PDA

View Full Version : THAT is exactly why the coaching staff needs to be fired!!!!

FBomb
12-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Too many big plays taken away because of stupid mistakes like 12 men on the field!!! </P>

M0rbid
12-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Good ole zone defense.

FBomb
12-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

Well, Fewell should be fired anyway, but the lack of accountibility for these dumb mistakes falls on the boss....TC has to go.</P>

ELI_Iz_God
12-24-2011, 02:20 PM
A loss today and a Cowgirl win makes next weeks game meaningless..which also means no sense in waiting to after the season to Can Coughlin and company

NYG 5
12-24-2011, 02:21 PM
its the mentality that gets them caught with their pants down.

they don't think of attacking the way other coaches do, therefore, they have no idea how to defense it.

FBomb
12-24-2011, 02:22 PM
A loss today and a Cowgirl win makes next weeks game meaningless..which also means no sense in waiting to after the season to Can Coughlin and company</P>

The Giants NEVER fire a HC during the season. It wouldn't make any difference anyway.</P>

Vtgmenfan89
12-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Not to mention the O-line change after we'd had the most productive/best line group we've had all season to put a center back in who has done NOTHING good all tear. I loved the way petrus had played and i thought he earned himself a starting spot, moreso than baas. Without petrus' pull block to convert for 2 against cowgirls, we may not win. Baas gets to start cuz of his contract.

threenout
this is just a BAD football team. no heart, no pride, no brains

jparmer
I have this horrible feeling that no matter how our season ends we will give all of our current coaches a pass due to lack of offseason and injuries. I seriously hope this doesn't happen

ELI_Iz_God
A loss today and a Cowgirl win makes next weeks game meaningless..which also means no sense in waiting to after the season to Can Coughlin and company</P>

The Giants NEVER fire a HC during the season.* It wouldn't make any difference anyway.</P>

with all the other teams who are in the market for a HC right now...not a time you want to just sit on it and hope the good prospects aren't already grabbed up

oldgiantfan
A loss today and a Cowgirl win makes next weeks game meaningless..which also means no sense in waiting to after the season to Can Coughlin and company

A loss today and it's over. It doesn't matter what they do next week. The division belongs to either the cowboys or Eagles

giantyankee1976
12-24-2011, 02:25 PM
well so far so bad...damn

FBomb
12-24-2011, 02:25 PM
its the mentality that gets them caught with their pants down.

they don't think of attacking the way other coaches do, therefore, they have no idea how to defense it.
</P>

I'm truly sick of the way this team plays soft. Even when we DO wrap a player up he's able to fight for extra yards. </P>

FBomb
12-24-2011, 02:27 PM

The Giants NEVER fire a HC during the season. It wouldn't make any difference anyway.</P>

with all the other teams who are in the market for a HC right now...not a time you want to just sit on it and hope the good prospects aren't already grabbed up</P>

Cowher is holding out for the job. This is where he wants to coach.</P>

nycisgreat
Why in the world would team sub players, and the offense is running a no huddle offense. The jets pulled a belichek on us.

ELI_Iz_God
I have this horrible feeling that no matter how our season ends we will give all of our current coaches a pass due to lack of offseason and injuries. I seriously hope this doesn't happen

We could be 100% healthy right now and still out there with no instensity/heart. Piss poor excuse if that's why they would get a pass. Injuries have nothing to do with the mental side of it...Except if your tuck..

FBomb
12-24-2011, 02:28 PM
I have this horrible feeling that no matter how our season ends we will give all of our current coaches a pass due to lack of offseason and injuries. I seriously hope this doesn't happen</P>

No way.</P>

harrycarson
12-24-2011, 02:29 PM

You open the board for being mean n Christmas cause really? No kidding!!!!! Gilbride is on that 1st TD, give them field position with his pee wee runs to start

Tony Bruno
12-24-2011, 02:30 PM
I agree... These guys are toast...

Tony Bruno
I agree... These guys are toast...

GOBIGBLUE52

I can't see the lack of offseason being an excuse. Every team had to deal with that. Didn't stop teams like the Packers, Saints, 49ers, etc.

Injuries are no excuse either. The Texans lost their best DE, their best receiver, and are playing with a third string QB. They're going to the playoffs (probably a first round exit, but the fact remains).

jparmer
I'm not giving any of them an excuse. I want them all gone. I'm just thinking about the integrity and class our owners have.

FBomb
Not to mention the O-line change after we'd had the most productive/best line group we've had all season to put a center back in who has done NOTHING good all tear. I loved the way petrus had played and i thought he earned himself a starting spot, moreso than baas. Without petrus' pull block to convert for 2 against cowgirls, we may not win. Baas gets to start cuz of his contract.</P>

That falls on Reese and I said before the season that the o-line is my biggest worry with this team. Who knew that the defense was going to complete for the title of sukiest part of the team?</P>

NYG 5
12-24-2011, 02:35 PM
i tell you what, watching the Jets use that fullback on the touchdown made me weep for the way Payton used to use Comella.

sure he started throwing the ball to much, but he did pretty good for an offense where half of the best receivers were runningbacks.

FBomb
12-24-2011, 02:37 PM
i tell you what, watching the Jets use that fullback on the touchdown made me weep for the way Payton used to use Comella.

sure he started throwing the ball to much, but he did pretty good for an offense where half of the best receivers were runningbacks.
</P>

I always loved Payton's play calling, but as usual we let the wrong person go.</P>

FBomb
12-24-2011, 02:51 PM
ANOTHER reason the coaching staff has to go. 1st and goal on the 2 and we passed it TWICE!!!!</P>

I am so sick of this team!!</P>

GOBIGBLUE52
12-24-2011, 03:09 PM

</p>

I always loved Payton's play calling, but as usual we let the wrong person go.</p>

I don't buy that, I remember specifically the giants offense in 2002 under him was so bad (especially in redzone) that he was stripped of playcalling duties. I even remember laughing my *** off when the saints hired him...nobody knew he would be a good coach.

gumby742
12-24-2011, 03:11 PM
ANOTHER reason the coaching staff has to go.* 1st and goal on the 2 and we passed it TWICE!!!!</P>

we ****ing suck. our mentality sucks. we have no heart. no discipline. no fire. We'd be a better team if we had all chase blackburns and eli.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

Well, Fewell should be fired anyway, but the lack of accountibility for these dumb mistakes falls on the boss....TC has to go.</P>
Don't want to wait until the game is over??

A high percentage of thread like this look silly at the end of the game .. . . . . justt saying.

Although I did almost throw my beer bottle through the tv after that penalty . . . . .

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2011, 03:18 PM
ANOTHER reason the coaching staff has to go.* 1st and goal on the 2 and we passed it TWICE!!!!</P>

we ****ing suck. our mentality sucks. we have no heart. no discipline. no fire. We'd be a better team if we had all chase blackburns and eli.

You mean the Chase Blackburn that made one of the dumbest plays in SB history? Like his enthusiasm . . . but if we had all Chase Blackburns, we would have a bad Pop Warner team

giantyankee1976
12-24-2011, 03:42 PM

</p>

I always loved Payton's play calling, but as usual we let the wrong person go.</p>

I don't buy that, I remember specifically the giants offense in 2002 under him was so bad (especially in redzone) that he was stripped of playcalling duties. I even remember laughing my *** off when the saints hired him...nobody knew he would be a good coach.

that Drew Brees dude is pretty good too [:|]

King Sully
12-24-2011, 03:48 PM
we need an INFUSION of leadership and heart, a ray lewis-esque type of leader on defense.

BurnerNYG
12-24-2011, 03:50 PM

we ****ing suck. our mentality sucks. we have no heart. no discipline. no fire. We'd be a better team if we had all chase blackburns and eli.I don't think a team with all Blackburns would beat anybody. He has a high motor and all but when I look at that guy, he looks dumb as a bag of rocks.

Die-Hard
12-24-2011, 03:55 PM
ANOTHER reason the coaching staff has to go. 1st and goal on the 2 and we passed it TWICE!!!!</p>

I am so sick of this team!!</p>

we ****ing suck. our mentality sucks. we have no heart. no discipline. no fire. We'd be a better team if we had all chase blackburns and eli.I don't think a team with all Blackburns would beat anybody. He has a high motor and all but when I look at that guy, he looks dumb as a bag of rocks.

So because he looks dumb to you, he can't play football?

Makes no sense at all

BurnerNYG
12-24-2011, 04:00 PM
ANOTHER reason the coaching staff has to go.* 1st and goal on the 2 and we passed it TWICE!!!!</p>

I am so sick of this team!!</p>

So because he looks dumb to you, he can't play football?

Makes no sense at all
WTH was he doing when the Jets downed that punt? It's not just the look.

jparmer
12-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Good call gilbride 3rd and 1 let's throw deep

FBomb
12-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

Don't want to wait until the game is over?? A high percentage of thread like this look silly at the end of the game .. . . . . justt saying. Although I did almost throw my beer bottle through the tv after that penalty . . . . .</P>

How so? Does winning excuse the dumb mistakes?? Mistakes like those usually cost us games. Lukily the Jets made more dumb mistakes.</P>

gumby742
12-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

Don't want to wait until the game is over?? A high percentage of thread like this look silly at the end of the game .. . . . . justt saying. Although I did almost throw my beer bottle through the tv after that penalty . . . . .</P>

How so?* Does winning excuse the dumb mistakes??* Mistakes like those usually cost us games.* Lukily the Jets made more dumb mistakes.</P>

Agree. Win or no win, bad coaching is bad coaching. Either way, you're holding a team back. And we're not exactly lighting teams up out there.

giantyankee1976
12-24-2011, 09:52 PM

LOL

I'm telling the wife, all we have to do is pound that rock and eat up the clock, then Eli throws to Nicks who volley balls it to Harris... [:$]

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

Well, Fewell should be fired anyway, but the lack of accountibility for these dumb mistakes falls on the boss....TC has to go.</P>Goodness Fbomb, now you are going to be on Roanoke's dog house. You dared tell the truth, therefore you are "negative" and a "hater" and a such you should go root for the eagles. You see no one sees these "little" mistakes that fall right on the HC lap. Things like discipline, knowing your assignments, using the players because they perform better, not because they have a bigger paycheck, not letting your coordinators **** up constantly, etc etc.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

How so? Does winning excuse the dumb mistakes?? Mistakes like those usually cost us games. Lukily the Jets made more dumb mistakes.</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

You started a thread at the beginning of the game calling for the DC to be fired. As it turns out, we only give up 14 points. Now, you look silly. Do you see now?</P>

</P>

Roosevelt
12-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</p>

Well, Fewell should be fired anyway, but the lack of accountibility for these dumb mistakes falls on the boss....TC has to go.</p>

Don't want to wait until the game is over?? A high percentage of thread like this look silly at the end of the game .. . . . . justt saying. Although I did almost throw my beer bottle through the tv after that penalty . . . . .</p>

How so? Does winning excuse the dumb mistakes?? Mistakes like those usually cost us games. Lukily the Jets made more dumb mistakes.</p>

</p>

How so????</p>

You started a thread at the beginning of the game calling for the DC to be fired. As it turns out, we only give up 14 points. Now, you look silly. Do you see now?</p>

</p>

Bull****. Our defense has sucked all year.

It's about time they bailed out the O, who have looked like **** the last 2 weeks BTW.

Eli and Gilbride need to get their **** together.

gumby742
12-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</p>

Well, Fewell should be fired anyway, but the lack of accountibility for these dumb mistakes falls on the boss....TC has to go.</p>

Don't want to wait until the game is over?? A high percentage of thread like this look silly at the end of the game .. . . . . justt saying. Although I did almost throw my beer bottle through the tv after that penalty . . . . .</p>

How so?* Does winning excuse the dumb mistakes??* Mistakes like those usually cost us games.* Lukily the Jets made more dumb mistakes.</p>

</p>

How so????</p>

You started a thread at the beginning of the game calling for the DC to be fired.* As it turns out, we only give up 14 points.* Now, you look silly.* Do you see now?</p>

*</p>

Bull****.* Our defense has sucked all year.

It's about time they bailed out the O, who have looked like **** the last 2 weeks BTW.

The fact that the Cowboys game will be at home worries me. Our offense has looked like crap the last couple weeks.

NYGRealityCheck
12-24-2011, 11:04 PM
You can also see why winning is better than losing. Mistakes like the 12-man on the field tend to get overlooked by the coaching staff with a Win.

With a Loss, every little thing is magnified 10x like Ballard's knee in the endzone vs. Packers. lol

elifan10
12-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Fewell should still be fired this just shows that we have the talent and he hasnt produced

Roosevelt
12-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Fewell should still be fired this just shows that we have the talent and he hasnt produced

No doubt both coordinators should be gone.

Fewell sucks and Gilbride is a clueless moron.

I'm done with both .

Roosevelt
12-24-2011, 11:08 PM

Gotta love it don't ya?

Love the pass play on 1st down with 8 minutes to go that got intercepted too. Brilliant.

yatitle
12-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</p>

How so? Does winning excuse the dumb mistakes?? Mistakes like those usually cost us games. Lukily the Jets made more dumb mistakes.</p>

</p>

Uh I give you Gilbride but Eli? Easily not his best game but the 1 INT was 100% on Nicks and I counted at least 5 other dropped passes. Everyone was screaming last year about Eli not putting the ball in harms way. Well he did that today so dont now tell me he sucked because he was 9-27. You cant have it both ways.
</p>

How so????</p>

You started a thread at the beginning of the game calling for the DC to be fired. As it turns out, we only give up 14 points. Now, you look silly. Do you see now?</p>

</p>

Bull****. Our defense has sucked all year.

NYGRealityCheck

I think the Giants had a good pass defense game here. Sanchez couldn't go deep on them pretty much the whole day, Jets relying on the refs to maintain their drives, etc...

FBomb
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

You started a thread at the beginning of the game calling for the DC to be fired. As it turns out, we only give up 14 points. Now, you look silly. Do you see now?</P>

</P>

</P>

You think that because this defense had a good game against a less than average QB thatall should be forgiven for an entire year of suck and <FONT size=5>I'M</FONT> the one who looks silly???</P>

</P>

yatitle
12-24-2011, 11:14 PM

Gotta love it don't ya?

Love the pass play on 1st down with 8 minutes to go that got intercepted too. Brilliant.

That 1st and 10 throw with 8 minutes left should have alone been a fireable offense. We had just recovered Sanchez' fumble in the end zone and Gilbride the nitwit comes out in a shotgun formation, no play action and the ball goes off Nicks' hands. At that point in the game up 20-7, a series of 3 and out run plays inbounds IS A GOOD RESULT! WHY PASS OUT OF A SHOTGUN FORMATION?

nyknstill!
12-24-2011, 11:25 PM
We win in spite of this coaching staff. Offensively and Defensively. I keep wondering if we ever get a good O-coordinator or D-coordinator where would we be w/ this team.

If Victor Cruz didn't make a play out of nothing, or Eli didn't make a play out of nothing, if the ends on D don't pass rush we're lost on zone coverage of Fewell. When you're not getting a series of plays to win a game, but have players that make game changing or breaking plays, you're winning in spite of the staff.

BTW anyone wonder why when it's 3rd and forever and Cruz gets us a first down why Gilbride never makes a series of formation plays for Cruz to score in the endzone? he never goes back to him to finish a drive. Never.

DubFowler
12-24-2011, 11:44 PM

Gotta love it don't ya?

Love the pass play on 1st down with 8 minutes to go that got intercepted too.* Brilliant.

That 1st and 10 throw with 8 minutes left should have alone been a fireable offense.* We had just recovered Sanchez' fumble in the end zone and Gilbride the nitwit comes out in a shotgun formation, no play action and the ball goes off Nicks' hands.* At that point in the game up 20-7, a series of 3 and out run plays inbounds IS A GOOD RESULT!* WHY PASS OUT OF A SHOTGUN FORMATION?

It was a called run that Eli changed to a pass at the line. Fairly safe pass too, IMO, but ball got tipped and picked. I'd rather just run it for no gain in that situation. But yeah, it was a called run that was checked out of to that pass play

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

</P>

</P>

You think that because this defense had a good game against a less than average QB thatall should be forgiven for an entire year of suck and <FONT size=5>I'M</FONT> the one who looks silly???</P>

</P>

</P>

Stop it . . . . your thread was not based upon an entire season . . . . it was based on one play in a game that we ended up winning. That's why you look silly now. It just makes you look sillier by trying to argue that I am the silly one for having the audacity to suggest that you wait until the end of a game to evaluate the performances of the players and coaches.</P>

I try not to overreact to one play or game, so no I don't think that this game makes up for howbad this defense has been. But that has nothing to do with thissilly thread.</P>

Just didn't expect a mouthbreatherthread like this from you, FBomb . . . . .This sort of thing is a slippery slope . . . before you know it, you'll be starting threads entitled "Prince Is The Worst Draft Pick Ever" or "Trade Nicks" . . . . . </P>

FBomb
12-25-2011, 12:37 AM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Stop it . . . . your thread was not based upon an entire season . . . . it was based on one play in a game that we ended up winning. That's why you look silly now. It just makes you look sillier by trying to argue that I am the silly one for having the audacity to suggest that you wait until the end of a game to evaluate the performances of the players and coaches.</P>

I try not to overreact to one play or game, so no I don't think that this game makes up for howbad this defense has been. But that has nothing to do with thissilly thread.</P>

Just didn't expect a mouthbreatherthread like this from you, FBomb . . . . .This sort of thing is a slippery slope . . . before you know it, you'll be starting threads entitled "Prince Is The Worst Draft Pick Ever" or "Trade Nicks" . . . . . </P>

</P>

You really don't have any idea what you're talking about. I have been all over this coaching staff for months about the stupid mistakes that have cost us games. I used THAT play as an example to the point. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it silly. You should justtry asking questions before giving your opinion....the only thing "silly" about this thread are your posts in it.</P>

Mental errors like these don't happen to "well coached" teams, but they happen to our team A LOT. I'm sick of this team under performing against teams we should be walking all over, and our second half collapses.So is everyone else INCLUDING the front office. If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game TC is done.Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QBisn't going to save him.</P>

FTR......The term"mouthbreather" should be saved for someone who ISN'T smarter than you....just sayin</P>

sc_markt
12-25-2011, 12:48 AM

Fewell sucks and Gilbride is a clueless moron.*

I'm done with both .

I know our OC coaching could be better. But Gilbride did help us get a superbowl win so he can't be that bad. We could do a lot worse in that department. IMO, I think we should keep TC and Gilbride and seriously shop around for a much better DC.

YATittle1962
12-25-2011, 01:11 AM

Gotta love it don't ya?

Love the pass play on 1st down with 8 minutes to go that got intercepted too.* Brilliant.

That 1st and 10 throw with 8 minutes left should have alone been a fireable offense.* We had just recovered Sanchez' fumble in the end zone and Gilbride the nitwit comes out in a shotgun formation, no play action and the ball goes off Nicks' hands.* At that point in the game up 20-7, a series of 3 and out run plays inbounds IS A GOOD RESULT!* WHY PASS OUT OF A SHOTGUN FORMATION?

Gilbride called a run there....Eli saw the box stacked and checked to that pass that got picked ....

nymetsgio
12-25-2011, 03:08 AM
give up manning a super mvp n pro bowler and goff a no body for the 49ers smith who never done nething till this yr n no wer near mannings level n willis a pro bowler superstar dude do u know nething about football. lol ur dreaming

elifan10
12-25-2011, 03:14 AM
I kinda agree with FBOMB. This isnt about one game. An entire year of sucking (especially defensively) cannot be forgiven. Fewell has to go. He cant show up one week and just be passive and conservative the rest of the year.

As for TC, its fine with me if he stays as long as we get a new DC

Gilbride is just rediculous no comment on him.

yoeddy
12-25-2011, 09:09 AM

Gotta love it don't ya?

Eli said in the post-game that a run was called but he audibles into a pass because of the defensive alignment. So maybe your issue is with Eli....

gumby742
12-25-2011, 09:34 AM

Gotta love it don't ya?

Eli said in the post-game that a run was called but he audibles into a pass because of the defensive alignment. So maybe your issue is with Eli....

In order for us to make a serious push to the post season, BOTH sides have to show up. It's something that hasn't happend historically with us. Eli needs to return to form AND the defense needs to play at least average. That isn't too much to ask.

Oh and to the WR. Stop dropping the freaking ball. They're hitting you right between the numbers.

Captain Chaos
12-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Good point!

gumby742
12-25-2011, 09:38 AM

The point was that if we're going to lose and look like a horrible team, i'd rather do it with some fire and some passion. Even with the Rams sorry *** season, from the few games I saw them play, they at least played hard. Miami same deal. Crap teams, but they play hard.

It's more then what can be said about the Giants.

giantyankee1976
12-25-2011, 09:45 AM
the word RESILIENCE once floated around these boards, but now the word INCONSISTENT seems more the one-word definition of a Coughlin run team.

I can't imagine what this Team could have been and be if all 3 phases actually clicked during the same individual game and turnovers were nil.

oh wait, 2007.

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

You really don't have any idea what you're talking about. I have been all over this coaching staff for months about the stupid mistakes that have cost us games. I used THAT play as an example to the point. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it silly. You should justtry asking questions before giving your opinion....the only thing "silly" about this thread are your posts in it.</P>

Mental errors like these don't happen to "well coached" teams, but they happen to our team A LOT. I'm sick of this team under performing against teams we should be walking all over, and our second half collapses.So is everyone else INCLUDING the front office. If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game TC is done.Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QBisn't going to save him.</P>

FTR......The term"mouthbreather" should be saved for someone who ISN'T smarter than you....just sayin</P>

</P>

I should try asking questions first before giving my opinions, huh FBomb?Why don't you look back at my original post.</P>

You know what, you once gave me a pass over some irrationally premature mid-game, alcohol fueledpost. . . .and I will now return the favor. I even deleted my first version of this post, which addressed yourclaim to superior intelligence.[;)]</P>

I now consider us even . . . . . </P>

</P>

yatitle
12-25-2011, 12:25 PM

Gotta love it don't ya?

Gilbride called a run there....Eli saw the box stacked and checked to that pass that got picked ....

I am not a Gilbride hater per se. If what you and othersnhave said is true then Eli must TOLD what the object is at that point in the game. Does not let Gilbride off the hook for the formation however.

giantsforce
12-25-2011, 12:38 PM

Gotta love it don't ya?

I am not a Gilbride hater per se. If what you and othersnhave said is true then Eli must TOLD what the object is at that point in the game. Does not let Gilbride off the hook for the formation however.After all these years in the NFL, I had hoped that Eli would have known what the objective should be in that situation: Run the ball and if you can't why not call a play action to the RB (not from the shotgun) since the Jets were expecting run? Apparently the Jets figured out that Eli changed the play and they adjusted.

FBomb
12-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I should try asking questions first before giving my opinions, huh FBomb?Why don't you look back at my original post.</P>

You know what, you once gave me a pass over some irrationally premature mid-game, alcohol fueledpost. . . .and I will now return the favor. I even deleted my first version of this post, which addressed yourclaim to superior intelligence.[;)]</P>

</P>

</P>

And you are the only one. </P>

Your original post to this thread ASSUMED that I formed my opinion of this coaching staff based on the stupid mistakes of this one game and I was over reacting. I explained how you were wrong in your assumptions and you either decided I wasn't being truthful or you chose to ignore facts that are contrary to your opinion. </P>

I was neither drunk nor spouting premature rage. I was merely pointing out the continuous mental errors that this coaching staff makes game after game after game......giving credence to my long held opinion that this coaching staff has to go.</P>

My claim of surperior intelligence was mostly a joke, but considering that you STILL don't understand this thread, one HAS to believe that the joke is based in truth. Good humor usually is. </P>

I suggested you asking questions about things you don't understand before giving your opinion in order to help you look less clueless......but you're on your own now. </P>

You may now continue to flame posters on things that confuse you without any helpful suggestions from me. </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

How so?* Does winning excuse the dumb mistakes??* Mistakes like those usually cost us games.* Lukily the Jets made more dumb mistakes.</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

You started a thread at the beginning of the game calling for the DC to be fired.* As it turns out, we only give up 14 points.* Now, you look silly.* Do you see now?</P>

*</P>

</P>

You think that because this defense had a good game against a less than average QB that*all should be forgiven for an entire year of suck and <FONT size=5>I'M</FONT> the one who looks silly???</P>

*</P>

</P>

Stop it . . . . your thread was not based upon an entire season . . . . it was based on one play in a game that we ended up winning.* That's why you look silly now.* It just makes you look sillier by trying to argue that I am the silly one for having the audacity to suggest that you wait until the end of a game to evaluate the performances of the players and coaches.*</P>

I try not to overreact to one play or game, so no I don't think that this game makes up for how*bad this defense has been.* But that has nothing to do with this*silly thread.</P>

Just didn't expect a mouthbreather*thread like this from you, FBomb . . . . .*This sort of thing is a slippery slope . . .* before you know it, you'll be starting threads entitled "Prince Is The Worst Draft Pick Ever" or "Trade Nicks" . . . . . </P>

</P>

You really don't have any idea what you're talking about.* I have been all over this coaching staff for months about the stupid mistakes that have cost us games.* I used THAT play as an example to the point.* Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it silly.* You should just*try asking questions before giving your opinion....the only thing "silly" about this thread are your posts in it.</P>

Mental errors like these don't happen to "well coached" teams, but they happen to our team A LOT.** I'm sick of this team under performing against teams we should be walking all over, and our second half collapses.*So is everyone else INCLUDING the front office.* If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game TC is done.*Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QB*isn't going to save him.</P>

*FTR......The term*"mouthbreather" should be saved for someone who ISN'T smarter than you....just sayin</P>

</P>

I should try asking questions first before giving my opinions, huh FBomb?*Why don't you look back at my original post.</P>

You know what, you once gave me a pass over some irrationally premature mid-game, alcohol fueled*post*. . . .*and I will now return the favor.* I even deleted my first version of this post, which addressed your*claim to superior intelligence.[;)]</P>

*</P>

</P>

And you are the only one.* </P>

Your original post to this thread ASSUMED that I formed my opinion of this coaching staff based on the stupid mistakes of this one game and I was over reacting.* I explained how you were wrong in your assumptions and you either decided I wasn't being truthful or you chose to ignore facts that are contrary to your opinion.* </P>

I was neither drunk nor spouting premature rage.* I was merely pointing out the continuous mental errors that this coaching staff makes game after game after game......giving credence to my long held opinion that this coaching staff has to go.</P>

My claim of surperior intelligence was mostly a joke, but considering that you STILL don't understand this thread, one HAS to believe that the joke is based in truth.* Good humor usually is. </P>

I suggested you asking questions about things you don't understand* before giving your opinion in order to help you look less clueless......but you're on your own now.* </P>

You may now continue to flame posters on things that confuse you without any helpful suggestions from me.* </P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>
I'll consider my olive branch rejected.

I'll keep this simple. Your thread speaks for itself no matter how hard you try to backtrack. Even if it said what you think it says, it is idotic to call for a coaching staff to be fired before the season is over. Maybe they should be fired and maybe they shouldn't. But to keep calling for a staff to be fired before the season outcome is even known is just dumb.

By the way, my left nut is smarter than you.

BurnerNYG
12-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

You started a thread at the beginning of the game calling for the DC to be fired.* As it turns out, we only give up 14 points.* Now, you look silly.* Do you see now?</P>

*</P>

</P>

You think that because this defense had a good game against a less than average QB that*all should be forgiven for an entire year of suck and <FONT size=5>I'M</FONT> the one who looks silly???</P>

*</P>

</P>

Stop it . . . . your thread was not based upon an entire season . . . . it was based on one play in a game that we ended up winning.* That's why you look silly now.* It just makes you look sillier by trying to argue that I am the silly one for having the audacity to suggest that you wait until the end of a game to evaluate the performances of the players and coaches.*</P>

I try not to overreact to one play or game, so no I don't think that this game makes up for how*bad this defense has been.* But that has nothing to do with this*silly thread.</P>

Just didn't expect a mouthbreather*thread like this from you, FBomb . . . . .*This sort of thing is a slippery slope . . .* before you know it, you'll be starting threads entitled "Prince Is The Worst Draft Pick Ever" or "Trade Nicks" . . . . . </P>

</P>

You really don't have any idea what you're talking about.* I have been all over this coaching staff for months about the stupid mistakes that have cost us games.* I used THAT play as an example to the point.* Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it silly.* You should just*try asking questions before giving your opinion....the only thing "silly" about this thread are your posts in it.</P>

Mental errors like these don't happen to "well coached" teams, but they happen to our team A LOT.** I'm sick of this team under performing against teams we should be walking all over, and our second half collapses.*So is everyone else INCLUDING the front office.* If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game TC is done.*Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QB*isn't going to save him.</P>

*FTR......The term*"mouthbreather" should be saved for someone who ISN'T smarter than you....just sayin</P>

</P>

I should try asking questions first before giving my opinions, huh FBomb?*Why don't you look back at my original post.</P>

You know what, you once gave me a pass over some irrationally premature mid-game, alcohol fueled*post*. . . .*and I will now return the favor.* I even deleted my first version of this post, which addressed your*claim to superior intelligence.[;)]</P>

*</P>

</P>

Your original post to this thread ASSUMED that I formed my opinion of this coaching staff based on the stupid mistakes of this one game and I was over reacting.* I explained how you were wrong in your assumptions and you either decided I wasn't being truthful or you chose to ignore facts that are contrary to your opinion.* </P>

I was neither drunk nor spouting premature rage.* I was merely pointing out the continuous mental errors that this coaching staff makes game after game after game......giving credence to my long held opinion that this coaching staff has to go.</P>

My claim of surperior intelligence was mostly a joke, but considering that you STILL don't understand this thread, one HAS to believe that the joke is based in truth.* Good humor usually is. </P>

I suggested you asking questions about things you don't understand* before giving your opinion in order to help you look less clueless......but you're on your own now.* </P>

You may now continue to flame posters on things that confuse you without any helpful suggestions from me.* </P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

I'll keep this simple. Your thread speaks for itself no matter how hard you try to backtrack. Even if it said what you think it says, it is idotic to call for a coaching staff to be fired before the season is over. Maybe they should be fired and maybe they shouldn't. But to keep calling for a staff to be fired before the season outcome is even known is just dumb.

By the way, my left nut is smarter than you.The Giants won yesterday in spite of this coaching staff. That play to Cruz was not designed to go for 6. Coughlin isn't a horrible coach but these 2nd half meltdowns are getting old. 9-7 or 8-8 is not impressive by any stretch of imagination.

gumby742
12-25-2011, 04:04 PM
the word RESILIENCE once floated around these boards, but now the word INCONSISTENT seems more the one-word definition of a Coughlin run team.

I can't imagine what this Team could have been and be if all 3 phases actually clicked during the same individual game and turnovers were nil.

oh wait, 2007.

No way. We were inconsistent in 2007 as well. 2008 was the only year that we were consistent.

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

*</P>

</P>

*</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

By the way, my left nut is smarter than you.The Giants won yesterday in spite of this coaching staff. That play to Cruz was not designed to go for 6. Coughlin isn't a horrible coach but these 2nd half meltdowns are getting old. 9-7 or 8-8 is not impressive by any stretch of imagination.

Who said that the win was "impressive" or that it should insure that TC and his staff come back next year?

All I have ever said is that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired based upon one play in the beginning of a game. How about, we wait for the game to end and then evaluate the performance as a whole? Is that so irrational?

I also think that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired before we know how the season will turn out. When the season ends, let's evaluate it as a whole and analyze whether it is in the best interests of the Giants to move on from this coaching staff. Does that position make me stupid?

FBomb is just being FBomb because I hurt his wittle feelings by pointing out that he should maybe wait until the end of the game before flaming the coaching staff for one play. He is very sensitive like that . . . . like a lttle girl.

BurnerNYG
12-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

*</P>

</P>

*</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Who said that the win was "impressive" or that it should insure that TC and his staff come back next year?

All I have ever said is that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired based upon one play in the beginning of a game. How about, we wait for the game to end and then evaluate the performance as a whole? Is that so irrational?

I also think that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired before we know how the season will turn out. When the season ends, let's evaluate it as a whole and analyze whether it is in the best interests of the Giants to move on from this coaching staff. Does that position make me stupid?

FBomb is just being FBomb because I hurt his wittle feelings by pointing out that he should maybe wait until the end of the game before flaming the coaching staff for one play. He is very sensitive like that . . . . like a lttle girl.No comment. :-)

FBomb
12-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Your original post to this thread ASSUMED that I formed my opinion of this coaching staff based on the stupid mistakes of this one game and I was over reacting. I explained how you were wrong in your assumptions and you either decided I wasn't being truthful or you chose to ignore facts that are contrary to your opinion. </P>

I was neither drunk nor spouting premature rage. I was merely pointing out the continuous mental errors that this coaching staff makes game after game after game......giving credence to my long held opinion that this coaching staff has to go.</P>

My claim of surperior intelligence was mostly a joke, but considering that you STILL don't understand this thread, one HAS to believe that the joke is based in truth. Good humor usually is. </P>

I suggested you asking questions about things you don't understand before giving your opinion in order to help you look less clueless......but you're on your own now. </P>

You may now continue to flame posters on things that confuse you without any helpful suggestions from me. </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I'll consider my olive branch rejected. I'll keep this simple. Your thread speaks for itself no matter how hard you try to backtrack. Even if it said what you think it says, it is idotic to call for a coaching staff to be fired before the season is over. Maybe they should be fired and maybe they shouldn't. But to keep calling for a staff to be fired before the season outcome is even known is just dumb. By the way, my left nut is smarter than you.</P>

Idiotic???Now it's idiotic to have an opinion?? IF the Giants make the playoffs it is because the competetion isn't all that great either. This team has consistantly under achieved in every season except one under Coughlin, and he let this team foldafter the Plaxico shooting. These are from OTHER seasons besides this one and somehow Coughlin has managed just enough to keep his job and that's it! You'd have to be void of any intellect NOT to question this coaching staff. Before, during and after the season!!</P>

Not to mention EVERY OTHER YEAR the front office has to consider whether or not to extend his contract. Do you think there isn't some discussion going on BEFORE the end of the season in THAT office??</P>

Saying it's idiotic to discuss what you think is wrong with this team and what needs to be done to improve your chances of winning is easily one of the dumbest statements I have ever read on this board! It is the very essence of this boards exisitence.</P>

As far as that "olive branch" goes, there is no need. I have no beef with you. Just stating some facts to clear up an obvious misunderstanding.</P>

FBomb
12-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I'll consider my olive branch rejected. I'll keep this simple. Your thread speaks for itself no matter how hard you try to backtrack. Even if it said what you think it says, it is idotic to call for a coaching staff to be fired before the season is over. Maybe they should be fired and maybe they shouldn't. But to keep calling for a staff to be fired before the season outcome is even known is just dumb. By the way, my left nut is smarter than you.The Giants won yesterday in spite of this coaching staff. That play to Cruz was not designed to go for 6. Coughlin isn't a horrible coach but these 2nd half meltdowns are getting old. 9-7 or 8-8 is not impressive by any stretch of imagination. Who said that the win was "impressive" or that it should insure that TC and his staff come back next year? All I have ever said is that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired based upon one play in the beginning of a game. How about, we wait for the game to end and then evaluate the performance as a whole? Is that so irrational? I also think that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired before we know how the season will turn out. When the season ends, let's evaluate it as a whole and analyze whether it is in the best interests of the Giants to move on from this coaching staff. Does that position make me stupid? FBomb is just being FBomb because I hurt his wittle feelings by pointing out that he should maybe wait until the end of the game before flaming the coaching staff for one play. He is very sensitive like that . . . . like a lttle girl.</P>

See, there you go. Your statements here are completly wrong and yet you refuse to accept facts to the contrary. It was never just about "one" play....We have YEARS of game tape. </P>

You give yourself far too much credit in your effect of my feelings...."My left nut is smarter than you" says enough about your scathing wit.........besides, you're the one that looks stupid in this case.....you know, being wrong and not smart enough to know it.......</P>

You have every right to your perspective, it just doesn't means yours is right. So why would you think another person's perspective is wrong and shouldn't be discussed?</P>

FBomb
12-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</P>

</P>

How so????</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I'll consider my olive branch rejected. I'll keep this simple. Your thread speaks for itself no matter how hard you try to backtrack. Even if it said what you think it says, it is idotic to call for a coaching staff to be fired before the season is over. Maybe they should be fired and maybe they shouldn't. But to keep calling for a staff to be fired before the season outcome is even known is just dumb. By the way, my left nut is smarter than you.The Giants won yesterday in spite of this coaching staff. That play to Cruz was not designed to go for 6. Coughlin isn't a horrible coach but these 2nd half meltdowns are getting old. 9-7 or 8-8 is not impressive by any stretch of imagination. Who said that the win was "impressive" or that it should insure that TC and his staff come back next year? All I have ever said is that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired based upon one play in the beginning of a game. How about, we wait for the game to end and then evaluate the performance as a whole? Is that so irrational? I also think that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired before we know how the season will turn out. When the season ends, let's evaluate it as a whole and analyze whether it is in the best interests of the Giants to move on from this coaching staff. Does that position make me stupid? FBomb is just being FBomb because I hurt his wittle feelings by pointing out that he should maybe wait until the end of the game before flaming the coaching staff for one play. He is very sensitive like that . . . . like a lttle girl.No comment. :-)</P>

wise ***....[:)]</P>

RoanokeFan
12-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Here's a snippet from a news article (today) wherein John Mara is interviewed:

"The hunt is on for the Giants, who at 8-7 will win the NFC East title if they
beat the Cowboys (8-7) in a winner-take-all clash on New Year’s Day at MetLife
Stadium. The Giants saved their season for the first time back on Dec. 11 with a
37-34 victory in Dallas.

The Giants said the seeds of this performance were planted during the week,
as players listened to safety Antrel Rolle’s plea to forget about nicks and
bruises and get everyone out on the practice field. Coughlin set a tone by
pushing aside last week’s horrid 23-10 loss to the Redskins and reminding his
team of the opportunity ahead.</p>

“He’s never going to give up, and he seems to be at this best when everybody
puts his back against the wall,’’ Mara said of Coughlin. “I was proud of the way
our players kept their emotions under control. I know they wanted this game.
They were jacked up all week. You could tell by the way they practiced.’’</p>

I don't like "reading between the lines" but I just don't see them geting rid of TC unless that's what he wants to do. I was listening to Gil Brandt on SIRIUS this morning who said the Mara's are very loyal to their players and coaches, especially their coaches and he (Brandt) believes TC will get to decide when he leaves.</p>

If you look at what Mara said yesterday, and have any faith in Brandt's inside track knowledge, it's hard to imagine they will "fire" TC.
</p>

</p>

Firenugget
12-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</p>

</p>

How so????</p>

</p>

</p>

You think that because this defense had a good game against a less than average QB thatall should be forgiven for an entire year of suck and <font size="5">I'M</font> the one who looks silly???</p>

</p>

</p>

Stop it . . . . your thread was not based upon an entire season . . . . it was based on one play in a game that we ended up winning. That's why you look silly now. It just makes you look sillier by trying to argue that I am the silly one for having the audacity to suggest that you wait until the end of a game to evaluate the performances of the players and coaches.</p>

I try not to overreact to one play or game, so no I don't think that this game makes up for howbad this defense has been. But that has nothing to do with thissilly thread.</p>

Just didn't expect a mouthbreatherthread like this from you, FBomb . . . . .This sort of thing is a slippery slope . . . before you know it, you'll be starting threads entitled "Prince Is The Worst Draft Pick Ever" or "Trade Nicks" . . . . . </p>

</p>

You really don't have any idea what you're talking about. I have been all over this coaching staff for months about the stupid mistakes that have cost us games. I used THAT play as an example to the point. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it silly. You should justtry asking questions before giving your opinion....the only thing "silly" about this thread are your posts in it.</p>

Mental errors like these don't happen to "well coached" teams, but they happen to our team A LOT. I'm sick of this team under performing against teams we should be walking all over, and our second half collapses.So is everyone else INCLUDING the front office. If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game TC is done.Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QBisn't going to save him.</p>

FTR......The term"mouthbreather" should be saved for someone who ISN'T smarter than you....just sayin</p>

</p>

I should try asking questions first before giving my opinions, huh FBomb?Why don't you look back at my original post.</p>

You know what, you once gave me a pass over some irrationally premature mid-game, alcohol fueledpost. . . .and I will now return the favor. I even deleted my first version of this post, which addressed yourclaim to superior intelligence.[;)]</p>

I now consider us even . . . . . </p>

</p>

</p>

And you are the only one. </p>

Your original post to this thread ASSUMED that I formed my opinion of this coaching staff based on the stupid mistakes of this one game and I was over reacting. I explained how you were wrong in your assumptions and you either decided I wasn't being truthful or you chose to ignore facts that are contrary to your opinion. </p>

I was neither drunk nor spouting premature rage. I was merely pointing out the continuous mental errors that this coaching staff makes game after game after game......giving credence to my long held opinion that this coaching staff has to go.</p>

My claim of surperior intelligence was mostly a joke, but considering that you STILL don't understand this thread, one HAS to believe that the joke is based in truth. Good humor usually is. </p>

I suggested you asking questions about things you don't understand before giving your opinion in order to help you look less clueless......but you're on your own now. </p>

You may now continue to flame posters on things that confuse you without any helpful suggestions from me. </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I'll consider my olive branch rejected. I'll keep this simple. Your thread speaks for itself no matter how hard you try to backtrack. Even if it said what you think it says, it is idotic to call for a coaching staff to be fired before the season is over. Maybe they should be fired and maybe they shouldn't. But to keep calling for a staff to be fired before the season outcome is even known is just dumb. By the way, my left nut is smarter than you.The Giants won yesterday in spite of this coaching staff. That play to Cruz was not designed to go for 6. Coughlin isn't a horrible coach but these 2nd half meltdowns are getting old. 9-7 or 8-8 is not impressive by any stretch of imagination. Who said that the win was "impressive" or that it should insure that TC and his staff come back next year? All I have ever said is that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired based upon one play in the beginning of a game. How about, we wait for the game to end and then evaluate the performance as a whole? Is that so irrational? I also think that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired before we know how the season will turn out. When the season ends, let's evaluate it as a whole and analyze whether it is in the best interests of the Giants to move on from this coaching staff. Does that position make me stupid? FBomb is just being FBomb because I hurt his wittle feelings by pointing out that he should maybe wait until the end of the game before flaming the coaching staff for one play. He is very sensitive like that . . . . like a lttle girl.No comment. :-)</p>

wise ***....[:)]</p>

I think you guys just wanna see how long you can get the quote box. [:P]

RoanokeFan
12-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Good ole zone defense.
</p>

</p>

How so????</p>

</p>

</p>

You think that because this defense had a good game against a less than average QB thatall should be forgiven for an entire year of suck and <font size="5">I'M</font> the one who looks silly???</p>

</p>

</p>

Stop it . . . . your thread was not based upon an entire season . . . . it was based on one play in a game that we ended up winning. That's why you look silly now. It just makes you look sillier by trying to argue that I am the silly one for having the audacity to suggest that you wait until the end of a game to evaluate the performances of the players and coaches.</p>

I try not to overreact to one play or game, so no I don't think that this game makes up for howbad this defense has been. But that has nothing to do with thissilly thread.</p>

Just didn't expect a mouthbreatherthread like this from you, FBomb . . . . .This sort of thing is a slippery slope . . . before you know it, you'll be starting threads entitled "Prince Is The Worst Draft Pick Ever" or "Trade Nicks" . . . . . </p>

</p>

You really don't have any idea what you're talking about. I have been all over this coaching staff for months about the stupid mistakes that have cost us games. I used THAT play as an example to the point. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it silly. You should justtry asking questions before giving your opinion....the only thing "silly" about this thread are your posts in it.</p>

Mental errors like these don't happen to "well coached" teams, but they happen to our team A LOT. I'm sick of this team under performing against teams we should be walking all over, and our second half collapses.So is everyone else INCLUDING the front office. If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game TC is done.Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QBisn't going to save him.</p>

FTR......The term"mouthbreather" should be saved for someone who ISN'T smarter than you....just sayin</p>

</p>

I should try asking questions first before giving my opinions, huh FBomb?Why don't you look back at my original post.</p>

You know what, you once gave me a pass over some irrationally premature mid-game, alcohol fueledpost. . . .and I will now return the favor. I even deleted my first version of this post, which addressed yourclaim to superior intelligence.[;)]</p>

I now consider us even . . . . . </p>

</p>

</p>

And you are the only one. </p>

Your original post to this thread ASSUMED that I formed my opinion of this coaching staff based on the stupid mistakes of this one game and I was over reacting. I explained how you were wrong in your assumptions and you either decided I wasn't being truthful or you chose to ignore facts that are contrary to your opinion. </p>

I was neither drunk nor spouting premature rage. I was merely pointing out the continuous mental errors that this coaching staff makes game after game after game......giving credence to my long held opinion that this coaching staff has to go.</p>

My claim of surperior intelligence was mostly a joke, but considering that you STILL don't understand this thread, one HAS to believe that the joke is based in truth. Good humor usually is. </p>

I suggested you asking questions about things you don't understand before giving your opinion in order to help you look less clueless......but you're on your own now. </p>

You may now continue to flame posters on things that confuse you without any helpful suggestions from me. </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I'll consider my olive branch rejected. I'll keep this simple. Your thread speaks for itself no matter how hard you try to backtrack. Even if it said what you think it says, it is idotic to call for a coaching staff to be fired before the season is over. Maybe they should be fired and maybe they shouldn't. But to keep calling for a staff to be fired before the season outcome is even known is just dumb. By the way, my left nut is smarter than you.The Giants won yesterday in spite of this coaching staff. That play to Cruz was not designed to go for 6. Coughlin isn't a horrible coach but these 2nd half meltdowns are getting old. 9-7 or 8-8 is not impressive by any stretch of imagination. Who said that the win was "impressive" or that it should insure that TC and his staff come back next year? All I have ever said is that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired based upon one play in the beginning of a game. How about, we wait for the game to end and then evaluate the performance as a whole? Is that so irrational? I also think that it is silly to call for the staff to be fired before we know how the season will turn out. When the season ends, let's evaluate it as a whole and analyze whether it is in the best interests of the Giants to move on from this coaching staff. Does that position make me stupid? FBomb is just being FBomb because I hurt his wittle feelings by pointing out that he should maybe wait until the end of the game before flaming the coaching staff for one play. He is very sensitive like that . . . . like a lttle girl.No comment. :-)</p>

wise ***....[:)]</p>

I think you guys just wanna see how long you can get the quote box. [:P]

Love that sig lol

FBomb
12-25-2011, 09:02 PM

"The hunt is on for the Giants, who at 8-7 will win the NFC East title if they beat the Cowboys (8-7) in a winner-take-all clash on New Year’s Day at MetLife Stadium. The Giants saved their season for the first time back on Dec. 11 with a 37-34 victory in Dallas.

The Giants said the seeds of this performance were planted during the week, as players listened to safety Antrel Rolle’s plea to forget about nicks and bruises and get everyone out on the practice field. Coughlin set a tone by pushing aside last week’s horrid 23-10 loss to the Redskins and reminding his team of the opportunity ahead.</P>

“He’s never going to give up, and he seems to be at this best when everybody puts his back against the wall,’’ Mara said of Coughlin. “I was proud of the way our players kept their emotions under control. I know they wanted this game. They were jacked up all week. You could tell by the way they practiced.’’</P>

I don't like "reading between the lines" but I just don't see them geting rid of TC unless that's what he wants to do. I was listening to Gil Brandt on SIRIUS this morning who said the Mara's are very loyal to their players and coaches, especially their coaches and he (Brandt) believes TC will get to decide when he leaves.</P>

If you look at what Mara said yesterday, and have any faith in Brandt's inside track knowledge, it's hard to imagine they will "fire" TC.
</P>

</P>

</P>

If I'm wrong...I'm wrong. Won't be the first time.....but I stiil think it would be a mistake and we fans are going to have to endure this for another 2 years before we have to start over again. Coughlin's record speaks for itself. Other than the SB, we have never won a single playoff game since he's been here.....every year this team has at least two games where they just fail to show up...and Coughlin admitted that he doesn't have any idea why it happens!!! What actual SB contending teams have games like that?</P>

I'm sorry, but facts are facts.</P>

Roosevelt
12-25-2011, 10:35 PM

Fewell sucks and Gilbride is a clueless moron.

I'm done with both .

I know our OC coaching could be better. But Gilbride did help us get a superbowl win so he can't be that bad. We could do a lot worse in that department. IMO, I think we should keep TC and Gilbride and seriously shop around for a much better DC.

I hear ya, but I'm tired of the same old incompetency with our offense.

How many times could we use a nice long sustained drive to protect a lead but we come out passing?

Likewise, how many times do we have a 3rd and short and Eli goes for the big play?

And finally how many times are we 3rd and long and we dump off a 3 yard pass?

Something is seriously wrong with that philosophy.

Roosevelt
12-25-2011, 10:40 PM

Gotta love it don't ya?

On that play, it sounds as if I do. Interception aside, you got to pound it and quit trying to be the hero. That frustrates the hell out of me.

But let's face it, Eli doesn't select which RB is in the game. Jacobs averaged 6 yards a pop. Why didn't we ride him yesterday?

RoanokeFan
12-25-2011, 10:51 PM

"The hunt is on for the Giants, who at 8-7 will win the NFC East title if they beat the Cowboys (8-7) in a winner-take-all clash on New Year’s Day at MetLife Stadium. The Giants saved their season for the first time back on Dec. 11 with a 37-34 victory in Dallas.

The Giants said the seeds of this performance were planted during the week, as players listened to safety Antrel Rolle’s plea to forget about nicks and bruises and get everyone out on the practice field. Coughlin set a tone by pushing aside last week’s horrid 23-10 loss to the Redskins and reminding his team of the opportunity ahead.</p>

“He’s never going to give up, and he seems to be at this best when everybody puts his back against the wall,’’ Mara said of Coughlin. “I was proud of the way our players kept their emotions under control. I know they wanted this game. They were jacked up all week. You could tell by the way they practiced.’’</p>

I don't like "reading between the lines" but I just don't see them geting rid of TC unless that's what he wants to do. I was listening to Gil Brandt on SIRIUS this morning who said the Mara's are very loyal to their players and coaches, especially their coaches and he (Brandt) believes TC will get to decide when he leaves.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

If I'm wrong...I'm wrong. Won't be the first time.....but I stiil think it would be a mistake and we fans are going to have to endure this for another 2 years before we have to start over again. Coughlin's record speaks for itself. Other than the SB, we have never won a single playoff game since he's been here.....every year this team has at least two games where they just fail to show up...and Coughlin admitted that he doesn't have any idea why it happens!!! What actual SB contending teams have games like that?</p>

I'm sorry, but facts are facts.</p>

The facts can't be argued, they are what they are. Still, loyalty is a very strong motivator for the GIANTS and John Mara, like Wellington, is a man of honor and integrity. When John Mara explained extending TC's contract last year, he said "continuity" was extremely important.

We fans see everything after the fact. We don't know what goes on in meetings, on the practice field, etc. I can remember when the lock out ended and the first several media accounts of each day's "practice" had Cruz dropping more balls than he caught, suggesting, early on, he'd not make the final 53. Yet, at the same time, they were writing articles quoting coaches as saying Cruz was the real deal. The fact of the matter is the reporters have a very limited view of practices, and have no clue what goes on in meetings.

John Mara and Jerry Reese get to see and participate in it all. They get to make decisions based upon what they know. Every year, at season's end, Mara and Reese evaluate everyone on the coaching staff. They have a wealth of knowledge with which they determine who goes/stays.

Coughlin's job is to prepare the team for every game. Based on accounts from former and current players, he's one of the best at game preparation. Within the last two weeks, one of the current players, Grant, I think, responded to a media question about play calling. His response was "even if they call kindergarten plays, our job is to execute them."

I honestly don't know who's responsible for what as I've never played or coached in the NFL. I do think we have to allow the people running the organization to manage, or mis-manage, as they see fit. It's their show and we're just spectators. They are irretrievably linked to their team, we're not. We can be fans or not, as we see fit.

This has been a strange year starting with the lockout and virtually no pre-season program. Then we had CAP space issues, and still do. On top of that we've had significant injuries to starters and back-ups and there seems to be no end of that in sight.

People point to Green B ay last year as an example of succeeding with injuries. But, again, there has been no season like this on in recent memory. We have had no serious money with which to sign quality free agents when we lose players to IR.

Mara and Reese both played a part in who we brought in and how much money we had available. It's likely that will factor into their decision on TC having to work with the cards he was dealt.

As for the play calling, how do we ever know when Eli goes to the alternate call or free lances based upon what he sees on the field? Everyone gets credit for a win, TC takes the blame for the losses. That's just the way it is. Idealistically speaking, everyone should shoulder the blame. That's not how it works.

Raptor22
12-25-2011, 11:00 PM

The Giants said the seeds of this performance were planted during the week, as players listened to safety Antrel Rolle’s plea to forget about nicks and bruises and get everyone out on the practice field. Coughlin set a tone by pushing aside last week’s horrid 23-10 loss to the Redskins and reminding his team of the opportunity ahead.</p>

“He’s never going to give up, and he seems to be at this best when everybody puts his back against the wall,’’ Mara said of Coughlin. “I was proud of the way our players kept their emotions under control. I know they wanted this game. They were jacked up all week. You could tell by the way they practiced.’’</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

If I'm wrong...I'm wrong. Won't be the first time.....but I stiil think it would be a mistake and we fans are going to have to endure this for another 2 years before we have to start over again. Coughlin's record speaks for itself. Other than the SB, we have never won a single playoff game since he's been here.....every year this team has at least two games where they just fail to show up...and Coughlin admitted that he doesn't have any idea why it happens!!! What actual SB contending teams have games like that?</p>

The facts can't be argued, they are what they are. Still, loyalty is a very strong motivator for the GIANTS and John Mara, like Wellington, is a man of honor and integrity. When John Mara explained extending TC's contract last year, he said "continuity" was extremely important.

We fans see everything after the fact. We don't know what goes on in meetings, on the practice field, etc. I can remember when the lock out ended and the first several media accounts of each day's "practice" had Cruz dropping more balls than he caught, suggesting, early on, he'd not make the final 53. Yet, at the same time, they were writing articles quoting coaches as saying Cruz was the real deal. The fact of the matter is the reporters have a very limited view of practices, and have no clue what goes on in meetings.

John Mara and Jerry Reese get to see and participate in it all. They get to make decisions based upon what they know. Every year, at season's end, Mara and Reese evaluate everyone on the coaching staff. They have a wealth of knowledge with which they determine who goes/stays.

Coughlin's job is to prepare the team for every game. Based on accounts from former and current players, he's one of the best at game preparation. Within the last two weeks, one of the current players, Grant, I think, responded to a media question about play calling. His response was "even if they call kindergarten plays, our job is to execute them."

I honestly don't know who's responsible for what as I've never played or coached in the NFL. I do think we have to allow the people running the organization to manage, or mis-manage, as they see fit. It's their show and we're just spectators. They are irretrievably linked to their team, we're not. We can be fans or not, as we see fit.

This has been a strange year starting with the lockout and virtually no pre-season program. Then we had CAP space issues, and still do. On top of that we've had significant injuries to starters and back-ups and there seems to be no end of that in sight.

People point to Green B ay last year as an example of succeeding with injuries. But, again, there has been no season like this on in recent memory. We have had no serious money with which to sign quality free agents when we lose players to IR.

Mara and Reese both played a part in who we brought in and how much money we had available. It's likely that will factor into their decision on TC having to work with the cards he was dealt.

As for the play calling, how do we ever know when Eli goes to the alternate call or free lances based upon what he sees on the field? Everyone gets credit for a win, TC takes the blame for the losses. That's just the way it is. Idealistically speaking, everyone should shoulder the blame. That's not how it works.

That is quite simply the best post I've seen on here in ages.

...so yeah, get ready to get flamed (b^.^)b

GCGiant
12-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Totally off-topic, so I apologize in advance, but I got to get this off my chest.

I heard one announcer, when talking about injuries, saying that a lot of people wanted to extend the season to 18 regular season games and how that meant there would still be 2 games left after next week.

My response to that is hogwash. If they had extended the schedule to 18 regular season games instead of 16...there would still be only 1 game left. The other 2 games would already be in the books because they were already played...they just didn't count.

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 08:39 AM

I don't like "reading between the lines" but I just don't see them geting rid of TC unless that's what he wants to do.* I was listening to Gil Brandt on SIRIUS this morning who said the Mara's are very loyal to their players and coaches, especially their coaches and he (Brandt) believes TC will get to decide when he leaves.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

If I'm wrong...I'm wrong.* Won't be the first time.....but I stiil think it would be a mistake and we fans are going to have to endure this for another 2 years before we have to start over again.* Coughlin's record speaks for itself.* Other than the SB, we have never won a single playoff game since he's been here.....every year this team has at least two games where they just fail to show up...and Coughlin admitted that he doesn't have any idea why it happens!!!* What actual SB contending teams have games like that?*</p>

The facts can't be argued, they are what they are.* Still, loyalty is a very strong motivator for the GIANTS and John Mara, like Wellington, is a man of honor and integrity.* When John Mara explained extending TC's contract last year, he said "continuity" was extremely important.

We fans see everything after the fact.* We don't know what goes on in meetings, on the practice field, etc.* I can remember when the lock out ended and the first several media accounts of each day's "practice" had Cruz dropping more balls than he caught, suggesting, early on, he'd not make the final 53.* Yet, at the same time, they were writing articles quoting coaches as saying Cruz was the real deal.** The fact of the matter is the reporters have a very limited view of practices, and have no clue what goes on in meetings.

John Mara and Jerry Reese get to see and participate in it all.* They get to make decisions based upon what they know.* Every year, at season's end, Mara and Reese evaluate everyone on the coaching staff.* They have a wealth of knowledge with which they determine who goes/stays.*

Coughlin's job is to prepare the team for every game.* Based on accounts from former and current players, he's one of the best at game preparation.* Within the last two weeks, one of the current players, Grant, I think, responded to a media question about play calling.* His response was "even if they call kindergarten plays, our job is to execute them."

I honestly don't know who's responsible for what as I've never played or coached in the NFL.* I do think we have to allow the people running the organization to manage, or mis-manage, as they see fit.* It's their show and we're just spectators.* They are irretrievably linked to their team, we're not.* We can be fans or not, as we see fit.

This has been a strange year starting with the lockout and virtually no pre-season program.* Then we had CAP space issues, and still do.* On top of that we've had significant injuries to starters and back-ups and there seems to be no end of that in sight.

People point to Green B ay last year as an example of succeeding with injuries.* But, again, there has been no season like this on in recent memory.* We have had no serious money with which to sign quality free agents when we lose players to IR.

Mara and Reese both played a part in who we brought in and how much money we had available.* It's likely that will factor into their decision on TC having to work with the cards he was dealt.

As for the play calling, how do we ever know when Eli goes to the alternate call or free lances based upon what he sees on the field?* Everyone gets credit for a win, TC takes the blame for the losses.* That's just the way it is.* Idealistically speaking, everyone should shoulder the blame.* That's not how it works.

Great post.

For some reason, a lot of posters here refuse to concede that there is information critical to analyzing the performances of players and coaches that we are not privy to simply because we are not "inside" the organization.

giantotherness
12-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Too many big plays taken away because of stupid mistakes like 12 men on the field!!! </p>

Hey FBomb, you are absolutely correct. Despite the performance against the Jets I want Gilbride and Fewell gone....perhaps even Coughlin, since he is the one who hired them. Time to change.

FBomb
12-26-2011, 10:30 AM

The Giants said the seeds of this performance were planted during the week, as players listened to safety Antrel Rolle’s plea to forget about nicks and bruises and get everyone out on the practice field. Coughlin set a tone by pushing aside last week’s horrid 23-10 loss to the Redskins and reminding his team of the opportunity ahead.</P>

“He’s never going to give up, and he seems to be at this best when everybody puts his back against the wall,’’ Mara said of Coughlin. “I was proud of the way our players kept their emotions under control. I know they wanted this game. They were jacked up all week. You could tell by the way they practiced.’’</P>

I don't like "reading between the lines" but I just don't see them geting rid of TC unless that's what he wants to do. I was listening to Gil Brandt on SIRIUS this morning who said the Mara's are very loyal to their players and coaches, especially their coaches and he (Brandt) believes TC will get to decide when he leaves.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

If I'm wrong...I'm wrong. Won't be the first time.....but I stiil think it would be a mistake and we fans are going to have to endure this for another 2 years before we have to start over again. Coughlin's record speaks for itself. Other than the SB, we have never won a single playoff game since he's been here.....every year this team has at least two games where they just fail to show up...and Coughlin admitted that he doesn't have any idea why it happens!!! What actual SB contending teams have games like that?</P>

Great post. For some reason, a lot of posters here refuse to concede that there is information critical to analyzing the performances of players and coaches that we are not privy to simply because we are not "inside" the organization.</P>

Of course there is information that none of us have on this board, that is why we are all fans and not on the Giants staff. YOUR problem is you are telling people such as me that because we don't have that information we shouldn't discuss it or even have an opinion about it. </P>

giantsforce
12-26-2011, 01:08 PM

I don't like "reading between the lines" but I just don't see them geting rid of TC unless that's what he wants to do.* I was listening to Gil Brandt on SIRIUS this morning who said the Mara's are very loyal to their players and coaches, especially their coaches and he (Brandt) believes TC will get to decide when he leaves.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

If I'm wrong...I'm wrong.* Won't be the first time.....but I stiil think it would be a mistake and we fans are going to have to endure this for another 2 years before we have to start over again.* Coughlin's record speaks for itself.* Other than the SB, we have never won a single playoff game since he's been here.....every year this team has at least two games where they just fail to show up...and Coughlin admitted that he doesn't have any idea why it happens!!!* What actual SB contending teams have games like that?*</P>

The facts can't be argued, they are what they are.* Still, loyalty is a very strong motivator for the GIANTS and John Mara, like Wellington, is a man of honor and integrity.* When John Mara explained extending TC's contract last year, he said "continuity" was extremely important.

We fans see everything after the fact.* We don't know what goes on in meetings, on the practice field, etc.* I can remember when the lock out ended and the first several media accounts of each day's "practice" had Cruz dropping more balls than he caught, suggesting, early on, he'd not make the final 53.* Yet, at the same time, they were writing articles quoting coaches as saying Cruz was the real deal.** The fact of the matter is the reporters have a very limited view of practices, and have no clue what goes on in meetings.

John Mara and Jerry Reese get to see and participate in it all.* They get to make decisions based upon what they know.* Every year, at season's end, Mara and Reese evaluate everyone on the coaching staff.* They have a wealth of knowledge with which they determine who goes/stays.*

Coughlin's job is to prepare the team for every game.* Based on accounts from former and current players, he's one of the best at game preparation.* Within the last two weeks, one of the current players, Grant, I think, responded to a media question about play calling.* His response was "even if they call kindergarten plays, our job is to execute them."

I honestly don't know who's responsible for what as I've never played or coached in the NFL.* I do think we have to allow the people running the organization to manage, or mis-manage, as they see fit.* It's their show and we're just spectators.* They are irretrievably linked to their team, we're not.* We can be fans or not, as we see fit.

This has been a strange year starting with the lockout and virtually no pre-season program.* Then we had CAP space issues, and still do.* On top of that we've had significant injuries to starters and back-ups and there seems to be no end of that in sight.

People point to Green B ay last year as an example of succeeding with injuries.* But, again, there has been no season like this on in recent memory.* We have had no serious money with which to sign quality free agents when we lose players to IR.

Mara and Reese both played a part in who we brought in and how much money we had available.* It's likely that will factor into their decision on TC having to work with the cards he was dealt.

As for the play calling, how do we ever know when Eli goes to the alternate call or free lances based upon what he sees on the field?* Everyone gets credit for a win, TC takes the blame for the losses.* That's just the way it is.* Idealistically speaking, everyone should shoulder the blame.* That's not how it works.

Great post. For some reason, a lot of posters here refuse to concede that there is information critical to analyzing the performances of players and coaches that we are not privy to simply because we are not "inside" the organization.</P>

Of course there is information that none of us have on this board, that is why we are all fans and not on the Giants staff.* YOUR problem is you are telling people such as me that because we don't have that information we shouldn't discuss it or even have an opinion about it.* </P>Fbomb I agree with you 100% Roanoke is very loyal to Coughlin for some reason that he cannot explain clearly. We are something like 29-49 in Nov/ Dec under Coughlin. We are 16-21-1 on Sunday nights and 7-11 at home on Sunday nights. Roanoke says that "Coughlin's job is to prepare the team for every game. Based on accounts from former and current players, he's one of the best at game preparation" Now if this is what they consider "best in game preparation", then I do not now what to say. How do you explain the late season collapses? How do you explain the fact that the team comes out flat and uninspired? Even Coughlin himself is at a loss. Well if that is the case, he needs to go. Of course the Mara's are "loyal". They were "loyal" to Bavaro, to Jurevisius, to Smith, to Boss, to half of the O line from last year, even they were "loyal" to Chase Blackburn. Strange way to show your "loyalty" to the players. The Mara's are loyal to their bank accounts and that's all. They know that the Giants fans will show up and pay their PSL's win or lose, so it does not matter to them. Stop buying the PSL's and the tickets for one year and we will see how loyal they will be to Coughlin. But as long as they are people like Roanoke that are satisfied with mediocrity and they keep giving their money to the Mara's, expect more of the same.

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 01:09 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Of course there is information that none of us have on this board, that is why we are all fans and not on the Giants staff. YOUR problem is you are telling people such as me that because we don't have that information we shouldn't discuss it or even have an opinion about it. </P>

</P>

OK, I'll bite , , , , when did I tell you that you shouldn't discuss or have an opinion about something????</P>

FBomb
12-26-2011, 01:23 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

OK, I'll bite , , , , when did I tell you that you shouldn't discuss or have an opinion about something????</P>

</P>

You've said more than oncein this and another threadit's idiotic to discuss the firing or hiring of a HC before the season is over, have you not? I've addressed it more than once with you and until now youjust ignored it. </P>

Mod_C
12-26-2011, 01:26 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

Great post. For some reason, a lot of posters here refuse to concede that there is information critical to analyzing the performances of players and coaches that we are not privy to simply because we are not "inside" the organization.</p>

Of course there is information that none of us have on this board, that is why we are all fans and not on the Giants staff. YOUR problem is you are telling people such as me that because we don't have that information we shouldn't discuss it or even have an opinion about it. </p>Fbomb I agree with you 100% Roanoke is very loyal to Coughlin for some reason that he cannot explain clearly. We are something like 29-49 in Nov/ Dec under Coughlin. We are 16-21-1 on Sunday nights and 7-11 at home on Sunday nights. Roanoke says that "Coughlin's job is to prepare the team for every game. Based on accounts from former and current players, he's one of the best at game preparation" Now if this is what they consider "best in game preparation", then I do not now what to say. How do you explain the late season collapses? How do you explain the fact that the team comes out flat and uninspired? Even Coughlin himself is at a loss. Well if that is the case, he needs to go. <font color="#0000FF">Of course the Mara's are "loyal". They were "loyal" to Bavaro, to Jurevisius, to Smith, to Boss, to half of the O line from last year, even they were "loyal" to Chase Blackburn. Strange way to show your "loyalty" to the players. The Mara's are loyal to their bank accounts and that's all. They know that the Giants fans will show up and pay their PSL's win or lose, so it does not matter to them. Stop buying the PSL's and the tickets for one year and we will see how loyal they will be to Coughlin. But as long as they are people like Roanoke that are satisfied with mediocrity and they keep giving their money to the Mara's, expect more of the same.</font>

The NFL is a business. Players are hired for what they can do to help the "team" and they are offered what the organization believes to be reasonable compensation package at the time of the negotiations. Players are no more loyal than their organizations when it comes down to economics than you suggest the GIANTS are.. Except for Bavaro and, IMO Smith, the other players you mention simply took a better offer from another team. That's how free agency works.

As for the Mara's pocketbook, if you were right, they would have done what almost every other team did during the lockout and cut back on staff salaries and/or lay staff off. They did neither. They also are the ONLY team that refused to take any season ticket money until the CBA was signed and implemented.

As for Bavaro, Wellington Mara stated publicly that he didn't want Bavaro's future health (knees) to be on his conscience, so he was released. Smith, according to John Mara, was offered a contract that would have made him one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL before he suffered a very serious leg injury. Smith and his handlers declined. Post injury, Smith was offered a 1 year, $1M deal since the medical staff said he would not be able to play until the season was well underway. Smith elected to take a 1 year, $2M deal from the eagles and he's now on IR having re-injured the same leg. He was probably put on the field too soon to "prove the GIANTS wrong." How did that work out?

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 01:35 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

You've said more than oncein this and another threadit's idiotic to discuss the firing or hiring of a HC before the season is over, have you not? I've addressed it more than once with you and until now youjust ignored it. </P>

</P>

Sigh . . . . its never idiotic to discuss it . . .. but it is my opinion that to flat-out call for a coaching staff to be fired when the season outcome isn't even know is idiotic in this current situation (obvioulsy, if we were 0-15 that would be a different story). You and everyone else on this MB are obvioulsy entitledto voice your own opinions on this subject. </P>

</P>

</P>

FBomb
12-26-2011, 01:38 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Sigh . . . . its never idiotic to discuss it . . .. but it is my opinion that to flat-out call for a coaching staff to be fired when the season outcome isn't even know is idiotic in this current situation (obvioulsy, if we were 0-15 that would be a different story). You and everyone else on this MB are obvioulsy entitledto voice your own opinions on this subject. </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Appreciate it.</P>

giantsforce
12-26-2011, 03:23 PM

I don't like "reading between the lines" but I just don't see them geting rid of TC unless that's what he wants to do.* I was listening to Gil Brandt on SIRIUS this morning who said the Mara's are very loyal to their players and coaches, especially their coaches and he (Brandt) believes TC will get to decide when he leaves.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

If I'm wrong...I'm wrong.* Won't be the first time.....but I stiil think it would be a mistake and we fans are going to have to endure this for another 2 years before we have to start over again.* Coughlin's record speaks for itself.* Other than the SB, we have never won a single playoff game since he's been here.....every year this team has at least two games where they just fail to show up...and Coughlin admitted that he doesn't have any idea why it happens!!!* What actual SB contending teams have games like that?*</p>

Great post. For some reason, a lot of posters here refuse to concede that there is information critical to analyzing the performances of players and coaches that we are not privy to simply because we are not "inside" the organization.</p>

Of course there is information that none of us have on this board, that is why we are all fans and not on the Giants staff.* YOUR problem is you are telling people such as me that because we don't have that information we shouldn't discuss it or even have an opinion about it.* </p>Fbomb I agree with you 100% Roanoke is very loyal to Coughlin for some reason that he cannot explain clearly. We are something like 29-49 in Nov/ Dec under Coughlin. We are 16-21-1 on Sunday nights and 7-11 at home on Sunday nights. Roanoke says that "Coughlin's job is to prepare the team for every game. Based on accounts from former and current players, he's one of the best at game preparation" Now if this is what they consider "best in game preparation", then I do not now what to say. How do you explain the late season collapses? How do you explain the fact that the team comes out flat and uninspired? Even Coughlin himself is at a loss. Well if that is the case, he needs to go. <font color="#0000FF">Of course the Mara's are "loyal". They were "loyal" to Bavaro, to Jurevisius, to Smith, to Boss, to half of the O line from last year, even they were "loyal" to Chase Blackburn. Strange way to show your "loyalty" to the players. The Mara's are loyal to their bank accounts and that's all. They know that the Giants fans will show up and pay their PSL's win or lose, so it does not matter to them. Stop buying the PSL's and the tickets for one year and we will see how loyal they will be to Coughlin. But as long as they are people like Roanoke that are satisfied with mediocrity and they keep giving their money to the Mara's, expect more of the same.</font>

The NFL is a business.* Players are hired for what they can do to help the "team" and they are offered what the organization believes to be reasonable compensation package at the time of the negotiations.* Players are no more loyal than their organizations when it comes down to economics than you suggest the GIANTS are..* Except for Bavaro and, IMO Smith, the other players you mention simply took a better offer from another team.* That's how free agency works.

As for the Mara's pocketbook, if you were right, they would have done what almost every other team did during the lockout and cut back on staff salaries and/or lay staff off.* They did neither.* They also are the ONLY team that refused to take any season ticket money until the CBA was signed and implemented.

As for Bavaro, Wellington Mara stated publicly that he didn't want Bavaro's future health (knees) to be on his conscience, so he was released.* Smith, according to John Mara, was offered a contract that would have made him one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL before he suffered a very serious leg injury.* Smith and his handlers declined. ** Post injury, Smith was offered a 1 year, $1M deal since the medical staff said he would not be able to play until the season was well underway.* Smith elected to take a 1 year, $2M deal from the eagles and he's now on IR having re-injured the same leg.* He was probably put on the field too soon to "prove the GIANTS wrong."* How did that work out?

"The NFL is a business." And that is the point I am trying to make! so no one here needs to speak of loyalty because there is none. The only loyalty there is, is from us fans loyal to this team. So whether Mara "didn't want Bavaro's health" on his conscience or he game Smith an offer it boils down to business.