PDA

View Full Version : This loss will be a blessing in disguise come playoff time.

SuperNYGiants
12-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Winning two in a row against Atlanta at their place was going to be very unlikely, so I'll take the loss in a regular season over losing in the playoffs.

Secondly, yeah the Giants didn't play well, but on the flip side, they've hit rock bottom, so from here on out things should only get better.

Lastly, I'm not making an excuse, but what has happened in Connecticut probably has put a lot of players from playing all out being that it was a very troubling distraction, and I'm ok with it, sometimes, life matters more than football. I myself really couldn't get into the game because of it as well, it just puts everything in a perspective. If it was just a normal Sunday, I would be tearing out my hair watching this game, but I was just calm.

At this point, all I'm really hoping for is that they make the playoffs, I think the thoughts on winning it all at this point is not something to dwell on anymore as I no longer can say that Giants are the best team in NFL. This team clearly has consistency issues and this time around I don't see it going away magically come playoff time.

Giantterp
12-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Well that's a positive outlook!

Somehow I think a win and basically sealing a wild card spot would have been a little better for the team.

crooza172
We aren't making the playoffs...

Toadofsteel
dude, we've lost the divison. there isn't going to be a playoffs for us unless RG3 suddenly goes into super derp mode...

Giantterp
12-16-2012, 04:20 PM

Win the next two their in!

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 04:21 PM
dude, we've lost the divison. there isn't going to be a playoffs for us unless RG3 suddenly goes into super derp mode...

Well, there is his banged up knee.

But you're still left with Cousins and I wouldn't be surprised if he lit us up.

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 04:22 PM
wow i agree completely nice post. i think this is gonna play out like last yr. balt is dead in the water too it looks like...win out we're in and making a deep run

Irish42
12-16-2012, 04:48 PM
I agree with the opening post. Its hard to get into football when your thoughts are with those who lost loved ones. The Giants will be fine. They know how to make a good story. Be underdogs, and come back to take it all.

Overdrive92
12-16-2012, 04:49 PM
In order to play Atlanta again, you realize that not only do we have the make the Playoffs (which may not happen), we'll have to beat likely Green Bay or San Fran first...

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Loses bad. Wins good.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 04:50 PM

Depends which team shows up....at this point, though, it's like flipping a coin.

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Dallas is going to win today and put the Giants in 3rd place.

gmenfan0488
12-16-2012, 04:54 PM
if Dallas wins this game, we don't make the playoffs.