PDA

View Full Version : 3 Shotgun draws in a row...

NYGBandit
12-16-2012, 09:59 PM
First one gets 6 yards... ok...
Second one gets 2 yards... ok...
Third one dropped for a loss...

Literally the same play 3 times in a row...

At what point can people not see how PREDICTABLE our offense is...

LET ELI RUN A NO HUDDLE PLEASE!

egyptian420
12-16-2012, 10:06 PM
I still can't believe that.....If you asked a local elementary school football coach if that's a good idea he'd think you're drunk. I can ask a little 6 year old girl and she'd think that's stupid. How this just occurred in the NFL is beyond me....and I'm not even a Gilbride hater.

djpotential
12-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Maybe we were trying to rock them to sleep

NYGBandit
12-16-2012, 10:26 PM
I am a firm believer that when we are struggling like this... we should run the no huddle and get the offense in a rhythm...

mike kennedy
12-16-2012, 10:30 PM

At what point? Sept 2012!

DayOneGiant
12-16-2012, 10:40 PM
I am a firm believer that when we are struggling like this... we should run the no huddle and get the offense in a rhythm...
Exactly.

Moke
12-16-2012, 10:43 PM
This was like the momentum killer. We were driving the ball down the field so well too. Dumb plays. Lumpkin was doing a fine job and they kept calling the draws like it was going to keep on working...

ImElectric2
12-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Noooo....it was execution! That play has worked WONDERS in the past....when Ward ran it.....The shotgun draw was a nuisance last year and is even worse this year. There is absolutely zero reason I should correctly call when we are running it 75%+. What's worse is Gilbride thinks he's a genius and goes ahead and spews off about it in the media (ie, he's not gonna change because in his mind "why should I? I'm the on e who's great...). Shotgun draw...we don't even freaking run playaction off it which tells me The Stach doesn't even think people are keying on it and/or we aren't using it that much.

NYGBandit
12-17-2012, 05:14 AM
even when we did it with ward it wasnt amazing... the problem with the shotgun draw is prototypical problem with our game....

it goes for 12 yards then a loss of 1 then a gain of 2.... so on the stat sheet it looks like the play averages 4.3 yards...

But really... it seldomly works... we need things that work consistently... option routes from the slot nearside tight end to overload a zone... screen passes and swing passes....

there are a million questions that you just kind of drop your jaw about and wonder... am i really smarter than they are or do they really know something we dont...

TheShouldersOf
12-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Stubbornness and narcissism blinds people

GMAN2K9
12-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Pee Wee football stuff man. So it worked great once... keep it in the back pocket to use later in the game, NOT two more times in a row!!! The whole concept of the draw is to catch the D off guard.

In the past, I've considered if KG even draws up a game plan sometimes or just rolls with his playbook bc its that damn good/unstoppable (in his eyes). Yesterday was a clear indication that his ego was swollen to the size of the Hindenburg balloon after the 52 spot against an AWFUL saints defense... and our offense crashed & burned

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 01:22 PM
its frustrating because u think at some point these coaches are NFL coaches and they must be able to figure out how to call smart, non predictable plays, but they do the same thing over and over.. Its really insane..
Why we never even consider things outta the ordinary like a flea flicker, or a reverse, or end around, or get the ball in jerrnigans hands on a little wr screen or bubble screen or something is beyond me..
Gilbride should be way more creative with this groupiing of offensive weapons.. He seems to have alittle bit of everything on offense from size, to speed, to power, to tall, to short, slippery after catch..etc I just don't get the problem?

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Noooo....it was execution! That play has worked WONDERS in the past....when Ward ran it.....The shotgun draw was a nuisance last year and is even worse this year. There is absolutely zero reason I should correctly call when we are running it 75%+. What's worse is Gilbride thinks he's a genius and goes ahead and spews off about it in the media (ie, he's not gonna change because in his mind "why should I? I'm the on e who's great...). Shotgun draw...we don't even freaking run playaction off it which tells me The Stach doesn't even think people are keying on it and/or we aren't using it that much.

Exactly....it's Kevin Gilbride's world, and we fans are just living it in.

Just sit back and watch that "Lumpkin Draw Play Magic".

Moke
12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Exactly....it's Kevin Gilbride's world, and we fans are just living it in.

Just sit back and watch that "Lumpkin Draw Play Magic".

One of those or 2 of those shotgun draws were Wilson by the way... lol

Lumpkin had a pretty decent game yesterday for the limited time he had.

TorontoGiant
12-17-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPK3cDl7Ftw&feature=player_detailpage#t=27s

That is what I wanted to do watching that game. Too bad my fist instead went through my living room table oh well.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 01:40 PM

I think Gilbride's thinking was: "Nobody in their right mind would ran that play 3 times in a row"......so he was really attempting to fool them.

Brilliant idea really.....unfortunately, Reese didn't draft players that are equal to Gilbride's genius.