PDA

View Full Version : And this is why we get no respect ....

gumby74
12-16-2012, 09:12 PM
How can you respect a team that pulls this second half collapse bull**** drama every year - even during a championship season? God, it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't mind being terrible, but the one thing I can't tolerate is being inconsistent.

mommy2dylan
12-16-2012, 09:13 PM
OMG ... That's the first problem, wanting respect, who gives a flying fadoodle, play the game for yourself, your teammates and the fans .... Anything else is a distraction and irrelevant

BMW
12-16-2012, 09:14 PM
I guess all that respect Eagles and Cowboys get worked well for them so far.

TheBookOfEli
12-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Inconsistency really plays with my emotions. I'm not sure if i can take this team anymore this year. My blood pressure is going through the roof.

G-Men Surg.
At least the Giants bashing keeps consistent win or lose.

SuperNYGiants
If winning 2 Super Bowls the last 5 years is not going to get respect, nothing else will. Those people are just jealous and stubborn, why even bother.

AllHailEli
12-16-2012, 09:16 PM
That's the problem this season -- the giants got so much respect. They can't handle being the front runner, they need to play like underdogs.

gumby74
12-16-2012, 09:20 PM
If winning 2 Super Bowls the last 5 years is not going to get respect, nothing else will. Those people are just jealous and stubborn, why even bother.

people reward consistency. Consistent winners get the respect - whether or not they win the SB. Whenever people talk about our SB runs, they say we just got hot at the right time. What they don't say is that we were the best team. And they are 100% correct.

BigBlue1971
12-16-2012, 09:22 PM
That's the problem this season -- the giants got so much respect. They can't handle being the front runner, they need to play like underdogs.

well thats what they need to do immediately!

jgiantfan
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
How can you respect a team that pulls this second half collapse bull**** drama every year - even during a championship season? God, it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't mind being terrible, but the one thing I can't tolerate is being inconsistent.
Inconsistency is what you are going to get as long as Tommy Coughlin is the head coach. Let's face it..... It's feast or famine and we should count our blessings with 2 SBs .

AllHailEli
12-16-2012, 09:24 PM
people reward consistency. Consistent winners get the respect - whether or not they win the SB. Whenever people talk about our SB runs, they say we just got hot at the right time. What they don't say is that we were the best team. And they are 100% correct.

Respect ain't getting you a Super Bowl. Ask Tom Brady if he's happy with that 18-1 record without a Super Bowl. The fact of the matter is a lot of teams don't want to meet the Giants in the playoffs and that comes from our last two Super Bowl runs.

SuperNYGiants
12-16-2012, 09:28 PM
And 2 Super Bowls in 5 years isn't consistent? Winning 2 Super Bowls in 5 years also says it's not freak accident. People reward consistency? What people? As far as I know, the NFL rewards based on RESULTS. Best teams don't always come out on top, so what, it's not our fault that Green Bay choked, and it's not our fault that 49ers messed it up in their punt coverage. Giants don't have to apologize for winning, get a grip.

gumby74
12-16-2012, 09:44 PM
And 2 Super Bowls in 5 years isn't consistent? Winning 2 Super Bowls in 5 years also says it's not freak accident. People reward consistency? What people? As far as I know, the NFL rewards based on RESULTS. Best teams don't always come out on top, so what, it's not our fault that Green Bay choked, and it's not our fault that 49ers messed it up in their punt coverage. Giants don't have to apologize for winning, get a grip.

Hey. When fellow Giant fans ***** and moan about not getting any respect from those "people", I guess those "people" would be the media. I think it's time Giant fans realize that we don't have the type of team that will get respect. I'll take SBs any day of the week and can't give 2 ****s about respect, but people that come in here and complain about it every week drive me up the wall. It's time they remember times like this and shut up. And yes. I'm just as pissed off as everyone else.

Parademon
12-16-2012, 09:59 PM

+10