PDA

View Full Version : A positive message to all Giant fans

krankeybluechick
12-16-2012, 04:52 PM
As an older Giant's fan I think you have to understand that if you root for the Giants you have to take the UGLY and I mean UGLY losses with the Super Bowl wins. Am I p**sed they lost the way they did? Of course I am but as a giant fan for 40 + years I have learned your are going to get a few of these stinkers a year. We are lucky we have had 2 Super Bowl wins in four years. I guess I have had worse things happen in my life to worry about a few bad games. Happy Holidays!!! Life is short, enjoy it!

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 04:55 PM
agreed blue chick but you have too many *******s on the boards these days that make it miserable

Die-Hard
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
As an older Giant's fan I think you have to understand that if you root for the Giants you have to take the UGLY and I mean UGLY losses with the Super Bowl wins. Am I p**sed they lost the way they did? Of course I am but as a giant fan for 40 + years I have learned your are going to get a few of these stinkers a year. We are lucky we have had 2 Super Bowl wins in four years. I guess I have had worse things happen in my life to worry about a few bad games. Happy Holidays!!! Life is short, enjoy it!

Couldn't have said it better. Its never an easy ride with this team, and there are a LOT of other things in life that trump a meaningless football game. Merry Christmas, and I hope your niece is doing well!

BParcells777
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm with you on this sentiment- Merry Christmas ol "Building and Loan"!!!!!!!

BigBlue1971
12-16-2012, 04:58 PM

+1.

krankeybluechick
12-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Couldn't have said it better. Its never an easy ride with this team, and there are a LOT of other things in life that trump a meaningless football game. Merry Christmas, and I hope your niece is doing well!

Thank you, my Niece is doing better. Still no feeling in her legs but she can walk and that's a plus.

Cool Papa B.
12-16-2012, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the positive words. God bless bro.

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 05:26 PM
well we've seen this team hit the lowest of the lows and highest of the highs all in a month lol. this is the same exact scenario as last year imho. hopefully the DL shows up next week, and we ascend and hit our best football in the playoffs bc we damn sure havent played our best ball yet. i can confidently say that is 100% true, we havent played our best or near it.gotta ascend to it, and next week is gnna be super tough vs an equally desperate baltimore team...

giant-4-life
12-16-2012, 05:28 PM
as a fan since 1989, we have alot of lows and alot of highs. We are at an impasse. Gilbride is fried. we have to change our OC. Tuck should be done, no excuse for the half baked playing or 1/4 baked effort. he should be ashamed of himself. I don't think we're in for a cinderella year. The players are just uninspired right now. perry fewell needs to go, diehl must go, webster must go, Osi must go and we look to beef up both lines this off season.

Chris Christie
12-16-2012, 05:47 PM
I thought the positive message was gonna be a thread where we all make up funny positives, that are actually negatives......because there were no positives ;)

Toadofsteel
12-16-2012, 05:49 PM
And how long before Eli hangs up the cleats and we have Dave Brown Jr? I was raised on the era of Dave Brown and Danny Kanell. Eli is the last, best hope for this organization, and if he plays like that, we're not going to have another playoff appearance for another 20 years...

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 05:51 PM
No no we have to cut tuck and bench eli and fire gilbride - please stop being sane.

bhz12
12-16-2012, 05:53 PM
LOVE THIS! thank you happy holidays to everyone! At least we still have the chance to make the playoffs so grateful for that and another roller coaster season so enjoy the ride :D

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 05:58 PM
One positive today ....they Positively didnt show up.

brad
12-16-2012, 05:59 PM
I think I have most of the rant out.... but the second half of the season is giving he Ray Handley flashbacks... No doubt they will get things back on track next year, but I hold out little hope for saving this season (but still hoping I am wrong there). Anyway, it can always be worse, we could have Ray Handley for our HC... I found a positive! :)

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Ray handley could only wish he was in this spot - not even close man. I lived through that era too - this isnt even remotely close.

TroyArcher
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Been a fan since the mid-60's. Sorry can't be positive after that performance today.

Pksoze
12-16-2012, 06:09 PM
And how long before Eli hangs up the cleats and we have Dave Brown Jr? I was raised on the era of Dave Brown and Danny Kanell. Eli is the last, best hope for this organization, and if he plays like that, we're not going to have another playoff appearance for another 20 years...

If there is a positive it is that Dave Brown is no longer our QB. That was a terrible era.

brad
12-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Ray handley could only wish he was in this spot - not even close man. I lived through that era too - this isnt even remotely close.

I was talking about the second half of the season... where the Giants record is 2-4 so far. In two of those losses the scores were 31-13 and 34-0. That's pretty reminiscent of the Ray Handley era if you ask me. But, you also note that I said "it can always be worse, we could have Ray Handley for our HC"...

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 06:11 PM
If there is a positive it is that Dave Brown is no longer our QB. That was a terrible era.

People tend to forget how good we have it as Giants fans right now. Team has won 2 Superbowls in the last 4 seasons and they are competitive every year.

Pksoze
12-16-2012, 06:17 PM
People tend to forget how good we have it as Giants fans right now. Team has won 2 Superbowls in the last 4 seasons and they are competitive every year.

Oh I remember those years very well. 5-11 and 6-10 years while the Cowgirls were a dynasty. There have been worse seasons for the Giants to be sure. Want a bigger horror show...bring up Tommy Maddox. He was so bad...we clamored for Dave Brown. :o

Toadofsteel
12-16-2012, 06:21 PM

And we need to win as many as possible before Eli retires, because after that, I don't know if the Giants will ever win another...

brad
12-16-2012, 06:26 PM
And we need to win as many as possible before Eli retires, because after that, I don't know if the Giants will ever win another...

That is just ridiculous, every year new QBs come into the league and the world moves on. Did NE think they were never going to win again when they got rid of Drew Bledsoe and replaced him with some nobody 6th round pick? Probably... and yet today Tom Brady is regarded among the best in the league.

krankeybluechick
12-16-2012, 06:39 PM

That is what I meant!!! We have had it better then other teams. Plus life is to short to worry the small stuff. My nieces illness has taught me alot.

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 06:42 PM
That is what I meant!!! We have had it better then other teams. Plus life is to short to worry the small stuff. My nieces illness has taught me alot.

Exactly I take about 30 mins after the Giants lose to be upset. Then its time to move on and look forward to next week. I can't wait till everyone is back on the bandwagon after the Giants win next week.

GameTime
12-16-2012, 06:56 PM
thank yuo for the cyber hug with your thread.....:)
I hear you and this isnt the first time I have cursed the Gmen...:). I am living in "todays" game. I realize overall the Giants are a great org and have brought me, as a fan, some truly awesome moments being a die hard. But today......they get ragged on.....

krankeybluechick
12-16-2012, 07:31 PM
thank yuo for the cyber hug with your thread.....:)
I hear you and this isnt the first time I have cursed the Gmen...:). I am living in "todays" game. I realize overall the Giants are a great org and have brought me, as a fan, some truly awesome moments being a die hard. But today......they get ragged on.....

And they deserve the ragging. I use to let the loses eat away at me but have learned to kiss it to god :) If I didn't I'd be in the looney bin by now lol

GameTime
12-16-2012, 07:33 PM
And they deserve the ragging. I use to let the loses eat away at me but have learned to kiss it to god :) If I didn't I'd be in the looney bin by now lol
it only eats away at me for a little while after the game....
all better now....

krankeybluechick
12-17-2012, 02:22 PM
it only eats away at me for a little while after the game....
all better now....

Still pissed lol

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 02:24 PM

+1 :popcorn:

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 02:33 PM

Yeah, it ain't over till it's over. The game may have been over for us in the first quarter yesterday, but the season is not!