PDA

View Full Version : Eli didn't look on his game today.

Joe Morrison
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I think it's time the rest of the GMEN realize that Eli is not going to be Eli the savior every week. Yes he had a bad game but when is the offense going to just man up and blow people off the ball.
One good thing, Eli usually bounces back big after a game like this.

stormblue
12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
it is not just about him being a savior all the time......it's also about when he just flat out sucks.

Black
12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
staring down his receivers again like a champ!

Eliscruzzz
12-16-2012, 05:02 PM
no excuses terrible game by him. just gave them 14 points right off the bat...smh

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 05:03 PM
He hasn't looked good since before the bye.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Team loss.

Many will say differently. Then again, many don't know much.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 05:04 PM
no excuses terrible game by him. just gave them 14 points right off the bat...smh

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 05:09 PM

No.

All the points are the offense's fault. Everybody knows when the offense turns it over that's an automatic 7 for the other team and it's never the defense's fault.

The cultists will attempt to tell you with a straight face that the poor defense was exhausted.

Diamondring
12-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Got me looking like a fool. Eli you you made me look like a fool with your play. You should know better than to keep on throwing its. What gives.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Team loss.

Many will say differently. Then again, many don't know much.Thank you.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 05:14 PM
In an offensive driven league the offense put up a goose egg. The defense was not great today but the offense was worse.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 05:22 PM
In an offensive driven league the offense put up a goose egg. The defense was not great today but the offense was worse.

Team loss.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Team loss.

yes..only you know whats what

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 05:25 PM
keep in mind Atl is 32-4 in that dome of theirs. we got destroyed, but i think a lot of factors went into it beside "theyre better than us" smfh at KG tho wtf was that?

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 05:26 PM
yes..only you know whats what

No. Plenty of people understand it's a team game.

Just not plenty of people here.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 05:27 PM
No. Plenty of people understand it's a team game.

Just not plenty of people here.

good thing you're here, I think many enjoy hearing your take.

Overdrive92
12-16-2012, 05:34 PM
To be honest, Eli has not been right all year. He has been throwing IDIOTIC interceptions all year long.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 05:34 PM
good thing you're here, I think many enjoy hearing your take.

You're welcome but I don't agree. Many here like the echo chamber that repeats back to them the things they would like to believe are true. And the simpler the better.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Team loss.Many will say differently. Then again, many don't know much.In an offensive driven league the offense put up a goose egg.the defense was not great but the offense was worse.

BigBlue1971
12-16-2012, 05:47 PM
i agree Eli was not on his game today but noone else was on theirs either! coupled with bad luck and mistakes that usually means a loss!

team loss!

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I think it's time the rest of the GMEN realize that Eli is not going to be Eli the savior every week. Yes he had a bad game but when is the offense going to just man up and blow people off the ball.

When you start out throwing an interception, nevermind

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 05:49 PM
To be honest, Eli has not been right all year. He has been throwing IDIOTIC interceptions all year long.

He's just inconsistent, has been

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 05:49 PM
In an offensive driven league the offense put up a goose egg.the defense was not great but the offense was worse.

Still dependent on what team you play against. Would a touchdown for the Giants really gloss over what this offense and defense did?

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Again, not saying the defense played great, but the offense was worse. They scored 0 points. How many games are shoot outs? If they won 35-34 it would be a much different situation right now. Instead of helping the defense they turned the ball over twice and where stopped 3 times on 4th down.

drewz
12-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Eli has regressed this year.. it's incredibly fustrating to watch.

TopleyBird
12-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Team loss.

ding ding ding

mrg3
12-16-2012, 06:01 PM
He was the bad Eli today The O line was Horrible and Wilson couldint pick up Blitz. We missed Bradshaw and Prince big time and Corey , Tuck and Osi better have a Intervention

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
When you start out throwing an interception, nevermind

can you ban buddy? the ****in guy has trolled for years...I've seen Die Hard ban someone for disagreeing with him, use your mod status for some good. wtf

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Again, not saying the defense played great, but the offense was worse. They scored 0 points. How many games are shoot outs? If they won 35-34 it would be a much different situation right now. Instead of helping the defense they turned the ball over twice and where stopped 3 times on 4th down.

You're pretty much trying to tell me that a pile of vomit is worse than a piece of ****.

How about Atlanta's second drive where they went up the field to score a TD? Are you going to try to sell me that the missed field goal is what made the defense allow Atlanta to score from their own 20? How about the start of the third?

I'm not including anything after that because the team packed it in and called it a game.

RoanokeFan
can you ban buddy? the ****in guy has trolled for years...I've seen Die Hard ban someone for disagreeing with him, use your mod status for some good. wtf

He's stating an opinion, what would I ban him for?

Buddy333
Eli has regressed this year.. it's incredibly fustrating to watch.In the brining of the year he looked like an MVP. Don't know what happened to him.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
He's stating an opinion, what would I ban him for?

making these boards a miserable place, the **** comes on here *****ing after a win or a loss, he is the guy/girl hates the giants..please?

GameTime
12-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Team loss.

Absolutley a team loss..........Eli had a bad game and nobody else could help bail him out. They all blew it....

stormblue
12-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Team loss.

it is always a team loss.....it is a team sport.
but that doesn't mean our QB didn't suck worse than everybody else.....because he did.

Many homers will say differently....Then again many homers don't know jack-****.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
You're pretty much trying to tell me that a pile of vomit is worse than a piece of ****. How about Atlanta's second drive where they went up the field to score a TD? Are you going to try to sell me that the missed field goal is what made the defense allow Atlanta to score from their own 20? How about the start of the third?I'm not including anything after that because the team packed it in and called it a game.Again, they where not great but the offense did nothing to help. The offense started by handing the ball over to the Falcons. Then the offense goes down the field and settles for a field goal that is missed. Then yes, the defense allowed a long drive. Then the allowed 3 after another turnover. Oh, and didn't they make them punt before that interception when it was 10-0? Just saying, the offense never gave the defense help. Not a point.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Again, they where not great but the offense did nothing to help. The offense started by handing the ball over to the Falcons. Then the offense goes down the field and settles for a field goal that is missed. Then yes, the defense allowed a long drive. Then the allowed 3 after another turnover. Oh, and didn't they make them punt before that interception when it was 10-0? Just saying, the offense never gave the defense help. Not a point.

I'm not debating that the offense played like ****. It's like you need comfort in knowing that the offense played worse than the defense, as if that makes things better.

Again, you really want to continue this little spiel of which was better/worse?

Seriously, with these kind of discussions, we really must be the ****ing envy of the league.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm not debating that the offense played like ****. It's like you need comfort in knowing that the offense played worse than the defense, as if that makes things better.Again, you really want to continue this little spiel of which was better/worse?Seriously, with these kind of discussions, we really must be the ****ing envy of the league.Its a message board and its an opinion. The offense didn't even give the team a chance o win in a shoot out. Even before the half when the score was 17-0 and the defense forced a punt the offense could not do a thing.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Its a message board and its an opinion. The offense didn't even give the team a chance o win in a shoot out. Even before the half when the score was 17-0 and the defense forced a punt the offense could not do a thing.

You know about opinions, right?

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 06:16 PM
lol "they were not great" no **** buddy. we were only down 17-0 at half time/ we didnt gift them any points in the 2nd half and yet they scored 17 again. the entire team didnt show up. the d was just as putrid as the o.

and yeah eli played bad, and hasnt had his best yr, but nicks has been hurt all year, cruz seems to be hit or miss, bradshaws out, our ol has dd in and out which helps nobody....last yr, eli was able to overcome some issues but no way he coulda overcame all these ones...the dl hasnt shown up yet all year, etc etc...

if theres reason to be optimistic, this is the same story as last yr at the same time. we were entering the 2nd to last game vs the nyj every bit as dead...the dl woke up then, hopefully they wake up next week

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
and we went for 3x in their end instead of a fg. im surprised more people arent focusng on that. we coulda been down 17-9 at halftime...we shoulda been at that but tynes missed a fg, and 3 or 4x we failed on 4th

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
You know about opinions, right?Yeah.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah.

long year ahead of us huh giant fans?

GameTime
12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
long year ahead of us huh giant fans?

nah....only two more games.....

lol

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Again, defense was not great but the offense was worse. Is that so bad to say? This season people have been complaining about the defense and before today they where ranked 8th in points allowed. The offense has been a problem since before the bye and continue to be. That doesn't mean the defense gets to be excused. They don't get pressure on the QB and give up big plays. Before this game they where not giving up lots if points though and that's all that matters.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Eli did look like a turd in a uniform but so did a lot of others.

Weygand
12-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Two word review: Sh|t sandwich.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 06:26 PM
nah....only two more games.....

lol

Buddy is not a fan of this team, don't let him fool you, the dude is a troll

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 06:36 PM
but that doesn't mean our QB didn't suck worse than everybody else.....because he did.

Many homers will say differently....Then again many homers don't know jack-****.

Everyone has their agendas and pretty much all of them are completely transparent.

Team loss. No unit played well nor played like they cared at all. If you feel some need to irrationally put that all on one player or look for varying levels us ineptitude...feel free, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Was it all on Eli? Of course not, but he is the franchise QB and he had a very bad game. Same way when he has a really good game HE won it.

mrg3
12-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Its on all of them. Trying to hold a Division lead when they already clinched, Skins and Boys hold the tie breaker and get and get shutout 34-0 . No heart . Those 4th down calls were horrible, not that it would have made a diff.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Was it all on Eli? Of course not, but he is the franchise QB and he had a very bad game. Same way when he has a really good game HE won it. Eli will be a franchise QB when he buys a Burger King

GameTime
12-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Eli will be a franchise QB when he buys a Burger King

d

GameTime
12-16-2012, 06:46 PM

oosh.... (see previous post^^^)

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Was it all on Eli? Of course not, but he is the franchise QB and he had a very bad game. Same way when he has a really good game HE won it.

That always the case and it goes in both directions.

When another QB makes a pure crap throw and the Giants pick it off we all say they forced the turnover. Same when another team doesn't take crae of the ball and leaves it on the ground. The vaunted Giant defense forced the fumble. Forced my ***, it's all about what you want to believe.

Check the game thread there were folks claiming the defense made a great play when Ryan threw it right to Blackburn and he dropped it. "Great stop by the D!" Hilarious ****.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 06:47 PM
oosh.... (see previous post^^^) haha not my quote it was mike ditka around 2004 ish.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 06:53 PM
That always the case and it goes in both directions.When another QB makes a pure crap throw and the Giants pick it off we all say they forced the turnover. Same when another team doesn't take crae of the ball and leaves it on the ground. The vaunted Giant defense forced the fumble. Forced my ***, it's all about what you want to believe. Check the game thread there were folks claiming the defense made a great play when Ryan threw it right to Blackburn and he dropped it. "Great stop by the D!" Hilarious ****.It was a stop though that forced a punt and Blackburn has caused many fumbles this year and last. Can't call it luck.

Hall of Fame
12-16-2012, 06:55 PM
We all watched the same game, we all know he didn't look on his game. He just plain stunk.

ShakeandBake
12-16-2012, 06:58 PM

ahahahaha

Redeyejedi
12-16-2012, 07:02 PM
When you start out throwing an interception, nevermind They gave up. Its very deflating to be hyped for a game go out there and u turn it over. Then u get the ball back look good drive down the field and miss a FG. He did it last week 2. He should defer

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 07:12 PM
It was a stop though that forced a punt and Blackburn has caused many fumbles this year and last. Can't call it luck.

Like I said, it's all about what you want to believe.

There ain't no right or wrong here. The team played like crap and lost a game they dearly deserved to lose.

Everything else is just hot air

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Agreed.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
They gave up. Its very deflating to be hyped for a game go out there and u turn it over. Then u get the ball back look good drive down the field and miss a FG. He did it last week 2. He should defer

I agree. Get the first score out of the way and try to get your offense implemented afterwards.

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 07:16 PM
it is not just about him being a savior all the time......it's also about when he just flat out sucks.What? But he is a future HOF and he had an elite performance of scoring TD's today. Right up there with Freeman and Quinn, you know the other "elite" QB's of the NFL. Oh wait......!

BuffyBlueII
12-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Eli will be a franchise QB when he buys a Burger KingEli will buy a Burger King when Tiki earns a SuperBowl Ring.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Eli will buy a Burger King when Tiki earns a SuperBowl Ring. thats a mike ditka quote not mine

ShakeandBake
12-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Eli looked horrible today, which seems to be a continuing trend this season

BuffyBlueII
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
thats a mike ditka quote not mineMike Ditka also traded away how many draft picks for Ricky Williams.Eli will buy a Burger King when Tiki earns a SuperBowl Ring is my quote.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Mike Ditka also traded away how many draft picks for Ricky Williams.Eli will buy a Burger King when Tiki earns a SuperBowl Ring is my quote. ok but what a bout a dunkin donuts maybe Eli can buy one of those.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 07:45 PM

+1

whats funny is when eli plays good, he "carried" the team, but when he plays bad its a "team loss". I personally believe every loss is a team loss but i also believe every win is a team win also. Its so funny how eli gets all the credit when we win but as soon as we lose everyone is quick to say team. its time eli gets some blame around here. last week he played horrible but got away with it. it was a team loss, but eli was a huge part of it.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 07:48 PM
+1

whats funny is when eli plays good, he "carried" the team, but when he plays bad its a "team loss". I personally believe every loss is a team loss but i also believe every win is a team win also. Its so funny how eli gets all the credit when we win but as soon as we lose everyone is quick to say team. its time eli gets some blame around here. last week he played horrible but got away with it. it was a team loss, but eli was a huge part of it.

Were you here last week? I'm sure there were quite a few people here who gave a lot more credit to Wilson than they did to Eli, and rightfully so.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 07:49 PM
and yeah eli played bad, and hasnt had his best yr

never thought id see you say something like this.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 07:50 PM
It is what it is , he runs hot and cold and is great in the 2min drill. been saying this for years

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Were you here last week? I'm sure there were quite a few people here who gave a lot more credit to Wilson than they did to Eli, and rightfully so.

Thats why i said "when eli plays good". Last week he didnt play good but when he does he gets all of the credit. And even so, i specifically remember a post where someone stated "eli carried the offense until Wilson decided to step up".

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
+1

I concur!

I also have the same problem with it when they play it in the other direction pulling out all the old tired, "the defense forced turnovers or the defense was bad because of the offense" nonsense. Sometimes they do force turnovers and sometimes the other team's offense just sucks. Sometimes the defense gives up points because the offense gave the other team the ball on the 10 yard line and sometimes the well rested, over rated defense comes on the field fresh and has their butts handed to them. But of course we never say it like that because everything must be simplified such that simpletons can understand and post about it.

Anyone who believes this is a one phase or one player problem either doesn't know football or has an agenda or both.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM
That always the case and it goes in both directions.

When another QB makes a pure crap throw and the Giants pick it off we all say they forced the turnover. Same when another team doesn't take crae of the ball and leaves it on the ground. The vaunted Giant defense forced the fumble. Forced my ***, it's all about what you want to believe.

Check the game thread there were folks claiming the defense made a great play when Ryan threw it right to Blackburn and he dropped it. "Great stop by the D!" Hilarious ****.

you mean the play where blackburn dived for the ball and only got 1 hand on it?

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Thats why i said "when eli plays good". Last week he didnt play good but when he does he gets all of the credit. And even so, i specifically remember a post where someone stated "eli carried the offense until Wilson decided to step up".

4TDS - 2INTS doesn't entail as being good?

More people gave credit to Wilson for the short yardage the offense had to work with, as well as the 3TDs he scored.

Even when we routed the Packers, everyone gave props to the team as a whole. Everything clicked that game

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 07:59 PM

you mean the play where Ryan threw it behind his receiver and Blackburn got a hand on it?

Buddy333
Who said it was one player though? I just happens that Eli is the most important player on the eam and he has been struggling.

GameTime
not only one hand but stratching out and down while running. Oh yeah......huge shoulder pads and neck brace..

Or maybe he was just pointing out why get excited over that when overall they stunk....

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Who said it was one player though? I just happens that Eli is the most important player on the eam and he has been struggling.That's the problem, it's ALWAYS him. That's not fair.

He's definitely not playing well, not at all but he's not the sole reason. Too much blame.

GameTime
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
That's the problem, it's ALWAYS him. That's not fair.

He's definitely not playing well, not at all but he's not the sole reason. Too much blame.
I had mentoined that before. Eli shouldnt have to play a great game every game to win. I am not saying that to slam Eli or the team...
Emphasize TEAM. If he plays like ****.....game over......

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
That's the problem, it's ALWAYS him. That's not fair.He's definitely not playing well, not at all but he's not the sole reason. Too much blame.Again, no one said it was all him but he IS the most important player on the team. When he throws a pick in the early portion of the game and when his unit is once again unable to score in the red zone that sets the tone for the game. When the offense scores 0 points and you have a franchise QB that not good and will get noticed before anything else.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 08:05 PM
I had mentoined that before. Eli shouldnt have to play a great game every game to win. I am not saying that to slam Eli or the team...
Emphasize TEAM. If he plays like ****.....game over......I think that's where all these knee jerk reactions are coming from.

A lot of people are expecting for Eli to come save the day every game and that's unrealistic.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Eli is a big cog , but a Cog none the less. we won sb's because of his 2min drill powers and our front 4 holding brady under 18 points.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 08:07 PM
4TDS - 2INTS doesn't entail as being good?

This is exactly what gets me. Eli threw about 3 more passes that game that should have been intercepted but were dropped, and our average field position that game was at the saints 48 yard line. And i know this is one of the concepts sarcasman is trying to point out. Yes he had 4 touchdowns and 2 picks but those are the stats. if you looked at how he played you would have seen he made a lot of mistakes and didnt play sharp. Everyone makes mistakes but if you want to win games in this league you cant turn the ball over the way eli has and expect to be successful. If its possible lets no look at stats and just try to in-vision how certain players played on the field.

G-MENBK
Again, no one said it was all him but he IS the most important player on the team. When he throws a pick in the early portion of the game and when his unit is once again unable to score in the red zone that sets the tone for the game. When the offense scores 0 points and you have a franchise QB that not good and will get noticed before anything else.

Dude, you can't say that this team played like ****. It's like you need to reassure yourself that Eli played worse than everyone else to feel better. Outside of one sack, what did this D do in this game?

Rudyy
Again, no one said it was all him but he IS the most important player on the team. When he throws a pick in the early portion of the game and when his unit is once again unable to score in the red zone that sets the tone for the game. When the offense scores 0 points and you have a franchise QB that not good and will get noticed before anything else.Just because he's the most important person of the game doesn't mean it's all his fault.

Sarcasman
not only one hand but stratching out and down while running. Oh yeah......huge shoulder pads and neck brace..

Or maybe he was just pointing out why get excited over that when overall they stunk....

Yeah, that and it was a pedestrian defensive play. Just like Eli gets way too much credit for pedestrian plays, so do all units because it's easier than calling it what it actually is.

Cruz's catch last year against the Jets was actually called a clutch 99 yard pass by Eli many. Really?

It looked to me like a fairly ordinary swing pass to a receiver who made a very good move against some piss poor tackling.

But once it goes in the stat book all logic goes out the window.

Marvelousmik
you mean the play where Ryan threw it behind his receiver and Blackburn got a hand on it?

yes. the play where matt threw it behind his receiver and blackburn dived and was able to get one hand (his left hand) on it. that play.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 08:08 PM
I just think people use Eli as the scapegoat way too many times.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Dude, you can't say that this team played like ****. It's like you need to reassure yourself that Eli played worse than everyone else to feel better. Outside of one sack, what did this D do in this game?Already said it enough times, the defense was not great today. The offense was just worse.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Emphasize TEAM. If he plays like ****.....game over......

I like this.

He shouldn't have to have a great game in order for them to win but that's kind of how they built the team and that is a huge problem.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Just because he's the most important person of the game doesn't mean it's all his fault.Who said it was?

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
I just think people use Eli as the scapegoat way too many times.Like when else this season?

G-MENBK
This is exactly what gets me. Eli threw about 3 more passes that game that should have been intercepted but were dropped, and our average field position that game was at the saints 48 yard line.

I'm not into playing hypotheticals, especially when defenders should have caught the ball. If we're playing that game, had our receivers not dropped any pass, we'd win a few more games and Eli would have at least 5 more TDS, and our defenders could have walked away with at least 10 interceptions.

Again, more people gave credit to Wilson in that Saints game.

Rudyy
Who said it was?The majority of this board.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 08:11 PM
This is exactly what gets me. Eli threw about 3 more passes that game that should have been intercepted but were dropped, and our average field position that game was at the saints 48 yard line. And i know this is one of the concepts sarcasman is trying to point out. Yes he had 4 touchdowns and 2 picks but those are the stats. if you looked at how he played you would have seen he made a lot of mistakes and didnt play sharp. Everyone makes mistakes but if you want to win games in this league you cant turn the ball over the way eli has and expect to be successful. If its possible lets no look at stats and just try to in-vision how certain players played on the field.

Yes. They won last week so the belief is that he played well. He didn't.

He was slightly better than Brees last week but he sure as hell didn't play well.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Already said it enough times, the defense was not great today. The offense was just worse.

I rest my case.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 08:12 PM
The majority of this board.He is the team MVP and he played, or has been playing, poorly. It comes with the territory.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 08:12 PM
That's the problem, it's ALWAYS him. That's not fair.

Sometimes i cant tell if you're trolling or if you dont realize that you do the same thing that you preach against. Kg takes way more blame that eli on these forums, yet you always side against him and the coaches the majority of the time. In fact, i cant remember you ever pointing blame at someone other than the coaching staff and play calls. Even i will admit i point more blame to the players than the coaches, but i only do it because the coaches take too much blame.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 08:14 PM
yes. the play where matt threw it behind his receiver and blackburn dived and was able to get one hand (his left hand) on it. that play.

OK. So, crappy pass or great defense? I saw crappy pass.

I've got nothing against Blackburn - I'm glad he made the play and the play still does have to get made - and Blackburn has made plenty of great plays for us but that one was a pretty ordinary play made possible by a crappy throw. It sure wasn't great defense. It wasn't crappy defense, but it wasn't great either.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm not into playing hypotheticals, .

thats not the point. its not about if ands or buts. the point i am trying to make is that he hasnt thrown the ball well and he has made bad decisions. if he throws a ball that should be picked off im not really looking and saying damn that should have been intercepted but it wasnt. im looking and saying "come on eli, why are you making bad decisions and why are you so inaccurate right now?". The problem is his ball placement. thats why i thought he played bad. if eli throws 5 touchdowns and all of them were tipped and almost intercepted by the defender, at the end of the day he had 5 touchdowns but it doesnt mean he threw the ball well or played good. thats my point

Morehead State
12-16-2012, 08:17 PM
After Pittsburgh he had Cincy.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 08:17 PM
OK. So, crappy pass or great defense? I saw crappy pass.

id have to go back and look

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 08:20 PM

who do you believe is more of a scapegoat? Eli or Gilbride?

GameTime
12-16-2012, 08:23 PM
who do you believe is more of a scapegoat? Eli or Gilbride?

you would have to know what plays are sent in and what if any audibles to be sure. But far less people know what the OC does or what he is really resposible for. They see Eli. Since the OC is abit of mystery I think KG is the scapegoat more often.....maybe out of football ignorance

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
id have to go back and look

Does it matter? You get what I'm venting about......it's stupid on both sides of the ball and I am an angry drunk......

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 08:28 PM

Strange, but it seems like Eli's best games are when he's unsaddled from a crappy gameplan.

I'll agree, Eli didn't have a great game.....but he had **** to work with today.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
who do you believe is more of a scapegoat? Eli or Gilbride?Eli.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 08:33 PM
you would have to know what plays are sent in and what if any audibles to be sure. But far less people know what the OC does or what he is really resposible for. They see Eli. Since the OC is abit of mystery I think KG is the scapegoat more often.....maybe out of football ignorance

If eli was ridiculed play by play the way Gilbride is, you can bet anything i would be standing up for Eli right now. I just cant let someone take all the heat when they dont deserve it. It has come to the point where there is no such thing as good defense when we are on offense. Unless Eli turns the ball over, If a play doesnt work its gilbrides fault.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 08:35 PM

Agreed. Yeah, he didn't have a good game. But I've seen enough with my own two eyes to know what he is capable of.

If not for Eli, Gilbride's *** would have been bounced to the curb a long, long, long time ago.

When was the last time the rushing attack or the defense won a game for this team?

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Does it matter? You get what I'm venting about......it's stupid on both sides of the ball and I am an angry drunk......

i know what you are trying to say and i agree with the point you are trying to make. You're basically saying stats dont tell the whole story. You have to watch the game and determine things yourself. If chase knocks 12 passes down at the end of the game it looks nice on the stat board. but if you watched the game and saw that chase got beat on all of them but the ball was badly thrown, you know that chase played bad.

Most people dont go by this logic though. Most people just look at the stat board.

"HE BLOCKED PASSES AND THREW 5 TOUCHDOWNS HOW COULD U SAY HE PLAYED BAD!!!?"

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 08:40 PM
i know what you are trying to say and i agree with the point you are trying to make. You're basically saying stats dont tell the whole story. You have to watch the game and determine things yourself. If chase knocks 12 passes down at the end of the game it looks nice on the stat board. but if you watched the game and saw that chase got beat on all of them but the ball was badly thrown, you know that chase played bad.

Most people dont go by this logic though. "HE BLOCKED PASSES AND THREW 5 TOUCHDOWNS HOW COULD U SAY HE PLAYED BAD!!!?"

As if the stat line was the determining factor in whether someone played well or not. Sometimes it is. Often it is not but the new way of analyzing football doesn't take any of that into account. It's now all about "how do provide an analysis that foots to the stat line?"

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Eli.

Alright well i cant count next week because i think we will win the next 2 games. However, during the next rough game we have you wont have to look far to see who gets most of the blame when you watch the game play for play. the ratio between kg and eli blame is like 10 to 1. just take a look at the game day thread.

Down-lifer
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Agreed. Yeah, he didn't have a good game. But I've seen enough with my own two eyes to know what he is capable of.

If not for Eli, Gilbride's *** would have been bounced to the curb a long, long, long time ago.

When was the last time the rushing attack or the defense won a game for this team?Of course we know what he is capable of! That's why it's so frustrating. I'm an Eli fan and I will be the first to say his play has been awful for almost the entire season. It comes down to execution and Eli is not executing. He looks like Mark Sanchez.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 08:55 PM
It's now all about "how do provide an analysis that foots to the stat line?"

exactly. I thought eli played good in the season opener vs the cowboys given the circumstances he was under regardless of how bad the stats looked. I thought he played smart and did a good job of not turning the ball over (correct me if i am wrong i dont feel like going back to check).

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 09:07 PM
exactly. I thought eli played good in the season opener vs the cowboys given the circumstances he was under regardless of how bad the stats looked. I thought he played smart and did a good job of not turning the ball over (correct me if i am wrong i dont feel like going back to check).

Nope I agree completely.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Alright well i cant count next week because i think we will win the next 2 games. However, during the next rough game we have you wont have to look far to see who gets most of the blame when you watch the game play for play. the ratio between kg and eli blame is like 10 to 1. just take a look at the game day thread.I can take a look at the game day thread and see six million people blaming Eli.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Of course we know what he is capable of! That's why it's so frustrating. I'm an Eli fan and I will be the first to say his play has been awful for almost the entire season. It comes down to execution and Eli is not executing. He looks like Mark Sanchez.

He looks like Mark Sanchez, if Mark Sanchez was a two-time Super Bowl winner and had broken Joe Namath's records.

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 09:20 PM
I can take a look at the game day thread and see six million people blaming Eli.

You and I both know who takes the majority of the blame on offense. eli just started taking a lot of heat this season and it is well deserved. there is a "kildrive" thread every week, even when we win.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 09:20 PM
I can take a look at the game day thread and see six million people blaming Eli.No. Every single player gets blames for every single bad play. It's not about picking on Eli. He is the leader and when the leader plays bad it is noticed more is all.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
No. Every single player gets blames for every single bad play. It's not about picking on Eli. He is the leader and when the leader plays bad it is noticed more is all.I understand that, but people don't even want to know why or how he is playing so bad, they just shout "ELI UN-ELITE ELI SUCKS!111".

Hakeem isn't healthy.

The o line?? wtf was that today?

Cruz is playing scared, I love him to death but he is.

They took Wilson out.

Put a crappy game plan in there and bam.

Joe Morrison
12-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Eli was off, Coaching staff had no clue, pulled Wilson way to early, played a couple of bottom feeders who were sitting home drinking beer playing fantasy football, Defense held them in the game unitl the half, but the notorious Nascar is Parked for the season, never showed up, knew the Prince would be missed the most, that other kid out there is to agressive and gets burned to much, always looking to make a play but guesses wrong more often than right.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 10:06 PM
I understand that, but people don't even want to know why or how he is playing so bad, they just shout "ELI UN-ELITE ELI SUCKS!111". Hakeem isn't healthy.The o line?? wtf was that today?Cruz is playing scared, I love him to death but he is.They took Wilson out.Put a crappy game plan in there and bam.Again, all of the players catch heat. You never saw a Diehl thread on this board? Nicks isn't healthy. I started a thread before the 49ers game saying they should have sat him. That whet over well. Come on. TC and KG are called out all the time. PF might be the most disliked guy on this board.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Again, all of the players catch heat. You never saw a Diehl thread on this board? Nicks isn't healthy. I started a thread before the 49ers game saying they should have sat him. That whet over well. Come on. TC and KG are called out all the time. PF might be the most disliked guy on this board.Don't get me wrong, I agree I'm just saying Eli is the scapegoat for some people on here.

They expect him to pull miracles out of his *** every game.
Now I know he hasn't been playing well, but it's not JUST him.

brad
12-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I understand that, but people don't even want to know why or how he is playing so bad, they just shout "ELI UN-ELITE ELI SUCKS!111".

Hakeem isn't healthy.

The o line?? wtf was that today?

Cruz is playing scared, I love him to death but he is.

They took Wilson out.

Put a crappy game plan in there and bam.

There are plenty of threads calling out Bradshaw, DD, Bennet and just about any other player you can name on this team, especially after a loss like today... or a 6 game stretch like they have had. Eli isn't exempt from that just because he is the QB or the first pick in the draft. In fact, since he is the leader of the offense, the most highly paid and the only one who touches the ball on every play, he will always get the bulk of the credit when things go well and the bulk of the blame when they don't. I don't see you on here saying Eli was only OK... it was the O-line, receivers and RB that were great, after a Giants win... so if you give Eli most of the credit for the win, it is only logical that he receives most of the blame after a loss.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
There are plenty of threads calling out Bradshaw, DD, Bennet and just about any other player you can name on this team, especially after a loss like today... or a 6 game stretch like they have had. Eli isn't exempt from that just because he is the QB or the first pick in the draft. In fact, since he is the leader of the offense, the most highly paid and the only one who touches the ball on every play, he will always get the bulk of the credit when things go well and the bulk of the blame when they don't. I don't see you on here saying Eli was only OK... it was the O-line, receivers and RB that were great, after a Giants win... so if you give Eli most of the credit for the win, it is only logical that he receives most of the blame after a loss.I don't think it's fair he gets the bulk of the credit when we win or lose. I'll admit that I'm guilty of blaming specific players and personnel from time to time, but I learned that's stupid. There are many factors that go into wins and losses. Look over the past few weeks and the Eli threads are becoming more and more ridiculous. Someone on here compared him to Mark Sanchez...what? that's asinine.

People were screaming at him about not scoring offensive touchdowns, then after we start scoring touchdowns he's STILL criticized, meanwhile everyone got a pass. The defense got a pass they were back to normal, the receivers were back to normal, the running game was back to normal but not Eli..he missed this person on this play and could of had a touchdown on this play, It's so much nitpicking it's ridiculous. That's where I'm getting at.

I understand that he's not playing well at all, I get it but to say "This one is on Eli" what? no.

GameTime
12-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Patriots just got a 4th and 4 easy peasy.
Giants cant even muster up 1 4th and 1 conversion

brad
12-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't think it's fair he gets the bulk of the credit when we win or lose. I'll admit that I'm guilty of blaming specific players and personnel from time to time, but I learned that's stupid. There are many factors that go into wins and losses. Look over the past few weeks and the Eli threads are becoming more and more ridiculous. Someone on here compared him to Mark Sanchez...what? that's asinine.

People were screaming at him about not scoring offensive touchdowns, then after we start scoring touchdowns he's STILL criticized, meanwhile everyone got a pass. The defense got a pass they were back to normal, the receivers were back to normal, the running game was back to normal but not Eli..he missed this person on this play and could of had a touchdown on this play, It's so much nitpicking it's ridiculous. That's where I'm getting at.

I understand that he's not playing well at all, I get it but to say "This one is on Eli" what? no.

Yeah, I responded to the Sanchez comment saying that was taking it too far. Eli has definitely been pretty bad for most of the past 6 games, but I agree with you, that is not all on him. When you have a 6 game stretch like this offense has had... its pretty fair to blame everyone :) What I don't like is those that put the blame on everyone except Eli, somehow believing he is elite while everyone around him is holding him back. He won't be elite unless the players around him are also playing at a high level, and that won't happen if Eli isn't playing at a high level. There are 11 guys on the field at one time, and a good offense relies on every single one of them.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I responded to the Sanchez comment saying that was taking it too far. Eli has definitely been pretty bad for most of the past 6 games, but I agree with you, that is not all on him. When you have a 6 game stretch like this offense has had... its pretty fair to blame everyone :) What I don't like is those that put the blame on everyone except Eli, somehow believing he is elite while everyone around him is holding him back. He won't be elite unless the players around him are also playing at a high level, and that won't happen if Eli isn't playing at a high level. There are 11 guys on the field at one time, and a good offense relies on every single one of them.Eli needs people around him to be effective. You're right. He cannot be elite if the pieces around him are playing like utter trash and vice versa.

brad
12-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Eli needs people around him to be effective. You're right. He cannot be elite if the pieces around him are playing like utter trash and vice versa.

Agreed... and pretty much everyone played like trash today.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 10:53 PM
That's life in the NFL. The QB is the most important player on the team.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
That's life in the NFL. The QB is the most important player on the team.I agree, but the question is does he deserve all the blame?

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 11:03 PM
I agree, but the question is does he deserve all the blame?Lol. Again, he is not getting all the blame. There have been multiple threads today alone calling out other players. Go check the board. Why does it seem like Eli gets more blame than others? Well, he is the highest paid player on he team and has not played well in a while. Yeah, his OL is no good, and yeah Nicks is not healthy, but he has been off and his interception and the offenses inability to score in the red zone set the tone for the game early on.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Lol. Again, he is not getting all the blame. There have been multiple threads today alone calling out other players. Go check the board. Why does it seem like Eli gets more blame than others? Well, he is the highest paid player on he team and has not played well in a while. Yeah, his OL is no good, and yeah Nicks is not healthy, but he has been off and his interception and the offenses inability to score in the red zone set the tone for the game early on.Isn't that putting most of the blame on him then?

Harooni
12-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Isn't that putting most of the blame on him then? good

brad
12-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Isn't that putting most of the blame on him then?

Those statements aren't exactly untrue however. I agree with your premise that he isn't the only one to blame... but suggesting that people don't point out the flaws in his game makes it seem like your suggesting he receive none of the blame (I know that's not what your saying).

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Isn't that putting most of the blame on him then?He and the rest of the offense. Yes.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 11:22 PM
He and the rest of the offense. Yes.Gotcha

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 11:32 PM
GotchaGot what? Been saying the offense has been bad for some time now. The offense goes as Eli goes.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Got what? Been saying the offense has been bad for some time now. The offense goes as Eli goes.Well I thought you were blaming just Eli, and sometimes it seems you still are lol but it's whatever.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM
It wasn't all on him but his interceptions and the offense inability to score in the red zone set the tone for the game.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
It wasn't all on him but his interceptions and the offense inability to score in the red zone set the tone for the game.Valid

Harooni
12-17-2012, 12:05 AM
there seems to be a ton of excuses all the time. something got in eli's eye, he had a bad night at the karokee bar, cruz is too short, the sun was in his eyes. he is playing with no wisdom teeth. it gets old after so many years.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 12:06 AM
there seems to be a ton of excuses all the time. something got in eli's eye, he had a bad night at the karokee bar, cruz is too short, the sun was in his eyes. he is playing with no wisdom teeth. it gets old after so many years.It's not an excuse if it's true.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 12:09 AM
It's not an excuse if it's true. he is too old for excuses. come to grips with it. not elite. he has great games and also ducks.

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Lol.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 12:12 AM
he is too old for excuses. come to grips with it. not elite. he has great games and also ducks.Well when I meant excuses..I meant bad play calling..inconsistent offensive line..losing your premiere running back, did I mention horrible play calling?

He doesn't have to be elite in my book but that's another story.

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah but he gets paid to be elite. Still want him to be this teams QB for a long time, but he is in a slump right now. No, he isn't the only reason why hey are losing, but the unit he leads has been the biggest problem.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Well when I meant excuses..I meant bad play calling..inconsistent offensive line..losing your premiere running back, did I mention horrible play calling?

He doesn't have to be elite in my book but that's another story. i hear u . im just being a ******

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 12:15 AM
i hear u . im just being a ******stAHP messing with me. Makes Rudy sad :/

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah but he gets paid to be elite. Still want him to be this teams QB for a long time, but he is in a slump right now. No, he isn't the only reason why hey are losing, but the unit he leads has been the biggest problem.A logical Buddy post! I love it.

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 12:18 AM
You just haven't been reading. Been saying the are thing all day.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 12:19 AM
You just haven't been reading. Been saying the are thing all day.I was kidding.

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Based on what we have seen what will change this week? Maybe their backs being to the wall? It wasn't just this game the offense has been struggling.

stormin normand
12-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Went to this game and he did seem lost