PDA

View Full Version : Victor ""Alligator Arms" Ciuz

TroyArcher
12-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Since being hit hard in the Steelers game he has played scared.

GMenOnDeck
12-16-2012, 04:07 PM
He had 100+ yards last week ? O_o

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah, he's playing scared.

Let's hope it's temporary and not career ending....

TroyArcher
12-16-2012, 04:09 PM

My point is he is short arming it when going over the middle. Not good for a slot receiver.

WiIdcat
12-16-2012, 04:10 PM
eli left him out to dry

TroyArcher
12-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Eli was scrambling for his life today.

titwio
12-16-2012, 04:12 PM
My point is he is short arming it when going over the middle. Not good for a slot receiver.

Yep, I definitely noticed a difference since he originally took that shot earlier in the year. The way he ole'd that pass was pretty awful looking. Honestly I don't even think he got hurt on that play today...looked more like compensation for not going after the ball.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 04:13 PM
eli left him out to dry

Not that it would have mattered since he was bailing on the ball long before.....

LOL yeah, receivers don't take hits in the NFL....

Tmurda1984
12-16-2012, 04:14 PM

Cruz is out there giving it his all. Too bad Nicks can never stay healthy. Its all Nicks fault why this offense is not explosive as it was. Its time to let go of Barden and Jernigan these guys been here too long to be lost in this system. Hixon is very good but like Nicks he has trouble staying on the field. Cruz is the only ironman we have in the WR corps. If you want to talk about Alligator arms give that title to Bennett.

TheShouldersOf
12-16-2012, 04:14 PM
you get paid to Catch the football, not watch it sail past you, it's football you get hit, you get hit hard

dakotajoe
12-16-2012, 04:16 PM
1000+ yards 13 games into the season. Awful receiver.

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 04:16 PM

If you can't see it, then never will.

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 04:18 PM

1000+ yards has nothing to do with him playing scared. If Cruz is going to get hit, then he will drop balls. He has done this alot the since mid season.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 04:18 PM

I didn't hear anyone say awful I just see folks disappointed in him playing scared ever since he took a big hit a few weeks back.

It happens, hopefully he'll come out of it

TheAnalyst
12-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Please don't defend Eli. He is playing the worst QB in his career right now. Those interceptions are ridiculous. He is not even playing good anymore, forget elite.

You ever notice Tom Brady throwing a ball to his wr. He throws it almost downward. Eli throws high all the time and leaves the WRs in a dangerous position.

He needs to get it together.

This team needs to stop dedicating games to things, it always backfired. 9-11 game, 10 year after 9-11 game, Sandy storm game, Sandy Hook massacre game...

titwio

No one is saying he's awful. He's just not the same player going over the middle. And it shows.

TroyArcher

Yes, but is a slot receiver and he can not have alligator arms. He has to take the hits. Did you watch the game today, that was embarassing.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Please don't defend Eli. He is playing the worst QB in his career right now. Those interceptions are ridiculous. He is not even playing good anymore, forget elite.

There's no one on the team that deserves defending. No one.

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 04:27 PM
There's no one on the team that deserves defending. No one.
+1

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 04:30 PM

You ever notice Tom Brady throwing a ball to his wr. He throws it almost downward. Eli throws high all the time and leaves the WRs in a dangerous position.

He needs to get it together.

This team needs to stop dedicating games to things, it always backfired. 9-11 game, 10 year after 9-11 game, Sandy storm game, Sandy Hook massacre game...

Wake us when you have some numbers to back this up. Meanwhile, our team - top to bottom - sucks.

Joe Morrison
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
I have to agree, Cruz seems to be looking to get hit and not staying focused, if he caught that one today he was tstill going to get hit so why pull up, time to get back on your game Victor.

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 08:35 PM
you get paid to Catch the football, not watch it sail past you, it's football you get hit, you get hit hard

How is it he's the leading receiver with another 1,000 + yard season?

dakotajoe
12-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes, but is a slot receiver and he can not have alligator arms. He has to take the hits. Did you watch the game today, that was embarassing.

I did watch a play where he let up on a ball down the middle while Chris Hope was zeroing in for the headshot. Hope got flagged, it turned out to be a 20+ yard gain for the Giants created by Cruz's ability to get open. It was actually one of the biggest plays of the day thanks to Cruz.

I was impressed that he was intelligent enough to draw a flag rather than risk a concussion or serious injury given the situation. I'm sure Hope was really hoping to do some damage because Falcons were up by nearly 30 at that point and had nothing to lose by getting penalized.

He dropped a ball on third a 10 against the Skins but it was on about a 4 yard hook and there were about 3 defenders in zone coverage in front of him. The only chance of getting a first down was making a move before the catch, he happened to drop the ball by trying to do too much.

Cruz has a few bad drops this season but I can think of about two dozen players on the Giants to complain about before him.

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM

No one is saying that Cruz isn't a good player. People are just pointing out the fact that he has been playing scared since the Steelers game. He is always seem to be bracing himself well before the hits arrive or before he even catches the ball. He doesn't seem as focused as he was at the beginning of the season.

Parademon
12-16-2012, 09:59 PM

Not true! In todays "soft' NFL, if you hit a WR too hard, you get flagged. See Cincy vs Dez last week.

ImElectric2
12-16-2012, 11:30 PM

Come on, you're gonna tell me you didn't see Victor stop on that route before the illegal hit to the head penalty that sent him to the sidelines? He def has played with fear since that Steelers game. Even when he went back into the Steelers game there was a t least one pass that I can remember where he pulled up in fear of taking the hit. I'm not saying I blame him, but I can say I don't like it and its not gonna help him get to 1,100 yards if he keeps playing scared.

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Cruz is soft, Welker is the best slot receiver

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 06:26 AM

Thank God the Giants didn't give hime big money to stay...the Giants should let him walk, just as they let Manningham go......and tell them to take David Wilson with him.

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 06:28 AM

If he wasn't an alligator arm sissy, he would have even more yardage....Danny Amendola is a free agent and the Giants should go after him....he plays like a man, not a scared church mouse.

Tmurda1984
12-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Cruz is soft, Welker is the best slot receiver

Welker is a damn good slot receiver so that nothing to be ashamed of. Cruz is our best receiver here. Hakeem Nicks is playing like trash and can not even hold Dez Bryant's jockstrap this season. Just look how young guys like AJ Green and Dez Bryant are exploding out there. Dez Bryant played with a broken finger and still caught the ball better than Nicks. For a number 1 pick, Nicks needs to be a lot better than what he is.....he's waaay to injury prone and it this continues we can start throwing around the word bust. That makes no sense that an undrafted free agent is outplaying our number 1 pick. Reese is a dummy.

EliDaMANning
12-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Cruz got hit yesterday because he stopped. If he had kept running in stride not only he could've avoided the hit but score too. He put himself in that position by bailing out.

dakotajoe
12-17-2012, 09:17 AM
If he ran full speed into the safety to make the catch he would probably still be KO'd. Thank God he has some sense, we can use him next week.

timmytimm3
12-17-2012, 09:18 AM
That makes no sense that an undrafted free agent is outplaying our number 1 pick. Reese is a dummy.

This statement makes no sense. Reese is the one who got Cruz here undrafted in the first place. He also can't see into the future to know Nicks would be battling injuries all season.

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 10:11 AM

Cruz does look bad now as he is playing scared....Thank God the Giants didn't give him a big extension. He has proven himself to be a good WR, nothing less and nothing more......and now that he is acting like the old Eagle's WR Pinkston over the middle, his value is much less than it was......there is no room for cowards in the NFL at the WR position.

GeoGoGo
12-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Cruz is out there giving it his all. Too bad Nicks can never stay healthy. Its all Nicks fault why this offense is not explosive as it was. Its time to let go of Barden and Jernigan these guys been here too long to be lost in this system. Hixon is very good but like Nicks he has trouble staying on the field. Cruz is the only ironman we have in the WR corps. If you want to talk about Alligator arms give that title to Bennett.

This post should be expected by someone named Tmurda. Ban please.

TroyArcher
12-17-2012, 11:20 AM

I like Cruz but you have to admit he has been tentative going over the middle in recent weeks. Nicks is hurt (no surprise there).

EliDaMANning
12-17-2012, 11:21 AM
If he ran full speed into the safety to make the catch he would probably still be KO'd. Thank God he has some sense, we can use him next week.And instead, he gave up on the play and still got clocked. It was a dirty play though.