PDA

View Full Version : Osi and Tuck..Thanks for the memories

daynemustgo
12-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Integral parts of two SB championship teams. Good luck to them in the future.

Joe Morrison
12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Osi was back to his old run around the back routine and got smoked all day, Tuck is just shot.

dave56dj
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Umm osi actually was on ryans back a couple of times and played a screen very well - guy has been the most active de the last 2 weeks - although thats hard to say when JPP has two guys on him on every snap.

tuck has struggled.

brad
12-16-2012, 08:33 PM
It's kinda sad, I thought we would get a few more years out of them.... especially Tuck. But it seems that both are pretty much finished. That being said, JPP has fallen in production as well, which makes you wonder if the issue is deeper than simply players being unable to play anymore. Is the system a bigger issue than we are acknowledging? They are all playing like they just don't buy into it anymore.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Integral parts of two SB championship teams. Good luck to them in the future.

I agree. Time to let some young, hungry players get a chance.

Best wishes to both of you....seriously, thanks for everything, and enjoy your post-Giants careers.

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Is Ojomo on injured reserve?

BigBlue1971
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Tuck may stick around at a reduced salary and as a backup!

i think he wants to retire a Giant!

Rich4114
12-16-2012, 08:43 PM
I think there's a reason rushing four DE's is something no other team does on a regular basis. The ends can't do much because there's no push up the middle. Linval is alright but we need a big strong DT to push the pocket back. The scheme is also a big part of the problem. We saw it last year, not being able to get off the field on 3rd downs. 3rd and long? Here comes a wide open pass to the TE or an open play to whoever Corey Webster is covering. Oh yeah and then the quick slant we can't stop because there's no such thing as a press CB on our team.

Offense to me just seems like a combination of missed opportunities and questionable play calls. We had momentum and I think we ran the same draw run play 4-6 times in a row. We got big gains out of it early but once they knew it was coming they stopped it - yet we kept running it.

Then there's the missed deep balls for the past month+. I'll put that on Eli and the WR's.

Rich4114
12-16-2012, 08:43 PM
sorry, ranted a little there :)

joemorrisforprez
12-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Too bad Marvin Austin has been a complete bust.....maybe we'd have an offensive line if that pick wasn't wasted on him.

bigbluetribe
12-16-2012, 08:50 PM
These guys get a lot of blame and its well deserved but lets not make it like its all on them, webster, rolle, injuries all have killed us. Our DT have been invisible this year. Bottom line is we need a revamp and quickly. There is still talent here but we have some fat

Prince, JPP, Hill, Stevie Brown, Williams on defense and we still have Eli plus Wilson is emerging, Cruz. The core is close to there but we need to rebuild around them quickly. Rebuild isnt right word but more of a revamp.

The guys who make 5 mil plus and do the same stuff a guy like tracy who makes 650k are the ones that kill us.

I Hate T.O.
12-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Osi was back to his old run around the back routine and got smoked all day, Tuck is just shot.

I never thought Osi was all that..I always thought Tuck was going to be another Strahan....fooled me. He needs to get out of the game...his heart just isnt there anymore.You can see it

gumby74
12-16-2012, 08:53 PM
We're drafting dline this year. Bank on it.

brad
12-16-2012, 08:55 PM
We're drafting dline this year. Bank on it.

D-line replacements may already be in place... LB may be the bigger problem considering how much success TEs have across the middle.

bigbluetribe
12-16-2012, 09:03 PM
D-line replacements may already be in place... LB may be the bigger problem considering how much success TEs have across the middle.
agreed, i think we move kiwi back and let tracy and ojomo play more. Maybe dt but lb is the concern, williams has been too injured, herzlich isnt a starter, rivers and boley arent living up to the hype. Its a position we have been lost at for a long time. I feel good in secondary except for webster but DT and LB are key on defense. Offensively we need lineman as well I beleive RT is weak and who knows about the rest of the line, they are so inconsistent.

FlyingTruck
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
It's kinda sad, I thought we would get a few more years out of them.... especially Tuck. But it seems that both are pretty much finished. That being said, JPP has fallen in production as well, which makes you wonder if the issue is deeper than simply players being unable to play anymore. Is the system a bigger issue than we are acknowledging? They are all playing like they just don't buy into it anymore.JPP has been getting doubled and even tripled team all year long. There hasn't been anyone else on the line to take attention away from him.

Parademon
12-16-2012, 10:10 PM
OCs have figured out the Giants NASCAR package this yr. We need to draft fast LBers to deal with all these running QBs we're gonna be playing in the next decade or so. Also so they can cover all these athletic TEs as well.

Sigh, I miss when we had a LBing corps that consisted of"

LT
Harry Carson
Carl Banks
Gary Reasons
Pepper Johnson

oldsmobile
12-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Keep hearing "Best defensive line in NFL ". What a JOKE !!! Tuck looks lost , I think that "face mask ' is blocking his vision . LOL !!! Or he his eating to many SUBS AT SUBWAY . When was their lqast sacks ----- 3 or 4 games ago !!!

TomCat_FIN
12-17-2012, 02:24 AM
Tuck has regressed a lot and that's a shame, because I like him. The only reason he's starting at the moment is because he's the defensive captain.

Osi on the other hand has been playing better lately, IMO.

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 02:33 AM
Tuck was brutal today. For me the D-Line has been a major disappointment this year. I expected JPP to continue his Superman play from last year. Maybe I am not watching him closely enough but to me he is not standing out as superhuman like last year.