PDA

View Full Version : Giants need to plan for their coaching future.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 05:00 PM
This isn't a bash on Coughlin. The players respond to him, and I think he'll be able to get this team turned around.

But after winning 2 Super Bowls, Coughlin should be able to attract better talent than Fewell and Gilbride.

I think it's time to get some young, bright, and creative coordinators to replace Fewell and Gilbride. This team has too much talent on both sides of the ball to be so inconsistent and predictable.

And Coughlin won't be around forever, and neither Fewell nor Gilbride are capable of replacing him when he retires.

Pksoze
12-16-2012, 05:02 PM
I think if we're committed to overhauling our defense...we should hire Romeo Crenell as our defensive coordinator. Even on crappy teams...the man always has defenses ready to play.

SuperNYGiants
12-16-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't see it happening unless those two coordinators leave on their own. Coughlin is a very loyal coach and he doesn't fire any coordinators unless they really really mess it up. If Giants don't make the playoffs this year, maybe there's a little chance but it's more than likely going to be Fewell and not Gilbride, since Gilbride is buddies with Coughlin.

GMENAGAIN
12-16-2012, 05:27 PM
lol. . . . man, the losses bring out the loons . . .

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2012, 05:29 PM
lol. . . . man, the losses bring out the loons . . .
Loons? He speaks nothing but the truth...

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Its obvious teams have our game plan figured out week in and week out....time for a change. Killdrive is waaay too predictable...Fewell just has no clue I swear....lack of talent on D doesnt help...

GMENAGAIN
12-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Loons? He speaks nothing but the truth...

That's what you think because you are a loon too . . .

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2012, 05:34 PM
That's what you think because you are a loon too . . .

If you say so buddy....

Just because we win the Super Bowl with Killdrive twice and Fewell once doesn't mean they are good at their job.

Giantterp
12-16-2012, 05:35 PM
TC is a hall of fame coach, but it's the NFL and everyone should be on the "hot seat" a bit. That's what's great about the league.

The fact that the game plans are still designed around having a strong defense, run blocking oline and consistent QB play. The Giants have none of this now. Their game plans should look more like a team with a big play offense and defense leveraging more passing, blitzing and some of the hurry up.

DarkSaint
12-16-2012, 05:37 PM
The defense was fine, they really can't be affective if the offense isn't pulling it's weight.

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 05:37 PM
TC is fine...its his coordinators....no imagination..

GMENAGAIN
12-16-2012, 05:38 PM
If you say so buddy....

Just because we win the Super Bowl with Killdrive twice and Fewell once doesn't mean they are good at their job.

If you say so loon . . . .

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 05:38 PM
If you say so buddy....

lol..what does it mean then? you are getting spoiled...dont be a spoiled fan

Giantterp
12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
The defense was fine, they really can't be affective if the offense isn't pulling it's weight.

What game were you watching? It was an F all around...O and D.

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Defense was fine?....really?...No pass rush...cant tackle...cant cover...cant stop the run........WOW!!

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
TC is fine...its his coordinators....no imagination..TC is fine? The guy has no idea how to analyze an opponent's stranghts and weaknesses and game plan accordingly. However, he is happy because they had a great practice. Weren't the adjustments he made today amazing? Oh wait...

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2012, 05:45 PM
lol..what does it mean then? you are getting spoiled...dont be a spoiled fan

......We have had EXCEPTIONAL talent on this team over the years..... our talent has masked the ineptness of killdrive and Fewell.

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 05:46 PM
I know coughlin is a good coach but these other coaches have no personality or enthusiasm, how can you fire the team up like this?

brad
12-16-2012, 05:47 PM
I have had a little time to cool off, but the more at look back at the entire season the more I question if teams have figured out the KG scheme. There have been several games this year where the offense was completely shut down... several games where they scored no passing TDs and that is supposed to be the strength of this offense. It may be an anomaly but it sure feels like a pattern this year.

Clearly the defense is bad, I don't know if it simply because almost every player just became bad, or more likely the scheme lends itself to giving up big plays. Clearly some players are past their prime, but even considering that, there are teams with far less talent playing at a much higher level.

All in all, I think it may be time to consider making a change. Maybe that makes me a loon, but I believe in knowing when it is the right time to move on, and it certainly looks like that time may have come.

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Both coordinators lack imagination if you ask me. I love TC...coordinators...but lack of talent on O and D doesnt help