PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing stat.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN (https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN)
RT @ESPNStatsInfo (https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo): Giants' 34-0 loss to the Falcons is worst shutout loss by a defending Super Bowl champion in NFL history.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Hey, we broke a record!

This season has been nothing but breaking old records. Now, excuse me while I give myself a self high-five..in the face!

elitocruz
also the the first in a LOOOONG time to those that home opener, as defending champs, which has always been a gift wrapped win from the NFL.

giantsforce
RT @ESPNStatsInfo (https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo): Giants' 34-0 loss to the Falcons is worst shutout loss by a defending Super Bowl champion in NFL history.Well, we also hold the embarrasing stat of being the only SB winner to lose the home opener. If that did not ring the danger bell, I do not know what will.

TheEnigma
12-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Which defending SB champ has posted the worst record at the end of the following season? I'm sure it's not us but I'm curious.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Which defending SB champ has posted the worst record at the end of the following season? I'm sure it's not us but I'm curious.I know it's not us for sure.

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Giants were the first 9-7 team to win the Superbowl. How embarrassing.

Pksoze
12-16-2012, 07:00 PM
The 49ers won three games in 82 but that was a strike season. This team sort of plays like the 91 Giants...except they had the Ray Handley excuse...this team not so much.

FlyingTruck
12-16-2012, 07:01 PM
The only real embarrassing stat is our second half record under TC.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 07:02 PM
The only real embarrassing stat is our second half record under TC.And that is no coincidence..

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 07:03 PM
The only real embarrassing stat is our second half record under TC.

Yea those rings are very embarrassing.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Yea those rings are very embarrassing.As well as this unprepared football team, you know the team he coaches?

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 07:08 PM
As well as this unprepared football team, you know the team he coaches?

Unlike most people on this board I believe in TC and the guys on this team and one bad performance doesn't change that.

TheEnigma
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
It's the lack of consistency that is embarrassing and just frustrating. Is there another team in the NFL as inconsistent as the Giants? Who else beats the best team at the time in the 49ers by 26-3, holds Aaron Rodgers to 10 points...but also gets crushed by Red Hair and the Bengals and then shut out by the Falcons by almost 35 points?

52 points one week and then 0 the next...just can't logically explain it.

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Wow, but it doesn't surprise me. This was definitely an ugly one for the ages.

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
It's the lack of consistency that is embarrassing and just frustrating. Is there another team in the NFL as inconsistent as the Giants? Who else beats the best team at the time in the 49ers by 26-3, holds Aaron Rodgers to 10 points...but also gets crushed by Red Hair and the Bengals and then shut out by the Falcons by almost 35 points?

Ravens, Packers, Texans and 49ers have all gotten blown out at least once this season and the Pat lost to the Cardinals. All teams have weeks where they have laid an egg. Whether you want to believe it or not there are not any great teams in the NFL and anybody can beat anybody.

TheEnigma
12-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Ravens, Packers, Texans and 49ers have all gotten blown out at least once this season and the Pat lost to the Cardinals. All teams have weeks where they have laid an egg. Whether you want to believe it or not there are not any great teams in the NFL and anybody can beat anybody.

True but there's usually a common factor in their losses. Texans secondary can't handle top tier passing offenses, Packers can't handle a good pass rush, 49ers can't win from behind, etc. I'm not seeing a similarity in our opponents when it comes to the Bengals and Falcons other than a top tier wide receiver. It's literally just a "which Giants team shows up" scenario.

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Yea those rings are very embarrassing.Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Does that make it less broken?

Flip Empty
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM
They're probably the first team to follow a 52 point performance with a zero point one, too.

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Does that make it less broken?

By that logic Ray Handley should have at least one ring.

G-Men Surg.
12-16-2012, 07:24 PM
RT @ESPNStatsInfo (https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo): Giants' 34-0 loss to the Falcons is worst shutout loss by a defending Super Bowl champion in NFL history.
Jezz ! Thats not good at all ! Again thats just embarrassing. No pride shown today.

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Unlike most people on this board I believe in TC and the guys on this team and one bad performance doesn't change that.Well, then you should not be surprised that this is happening because it has happened every single season that Coughlin has been here. Nothing new, Just we got lucky twice and we got the SB, but Tc had really nothing to do with it. He always has been a bystander in the sidelines. I guess the adjustments that he made today were just amazing, right? Oh Wait.... Have ever really seen the Giants adjust their game plan during the game? Of course not, because this coaching staff has a very limited playbook and if it does not work, they have no clue what to adjust. 2 draws in a row on 2 and 1, really? That's the best they can call? I just hope the old fool will retire this year or else we will be in the same position this time next year.

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
By that logic Ray Handley should have at least one ring.Who knows? The giants did not keep him around for 9 years like Coughlin.

Down-lifer
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Unlike most people on this board I believe in TC and the guys on this team and one bad performance doesn't change that.We've had a lot of bad performances this season. We're 8-6.

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Well, then you should not be surprised that this is happening because it has happened every single season that Coughlin has been here. Nothing new, Just we got lucky twice and we got the SB, but Tc had really nothing to do with it. He always has been a bystander in the sidelines. I guess the adjustments that he made today were just amazing, right? Oh Wait.... Have ever really seen the Giants adjust their game plan during the game? Of course not, because this coaching staff has a very limited playbook and if it does not work, they have no clue what to adjust. 2 draws in a row on 2 and 1, really? That's the best they can call? I just hope the old fool will retire this year or else we will be in the same position this time next year.

Saying TC had nothing to do with winning 2 titles is just dumb.

miked1958
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Ravens, Packers, Texans and 49ers have all gotten blown out at least once this season and the Pat lost to the Cardinals. All teams have weeks where they have laid an egg. Whether you want to believe it or not there are not any great teams in the NFL and anybody can beat anybody.we just lay more eggs then anyother for some reason

miked1958
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Hey, we broke a record!This season has been nothing but breaking old records. Now, excuse me while I give myself a self high-five..in the face!yes what were the others that people put on here and jinx us.. One was we hadn't lost a game after leading going to fourth quarter. We were like 28-0 or better and lost that a few weeks back. Eli was 3-0 at Atlanta that was one. The giants were 9-0 in last nine at Atlanta. That was another. And there were others. Giants can make all this go away with 6 wins in a row like last year,lol

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Unlike most people on this board I believe in TC and the guys on this team and one bad performance doesn't change that.

Are you talking about this season ? One bad performance. This season. You think that this was the only bad performance we had this season. TC has a track record of second half soons, and that is a fact. Sept and Oct they are wonderful. Nov and Dec they are terrible. We are 2-4 in the second half of the season

GameTime
12-16-2012, 07:50 PM

leave it to the Giants......nice

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Are you talking about this season ? One bad performance. This season. You think that this was the only bad performance we had this season. TC has a track record of second half soons, and that is a fact. Sept and Oct they are wonderful. Nov and Dec they are terrible. We are 2-4 in the second half of the season

I thought the Giants showed magnificent effort against the Bengals.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 07:56 PM
I thought the Giants showed magnificent effort against the Bengals.Are you serious?

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Are you serious?

Of course I was being sarcastic.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Of course I was being sarcastic.Phew..lol

appodictic
12-16-2012, 09:18 PM

Easy to explain. The giants have a knack for moving the ball but kicking FGs/ The saints have the worst D. these two factors combined to make the giants much better then we are. We played a balanced team, (like we were last year) and we got handed.

mommy2dylan
12-16-2012, 09:24 PM
We got beat by a good team ..... Put up or shut up next week .... Enough with excuse, quotes and tweets, do something out it !!!!

TheBookOfEli
12-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Saying TC had nothing to do with winning 2 titles is just dumb. I agree. I'm not really a fan of TC but he did have us mentally prepared for both superbowl games.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
The Lumpkin Bowl.