PDA

View Full Version : Remember when...???

civilwar
12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Remember back in the 80's when our defenders made plays? Banks tackling guys at or behind the line of scrimmage, Marshall and Burt crushing guys.
Carson and LT forcing fumbles and just crushing guys?

These guys just don't make any plays. Haven't for some time. I rarely hear Boley, Rivers, Kiwi (when he was at LB), or Blackburn's name during the broadcast. I'd love it if Herzlich stepped up but he seems like a nice story...but not ready for prime time.

I've been an Osi hater for years now. His "wide arc" technique is pathetic. He's not a team player. He seems to have rubbed off on JPP and Tuck seems
tired on every play. Embarassing.

I hope we draft a stud linebacker that likes to crack skulls next year. Time to get rid of the guys with two super bowl rings that just don't care. I really can't lblame them...if you were getting paid millions and had won the big game twice...you'd start to think of it as a job just like we all do at work.

sorry...rambling and just saying what's on my mind.

giantsforce
12-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Remember back in the 80's when our defenders made plays? Banks tackling guys at or behind the line of scrimmage, Marshall and Burt crushing guys.
Carson and LT forcing fumbles and just crushing guys?

These guys just don't make any plays. Haven't for some time. I rarely hear Boley, Rivers, Kiwi (when he was at LB), or Blackburn's name during the broadcast. I'd love it if Herzlich stepped up but he seems like a nice story...but not ready for prime time.

I've been an Osi hater for years now. His "wide arc" technique is pathetic. He's not a team player. He seems to have rubbed off on JPP and Tuck seems
tired on every play. Embarassing.

I hope we draft a stud linebacker that likes to crack skulls next year. Time to get rid of the guys with two super bowl rings that just don't care. I really can't lblame them...if you were getting paid millions and had won the big game twice...you'd start to think of it as a job just like we all do at work.

sorry...rambling and just saying what's on my mind.Most posters on this board were not even alive back then. let alone remember. They accept the Coughlin mediocrity because the have not been through the Ray Perkins or the Handley, or the Reeves and even most of the Fassel Mediocrity.

BigBlueCrew88
12-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Most posters on this board were not even alive back then. let alone remember. They accept the Coughlin mediocrity because the have not been through the Ray Perkins or the Handley, or the Reeves and even most of the Fassel Mediocrity.

I've only been around for 5 or six years, but I did take the time to learn about the older giants teams. To get on topic, the rules are different now. Go back and watch the LT highlights, they are spectacular but full of things that are not legal in today's game. That group of linebackers was special, with our team backed against the cap with Nicks and Cruz needing new deals it is going to be hard finding space to bring in a quality LB unless one falls to us in the draft, we are going to be picking in the late 20s most likely.