PDA

View Full Version : What would you say are our problem areas? Let me first be clear season is NOT over

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I would rank them like this.. in order

Killdrive (inexcusable that Wilson only got 8 carries and was benched for a guy that's been on the team for 2 weeks)
Fewell (Just not a very good DC.... I thought we got a good one when we first got him)
O-line
Hakeem Nicks health
Tuck
banged up secondary
lack of actual LB talent or experience(Jacquian Williams and possibly Herzlich have promise), Boley is a good LBer as well

let me also say this as I said in another topic. Just because we won two super bowls with Killdrive and one with Fewell doesn't mean they are good at their jobs. All it means is the talent we've had over the years has masked their ineptness and incompetence. They are wildly inconsistent so say the least and Gilbride more than anyone is holding this team back.

Remember in Buffalo the players played hard for Fewell? Yea... not our guys.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 06:03 PM
The problem is being consistent.

bhz12
12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Also Osi and the famous draw play

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Also Osi and the famous draw play

As another poster pointed out Osi has been the most effective DE the past 2 weeks... as a part time player he has 6 sacks, 2 FF and 30 tackles. If our DT's could generate pressure up the middle and move the QB back some Osi would be getting there much more often. He's creating pressure on his side.

Draw play stems from Killdrive.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Let me add the health of Nicks SERIOUSLY and almost DIRELY effect the success of this team....

44#1
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
OL, LB, CB, WR

mrg3
12-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Wilson couldnt pick up the blitz, Chase was the best on D. Eli is hit or miss (more hit) but missed big time today, Both lines and secondary were PATHETIC!

TheShouldersOf
12-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Gilbride/Coughlin's offense obviously, predictable and uncreative, the same routes from years a go, only three running plays in their arsenal

Wilson 8 carries for 46 yards first quarter, 4 carries the remaining 3 quarters, that is inexcusable, he didn't give up a sack, seemed aware of his assignments and made correct blocks accordingly,

Lumpkin only knows the Draw play, and Fumbles,

Cruz doesn't like to catch the ball, Nicks is obviously hurt still, they refuse to utilize the remaining 3 recivers they have besides Nicks,Cruz Hixon

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Gilbride/Coughlin's offense obviously, predictable and uncreative, the same routes from years a go, only three running plays in their arsenal

Wilson 8 carries for 46 yards first quarter, 4 carries the remaining 3 quarters, that is inexcusable, he didn't give up a sack, seemed aware of his assignments and made correct blocks accordingly,

Cruz doesn't like to catch the ball, Nicks is obviously hurt still, they refuse to utilize the remaining 3 recivers they have besides Nicks,Cruz Hixon

Thanks for the response, agree with everything you said.

dakotajoe
12-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Let me add the health of Nicks SERIOUSLY and almost DIRELY effect the success of this team....

I have to agree. Nicks and Eli look completely out of sync out there. I'm sure that stems from Nick's inability to practice. On top of that Nicks lacks the explosion that he has when healthy and doesn't get much seperation. I admire his toughness, but he's nothing more than a below average WR when playing hurt.

Other than that the offensive line is my biggest concern, followed by the defensive line and LBs. Osi and Tuck are getting up there in years and the depth is questionable.

byron
12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
We have a lot of players who can't stay on the field ...how do you stay consistent with your starters riding the pine... all the time especially the secondary...

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Cruz cant catch or wont catch over the middle because he is scared...The D line is awful...the Oline needs help...A real MLB, another corner...another reciever and back...

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Cruz cant catch or wont catch over the middle because he is scared...The D line is awful...the Oline needs help...A real MLB, another corner...another reciever and back...which one do you think we should draft first, in other words which is more important?

ashleymarie
12-16-2012, 06:25 PM

True to the nth.

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 06:28 PM
which one do you think we should draft first, in other words which is more important?

A true MLB..or a solid corner...

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 06:30 PM
someone to play with some intensity..anger...I real Defensive leader to motivate a lifeless D that we have...

mrg3
12-16-2012, 06:33 PM

Cruz doesn't like to catch the ball, Nicks is obviously hurt still, they refuse to utilize the remaining 3 recivers they have besides Nicks,Cruz HixonHE Didnt give up a sack but Eli was forced to throw early, Your down17-0 you gotta pass and Lumpkin is the better blocker And Eli can change any play based on what he sees at line. So its not all on Gilbide

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2012, 06:33 PM
someone to play with some intensity..anger...I real Defensive leader to motivate a lifeless D that we have...

Another good one Rolle should be the Captain not Tuck.... sends the wrong message when they look to someone like Tuck who week after week never comes out of the locker room

I hate to bash Tuck I really do but it's sad how he's playing and carrying himself.. I wonder if the leadership roe he got thrust into has taken away from his fire and desire... obviously injuries but I wonder if the leadership burden that fell on his shoulders was/is just too much for him over the years.

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Another good one Rolle should be the Captain not Tuck.... sends the wrong message when they look to someone like Tuck who week after week never comes out of the locker room

I hate to bash Tuck I really do but it's sad how he's playing and carrying himself.. I wonder if the leadership roe he got thrust into has taken away from his fire and desire... obviously injuries but I wonder if the leadership burden that fell on his shoulders was/is just too much for him over the years.

Yes I agree....Rolle should be captain. Always have been a Tuck fan,but he has either lost a step,or doesnt have the fire anymore..hard to say,but he is not helping this team...I want some smash mouth players out there...

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Let me add the health of Nicks SERIOUSLY and almost DIRELY effect the success of this team....Yet, Killdrive continuously sends him on deep routes although, he cannot run as fast as he used to. But we can blame it on execution of course.

DownWitJPP
12-16-2012, 07:35 PM
In no particular order:

1. can't score points in the red zone
2. what happened to our beast defense of line? tuck and osi look average at best and the DT's can't stop the run
3. can stop the big gain pass plays
4. can't keep CB's healthy
5. our D captain shows no more heart or desire to play
6. play calling has been atrocious
7. can't convert on 3rd or 4th down
8. Team shows no fire, heart or Identity
9. stupid coaching staff would rather use journeymen players who are average at best instead of using our young talent who have a desire to play and want nothing but to help their team win