PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice production from our third WR is basically NIL??

Snappinnecks
12-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Which leads me to think: Maybe Mario Manningham WAS that good...

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Manningham was that good. That's FA in the NFL though.

Overdrive92
12-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Ummm...Hixon was our best receiver today.

The main problem with our receiving corp. is that Nicks is not even close to healthy. And that's opening up a host of problems for our receivers.

Snappinnecks
12-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Get his butt off the field then. He's hurting the team more than helping them if he's that hurt.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 12:26 AM
yeah, nicks stretches the field when healthy. hes dirty on intermediate/deeper routes. he just cant run them now with any consistency (its why he actually caught atl off guard on that one time he did get behind them). im not saying dont start nicks, but i am saying he should be getting a lot less snaps. we need healthy guys in there

Overdrive92
12-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Get his butt off the field then. He's hurting the team more than helping them if he's that hurt.

We can't. Who do you put in his place, Jernigan? At the very least, Nicks is acting as a decoy.

L.T.56
12-17-2012, 12:28 AM
i really like randle. i dont understand why they're are using him at returning more than at receiving.

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Get his butt off the field then. He's hurting the team more than helping them if he's that hurt.To late now. They had heir chance to sit him until after the bye when he played against the 49ers. He was a non factor in that game up until he bye. He could have been healthier by now.

Overdrive92
12-17-2012, 12:35 AM
i really like randle. i dont understand why they're are using him at returning more than at receiving.

They're not even using him at returning anymore. Hixon's back there.

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Was asking about Randle last week.

Flip Empty
12-17-2012, 01:23 AM
Yep, I argued this earlier in the season and got shut down. It's plain as day now.

BigBlueCrew88
12-17-2012, 01:25 AM
There is no consistency at the position. One week it will be Hixon, the next it will be Randle. Maybe Barden once. Until that #3 is given to one man it is going to be hard to get a rhythm going. Based off production, I'd like to see Hixon be the guy.

dakotajoe
12-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Which leads me to think: Maybe Mario Manningham WAS that good...

Hixon had a good day today. We've had a third WR step up multiple times this year Barden, Randle, and Hixon numerous times. The bigger problem is with our #1 or #2, whichever way you look at it.

OX1
12-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Ummm...Hixon was our best receiver today.

The main problem with our receiving corp. is that Nicks is not even close to healthy. And that's opening up a host of problems for our receivers.

The main problem is Eli forcign the ball to an injured Nicks when others are wide open.
happened at least 10 times in the last several weeks, and we can't even see the whole
field of play. It is probably happening more.

I said O-line, O-line, O-line so many times well over 2 years ago. O-line fixes so many problems,
even the D as they would be playing from a lead most games and could take more chances.
The line is bad enough that BPA is not an option this draft.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 04:50 AM
no matter how u slice it, the #3 WR has not CONSISTENTLY been a threat to the Defenses. what made MM so great in our system was that teams absolutely had to account for his quickness/speed otherwise he was scoring a TD. remember, for 2 or 3 yrs, MM had the best YPC avg even higher than DJax. MM was Mr.Big Play.
And for the few spectacular catches Hixons given us, and the sporadic games KG was FORCED into using guys like Barden and Randle, the #3 WR has done bupkiss and opposing defenses arent worried about him at all. which then allows them to double both nicks n cruz w/o fear...Randle is gonna be the guy but i think JR was too hopeful KG would figure it out with the guys we have now....

M00KIE
12-17-2012, 05:57 AM
I don't think anyone viewed losing MM as a positive. It was a money issue, plain and simple and happens every year. No sense even talking about it.