PDA

View Full Version : No player in the NFL has regressed more than Eli this season......

Down-lifer
12-16-2012, 04:38 PM
He is now a below average QB. Look at his dessision making and his numbers. 5 games this year without a TD pass and only 20 on the season. His QB rating is just about 80 and his completion percentage may be below 60% after this game.

Down-lifer
12-16-2012, 04:40 PM
He is the main reason why we are 8-6 now and will be in 3rd place by days end.

gumby74
12-16-2012, 04:40 PM
maybe if you mean relatively. Last year was clearly an anomaly. We were all hoping that Eli would dial it up similar to how Brady and Brees did at this point in their careers. But this season, he returned back down to earth. He's still very, very good let's make that clear.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 04:44 PM

Yeah, not like our OL, DL, and secondary have faults. They have been stellar all season. Our Captain on defense makes plays game in and game out.

mcillo
12-16-2012, 04:46 PM
maybe if you mean relatively. Last year was clearly an anomaly. We were all hoping that Eli would dial it up similar to how Brady and Brees did at this point in their careers. But this season, he returned back down to earth. He's still very, very good let's make that clear.No he`s not.

brad
12-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah, not like our OL, DL, and secondary have faults. They have been stellar all season. Our Captain on defense makes plays game in and game out.

Just because other players have been bad doesn't excuse the play of our "elite" QB. No one expected the defense to be great this year, but we certainly expected our "future hall of fame" QB to perform at the level he is being paid to perform at.

TroyArcher
12-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Tuck, JPP

BROADWAYSTORM
12-16-2012, 04:50 PM
JPP is a bigger disappointment than Eli. Talk about an overrrated player. Tuck did not show up all year. Osi is Osi. But seriously. Victor Cruz got hit against the Steelers and his balls fell off. Hakeem has been hobbled all year and let's face it, that's how it's going to be with him for the rest of his career. And the Oline without Locklear is a different story. Now without Snee. Eli has no confidence right now. He is not the same Quarterback he was last year. He is innacurate and his body language is back to that awful one he used to have. Something is wrong with him. Even in good games he is just off. I don't know what it is. We could still easily turn it on in a moments notice and win again. I'm not giving up yet.

Down-lifer
12-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Just because other players have been bad doesn't excuse the play of our "elite" QB. No one expected the defense to be great this year, but we certainly expected our "future hall of fame" QB to perform at the level he is being paid to perform at.You're absolutely right. his play has been flat out awful this year and I honestly can't think of a time in his career when he played this bad for this long of a stretch. It always falls on the QBs shoulders.

Down-lifer
12-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Tuck, JPPSadly them too.

Down-lifer
12-16-2012, 04:54 PM
JPP is a bigger disappointment than Eli. Talk about an overrrated player. Tuck did not show up all year. Osi is Osi. But seriously. Victor Cruz got hit against the Steelers and his balls fell off. Hakeem has been hobbled all year and let's face it, that's how it's going to be with him for the rest of his career. And the Oline without Locklear is a different story. Now without Snee. Eli has no confidence right now. He is not the same Quarterback he was last year. He is innacurate and his body language is back to that awful one he used to have. Something is wrong with him. Even in good games he is just off. I don't know what it is. We could still easily turn it on in a moments notice and win again. I'm not giving up yet.Not giving up either. But this was bad today, none worse than Eli manning.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Just because other players have been bad doesn't excuse the play of our "elite" QB. No one expected the defense to be great this year, but we certainly expected our "future hall of fame" QB to perform at the level he is being paid to perform at.

It doesn't excuse his play..but I'm supposed to omit players like Tuck, Osi, Webster..Diehl, etc.?

GiantWarfare
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I said this in the game thread....we're very fortunate to have Eli, he will probably be considered the best Giants QB of all time when its all said and done, he's gotten us 2 titles, and about half the league would kill to have him.

But there are 4 teams with QBs who are significantly better and probably another handful who are happy w/ the guy they have.

Eli is a good QB. Nothing more nothing less...he is not elite and will never be so, to expect that from him is faulty. He's shown he can win a title so at the end of the day, we have to assess the situation and see what we can do to get back to the mountaintop.

Eli's been a big reason to this dump of a year for the Giants but in reality, the whole team sucked this year all the way to the coaching staff.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 04:58 PM
And one more thing, how about our "clutch" kicker, Tynes?

Down-lifer
It doesn't excuse his play..but I'm supposed to omit players like Tuck, Osi, Webster..Diehl, etc.?Sadly you are correct about them too.

GiantWarfare
And one more thing, how about our "clutch" kicker, Tynes?

lol we probably wore his leg out.

dakotajoe
12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Tebow regressed more than Eli this year.

He went from being a star on a playoff team to a backup behind one of the worst QBs in the league.

brad
12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
It doesn't excuse his play..but I'm supposed to omit players like Tuck, Osi, Webster..Diehl, etc.?

Fair point... but we can take comfort in knowing that Osi is gone after this year, Tuck and DD are likely to retire and Webster, well we may still be stuck with him, but even he may be finsihed. We are stuck with Eli and can only hope that he returns to being a quality QB because he is making a ton of money to have so many bad games this year.

brad
12-16-2012, 05:00 PM
I said this in the game thread....we're very fortunate to have Eli, he will probably be considered the best Giants QB of all time when its all said and done, he's gotten us 2 titles, and about half the league would kill to have him.

But there are 4 teams with QBs who are significantly better and probably another handful who are happy w/ the guy they have.

Eli is a good QB. Nothing more nothing less...he is not elite and will never be so, to expect that from him is faulty. He's shown he can win a title so at the end of the day, we have to assess the situation and see what we can do to get back to the mountaintop.

Eli's been a big reason to this dump of a year for the Giants but in reality, the whole team sucked this year all the way to the coaching staff.

Well said

Down-lifer
12-16-2012, 05:01 PM
lol we probably wore his leg out.Lol

Generation Eli
12-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Tuck, JPP

I wish they made avatars bigger. thats one yummy avatar to look at

in other words, u should post more

Sundown
12-16-2012, 05:03 PM
What a dumb thread. The coordinators need to put the players in a position to play best to their abilities and neither coordinator has done that this year, fewell and kg have been pathetic this year.

krankeybluechick
12-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Hmmmm, Eli stunk today but so did the team as a whole!! You cannot blame him for everything. Where the hell has Tuck, Osi or Pierre Paul been?

gianta
12-16-2012, 05:04 PM

he has lost this game for us,and has gone way down from previous years.

Giantterp
12-16-2012, 05:05 PM
How about Tuck (well he was pretty bad much of last year too), OSI Kiwi, webster, KG (this game and the redskin game were inexcusable).

JPP played well until the past couple of games (which also could be injury related)-so i'll give him a pass.

krankeybluechick
12-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Your kidding me right??? Eli stunk but the defense was no better.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Your kidding me right??? Eli stunk but the defense was no better.

when the patriots defense stinks,,which the past few years it has,,they could always rely on brady to score ponts and off set the defensive woes,,,,not the case with the giants qb,,,eli is the QB,,he will always shoulder a lot of the blame, and in this case it is deserved.

BuffyBlueII
12-16-2012, 05:13 PM
JPP is a bigger disappointment than Eli. Talk about an overrrated player. Tuck did not show up all year. Osi is Osi. But seriously. Victor Cruz got hit against the Steelers and his balls fell off. Hakeem has been hobbled all year and let's face it, that's how it's going to be with him for the rest of his career. And the Oline without Locklear is a different story. Now without Snee. Eli has no confidence right now. He is not the same Quarterback he was last year. He is innacurate and his body language is back to that awful one he used to have. Something is wrong with him. Even in good games he is just off. I don't know what it is. We could still easily turn it on in a moments notice and win again. I'm not giving up yet.

Victor Cruz has been short arming it since Pittsburgh Steelers game. It is obvious that JPP has been infected by Tuck and Osi and now only plays when he really wants to.

Eli is having a rough up and down year. Bad decision making but also some key drops by receivers and bad play calling and game planning by our miserable OC hasn't helped either.

We can still get it together in order to make a run for it but doggone it, there is no more time to waste. We lose another game and I think we are done.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 05:15 PM
It's always Eli's fault, always.

It's really sad to see fans do this, because I know some of them know better.

Maybe they don't.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 05:17 PM
this board gets worse and worse each year, its a shame it has kept some very good posters away...some of you make me sick...some on here seem to enjoy when this team loses and calling out certain players, it gets boring.

Tmurda1984
12-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Football is the ultimate team sport and our struggles are deeper than it just being playing subpar. This season, is showing us how important Eli is too this franchise. This offensive line has been neglected for several years now, and its beginning to rear its ugly head again. The running game continues to be nonexistant...we finally got too see our rookie in a starting role and he was a dud. Cruz is the only reliable option at the skill position, and we have a terrible defense.

carlton5127@msn.com
12-16-2012, 05:23 PM
JPP is a bigger disappointment than Eli. Talk about an overrrated player. Tuck did not show up all year. Osi is Osi. But seriously. Victor Cruz got hit against the Steelers and his balls fell off. Hakeem has been hobbled all year and let's face it, that's how it's going to be with him for the rest of his career. And the Oline without Locklear is a different story. Now without Snee. Eli has no confidence right now. He is not the same Quarterback he was last year. He is innacurate and his body language is back to that awful one he used to have. Something is wrong with him. Even in good games he is just off. I don't know what it is. We could still easily turn it on in a moments notice and win again. I'm not giving up yet. I think JPP is playing hurt, and there is something very wrong with Eli's arm!

DarkSaint
12-16-2012, 05:28 PM
I just love it how "Giants fans" can attack our players. How can a rookie QB named Cousins throw for 330 yards on his first start when we have a 2 time Superbowl MVP playing like this. I'm sorry its our coaching, they are predictable in their play calling and everyone knows our playbook. How many times did it look lime ATL knew exactly where the ball was going? People like Shanahan can make a rookie play like a 10 year veteran and design their playbook in accordance with their player strenghts but our coaching just chucks it up or a back shoulder throw. When will we see a true 2minute drill, we did briefly at the end of the 1st half then we started to kill the clock and it stalled. The OC and his philosophy has to go. We need a coach who can design plays instead of running the same cr@p for an injured Nicks and I dont want to get hit Cruz. I'm sorry but Cruz stopped and actually closed his eye before the hit. The coaches have to make changes to compensate for a bad oline and design some new plays. The defenses have figured out the few plays we have.