PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin needs to take charge of this team.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 04:08 PM
I like Tom alot, and I have faith that he is going to slap some fire into his coordinators before they stupid themselves out of playoff contention.

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 04:13 PM
I like Tom alot, and I have faith that he is going to slap some fire into his coordinators before they stupid themselves out of playoff contention.

I agree. I am glad Coughlin is our coach, but I feel he give KG and PF free rain on what they do or what plays they call.

BlueReign
12-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Take control of the calls. Prevent our idiot DEs from speaking to the media. And win some damn games.

MikeyMike01
12-16-2012, 04:15 PM
If they don't make the playoffs Coughlin will be largely to blame.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 04:16 PM
This really wasn't on coaching as much as absolutely HORRIFYING execution. But all are to blame - Coughlin is in absolute control.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 04:16 PM
If youd already like to blame coughlin for missing the playoffs we havent yet missed you sure as hell better be ready to line up and kiss his *** for the SB'S we have already won with him.

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 04:20 PM
If they don't make the playoffs Coughlin will be largely to blame.

Coughlin is fine. I am just done with PF and KG. They both didn't show up. Both guys didn't make in game adjustments. Why even play the game if that was the case.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-16-2012, 04:21 PM
This really wasn't on coaching as much as absolutely HORRIFYING execution. But all are to blame - Coughlin is in absolute control.You are wrong in all aspects. TC does not have control. This team played flat and on cruise control all game. ZERO intensity all day from all players except Lumpkin!

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 04:21 PM
This really wasn't on coaching as much as absolutely HORRIFYING execution. But all are to blame - Coughlin is in absolute control.

So, I am guessing three draw plays up the middle two for a lost and one for a two yards gain is good play calling, huh? Lol. KG and PF sucks.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 04:22 PM
You are wrong in all aspects. TC does not have control. This team played flat and on cruise control all game. ZERO intensity all day from all players except Lumpkin!

It looked that way because they got their asses kicked..stop talking about intensity and those type things..of course they looked flat they got killed.

Giantterp
12-16-2012, 04:23 PM

Well i guess i agree, but why now and not two weeks ago for the Redskin game? If it was that simple....

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Hmm the draw averaged well over 5 a carry today - so yep not bad - you do realize the draw is about the only way to run out of the gun and if 6 are in the box eli will check to it everytime. Oh wow you can call a draw? Guess what any fan can - this doesnt make you nostradamus it doesnt make eli a bad checker and it doesnt make gilbride a bad coach - unless you hate top 10 offenses and just need things to blame. LOL.

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Some people here kill me. lol. 2-4 in the second half of the season. This team has a track record of doing this every season. I think we have a chance of beating the Eagles, but knowing Andy is going to play Santa and deliver us a late Christmas gift.

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Hmm the draw averaged well over 5 a carry today - so yep not bad - you do realize the draw is about the only way to run out of the gun and if 6 are in the box eli will check to it everytime. Oh wow you can call a draw? Guess what any fan can - this doesnt make you nostradamus it doesnt make eli a bad checker and it doesnt make gilbride a bad coach - unless you hate top 10 offenses and just need things to blame. LOL.

It was on display today to, right? We just got hammered, and you had the nerve to talk about top 10 offense. lol

titwio
12-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I just find it hard to believe that the Giants, with all the talent and weapons they have on offense, couldn't put a single point on the board.

brad
12-16-2012, 04:30 PM
You are wrong in all aspects. TC does not have control. This team played flat and on cruise control all game. ZERO intensity all day from all players except Lumpkin!

No question that execution was horrible, but teams have coaches for a reason. They are there to create game plans that put the players in the best position to execute, to get players ready to play the game... and last but not least, pull players off the field if they continuously go out and fail to execute. If you are saying the players didn't execute, yet again, then that falls on the coach as much as the players. It is his job to make sure they do or put someone out there that will, ultimately he is responsible win or lose. He is the last man in the chain of responsibility.

All that being said, I don't want him to be gone... but I do hope that he makes some changes with his coordinators.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 04:30 PM
The nerve- those are called facts - we lost big time - so did the pack against us two weeks ago - did you see them put there tails between there legs and cry abnout it. Grow up and try and stop having temper tantrums. Sometimes you lose - lick your wounds man up and get better next week. Or keep crying and blaming everyone.

Coughlin has no control? Laughable.

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 04:35 PM
The nerve- those are called facts - we lost big time - so did the pack against us two weeks ago - did you see them put there tails between there legs and cry abnout it. Grow up and try and stop having temper tantrums. Sometimes you lose - lick your wounds man up and get better next week. Or keep crying and blaming everyone.

Coughlin has no control? Laughable.aint no one gonna be able to "execute" when the opposition knows ur next 3 steps...atl looked like they were in the huddle on both sides of the ball for us...they were well prepared and im sorry, the execution excuse is bs this week. aint no one gnna be able to do a thing when corners can jump routes they know are coming, and what we did execute well, Wilson had 50 yds his first handful of carries, we were moving...bc of a missed fg we went away from the run with wilson...this was pathetic from KG and PF no ifs ands or buts about it imho

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 04:36 PM
he made no adjustments to what atl was doing. did u notice that? we didnt try and make any sort of changes. atl was all over us and im sorry how can u execute in the face of that???? this is the nfl. both sides are playing. usually the teams with the better coaching are going to execute better, and thats not a coincidence.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Youre totally right mike smith is just a superior coach to coughlin - but coughlin must be superior to bellicheck by this reasoning. And ten times better then mularkey but wait not as good as shannahan and a lot better then harbaugh but not better then reid but way better then garrett - if only your backwards reasoning actually meant anything. Coughlins track record is proven wether you'd like to believe it or not.

DarkSaint
12-16-2012, 04:43 PM
How can the most complex offense be so predictable. ATL knew what we were running and had players exactly in the right spot. The OC has to simplify the offense for the wrs which will allow other players to see the field. I also want to see better designed plays. How can Shanahan coach a rookie to 330 yard without nicks and Cruz on his team. THIS IS ALL ON THE COACHING AND our GARBAGE PLAYBOOK THATS 5 YEARS OLD.

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-16-2012, 05:16 PM
So, I am guessing three draw plays up the middle two for a lost and one for a two yards gain is good play calling, huh? Lol. KG and PF sucks.It's brilliant play calling. No one would guess that are offensive coordinator would be that ******ed to do that.

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-16-2012, 05:17 PM
But obviously they know he is stupid enough.

bearbryant
12-16-2012, 05:30 PM
How can the most complex offense be so predictable. ATL knew what we were running and had players exactly in the right spot. The OC has to simplify the offense for the wrs which will allow other players to see the field. I also want to see better designed plays. How can Shanahan coach a rookie to 330 yard without nicks and Cruz on his team. THIS IS ALL ON THE COACHING AND our GARBAGE PLAYBOOK THATS 5 YEARS OLD.

The truth hurts, doesn't it! It should. his team has been coasting for a long time. Listen to a old Giant, Carl Banks, he needs to tell the OC what should be obvious but it isn't. The offense fools no one and the defense is soft. TC lost charge of this team years ago. Don't be fooled by the 2 SB's. ut thanx for the memories! Go Giants