PDA

View Full Version : Giants eliminated with a loss next week, oh well backs against the wall

TroyArcher
12-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Lets see if they can show some pride

DownWitJPP
12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
if the put on another performance like they did today they should just stay home. Don't even bother getting out of bed

bigbluetribe
12-16-2012, 07:30 PM
it will certainly be an interesting game, a lot of jobs will be on the line

AllHailEli
12-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Good thing they changed our schedule next week. We will know by game time how desperate our situation is. Cowboys and redskins play at 1pm.

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm tired of hearing about "backs against the wall" they still come out flat regardless

AllHailEli
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm tired of hearing "backs against the wall" they still come out flat regardless

The real pressure was not on. They still controlled their destiny. That was a gimme unfortunately.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM

Do you have a link for this?

miked1958
12-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Good thing they changed our schedule next week. We will know by game time how desperate our situation is. Cowboys and redskins play at 1pm.yep if they both win we would be eliminated from winning East if we lost to ravens but believe it or not we'd still have outside shot at getting in at 9-7 depending on what the other WC teams did. We just need to win both and we are assured a playoff spot

quan the don
12-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Giants are not eliminated with a loss, Drama queens.

miked1958
12-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Do you have a link for this?still all kinds of ways we can get in. In for sure with two wins. And still can get in with help even if we lose to ravens..

Here play around with the Machine using different scenarios

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I Bleed Blue
12-16-2012, 07:44 PM
it will certainly be an interesting game, a lot of jobs will be on the line

Jobs should be on the line right now. Starting with the following.

Fewell (He's atrocious. Tim Lewis part 2)
Gilbride (The entire NFL has figured out his playbook and he won't change)
Tuck (Lazy and uninspired)
Osi (He's gone regardless)
The entire offensive line (Gutless)
Canty (overpaid)
Rolle (overpaid)
Bolley (overpaid)
Webster (overpaid)
Linval Joseph (Has anyone seen him this season?)
Chase (Yes, he's had a few good games here and there, but he's not the answer at MLB)

This crap has got to stop ASAP. Also it's time to draft a young QB and spend a couple of seasons getting him groomed. No, I'm not saying it's time to replace Eli, but if he puts up a few more stinkers like this season, it may be time to light a fire under his butt. No more of this Elite talk either. it's old now.

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 07:53 PM

Canty (overpaid)
Rolle (overpaid)
Bolley (overpaid)
Webster (overpaid)
Chase (Yes, he's had a few good games here and there, but he's not the answer at MLB)

This crap has got to stop ASAP. Also it's time to draft a young QB and spend a couple of seasons getting him groomed. No, I'm not saying it's time to replace Eli, but if he puts up a few more stinkers like this season, it may be time to light a fire under his butt. No more of this Elite talk either. it's old now.What does that say about Coughlin? He is just a bystander. Nothing more.

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Giants are not eliminated with a loss, Drama queens.Technically you are correct, but the next 2 loses will and they are coming. The Giants will finish 3rd in the NFC east and no playoffs. If you hoping for some kind of miracle, well you are in for a big disappointment. But I can guarantee you one thing: They will have a great practice.

I Bleed Blue
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM
What does that say about Coughlin? He is just a bystander. Nothing more.

I agree, but you are going to hear the "He's won 2 Super Bowls" homers come out swinging. I hope that he doesn't finish out his remaining 2 years, but it's highly unlikely. I'm totally convinced that we won those 2 Super Bowls in spite of him. He's just too clueless at this point in his career. It's his way or no way at the expense of the team.

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Lets see if they can show some prideYou mean the pride they showed today?

bhz12
12-16-2012, 08:01 PM

Canty (overpaid)
Rolle (overpaid)
Bolley (overpaid)
Webster (overpaid)

This crap has got to stop ASAP. Also it's time to draft a young QB and spend a couple of seasons getting him groomed. No, I'm not saying it's time to replace Eli, but if he puts up a few more stinkers like this season, it may be time to light a fire under his butt. No more of this Elite talk either. it's old now.

Chase Blackburn has been the only person playing with heart during our losses he is definitely not the problem at all, wish we had more talent at LB around him though.

quan the don
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
What does that say about Coughlin? He is just a bystander. Nothing more.
We will see I think the Giants take care of business.

erivera
12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
I agree, but you are going to hear the "He's won 2 Super Bowls" homers come out swinging. I hope that he doesn't finish out his remaining 2 years, but it's highly unlikely. I'm totally convinced that we won those 2 Super Bowls in spite of him. He's just too clueless at this point in his career. It's his way or no way at the expense of the team.

coughlin won't get fired until he gets a new offensive coordinator. gilbride has been there forever so i would think gilbride would be a fall guy before coughlin.

bigbluetribe
12-16-2012, 08:07 PM
the problem is we hope and think these things but the giants organization is too damn loyal for their own good and it will kill us. We dont take risks or chances like other franchises and yes all you out there will see we have two rings, damn right we do and its in spite of what many higher ups have done not because of them

laylow28
12-16-2012, 08:14 PM

Canty (overpaid)
Rolle (overpaid)
Bolley (overpaid)
Webster (overpaid)

This crap has got to stop ASAP. Also it's time to draft a young QB and spend a couple of seasons getting him groomed. No, I'm not saying it's time to replace Eli, but if he puts up a few more stinkers like this season, it may be time to light a fire under his butt. No more of this Elite talk either. it's old now. No coaches are getting fired. Also Linval has played well this yr.

brad
12-16-2012, 08:26 PM

Canty (overpaid)
Rolle (overpaid)
Bolley (overpaid)
Webster (overpaid)

While I agree that jobs should be on the line, gutting the entire team and coaching staff isn't exactly a formula that has spelled success for any team that has ever tried it. I am all for replacing coordinators, assuming that you can bring in replacements that are an improvement over what is already in place. I am also all for replacing some players. Like you said, Osi and Tuck are most likely gone after this season, and I think their replacements are probably already on the team. Gutting the rest of the line with no clear plan for replacement however isn't something I would even consider. Canty is a solid DT who has been injured most of the year. I would bring him back. I also think Joseph is pretty solid, however if you were able to sign or draft replacements, I wouldn't complain. Webster hasn't been outstanding, but again, would not get rid of him unless you had someone that could step in and do the job better. Chase, while not the most athletic, he is one of the few players on defense that comes to play every game, he is also the QB of the defense. I wouldn't complain if they found someone better... but I would keep him on the team, even if only as a back up. If you want to replace linebackers, I would take a closer look at the outside LBs first.

The OL is a whole different issue. It hasn't been great, but you can't just cut everyone and replace them with a whole new group and expect them to play as a unit day one. This means you better also get a very good backup QB because Eli won't last very long. That being said, there do need to look at upgrading a few positions on the line and improving depth.

You can't have the best players at every position and stay within the salary cap. What you need is coaches that are able to produce game plans that mask your weaker areas while taking advantage of your strengths... this is why, in my opinion, the coaching staff is more important than the players. A great coach will win more games with less talent than a lousy coach with more.

Giantterp
12-16-2012, 08:53 PM
No coaches are getting fired. Also Linval has played well this yr.

I would not be so confident (if the Giants don't make it). I think assistants have been let go in the past with other collapses. TC is 100% and should be.

Agree up until the past few games on Joseph. He's had some good moments early. Definitely would not dump him. Also, not sure how anyone can call Tuck lazy unless you watch him in practice. We can all say he's clearly not what he use to be, but it's unfair to just assume it due to lazyness

I Bleed Blue
12-16-2012, 09:19 PM
While I agree that jobs should be on the line, gutting the entire team and coaching staff isn't exactly a formula that has spelled success for any team that has ever tried it. I am all for replacing coordinators, assuming that you can bring in replacements that are an improvement over what is already in place. I am also all for replacing some players. Like you said, Osi and Tuck are most likely gone after this season, and I think their replacements are probably already on the team. Gutting the rest of the line with no clear plan for replacement however isn't something I would even consider. Canty is a solid DT who has been injured most of the year. I would bring him back. I also think Joseph is pretty solid, however if you were able to sign or draft replacements, I wouldn't complain. Webster hasn't been outstanding, but again, would not get rid of him unless you had someone that could step in and do the job better. Chase, while not the most athletic, he is one of the few players on defense that comes to play every game, he is also the QB of the defense. I wouldn't complain if they found someone better... but I would keep him on the team, even if only as a back up. If you want to replace linebackers, I would take a closer look at the outside LBs first.

The OL is a whole different issue. It hasn't been great, but you can't just cut everyone and replace them with a whole new group and expect them to play as a unit day one. This means you better also get a very good backup QB because Eli won't last very long. That being said, there do need to look at upgrading a few positions on the line and improving depth.

You can't have the best players at every position and stay within the salary cap. What you need is coaches that are able to produce game plans that mask your weaker areas while taking advantage of your strengths... this is why, in my opinion, the coaching staff is more important than the players. A great coach will win more games with less talent than a lousy coach with more.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I wouldn't say cutting the players I listed as gutting the team, but more or less finding cheaper value at those positions, along with current players on the roster stepping into those vacancies. This would also free up a ton of money due to fact that a lot of salary cap money is tied into these players. They are not good enough to be paid as they are. Kiwi can return to his natural position and hopefully Ojomo can see the field more if he's able to step up. Hosley and Prince are now the future, along with Will Hill and Stevie Brown. I wouldn't give up on Kenny Phillips either.

I totally disagree with your assessment on the coordinators. We cannot bring these guys back and Coughlin may be forced by management once again to make a change at DC. I hope to GOD that someone offers Gilbride a head coaching job somewhere else. He's simply out of date. The O line is not very good. They have no push against the better defenses in the league. Yes, they had a good game against SF, but that was a flash in the pan performance. They lack the meanness and toughness that an O should have. They are SOFT! any change here would be for the better.

brad
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
I agree with a lot of what you said. I wouldn't say cutting the players I listed as gutting the team, but more or less finding cheaper value at those positions, along with current players on the roster stepping into those vacancies. This would also free up a ton of money due to fact that a lot of salary cap money is tied into these players. They are not good enough to be paid as they are. Kiwi can return to his natural position and hopefully Ojomo can see the field more if he's able to step up. Hosley and Prince are now the future, along with Will Hill and Stevie Brown. I wouldn't give up on Kenny Phillips either.

I totally disagree with your assessment on the coordinators. We cannot bring these guys back and Coughlin may be forced by management once again to make a change at DC. I hope to GOD that someone offers Gilbride a head coaching job somewhere else. He's simply out of date. The O line is not very good. They have no push against the better defenses in the league. Yes, they had a good game against SF, but that was a flash in the pan performance. They lack the meanness and toughness that an O should have. They are SOFT! any change here would be for the better.

I have no problem with replacing the coordinators, in fact that would be my first inclination. The concern being that you replace them with coords that are worse, although that may be pretty hard to do. What I would avoid is changing coords and too many of the players, especially those in leadership positions. That may cause too much disruption and guarantee a year or more of turmoil before getting things on track.

TroyArcher
12-19-2012, 01:10 PM

Canty (overpaid)
Rolle (overpaid)
Bolley (overpaid)
Webster (overpaid)

Fewell doesn't seem to much, pretty much "hey 4 DL, go get the QB)
Gilbride has been good more times than not
Tuck, I think he has lost the drive to play hard
Osi, always soft but he used to be super fast and made alot of plays, now he is pretty much useless
O-line has been pretty good this year, good in pass protection, so-so run blocking, do need to add a Right Tackle
Canty has done very little
Rolle is a good player and seems to really care
Boley, he seems very slow
Webster has stunk
Joseph started out well but has not played well lately
Chase is a solid MLB and gives 100% on every play, if they all played as hard as Blackburn they wouldn't lose very often
Too early to draft a QB, Eli has another 5-6 good years left
Eli is not all to blame, he has proven himself as an ultimate winner and clutch QB, halfway through the year he was in the conversation for league MVP

Out of Exile
12-19-2012, 05:50 PM
I would not be so confident (if the Giants don't make it). I think assistants have been let go in the past with other collapses. TC is 100% and should be.

Agree up until the past few games on Joseph. He's had some good moments early. Definitely would not dump him. Also, not sure how anyone can call Tuck lazy unless you watch him in practice. We can all say he's clearly not what he use to be, but it's unfair to just assume it due to lazyness

Fire TC? LOL GTFO.

joemorrisforprez
12-19-2012, 05:53 PM

It will take more than a Giants loss to be eliminated....they need to lose, and other teams need to win.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21415902/nfl-playoff-picture-scenarios----week-16

NEW YORK GIANTS
NY Giants can clinch a playoff berth with:
1) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + DAL loss + WAS loss or tie OR
2) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + WAS loss + DAL tie

The N.Y. Giants, who were once 6-2 and can clinch this week, can be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss + Washington win + Dallas win + Seattle win/tie.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-19-2012, 05:55 PM

lets see if they can show some,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=epAkymGtKKE#!

G-MANning4Life
12-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Good thing they changed our schedule next week. We will know by game time how desperate our situation is. Cowboys and redskins play at 1pm.
Hopefully whatever the outcome may be, the urgency to show up to the game and give it their all will be within the team, coaches and players.

dbreiden83080
12-19-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm tired of hearing about "backs against the wall" they still come out flat regardless

That was the feeling last year and it turned out pretty well..