like once..and after the third and fourth time, no gain.

Why no short passes?

Why no huddle? Why?

the draw worked many times today

TopleyBird
12-16-2012, 05:13 PM
It was really our best play

giant-4-life
12-16-2012, 05:15 PM
as long as TC remains coach, He'll have Gilbride here terrorizing us fans.

DarkSaint
12-16-2012, 05:32 PM
i dont get why we didnt run wilson early and often. we had success doing that. wtf...this was a horrible approach to the game. this is a clear example of a bad strategy imo and it doesnt get more blatant than this. we absolutely had zero chance from the start, and atl looked like they were in our huddle. they were prepared and ready for everything...ur not gonna out execute a team in that situation

agreed! time to toss the playbook and simplify the offense to take advantage of our skilled players. Seriously we have a lot of weapons but our 5 year old "complex" playbook is outdated and the defenses already know what's coming. The plays are the same, just the names on the back of the jersey's are different. This is probably why talented players like Nicks,Cruz and Bennett can't create separation. You can even throw in Jernigans, super fast guy but no separation. Same with Barden and Randle. We have talent and one of the smartest quaterback in the game. I believe he does more guessing where the the wr is going to be instead of scanning the field. We have won with this group and can again, but our plabybook is outdated along with our offensive coordinator.

Razur
12-16-2012, 05:37 PM
as long as TC remains coach, He'll have Gilbride here terrorizing us fans.

And there it is..we all see the sloppy plays by the players, I saw Eli again losing track of the play clock,throwing in the dirt, sailing, and into tight coverages. and the plays were so damn predictable, with the exception of 4 th go for it..that was a surprise considering we sucked at the 3rd down attempt. Wilson tried to pick up blitzes but got beat a few times, and Deihl..well...if anyone still insists this guy is useful as a starter..I don't get it. Oline really lost this game because they couldn't block...anyone!

Defense was no better, LB's were still shifting and calling plays 1/2 second before the sanp..out of position most of the game. Webster...the sucky one showed up today...yeah it was a disaster..all over.

Now...here is where we are in deep crap...TC has pretty much run out of " speeches ", and PF hasn't been able to get his defense to amount to anything but mediocre all season. KG is...what he's alwasy been...just a journey man coach..nothing extrodinary, no genius..and they are having to deal with a players that comes out on fire one week and flat the next...The onus of preparation is on ON & DC..and both of these guys are scrambling to find some plays that will work to save their jobs..not motivate players, to play better, but make BIG plays...we are at a wall right now..and nobody is offering any inspiration to the players...They look timid, unsure and physically weak on the field..that tells me they are NOT being managed to handle the game they are facing., but are looking at what they DIDN'T do right the week before.. That's why we see them looking unprepared..because they are. And that IS on the coaches..

Redeyejedi
12-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Is Gilbride the 1 throwing interceptions?. Is Gilbride the 1 not running for a first down on 4th down? Is Gilbride the 1 missing a wide open Hakeem Nicks down the middle of the field? Is Gilbride Missing Chip shot FG"s? This game got out of hand because ELi was putrid end of story

Redeyejedi
12-16-2012, 05:54 PM
what plays would you like called? or are we just complaining to complain?Just complaining, was it the wrong call down 14-0 to have Hakeem Nicks run a post route on 1st and 10 from thew 20 because he was wide frickin open and Eli Missed him

I Hate T.O.
I just dont know why they didnt come out the second half with the hurry up?...Nope...kept trying to get that ground game going...LOL..Runs when we should pass...passes when we should run....guy is a ******

bigbluetribe
its just the nature of the entire offense that contributes to missed blocks and stupid throws. a simpler offense would do us wonders so shove it with the coments how its not gilbride, how naive are you? you probably think this country isnt in a depression either jeez

Redeyejedi
12-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I just dont know why they didnt come out the second half with the hurry up?...Nope...kept trying to get that ground game going...LOL..Runs when we should pass...passes when we should run....guy is a ******It was over. It was 24-0 at that point you are trying to have Eli not get injured because the line wasnt protecting him

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Just complaining, was it the wrong call down 14-0 to have Hakeem Nicks run a post route on 1st and 10 from thew 20 because he was wide frickin open and Eli Missed him

excatly and what about when Eli could have run for the first...we have won with these coaches and players..today was miserable but we still control our playoff destiny.

DarkSaint
12-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Is Gilbride the 1 throwing interceptions?. Is Gilbride the 1 not running for a first down on 4th down? Is Gilbride the 1 missing a wide open Hakeem Nicks down the middle of the field? Is Gilbride Missing Chip shot FG"s? This game got out of hand because ELi was putrid end of story The only thing I don't blame Gilbride is the missed field goal. Any qb will throw Ints if he is constantly forced to throw in double coverage with people in his face because of a terrible offensive line. Everyone knows that the online cant pass block except for our OC who keeps designing plays 30 yards from the LOS. Is it any wonder we have basically no quick short yardage plays. These complex read and react plays take time to develop and when you have a terrible Oline you have no time to execute them. Why does our OC not see this and make adjustments? simple really, our playbook is lacking to convert short yard situations. Again the plays are the same ones we have been running for 5 years and everyone knows them, they make it difficult for our wrs to create separation. The one time I saw nicks open was 60 yards down field and Eli overthrew him by a few inches. Healthy nicks catches that. But you can't blame Eli for a 60 yard miss. But I do blame Gilbride from faint to adjust to the constant pressure in this game and the one against Cincy. I blame Gilbride for the running the same offense for 5 years in a row without evolving. I blame his offense for a lack of short yard plays that a read and react offense cannot create behind this Oline. I blame Gilbride for not taking advantage of our talent and using to design better plays. He is a dinosaurs with an ancient system living in an age when coordinators areinnovative with their playbook to design plays and take advantage of their players. I don't see this with Killdrive. I see how the redskins can throw out 2 rookie qb and make them look like veterans and I'm jealous. We have won with these players so its not the players, we have won with the coaches but the playbook has to be changed or the coaches who keep shoving it down our throats like it's a brand new ground breaking concept have to go.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Is Gilbride the 1 throwing interceptions?. Is Gilbride the 1 not running for a first down on 4th down? Is Gilbride the 1 missing a wide open Hakeem Nicks down the middle of the field? Is Gilbride Missing Chip shot FG"s? This game got out of hand because ELi was putrid end of story

Was Eli the one going with a scrub RB over our 1st round draft pick?

But it was Eli who pulled out 2 Super Bowl victories late in the 4th quarter.....funny how Gilbride looks great when we don't need to rely on his stale ****ing gameplans.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 07:16 PM
The only thing I don't blame Gilbride is the missed field goal. Any qb will throw Ints if he is constantly forced to throw in double coverage with people in his face because of a terrible offensive line. Everyone knows that the online cant pass block except for our OC who keeps designing plays 30 yards from the LOS. Is it any wonder we have basically no quick short yardage plays. These complex read and react plays take time to develop and when you have a terrible Oline you have no time to execute them. Why does our OC not see this and make adjustments? simple really, our playbook is lacking to convert short yard situations. Again the plays are the same ones we have been running for 5 years and everyone knows them, they make it difficult for our wrs to create separation. The one time I saw nicks open was 60 yards down field and Eli overthrew him by a few inches. Healthy nicks catches that. But you can't blame Eli for a 60 yard miss. But I do blame Gilbride from faint to adjust to the constant pressure in this game and the one against Cincy. I blame Gilbride for the running the same offense for 5 years in a row without evolving. I blame his offense for a lack of short yard plays that a read and react offense cannot create behind this Oline. I blame Gilbride for not taking advantage of our talent and using to design better plays. He is a dinosaurs with an ancient system living in an age when coordinators areinnovative with their playbook to design plays and take advantage of their players. I don't see this with Killdrive. I see how the redskins can throw out 2 rookie qb and make them look like veterans and I'm jealous. We have won with these players so its not the players, we have won with the coaches but the playbook has to be changed or the coaches who keep shoving it down our throats like it's a brand new ground breaking concept have to go.

Preach on.

Gilbride is so thoroughly predictable now it has gotten embarrassing. The Falcons had the routes memorized today.

And again...... the Giants have a guy who absolutely exploded last week, and they gave up on him again. Disgraceful.

Fire Gilbride.

gabriel_1
12-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Seriously, KG called the draw 4 times in the same drive with Lumpkin... Not taking anything from him but again, if you call the draw that often is very predictable.

BlueSanta
12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I am not excusing KG, but I am not singling him out either.

We forced what, 1 punt today? Even at the end of the game when they were pretty much running the garbage time, run the clock out offense, they were picking up yards in chunks.

Our defense today remided me of 2009.

So while KG deserves a Buddy Ryan, I cant excuse other coaches and players either.

Redeyejedi
12-16-2012, 07:29 PM
So wait u think the Oline cant pass block but then complain when Gilbride calls running plays HMMM.

Rusty192
12-16-2012, 07:38 PM
So wait u think the Oline cant pass block but then complain when Gilbride calls running plays HMMM.On the flip side, you are putting wayyyy to much blame on the QB.

no one was able to play well today. but you are making it sound like its all Eli's fault. which it surely is not. gotta love kneejerk fans.

brad
12-16-2012, 07:42 PM
To me, the biggest knock on the offense is how one dimensional they are. It relies far too much on Eli playing well... that in and of itself isn't so bad however. What makes it worse is that it relies primarily on the big passing play, the one play with the lowest percentage of success. When that works the offense is outstanding, when it fails, the offense generally falls completely flat. They have nothing else to fall back on, no real short passing game and the running game is far too inconsistent. You can blame the O-line or RBs for the inconsistent running game, but not having a short passing game falls squarely on the man who writes the playbook and game plan.

This offense is susceptible to even a mediocre pass rush, because it forces Eli to throw too soon, and it is susceptible to press coverage because it throws the QB/receivers out of rhythm. That isn't on the players, that is a weakness of the offense and defenses have learned how to use that against the Giants. Meanwhile the Giants have done nothing to adjust their game plan for it... that is on the offensive coordinator. We can all agree that it is not KGs job to throw or catch a pass... but I think we can also agree that it is his job to design an offensive game-plan that makes the best use of his talent on the field and does the best job of exposing the weaknesses of the apposing defenses. In the past 6 games, he has failed to do that 5 times.

Rusty192
12-16-2012, 07:46 PM
To me, the biggest knock on the offense is how one dimensional they are. It relies far too much on Eli playing well... that in and of itself isn't so bad however. What makes it worse is that it relies primarily on the big passing play, the one play with the lowest percentage of success. When that works the offense is outstanding, when it fails, the offense generally falls completely flat. They have nothing else to fall back on, no real short passing game and the running game is far too inconsistent. You can blame the O-line or RBs for the inconsistent running game, but not having a short passing game falls squarely on the man who writes the playbook and game plan.

This offense is susceptible to even a mediocre pass rush, because it forces Eli to throw too soon, and it is susceptible to press coverage because it throws the QB/receivers out of rhythm. That isn't on the players, that is a weakness of the offense and defenses have learned how to use that against the Giants. Meanwhile the Giants have done nothing to adjust their game plan for it... that is on the offensive coordinator. We can all agree that it is not KGs job to throw or catch a pass... but I think we can also agree that it is his job to design an offensive game-plan that makes the best use of his talent on the field and does the best job of exposing the weaknesses of the apposing defenses. In the past 6 games, he has failed to do that 5 times.hate when other people use that argument. So freaking stupid.

agree with your post though.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 07:51 PM

This offense is susceptible to even a mediocre pass rush, because it forces Eli to throw too soon, and it is susceptible to press coverage because it throws the QB/receivers out of rhythm. That isn't on the players, that is a weakness of the offense and defenses have learned how to use that against the Giants. Meanwhile the Giants have done nothing to adjust their game plan for it... that is on the offensive coordinator. We can all agree that it is not KGs job to throw or catch a pass... but I think we can also agree that it is his job to design an offensive game-plan that makes the best use of his talent on the field and does the best job of exposing the weaknesses of the apposing defenses. In the past 6 games, he has failed to do that 5 times.

This was a great post....it hit on every criticism I have, and a few I didn't even think about.

Bottom line.....Gilbride utterly failed to make adjustments to maximize Wilson's strengths, and minimize his weaknesses.

DarkSaint
12-16-2012, 07:53 PM
So wait u think the Oline cant pass block but then complain when Gilbride calls running plays HMMM. if the online cant pass block, isn't it the OC's job to try something different instead of what he planned on Wednesday in practice? I mean if the Oline is a turnstile shouldn't the OC see this and make adjustments, have some quick strike short plays in the playbook perhaps? how would you call the game if Eli has no time to throw and DBS are all glued to his wide receivers?

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Why was Wilson taken out anyway?

he got completely blown up on a blitz and and tossed like a little rag doll ...... I think they had seen enough

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
he got completely blown up on a blitz and and tossed like a little rag doll ...... I think they had seen enoughThought so. Someone mentioned it but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

Hooligans
12-16-2012, 07:57 PM

Don't blame Gilbride for the sorry play of his QB and the ineffectual defense. This team is in total collpase right now, just like the Lion or Eagles.

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 08:01 PM
if Gilbride can play DB he better suit up quick

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Don't blame Gilbride for the sorry play of his QB and the ineffectual defense. This team is in total collpase right now, just like the Lion or Eagles.

Actually, I will. The only coach in the NFL that hasn't figured out Gilbride's offense is Gilbride.

That draw play to Lumpkin was pure ****ing genius.....that kid is our future.

I won't blame Gilbride for Fewell's defense....but in Fewell's defense, at least his gameplan made sense. Fewell expected his pass rush to show up.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Actually, I will. The only coach in the NFL that hasn't figured out Gilbride's offense is Gilbride.

That draw play to Lumpkin was pure ****ing genius.....that kid is our future.

I won't blame Gilbride for Fewell's defense....but in Fewell's defense, at least his gameplan made sense. Fewell expected his pass rush to show up.They ran that draw play 4 times in a row. It worked one time.

It is not ELI's job to get the team prepared. Eli didn't do his job today, but neither did the coaches.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 08:11 PM
gilbride was horrid 2 weeks ago but today i have to lay this on the players too

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 08:14 PM

I agree....the players share the blame. Especially Eli.

But a good coordinator recognizes when an adjustment needs to be made.

I'm not sure how "the best in the business" can look at a game where Falcons are jumping pass plays left and right and come to the conclusion that pulling Wilson for Lumpkin is the solution.

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 08:16 PM

absolutely bro

that defense looked absolutely horrible.......I lost count of how many missed tackles were out there.....how man bad angles they took

Justin Tuck has looked nothing short of useless and quite frankly looks like he would rather be a spectator at a Knicks game than with his hand in the dirt

O line had one of the worst games I have seen in a long time

as bad as some of those calls were today and horrid lack of adjustments ........and there were quite a few.....the execution was 10 times worse

a team can execute a bad game plan and at least put 3 points on the board

but you can have the best gameplan man has ever seen ....but if you cannot execute it..... it doesn't mean ****

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
he got completely blown up on a blitz and and tossed like a little rag doll ...... I think they had seen enough

He took some hit, that's for sure

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 08:19 PM

I saw that play.

Yeah, he got hit hard on his block....but he still got his block.

Wilson is the very last player on this defense that deserves criticism.

I think I need to go back to that Panthers playoff drubbing to find a game that was so poorly coached and played.

And absolute dirty bomb in every way.

speedman
12-16-2012, 08:39 PM
I didn't see today's game so my comment may not apply to this game. Everyone talks about the team being so inconsistent. My take is that if the original game plan is working the team looks terrrific. When it isn't working this coaching staff can't or won't make in game adjustments. For how many years has this gone on? Time for this coaching staff to be dismantled. Now everyone will say they won two SB's. I think they won inspite of the coaching staff.

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I saw that play.

Yeah, he got hit hard on his block....but he still got his block.

Wilson is the very last player on this defense that deserves criticism.

I think I need to go back to that Panthers playoff drubbing to find a game that was so poorly coached and played.

And absolute dirty bomb in every way.

poorly coached for sure

not one adjustment made.........quite scary actually

to the point where it looked like that just gave up in the 3rd quarter and just wanted to get out of town

brad
12-16-2012, 08:45 PM
a team can execute a bad game plan and at least put 3 points on the board

but you can have the best gameplan man has ever seen ....but if you cannot execute it..... it doesn't mean ****

If you have the best game plan man has ever seen, but your players are not capable of executing it... was it a good game plan? A good game plan means you put your players in the best position to succeed, taking into account what the apposing defense will be doing to counter it.

I can accept the argument that a few players didn't execute... but when no players are executing, clearly the problem is deeper than the players. That, in my opinion, is a pretty good indication that your game plan was really really bad.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 08:50 PM
I didn't see today's game so my comment may not apply to this game. Everyone talks about the team being so inconsistent. My take is that if the original game plan is working the team looks terrrific. When it isn't working this coaching staff can't or won't make in game adjustments. For how many years has this gone on? Time for this coaching staff to be dismantled. Now everyone will say they won two SB's. I think they won inspite of the coaching staff.

It's a good thing you didn't see this game. Trust me, don't even bother unless you want to be a coroner.

As far as blowing up the staff, I'm done with Gilbride and his Oakland Raider offense.

BlueOldSchool
12-16-2012, 08:54 PM
With Gilbride:
- There is no chance for getting into rhythm on opening drives... too impatient on establishing the run.
- How many 3rd down passes arrive 3 yards short of the marker???
- Today we had 4th and 1 and we lined up in "the shotgun..." THE SHOTGUN???
- In that same 4th and 1, Eli could have run for the first down... it wasn't even in his thinking... pathetic
- Way too many repeat plays...
- On 3rd and short we throw 15 yards downfield
- On 3rd and long... as I say we always throw it yards short of the first down marker

To add insult to injury... you pull David Wilson and never give this kid a chance to gain confidence. Tiki fumbled a ton... Eli wasn't exactly "sharp" early on... why does this kid Wilson always land in the doghouse... he doesn't deserve that!

The list goes on... but elements of the offense and Gilbride are pathetic.

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 08:54 PM
If you have the best game plan man has ever seen, but your players are not capable of executing it... was it a good game plan? A good game plan means you put your players in the best position to succeed, taking into account what the apposing defense will be doing to counter it.

I can accept the argument that a few players didn't execute... but when no players are executing, clearly the problem is deeper than the players. That, in my opinion, is a pretty good indication that your game plan was really really bad.

even a poor gameplan well executed will for sure show more than zero points on the score board

hard to tell what the gameplan even was when the QB is running for his life for most of the game throwing the ball to receivers responding to broken play rules and coming back to the QB

obviously they wanted to establish the run .....which looked like it may happen for a while

that started to go out the window at 17 - 0

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 08:55 PM
With Gilbride:
- There is no chance for getting into rhythm on opening drives... too impatient on establishing the run.
- In that same 4th and 1, Eli could have run for the first down... it wasn't even in his thinking... pathetic
- On 3rd and long... as I say we always throw it yards short of the first down marker

To add insult to injury... you pull David Wilson and never give this kid a chance to gain confidence. Tiki fumbled a ton... Eli wasn't exactly "sharp" early on... why does this kid Wilson always land in the doghouse... he doesn't deserve that!

The list goes on... but elements of the offense and Gilbride are pathetic.This is very well said.

speedman
It's a good thing you didn't see this game. Trust me, don't even bother unless you want to be a coroner.As far as blowing up the staff, I'm done with Gilbride and his Oakland Raider offense.I DVR'd the game, but after hearing the score I'm going to erase it without watching it.

joemorrisforprez
With Gilbride:

I'm trying to recall a single play action pass.

Seriously, did Gilbride try that at all?

Just pathetic.....I'm not going to blame a rookie for that **** sausage today.

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 08:57 PM
With Gilbride:

and still people insist that Gilbride decides who the ball goes to

I'll never understand this logic

BlueOldSchool
12-16-2012, 08:58 PM

I know... it's like play-action is banned from the playbook... add that to the list!

YATittle1962

hard to call play action when the defense does not fear the run at all

BlueOldSchool
This is very well said.

Thanks... sad and true, right!?

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks... sad and true, right!?It is. I just don't seem to understand why we are so bad at adjusting. We just don't adjust.

Sometimes certain game plans aren't going to be well executed. You have to learn how to switch things up in order for your team to succeed. Not just pray and hope the defense forgets the same play call you ran four times in a row.

byron
12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
poorly coached for sure

not one adjustment made.........quite scary actually

to the point where it looked like that just gave up in the 3rd quarter and just wanted to get out of town

It seems to me the Giants do very little by way of in game adjustments It looks like to me any way its a stick with the game plan for better or worst.....But hey what I know about football is only from watching the game so I defer to the more knowledgeable like yourself YA ...So I'll ask you does this team ever adjust ? I mean I have to think they do at least some ....but how the hell do you game plan a fifty point blow out of the Saints one week and then game plan what we saw today....Is it really all on the players? Idk man its just mind boggling ....

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
hard to call play action when the defense does not fear the run at all

That's not the fault of the kid with 4.6 yards per carry.

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 09:03 PM
That's not the fault of the kid with 4.6 yards per carry.

not at all

but the last thing the Falcons were concerned with today was the Giants running game......so where would play action get them?

Jahh
Yeah, Wilson looked hesitant to make that first block and got embarassed but really that didn't affect the pass that got picked. Leave the kid in and give him a chance to adjust.

brad
even a poor gameplan well executed will for sure show more than zero points on the score board

hard to tell what the gameplan even was when the QB is running for his life for most of the game throwing the ball to receivers responding to broken play rules and coming back to the QB

obviously they wanted to establish the run .....which looked like it may happen for a while

that started to go out the window at 17 - 0

And if you have a great game plan with even mediocre talent, you will score at least 3 points... when you have a game like today, I think it is fair to say that both players and coaches can share the blame.

I don't fault the original game plan, establishing the run against a team that isn't that great against the run makes sense. But at some point you make adjustments, you do something to give the team a spark or you pull players that clearly don't have their heads in the game. This game could very well be the game that determines if they Giants go into the playoffs or not. The players certainly didn't seem to care, and the coaches didn't give any indication that they felt any different. The loss is disappointing, but the complete lack of effort and coaching is the part that is so frustrating.

BlueOldSchool
12-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Giving the opposing team the ball in prime field position twice in the first quarter isn't the "D's" fault, either... The defense has to watch their offense whimp out drive after drive... gotta be frustrating when that happens all-too-often this year.

By the way... who the heck is the leader on this team... I don't see anyone clapping their hands in a huddle with a "C'mon guys... let's go" mentality.

byron
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
they had ops to get 3 points and passed them up

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
It seems to me the Giants do very little by way of in game adjustments It looks like to me any way its a stick with the game plan for better or worst.....But hey what I know about football is only from watching the game so I defer to the more knowledgeable like yourself YA ...So I'll ask you does this team ever adjust ? I mean I have to think they do at least some ....but how the hell do you game plan a fifty point blow out of the Saints one week and then game plan what we saw today....Is it really all on the players? Idk man its just mind boggling ....

byron

the laundry list is so long that we could go on all day

from injuries, to execution, to poor play calling, to preparation, to plain old desire

I swear sometimes I question if Justin Tuck even wants to play football anymore

this team has issues.....and when a good coaching staff prepares their team to exploit those issues you get today

I look forward to watching the coaches film to really break down this game

this one was of the likes I have not seen in a while ....cannot wait for that film

brad
12-16-2012, 09:07 PM
byron

from injuries, to execution, to poor play calling, to preparation, to plain old desire

this team has issues.....and when a good coaching staff prepares their team to exploit those issues you get today

this one was of the likes I have not seen in a while ....cannot wait for that film

+1

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 09:08 PM
not at all

but the last thing the Falcons were concerned with today was the Giants running game......so where would play action get them?

If I see Lumpkin lined up in an obvious draw situation, I'm a happy defensive coordinator.

Like I said....Wilson was effective early.

But Gilbride loves to draw up plays that require a snap with 0:02 on the playclock, and require a rookie running back to hold a blitzing linebacker for several seconds.

How about lining up Wilson behind Hynoski and let Wilson do what Reese drafted him to do?

The Giants have a rookie RB with fresh legs.....but I guess he's not fresh enough to go hurry up.....I guess Eli Manning hasn't proved he can run an offense that throws off Gilbride's saddlebags.

Stupid gameplan = shutout.

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 09:09 PM
By the way... who the heck is the leader on this team... I don't see anyone clapping their hands in a huddle with a "C'mon guys... let's go" mentality.

this is a great point

I saw no heart or sense of urgency today

I was specifically looking for it when this game was still within reach ......I saw nothing

I was at the stadium and did not see the broadcast or film yet .....but from my seat behind the Giant bench here in ATL I saw nothing

speedman
12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
It is. I just don't seem to understand why we are so bad at adjusting. We just don't adjust.Sometimes certain game plans aren't going to be well executed. You have to learn how to switch things up in order for your team to succeed. Not just pray and hope the defense forgets the same play call you ran four times in a row.Fewell can't make in game adjustments, Gilbride can't make in game adjustments and it's all a reflection on Coughlin.

DarkSaint
12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
and still people insist that Gilbride decides who the ball goes to

I'll never understand this logicyeah but he can design some "new" plays instead of the same read and react he has been using for the past 5 years. Design plays that can help wide recievers get some separation. Help counter the pressure the oline allows by formulating quick short yard plays. I suspect that the real reason we don't have any short yard plays in our playbook is because his system isn't compatible with them and he is too stubborn to change it to address our weaknesses and for this he has to go.

BlueOldSchool
12-16-2012, 09:11 PM
this is a great point

I saw no heart or sense of urgency today

I was specifically looking for it when this game was still within reach ......I saw nothing

I was at the stadium and did not see the broadcast or film yet .....but from my seat behind the Giant bench here in ATL I saw nothing

You had the best vantage point of all on the pulse of the team... did it seem like they were up for it or did it seem like something was missing on the sideline?

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 09:11 PM
If I see Lumpkin lined up in an obvious draw situation, I'm a happy defensive coordinator.

Like I said....Wilson was effective early.

But Gilbride loves to draw up plays that require a snap with 0:02 on the playclock, and require a rookie running back to hold a blitzing linebacker for several seconds.

How about lining up Wilson behind Hynoski and let Wilson do what Reese drafted him to do?

Stupid gameplan = shutout.

I was wondering where that Wilson package went all day

he is not Bradshaw.......they need to adjust to this kids strengths

where were all those tosses to the edge ?

the kid looked to have a good start but they were calling plays as if a 240 lb back was in the game

byron
12-16-2012, 09:13 PM
byron

this one was of the likes I have not seen in a while ....cannot wait for that film Yeah I agree YA that there are a lot of things wrong....a big one to me is we have a lot of key players who just can't stay on the field "KP come to mind as one " PF is always adjusting week to week because of this ****.....oh well thanks man... hope I catch your final take YA

YATittle1962
12-16-2012, 09:17 PM
You had the best vantage point of all on the pulse of the team... did it seem like they were up for it or did it seem like something was missing on the sideline?

I saw no fire

I saw Eli pouting, Tuck and Osi laughing about something that seemed to have nothing to do with the game
I saw Fewell coming over clapping and yelling at his D line saying lets go lets go and no one even looked at him
I saw Cruz and Nicks following Eli around and constantly talking and Eli doing a lot of nodding .
I saw Coughlin extremely pissed off for 60 straight minutes
I saw Chris Canty and Rolle be the only guys slapping guys on the head and yelling wake the F up
I saw David Wilson looking very eager the whole time Lumpkin was in the game and try to run out on the field after almost every snap and coach Ingram holding him back.......when a kid is that hungry you play him I don't care who he is

all in all they looked defeated at 14 - 0

TheEnigma
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
I saw Chris Canty and Rolle be the only guys slapping guys on the head and yelling wake the F up

Does it bother anyone else that the only two veterans who seemed to care were former free agents and not original Giants?

BlueOldSchool
12-16-2012, 09:33 PM
I saw no fire

I saw Eli pouting, Tuck and Osi laughing about something that seemed to have nothing to do with the game
I saw Fewell coming over clapping and yelling at his D line saying lets go lets go and no one even looked at him
I saw Cruz and Nicks following Eli around and constantly talking and Eli doing a lot of nodding .
I saw David Wilson looking very eager the whole time Lumpkin was in the game and try to run out on the field after almost every snap and coach Ingram holding him back.......when a kid is that hungry you play him I don't care who he is

Now that says it all... unbelievable... these guys are supposed to be the champs!

BlueOldSchool
12-16-2012, 09:37 PM
When you think of the talent on this team, it makes losses like this harder to swallow. It's not like we don't have the talent to beat the best teams in the NFL. I was Lambeau for the two playoff games in 2008 and last season... these guys know how to win in big games...

I seriously think Gilbride has to either get this right or we should look elsewhere...

bigbluetribe
12-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Does it bother anyone else that the only two veterans who seemed to care were former free agents and not original Giants?
Well Tuck would be our leader but he is tired and worn out. Everyone else on this team is either old and not very good or too young to do anything.

We need to make Rolle captain, I know he has ups and downs but he is being forced to play out of position by fewell. He has most fire on this team

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 09:47 PM
the run was working and explosive. and kg completely abandoned it after tynes missed the fg. well no, i mean he completely abandoned wilson. smfh.

when wilson had that 25 yd run, i literally looked at my pops and said "run him til he cant run no more"...the D COMPLETELY knew our sight adjustments. thats something i dont think any one thought was possible bc we are always supposed to zig when the defense zags, but teams seem to now have a solid understanding of what our sight adjustments are, and they force our wrs into them to bait eli...i mean this wasnt isolated seeing the db sit on the short routes. remember vs TB we got that long TD bc we went over the top finally. Defenses are sitting on the underneath stuff bc they know our OL cant give eli the time to make an accurate throw downfield. thats my take on it. i actually thought we could have success throughout the game by going vertical with double moves, atl was so reved up trying to make plays they woulda bit on double move after double move...

but no adjustments...smh...listen, i get execution. but u notice how the truly great offenses are putting their players in spots where they can execute w/o having to rely on individual skill but offensive scheme? i saw pitt run a ton of plays i wish we ran, simple stuff like a short slant but the slot wr in essence becomes a blocker like its a screen...see KG depends on the wrs/qb to sight adjust midplay to put ourselves in the best situation. HE SHOULD BE DOING THAT HIMSELF WITH THE PLAYS...our guys have to do too much mid play. ive said it forever (and i acknowledged i was wrong about KG except for this point bc I know this issue wont go away, its his scheme) they not only have to execute the play, the basically have to draw up the play mid play and hope the qb read it the same way...and teams are understanding how to defend it and its time to evolve or bring in a similar system but one more predicated on the OC actually scripting the plays that gets the players open so the only thinking the player is doing is running the designed play, and not having to do any sort of in play diagnosis (beyond what every player is required of)

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 09:48 PM
I saw no fire

That's just ****ing depressing.

Giantterp
12-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Doesn't it seem like other coaches have game plans to take advantages of the other teams weakness?

Like how the redskins threw the ball all over the Browns even though they had a rookie QB? I am still mad that the Giants were running the ball the whole second half of the Redskin game when they had the all time worst pass defense in the NFL to that point (really statistically they were)

brad
12-16-2012, 09:53 PM
I saw no fire

When the players don't seem to care, it makes you wonder why we even bother...

DarkSaint
12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
the run was working and explosive. and kg completely abandoned it after tynes missed the fg. well no, i mean he completely abandoned wilson. smfh.

when wilson had that 25 yd run, i literally looked at my pops and said "run him til he cant run no more"...the D COMPLETELY knew our sight adjustments. thats something i dont think any one thought was possible bc we are always supposed to zig when the defense zags, but teams seem to now have a solid understanding of what our sight adjustments are, and they force our wrs into them to bait eli...i mean this wasnt isolated seeing the db sit on the short routes. remember vs TB we got that long TD bc we went over the top finally. Defenses are sitting on the underneath stuff bc they know our OL cant give eli the time to make an accurate throw downfield. thats my take on it. i actually thought we could have success throughout the game by going vertical with double moves, atl was so reved up trying to make plays they woulda bit on double move after double move...

but no adjustments...smh...listen, i get execution. but u notice how the truly great offenses are putting their players in spots where they can execute w/o having to rely on individual skill but offensive scheme? i saw pitt run a ton of plays i wish we ran, simple stuff like a short slant but the slot wr in essence becomes a blocker like its a screen...see KG depends on the wrs/qb to sight adjust midplay to put ourselves in the best situation. HE SHOULD BE DOING THAT HIMSELF WITH THE PLAYS...our guys have to do too much mid play. ive said it forever (and i acknowledged i was wrong about KG except for this point bc I know this issue wont go away, its his scheme) they not only have to execute the play, the basically have to draw up the play mid play and hope the qb read it the same way...and teams are understanding how to defend it and its time to evolve or bring in a similar system but one more predicated on the OC actually scripting the plays that gets the players open so the only thinking the player is doing is running the designed play, and not having to do any sort of in play diagnosis (beyond what every player is required of)imagine trying to scan the field and trying to figure out where the wr is going to go with literally no time to throw?

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 09:59 PM
imagine trying to scan the field and trying to figure out where the wr is going to go with literally no time to throw?wow good point. eli may be "locking" on to wrs to us, but really he's just on his 1rst progression and doesnt have the time to go thru the next one and scan the field. he def has minimal time back there and he throws it early as is, we might be thinking that hes locking on when hes really doing the best with the time he has...

brad
12-16-2012, 10:13 PM
wow good point. eli may be "locking" on to wrs to us, but really he's just on his 1rst progression and doesnt have the time to go thru the next one and scan the field. he def has minimal time back there and he throws it early as is, we might be thinking that hes locking on when hes really doing the best with the time he has...

Eli is the least sacked QB in the league... and while I agree that the line wasn't very good he isn't the only QB that deals with pressure. Rodgers has been sacked 42 times this year, Eli has taken 15. While you might argue that Eli gets rid of the ball rather than taking the sack... you are going to have a hard time convincing me that he is getting more pressure than a guy sacked 42 times. Rodgers has also dealt with his share of injuries to the WRs... and still has 30 TDs and 8 ints to Elis 20 TDs and 13 ints. So while I will concede that he doesn't exactly have optimal conditions to succeed, that can pretty much be said for any QB in the league at some point in the season. If we are to believe that Eli is an "elite hall of fame QB" then we should be able to expect him to perform as well as any other "elite" QB. Elite means he steps up his level of play when things aren't going well...not just performing when conditions are perfect. Elite is how Eli played in the playoffs and SB last year. These past 6 games are anything but elite. That's not just Eli's fault, but he certainly deserves a lot of criticism for the way he has performed lately.

DarkSaint
12-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Eli has been pressured more than Rogers. He was the most pressured QB in all of football last year too. Its not that Eli can't perform under pressure, see the nfccg last year. It's our system that makes it difficult to make adjustments to counter the pressure because of the time it takes to develop plays. Are we the only that uses our rb to block? Is this why our backs are among the least productive in receptions and receiving yards? We are taking a weapon away to help develop a low % pass play.

mike kennedy
12-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Taking from an old Buffalo Fan Forum....

Kevin Gilbride is the Bills offensive coordinator and he is single handingly trying to ruin whatever post season and/or Super Bowl chances they have. In the offseason the Bills got a handful of awesome defensive players, a smash mout blocking fullback in Sam Gash and lost a speed threat in Peerless Price. So one would think that they would use a rushing attack lead by a pro bowl back in Travis Henry? No, instead they have become the most predictable passing team ever. I don't think a team has ever passed more on third and short than the Bills this year ever. Note to Kevin Gilbride: when you run a three yard passing play every third and one or two it stops becoming a wacky, unthinkable play and becomes really predictable and does not work. Every other team in the NFL has figured it out, you might as well too.

SOUNDS FAMILIAR DOESN'T IT?

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 01:26 AM

but no adjustments...smh...listen, i get execution. but u notice how the truly great offenses are putting their players in spots where they can execute w/o having to rely on individual skill but offensive scheme? i saw pitt run a ton of plays i wish we ran, simple stuff like a short slant but the slot wr in essence becomes a blocker like its a screen...see KG depends on the wrs/qb to sight adjust midplay to put ourselves in the best situation. HE SHOULD BE DOING THAT HIMSELF WITH THE PLAYS...our guys have to do too much mid play. ive said it forever (and i acknowledged i was wrong about KG except for this point bc I know this issue wont go away, its his scheme) they not only have to execute the play, the basically have to draw up the play mid play and hope the qb read it the same way...and teams are understanding how to defend it and its time to evolve or bring in a similar system but one more predicated on the OC actually scripting the plays that gets the players open so the only thinking the player is doing is running the designed play, and not having to do any sort of in play diagnosis (beyond what every player is required of)

Great points, especially in bold.

Gilbride took pretty much the best play the Giants had - the pitchout to Wilson - and took it out of the game....what a stubborn idiot. NEWSFLASH: your offensive gameplan is ****ing old....I'm talking 2007 old.

Like I said elsewhere, the front office cannot be happy to see how this coaching staff is working their talent.

I'm giving Coughlin a pass here, because I think this is on his coordinators......but it's on him to get this **** straightened out before we get bounced from playoff contention.

I COULD TOTALLY HANDLE IT if they leaned on Wilson and he couldn't get the job done......but Wilson was probably the best, most fired up player on offense today, and Killdrive put him on ice until the game was out of hand.