PDA

View Full Version : If Giants lose 1 game..

PSU_GMEN
12-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Can they even still have a chance getting in? I was messing around with NFL playoff Machine and can't come up with any situation where the giants can lose one of the 2 reaming games and still make it.

BMW
12-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Every team ahead of us will most likely win their games due to our luck this year, so I don't see how we make the wild card even if we win both games? Okay NM I get it now, the cowboys or redksins will lose at the end and we're going to make it in if we win the last 2 games.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
lose 1 and over because redskins have a better div record .

45Jones
12-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Lets call in a mercy killing. Folks the Giants choke up the important games -- and the teams we need help from are teams of destiny, winning with a backup qb and winning in overtime. We had the magic in '07 and last year. This year is not our turn.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 08:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=45004151&15=04540105&16=00005114

nhpgiantsfan
12-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Every team ahead of us will most likely win their games due to our luck this year, so I don't see how we make the wild card even if we win both games?

If we win the last two games we get the wild card. Case closed. We control our own destiny for the wild card.

elitocruz
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
WE CAN ALSO GET THE TOP WILDCARD SEED BY FINISHING TIED WITH SEATTLE. (THEY PLAY THE NINERS NEXT). WE WOULD HAVE A BETTER CONF RECORD IF WE WIN OUT AND THEY LOSE ONCE. WE CAN ALSO LOSE ONCE AND STILL GET IN. BUT I'M DONE PREDICTING WHAT THIS TEAM WILL DO. WASN'T SURE THEY'D WIN TODAY. BUT WAS CERTAIN THEY'D AT LEAST SHOW UP. NEITHER HAPPENED.

titwio
12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
lose 1 and over because redskins have a better div record .

If the Giants lose next week they're still in if the Redskins and Cowboys both lose. They would need to win their last game and have both those teams lose again. :p

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-16-2012, 10:07 PM
If the Giants lose next week they're still in if the Redskins and Cowboys both lose. They would need to win their last game and have both those teams lose again. :p

But, the Cowboys and Redskins play each other in one of those games, so I don't think that's possible. You'd have to be rooting for a tie in that game.

Parademon
12-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Sad, that we are in the same situation as the Jets & even more incredible that the Jets might be the team that makes the playoffs & not us!

Must be nice to have Az, Jags, Tenn & Buffalo as your last 4 teams in Dec, while we get NO, Atl, Balt & our # 1 tormentor, Philly to finish the season.

titwio
12-16-2012, 10:17 PM
But, the Cowboys and Redskins play each other in one of those games, so I don't think that's possible. You'd have to be rooting for a tie in that game.

Forgot about that...You are correct.

stormblue
12-16-2012, 10:38 PM
the truth is that the 9-7 scenario involves Philly beating Wash AND Arizona beating Chicago....not gonna happen.

miked1958
12-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Actually Seattle would have to lose two in this scenario. They got their 9th win today. We would need to tie them or bears at 9-7 to get in. They stole that game vs GB early on remember. Seattle has SF and the Rams left

miked1958
12-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Machine has lots of options still left. Best is for us to win both

G-MANning4Life
12-16-2012, 10:52 PM
We have to win the next two games to have a wildcard spot. Otherwise, it's lights out, party over until next season.

miked1958
12-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Actually everyone is leaving out Vikings. They can get in with 10-6 record as well

ImElectric2
12-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Lets call in a mercy killing. Folks the Giants choke up the important games -- and the teams we need help from are teams of destiny, winning with a backup qb and winning in overtime. We had the magic in '07 and last year. This year is not our turn.

This. I felt magic as early as the Seattle game last year despite the loss. This team doesn't have the fire or drive. You can feel it some years. 2002 we had it. 2007 you felt it a tad, but you knew it could be for real once we toppled Tampa. I haven't felt anything close to magic this year. Who knows, maybe we find our feet and it just clicks, but its different this year. Not sure that I can explain it, but I think you get it, 45Jones, based on your post.

L.T.56
12-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Actually everyone is leaving out Vikings. They can get in with 10-6 record as well

if them and the giants both win out, the giants will get in due to better conference record. same with the bears.

Overdrive92
12-16-2012, 11:15 PM
If the Giants go 1-1 over the next 2 games, fat chance they get in. Because then you'd need a TON of help to get in, including win/loss scenarios involving the Vikings, Bears, Seahawks, Redskins, and Cowboys.

G-MENBK
12-16-2012, 11:20 PM
If the Giants lose one more game, it will be a lovely and splendid atmosphere on this MB.

miked1958
12-16-2012, 11:20 PM
if them and the giants both win out, the giants will get in due to better conference record. same with the bears.i think when I ran it with both us and minny can make with us needing no help but them needing Seattle to lose as they can't tie them

L.T.56
12-16-2012, 11:23 PM
even if seattle does lose to sanfran next week, i see no way in hell they lose to the rams at home in the last week of the season. especially if they need that win.

BillTheGreek
12-17-2012, 12:45 AM
If we win the last two games we get the wild card. Case closed. We control our own destiny for the wild card.

^^ This

stormblue
12-17-2012, 02:32 AM
it's like everybody thinks there's only one wild card instead of 2.
if we win out and don't get the division....we still get 1 of the 2 wild card berths....
the rest of those other teams can do whatever....it won't matter to us.

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 02:36 AM
Actually I am tired of watching this team show up for only some games. If they don't make the playoffs that is fine with me. About 5 minutes into the game I realized it was deja vu all over again, i.e. Bengal game.

miked1958
12-17-2012, 02:21 PM
not saying they can flip the switch again but it is all lining up just like it did in the other two SB seasons. We have a ton of injury riddled guys in secondary, Oline and RB.. Even our WRs have not been healthy all at the same time all season...

Do you guys realize we lost to the Redskins in week 15 in both SB seasons by almost same score. 23-10 in the 3rd last game of 07 SB run and 22-10 in last years SB run. Now i realize we were shut out in Week 15 this year 34-0 but we have been blown out in both SB years in 2nd half of season. 07 by Vikings where eli threw 4 picks with 3 going to Sharper who returned 2 of them to the HOUSE. And that game was late in the season. Last year we were trounced 49-24 during our 5losses in 6game span.

The key is even though we had all the injuries to players at key positions and failed to show up in games where we were blown out or just didnt play well against teams we should have beaten. Like seattle in 07 and Skins twice last year. We then went on a 6 game winning streak in both of those seasons to take the Title after the week 15 losses. Lets see if LIGHTING can strike 3 TIMES for our Giants... WHOS WITH ME???

ALL IN????

nhpgiantsfan
12-17-2012, 03:12 PM
not saying they can flip the switch again but it is all lining up just like it did in the other two SB seasons. We have a ton of injury riddled guys in secondary, Oline and RB.. Even our WRs have not been healthy all at the same time all season...

Do you guys realize we lost to the Redskins in week 15 in both SB seasons by almost same score. 23-10 in the 3rd last game of 07 SB run and 22-10 in last years SB run. Now i realize we were shut out in Week 15 this year 34-0 but we have been blown out in both SB years in 2nd half of season. 07 by Vikings where eli threw 4 picks with 3 going to Sharper who returned 2 of them to the HOUSE. And that game was late in the season. Last year we were trounced 49-24 during our 5losses in 6game span.

The key is even though we had all the injuries to players at key positions and failed to show up in games where we were blown out or just didnt play well against teams we should have beaten. Like seattle in 07 and Skins twice last year. We then went on a 6 game winning streak in both of those seasons to take the Title after the week 15 losses. Lets see if LIGHTING can strike 3 TIMES for our Giants... WHOS WITH ME???

ALL IN????

While I find it hard to believe that it will happen again. All of your facts are the reason that nobody should jump off the ledge just yet. This is nothing new, we've been through this before.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 03:18 PM

I think they have @Houston coming up... Adrian Peterson, as awesome as he is, isn't going to bail out that team forever... not to mention they suck away.