PDA

View Full Version : This offense absolutely lives and dies by the big play and Eli Manning

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2012, 06:27 PM
There is no creativity whatsoever to take some pressure off Eli when he's having an off game or even when he;s playing great.
We run nothing to get us into s rhythm. It's either we're hot or we're cold. Never utilize the no huddle EVER... EVER. Our screens are painful to watch, we very rarely throw a slant, a curl, a damn HOT ROUTE... a hitch, very rarely dump it off for easy yardage.

It's the same predictable pathetic offense.

Run game is by FAR the most predictable rushing attack..(if you can even call it that).. in the league

Eli's been off some games this season for whatever reason but this has got to be the most frustrating offense to work with.... this system flat out sucks and has been masked by the talent on the field, that's the only reason we have won two super bowls. Has VERY little to do with Kevin Gilbride despite what some people like to think.

TheShouldersOf
12-16-2012, 06:36 PM
i concur,

how many run plays do they seriously have? no creativity in the run game, it seems like it's passed over because we have the 'Big Play Pass' that is getting us nowhere due to Nicks injury and Cruz hot/Cold Season

This Pass First team is getting tiresome, especially since that is suffering likewise, how about some creative routes, how about some mismatches regardless of the 'Number 1,2,3 Receivers' how about some different looks before the snap,

it's the same retired routes as the last couple of years, the same forcing to Cruz and Nicks, the same Draw or inside tackle run

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 06:44 PM
There is no creativity whatsoever to take some pressure off Eli when he's having an off game or even when he;s playing great.
We run nothing to get us into s rhythm. It's either we're hot or we're cold. Never utilize the no huddle EVER... EVER. Our screens are painful to watch, we very rarely throw a slant, a curl, a damn HOT ROUTE... a hitch, very rarely dump it off for easy yardage.

It's the same predictable pathetic offense.

Run game is by FAR the most predictable rushing attack..(if you can even call it that).. in the league

Eli's been off some games this season for whatever reason but this has got to be the most frustrating offense to work with.... this system flat out sucks and has been masked by the talent on the field, that's the only reason we have won two super bowls. Has VERY little to do with Kevin Gilbride despite what some people like to think.

Yeah, it's a poorly conceived model. The D got them there in 2007. The O got them there last year but it's crazy to understaff so many parts of the team to suffer in hopes that the offense and the QB will somehow pull another rabbit out of a hat.

No investment in offensive line, LBers etc....it's confounding.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah, it's a poorly conceived model. The D got them there in 2007. The O got them there last year but it's crazy to understaff so many parts of the team to suffer in hopes that the offense and the QB will somehow pull another rabbit out of a hat.

No investment in offensive line, LBers etc....it's confounding.
:(

Hey buddy, haven't seen you post in awhile how you been?

Always love your sarcasm as well as username haha

mrg3
12-16-2012, 06:51 PM
O line

TheBookOfEli
12-16-2012, 06:51 PM
I argree. Get Eli a young creative OC like Kyle Shananhan and i bet you people will really start to realize that Eli is elite. He'll put up the numbers that Brady puts up. Look at how Brady, Brees, and Rodgers play on offense. They all have a very diverse creative playbook. Our playbook is like 3rd and 1 bomb, the ugly fade route, the occasional down the middle, and the shotgun draw. I'm sick of it.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
chucker, we chuck a few up for a jump ball and hope we get a catch or PI even the announcers said it.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 06:54 PM
chucker, we chuck a few up for a jump ball and hope we get a catch or PI even the announcers said it.

He said that about QBs in general, and that was after Cruz got clocked.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 06:56 PM
He said that about QBs in general, and that was after Cruz got clocked. still we have that habit now of chucking it and beg for a PI flag if its incomplete , where is our mid range game???.

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
still we have that habit now of chucking it and beg for a PI flag if its incomplete , where is our mid range game???.Calling Kevin Gilbride...calling Kevin Gilbride..

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 07:01 PM
:(

Hey buddy, haven't seen you post in awhile how you been?

Always love your sarcasm as well as username haha

Hey man, how ya doin?

Me? .........I'M PISSED OFF!

I don't know if I can drink enough to forget this one and still make it into work tomorrow.....

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm firmly convinced that Gilbride is holding Eli Manning and this offense back.

I look at the way Eli has played in his biggest moments, and it is usually when he is free of Gilbride's plodding, overthinking scheme.

Today was officially the last straw for me.....today's "Lumpkin Bowl" convinced me that Gilbride is a complete *** clown.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Calling Kevin Gilbride...calling Kevin Gilbride.. mustache man!!!

jax5338
12-16-2012, 07:06 PM
im not one to call for gilbrides head on a game by game basis, but i would welcome some new ideas in any form. i hate the way the giants utilize their personnel, especially in the redzone.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Glad we're all in agreement....... now what the hell do w do about it.... lol