PDA

View Full Version : Do we deserve to make it into the playoffs right now?

RagingBlue
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
It looks like the players rather be somewhere else. Everybody guns after us because we are defending Superbowl champs and the NY Giants players look like they couldn't care less. It's like, "Here, you guys can win this game, we don't really care." Another thing about I loved about Lawrence Taylor was that he made sure other players gave 100% or he wasgoing to give them a serious beating. Carl Banks talks about it all the time. "Let's go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs."

Down-lifer
12-16-2012, 06:36 PM
They showed no heart today. Eli looks like he could care less with his awful play. Do tuck and JPP still play or are did they get traded? Answer: No

Weygand
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes. Tied for first in the division 15 weeks into the season.

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Theyre on a sinking ship...I guess these next 2 weeks will tell us what this team is made of,because today it seemed to me that they dont care and aren't hungry.

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 06:39 PM
If the Giants win enough game to get in they deserve to be in.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Based on today's performance? No.

Overall this year? Sure, why not. They're as good or bad as anyone else so if they play well enough to get in over the next two, they deserve it.

miked1958
12-16-2012, 06:41 PM
We looked that way last season in the same week as this vs Washington. Didn't lose as bad as today, but we were never in that skins game. We were demolished by the Saints last year. Demolished by Vikings in 07 late in year and also lost a game to skins again in same week that year as we did in 11 and by same score. In both those years our secondary and other areas were injury ravaged. My question to you is, did we look like we deserved to go to the playoffs after those losses in those two SB seasons?

AllHailEli
12-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Hell yeah! We beat tough teams like the niners and packers and we lost close games against the eagles and the redskins. We definitely deserve to be in the playoffs because we're better than our record!

Weygand
12-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Based on today's performance? No.

Overall this year? Sure, why not. They're as good or bad as anyone else so if they play well enough to get in over the next two, they deserve it.

Yeah. Brutal schedule and a ton of injuries and
tied for first in the toughest division in the NFL.

How do they not deserve it?

bigblue58
12-16-2012, 06:44 PM
In a word....NO!
Don't worry, it wont be an issue by the end of the season because we won't make it anyway, so all the playoff speculation will be over for good and we can
stop wondering if or whether.
The only chance the Giants had was staying a game ahead of both teams, but now that the redskins caught up, they have the better division record and they will have RG3 back for the final 2 games which are both winnable for them.
Its over....the Giants went down like a bunch of gutless wonders who look more than satisfied with resting on their laurels of 2 SB wins in 5 years. They really do look like a team who never wanted the division and could care less about defending their championship.

PETEY006
12-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes, anything can happen in the playoffs. We were in similar situations both times when we won the Superbowl

One thing i've learn is to never count the New York Giants out. We had bad performances before this year and i think next week we'll respond

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 06:45 PM
We looked that way last season in the same week as this vs Washington. Didn't lose as bad as today, but we were never in that skins game. We were demolished by the Saints last year. Demolished by Vikings in 07 late in year and also lost a game to skins again in same week that year as we did in 11 and by same score. In both those years our secondary and other areas were injury ravaged. My question to you is, did we look like we deserved to go to the playoffs after those losses in those two SB seasons?

If the skins had a better QB that game would have been just as bad as today. Giants are still very much in the title picture and if get in those playoff teams want no part of the Giants.

ashleymarie
12-16-2012, 06:45 PM
doesn't matter to me if they deserve to be there or not. I want them there.

bhz12
12-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Yes because they are the definition of the saying "any given week". Might not be so pretty during the season but can cause some rumbles in the playoffs. Those under .500 teams are still NFL teams and are capable of beating good teams. Should the Falcons not be playoff worthy cause they got beat up by the Panthers? SH#% happens but if we get that playoff spot we 100% deserve it especially since the NFC is a beach this year. It will be different if we play Atlanta again we layed an egg.

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
It looks like the players rather be somewhere else. Everybody guns after us because we are defending Superbowl champs and the NY Giants players look like they couldn't care less. It's like, "Here, you guys can win this game, we don't really care." Another thing about I loved about Lawrence Taylor was that he made sure other players gave 100% or he wasgoing to give them a serious beating. Carl Banks talks about it all the time. "Let's go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs."

Won't their record determine that?

miked1958
12-16-2012, 06:58 PM
If the skins had a better QB that game would have been just as bad as today. Giants are still very much in the title picture and if get in those playoff teams want no part of the Giants.thats what I'm saying... They become a POSION PILL to all the top seeds once they get in there lol

dakotajoe
12-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Another thing about I loved about Lawrence Taylor was that he made sure other players gave 100% or he wasgoing to give them a serious beating. "Let's go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs."

You mean the Lawrence Taylor that used to sleep in the film room, blitz when he was supposed to pass cover, and do coke during the season? I rather have a guy like Eli, first at the facility and last to leave even though he doesn't have the camera presence or make all the plays.

You can lose games and still have heart. Bradshaw, Nicks, and others play hurt every week they can. I'm pretty sure they want to win.

Lets look at last year's week 13. Another horrible loss to Rex Grossman and the skins. 7-7 record. An 8-6 team of this season is more deserving than a 7-7 team, imo.

GameTime
12-16-2012, 07:13 PM
rankings wise yes.....still in it.....however
heart and effort wise they dont deserve it. They have two games to turn their freakin' attitudes around.....

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Don't care if they backed in at this point. As long as they to in maybe they cold make another run.

rebelfan1966
12-16-2012, 07:19 PM
No, we are not a playoff caliber team anymore.

GameTime
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM
No, we are not a playoff caliber team anymore.
weren't last year either IMO...
but yes.....they stunk today

BigBlue wins
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm still waiting for the giants to play.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 07:23 PM

They're on bye this week.

Parademon
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Sad, we sound like Jets fans now with this "do we deserve to make it to the playoffs" talk.

I never thought I'd see Jets fans laughing at our fall from 1st place & we are now in the same boat as them with trying to win out & hope other teams can help us get in.

Amazing!

miked1958
12-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Sad, we sound like Jets fans now with this "do we deserve to make it to the playoffs" talk.I never thought I'd see Jets fans laughing at our fall from 1st place & we are now in the same boat as them with trying to win out & hope other teams can help us get in.Amazing!again.. Unlike jets we don't need any help. We out and we win at least a WC as good as a 6th seed for sure and maybe the 5th if Seattle drops one. We also can still win div weather or not Dallas wins today or not.. Now we'd need either Dallas or skins to lose once prior to their final game to have a chance at the east

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 07:37 PM

Time delay?

mrg3
12-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah Ill take a 6th, another game to watch and who knows, But they looked nothing like 7or 11 today theyGot blown out by Saints alot earlier last year.

Sarcasman
12-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Sad, we sound like Jets fans now with this "do we deserve to make it to the playoffs" talk.

I never thought I'd see Jets fans laughing at our fall from 1st place & we are now in the same boat as them with trying to win out & hope other teams can help us get in.

Amazing!

I don't think about nor care about the Jets. If they're laughing at anything right now instead of worrying about not losing their season completely, they're clueless.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 07:44 PM
The answer is "no".

The Giants are still living off their 2011 reputation.

miked1958
12-16-2012, 07:46 PM
The answer is "no".The Giants are still living off their 2011 reputation.weather we deserve it or not we can still make it with two wins. We didn't look to deserving in some of the blowout losses in 07 or 11 either.

ShakeandBake
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM

Amazing!

We definitely were manhandled today but we aren't anywhere near as terrible as the Jets are.

FBomb
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM

Well...if they win enough games to be the NFC Champions then they deserve to....if they don't then no. Deserve is based on wins not uninspiring, pathetic football playing.

RoanokeFan
12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
The answer is "no".

The Giants are still living off their 2011 reputation.

So if we win the next two games, we should decline the playoffs?

BMW
12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
So if we win the next two games, we should decline the playoffs?

YES

BigBlue1971
12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
no not after our performance today!

but this is the type situation where the Giants generally excel!

we win next week and we're still there. then anything happens!

bigblue58
12-16-2012, 08:19 PM
weren't last year either IMO...
but yes.....they stunk today

Thats just the point...it's not about today only, it's about the multiple chances they had to put away the redskins and cowgirls early and for good and make their wins today too little too late irrelevancies.....and they choked away every one of those games and opportunities!
And stop talking about last year.....the Defense and offense weren't playing totally inept football when they won the last 2 games they needed to get into the playoffs and went on their SB run!
This time last season is when the Offense and Defense started to put it together. It's apples and oranges comparing last years team with this years.