PDA

View Full Version : Bench Tuck, send a message

TroyArcher
12-16-2012, 05:19 PM
The Giants have allowed this guy to mail it in most of the past two years. I appreciate what he did in the SB wins but that is history. He is a liablity and with his body language he sets a bad tone. The guy plays like a 40 year old. Bench him and let it be known if you don't put out 100% you are on the bench and will be looking for a job.

Giantterp
12-16-2012, 05:20 PM
At this point, it would not only send a message, but it would probably mean that there would be a better player on the D-line.

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 05:21 PM
this i agree wit. deactivate him imo. he just does not make any sort of difference anymore. i mean sometimes he helps setup the other guy for a sack but thats it. tracy or ojomo can do that at the least

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Tuck is MY MAN - he has slowed down and its becoming more and more obvious that while he still can get after it from the inside he is really struggling against tackles on the outside.

That said you don't bench your C in a reactionary way after all 53 got destroyed up and down the field - you dont look for scape goats - you challenge every man to step up next week and take pride in wearing BLUE.

Tmurda1984
12-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Benching Tuck and Osi got Sheridan fired. This defense is soft like Sheridan said...thank god for Pewell he has been safeties than Sheridan could of dreamed of.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Do we trade both Tuck and Osi? What do you think we can yield for both of them?

TroyArcher
12-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Tuck is MY MAN - he has slowed down and its becoming more and more obvious that while he still can get after it from the inside he is really struggling against tackles on the outside.

That said you don't bench your C in a reactionary way after all 53 got destroyed up and down the field - you dont look for scape goats - you challenge every man to step up next week and take pride in wearing BLUE.

Tuck has been invisible all year. Like I said he looks old.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-16-2012, 05:25 PM

That said you don't bench your C in a reactionary way after all 53 got destroyed up and down the field - you dont look for scape goats - you challenge every man to step up next week and take pride in wearing BLUE.Once again you are just plain wrong!!! Do you have any clue about football and being a leader? I would guess NOPE! He didnt earn the captains tag this season all year. Turn in your man card now. I LOVED Tuck, however he is just a shell of what he was. NO fire on this entire team today and I am glad I didnt but tickets and got this game. 1 word.....EMBARRASING!

npd4432
12-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Either way, tuck will have a lot to say about it. The only thing he does anymore is answer questions from reporters. Whenever I read articles with his quotes, I always think why is the reporter asking the guy with one tackle in the game anything?? Better off interviewing David Carr.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 05:32 PM
I played football for 8 years - and unlike you the guys who play and coach dont react after every game - im sure you wouldve benched tuck last year too oh and then he sacked brady twice in the superbowl and once for a safety. Put your big boy pants on and quit crying.

TroyArcher
12-16-2012, 05:33 PM
I played football for 8 years - and unlike you the guys who play and coach dont react after every game - im sure you wouldve benched tuck last year too oh and then he sacked brady twice in the superbowl and once for a safety. Put your big boy pants on and quit crying.

With his play this year the Giants wont get a shot at Brady.

TroyArcher
12-16-2012, 05:34 PM

Which Pop Warner team did you play for?

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 05:35 PM

His two sacks on Brady doesn't absolve him playing like the ****s during the regular season. It gets compounded further when you're seeing it again this season.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Four years of high school and then D3 - no great shakes but ball nonetheless.

Tuck did next to nothing today and has not been great all year - agreed - i still believe he helps inside and has struggled wih tackles on the outside - that said cutting him is absolutely ridiculous. Interesting that you guys are finding scapegoats after all 53 got whooped today.

brad
12-16-2012, 05:36 PM

Reactionary would be benching him after one game.... he has been invisible for a whole season, that isn't reactionary it's trying to find the guy who will replace him next year

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 05:37 PM
So bench webby too right? I mean he has been pretty bad all year - is it worth knowing who is behind him - nah just react.

Die-Hard
12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Ok, so they bench Tuck. Who takes his spot? Ojomo? The guy whio can't buy his way onto the active roster even with Austin out for the past few weeks?

Seriously, who steps in?

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 05:40 PM
So bench webby too right? I mean he has been pretty bad all year - is it worth knowing who is behind him - nah just react.

At this point, I wouldn't fault them if they wanted to bench Eli as well. The only player that has been held accountable this season by Coughlin is Wilson.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Ha bench eli too - for sure that would make total sense - these boards are actually more tragic then the game - bunch of whining 3 year olds.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Ha bench eli too - for sure that would make total sense - these boards are actually more tragic then the game - bunch of whining 3 year olds.

You were impressed with his 161 yards, 0 TDS, 2 INTS? This team ain't winning diddly-poo. This team is inconsistent, this team has personnel who overstayed their welcome and this team is better off salvaging a high draft pick then believing they can replicate what they did last season.

Regarding Tuck, I'd have no problem trading him or if he retires.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 05:54 PM
No i did not like eli's day nor all 53's but my god if you feel like eli should be benched you have no clue what you are watching.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
I played football for 8 years - and unlike you the guys who play and coach dont react after every game - im sure you wouldve benched tuck last year too oh and then he sacked brady twice in the superbowl and once for a safety. Put your big boy pants on and quit crying.I played football for 7 years and coached 10 with 4 championship seasons. Whats your point? I have more football knowledge in my pinkie than you do in your 8 years of riding pine.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 05:59 PM
No i did not like eli's day nor all 53's but my god if you feel like eli should be benched you have no clue what you are watching.

You think this team is going to the playoffs and that they will make something of it?

Aww, cute.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Ha - whatever you say man. Good luck with all those rings and all that football knowledge- i bow down to how smart you are and its just a wonder that coughlin hasn't hired you yet. I mean 9 years and 2 rings for coach coughlin is nothing compared to your 4 championships. At the very least he should hire your pinkie.

FIFTY6G-MAN
Which Pop Warner team did you play for?Do not bash Pop Warner, Pee Wee football is where it all starts. I coached Pee Wee for 10 years with 4 Championships. Very Balanced Organization with weight limits and all. It all comes down to the Athletic ability and the coaches in that league.

dave56dj
You think this team is going to the playoffs and that they will make something of it?

Aww, cute.

Im sorry like they did last year at 9-7 awww ignorant.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Ha - whatever you say man. Good luck with all those rings and all that football knowledge- i bow down to how smart you are and its just a wonder that coughlin hasn't hired you yet. I mean 7 years and 2 rings for coach coughlin is nothing compared to your 4 championships. At the very least he should hire your pinkie.You are nothing but a joke. I dont need to work for NYG.. Take your criticism to the smack talk forum.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Im talking smack cause i support tuck couglin and gilbride? - god im so anti giants.

Die-Hard
12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Thats enough fellas. Let it go

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Im sorry like they did last year at 9-7 awww ignorant.

Even when the offense sucked, you still had the D playing their asses off.

Here, you have a team in tatters, and LOL for believing this team really has a chance of replicating what they did last season.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Will do mod. Will always support Coach Coughlin for all he has done for Giants fans and will always think it's a blessing to root for big blue. Hope thats ok even after a rout.

Always and forever go blue.