PDA

View Full Version : Do elite qb's lose 34-0? Post honest opinions on Eli?

Pages : [1] 2

GIANTS740ilbmw
12-16-2012, 11:23 PM
He's a confusing player cause his feast or famine playing style!
QB's now seem to use their feet to keep plays alive, even Brady & Eli won't run!
(4th & 1 with plenty of room to run & he throws incomplete to Cruz)
I also get upset @ throwing 45 yds downfield on a 3rd & 4???
Why so many INT's??? Ball security is IMPORTANT especially to an Elite qb!!!
I luv having Eli as our qb but can he adapt his game to give us better options???

Moke
12-16-2012, 11:25 PM
It's a team sport.

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 11:26 PM
No

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 11:26 PM
It was a bad game all around but the offense was horrible and have been struggling.

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Jets, Chiefs, and Giants have gotten shut out this year. LOL how pathetic.

GiantWarfare
12-16-2012, 11:28 PM

And the Bucs.

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 11:30 PM
let me ask it a diff way; if u somehow could magically swap eli with tom brady, would eli be doing what bradys doing in NE? My answer; a resounding yes.

eli is elite. he cant make throws when he isnt getting protection, and the defenses understand our offensive scheme and can no jump virtually every route, and can bait our wrs into making sight adjustments that lead the wr into double coverage by fooling the wr. they understand this read and react offense and we are seeing much more bracket coverage where a defender is forcing the sight adjustment into a double team (see 2nd int today, their S showed one thing, then got underneath nicks route after the snap).

eli makes throws i honestly dont believe any other qb can replicate. hes just so damn u p and down and to me, thats the offense we run. when it works, we're golden. when it doesnt, we dont have any adjustments...

Rudyy
12-16-2012, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=GIANTS740ilbmw;623746]He's a confusing player cause his feast or famine playing style!
QB's now seem to use their feet to keep plays alive, even Brady & Eli won't run!
(4th & 1 with plenty of room to run & he throws incomplete to Cruz)- Eli has never been mobile, that doesn't make him a bad quarterback.

I also get upset @ throwing 45 yds downfield on a 3rd & 4???- Play calling

Why so many INT's??? Ball security is IMPORTANT especially to an Elite qb!!- Hasn't been taking care of the football, forcing it. Bad Eli!

I luv having Eli as our qb but can he adapt his game to give us better options??? It's not Eli's game that has to adapt, it's our play calling that needs to adapt.[/QUOTED]

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 11:32 PM
And the Bucs.I missed that one. elite QBs don't get shut out unless you're the giants

Jtuck
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM
I luv having Eli as our qb but can he adapt his game to give us better options???

Eli IS NOT AN ELITE QB! END OF STORY! NO ELITE QB PUTS UP A GOOSE EGG!

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Joe Montana lost a playoff game 49-3 once...he was "elite" in most minds

Harooni
12-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Joe Montana lost a playoff game 49-3 once...he was "elite" in most minds did he have 5 game slumps yearly?

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM
i think if vick was in this offense he would be able to accomplish what eli has but they refuse to run the ball over there in philly and they put too much pressure on him

dbreiden83080
12-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Right because if Eli had thrown a couple of TD’s all would have been fine out there. He had 4 TD’s just last week. The D line got no pressure again, the secondary was terrible again and another offense torched us again... And who was even open out there? Did Cruz even play today? I missed him..

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 11:39 PM
did he have 5 game slumps yearly?

I was just answering the question " do elite qbs lose 34-0" the answer is yes..do I consider eli elite? I think the whole elite thing is lame...Manning has been a major part of us winning two super bowls, great late in games, won a lot of big road games, has been a pro bowler, thrown for 4000 yards and is 8-3 in the playoffs...He is a fan fav in my book, but you can continue to ***** about him, your choice.

Harooni
12-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I was just answering the question " do elite qbs lose 34-0" the answer is yes..do I consider eli elite? I think the whole elite thing is lame...Manning has been a major part of us winning two super bowls, great late in games, won a lot of big road games, has been a pro bowler, thrown for 4000 yards and is 8-3 in the playoffs...He is a fan fav in my book, but you can continue to ***** about him, your choice. i know im just being an ***

alentown pa
i think if vick was in this offense he would be able to accomplish what eli has but they refuse to run the ball over there in philly and they put too much pressure on him

you think would have won 2 super bowls with this team? Has Vick ever made it through a full season?

Harooni
i know im just being an *** eli is fine , but he does run hot and cold.

alentown pa
i know im just being an ***

you're alrite Harooni

Marvelousmik
I was just answering the question " do elite qbs lose 34-0" the answer is yes..do I consider eli elite? I think the whole elite thing is lame...Manning has been a major part of us winning two super bowls, great late in games, won a lot of big road games, has been a pro bowler, thrown for 4000 yards and is 8-3 in the playoffs...He is a fan fav in my book, but you can continue to ***** about him, your choice.

in order words hes not elite but hes good and has done a lot for us?

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 11:41 PM
the ravens look just as bad these days maybe we can steal one

dbreiden83080
12-16-2012, 11:42 PM

People act like he had this MVP year last year and this year he stinks. His year was better last year but the team needed to win the last game of the season just to get in the playoffs.. Then Eli worked his magic as we saw. He will still throw for 4000 yards and have 24/25 tds this year.. He is hardly the reason the Giants are 8-6.. The D has been god awful really all year.. I can think of only 2 games the D was great, the SF game and the GB game..

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 11:44 PM
the ravens look just as bad these days maybe we can steal oneGiants will go into that game thinking that game is gonna be easy, however the Ravens will finally wake up and destroy the G-boys

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 11:44 PM
in order words hes not elite but hes good and has done a lot for us?

The problem with this is that everyone has a different definition of what Elite is..its kind of lame...my point is, whether you are an Eli homer or someone like yourself who likes to pick out the flaws after every game, we have had a good run with him and he has been great at times for us and great in big games more often than not.

Parademon
12-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Brady is showing once again why he is the best QB in football. Down 31-3 to the # 1 D in the NFL, they are now tied up 31-31! We are down 17-0 to Atl in the 2nd qt & all we were talking about was doom & gloom.

How does NE come back from 31-3 but we can't come back from a huge deficit ourselves? Elite QB, maybe?

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Before today the Giants defense was ranked 8th in points allowed, the only stat that counts. The offense has been struggling for most of the season. They play for field goals and its caught up to them. Eli is throwing to many picks.

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Brady is showing once again why he is the best QB in football. Down 31-3 to the # 1 D in the NFL, they are now tied up 31-31! We are down 17-0 to Atl in the 2nd qt & all we were talking about was doom & gloom.

How does NE come back from 31-3 but we can't come back from a huge deficit ourselves? Elite QB, maybe?lmao

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 11:47 PM
who cares if he beat him in 2 SBs, Eli isn't half the man Brady is.

Giantz4Life
12-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Giants will go into that game thinking that game is gonna be easy, however the Ravens will finally wake up and destroy the G-boys

Your posts are so intelligent its staggering.

Can we go back to December 2011 when you were non-existent?

Jtuck
12-16-2012, 11:49 PM

How does NE come back from 31-3 but we can't come back from a huge deficit ourselves? Elite QB, maybe?

The Eli homers won't dare answer that question!

Marvelousmik
12-16-2012, 11:50 PM
The problem with this is that everyone has a different definition of what Elite is..its kind of lame...my point is, whether you are an Eli homer or someone like yourself who likes to pick out the flaws after every game, we have had a good run with him and he has been great at times for us and great in big games more often than not.

hes not consistent

Cloud57
12-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Your posts are so intelligent its staggering.

Can we go back to December 2011 when you were non-existent?better idea we can go back to August 2009

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Before today the Giants defense was ranked 8th in points allowed, the only stat that counts. The offense has been struggling for most of the season. They play for field goals and its caught up to them. Eli is throwing to many picks.

So what the Giants offense is sixth in points scored. As you stated the only stat that matters.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 11:51 PM
The Eli homers won't dare answer that question!

giants and eli are 2-0 against NE in the most important game of them all...and Abby isnt too shabby either

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 11:52 PM
So what the Giants offense is sixth in points scored. As you stated the only stat that matters.To many field goals though.

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 11:53 PM
i lmao bc eli has made how many comebacks now? how many times have we scored 14 or 17 points in 4 or 5 min again? jeez man i hate the knee jerk reactions more than the losses...well thats not true but theyre so annoying nonetheless

ozzie0075
To many field goals though.

And the Giants defense can't stop the run or get any pressure on the QB. Both the offense and the defense are very much to blame for the Giants current situation.

Giantz4Life
better idea we can go back to August 2009

Wow, I am really sorry. You really are mentally challenged.

I apologize for my prior statement.

You're a special little guy.

Morehead State
let me ask it a diff way; if u somehow could magically swap eli with tom brady, would eli be doing what bradys doing in NE? My answer; a resounding yes.

eli is elite. he cant make throws when he isnt getting protection, and the defenses understand our offensive scheme and can no jump virtually every route, and can bait our wrs into making sight adjustments that lead the wr into double coverage by fooling the wr. they understand this read and react offense and we are seeing much more bracket coverage where a defender is forcing the sight adjustment into a double team (see 2nd int today, their S showed one thing, then got underneath nicks route after the snap).

eli makes throws i honestly dont believe any other qb can replicate. hes just so damn u p and down and to me, thats the offense we run. when it works, we're golden. when it doesnt, we dont have any adjustments...

Right......Its the offense.

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 11:54 PM
hes not consistent

agreed..Ill take the good with the bad with him, more good than bad imo...you can pick at every win or loss and try to find ways to be unhappy? sound good?

Harooni

How does NE come back from 31-3 but we can't come back from a huge deficit ourselves? Elite QB, maybe? Eli can get you the quick score in a 2 min drill or in fg range. but down 3-4 scores we never do. Brady has this confidence and full command and passion. He was hoping mad at the refs.

alentown pa
Right......Its the offense.

oh ****...im out

Morehead State
agreed..Ill take the good with the bad with him, more good than bad imo...you can pick at every win or loss and try to find ways to be unhappy? sound good?
How much picking does it take in a 34-0 loss?

jgrangers11
12-16-2012, 11:55 PM
I think part of the problem is the offense we run. You watch the other elite offenses and you constantly see guys running wide open and teams like the Packer and Patriots use quick throws far better than we do. It seems to me that Eli is constantly throwing into tight windows relative to other QBs. Our receivers don't get enough separation. I'm not sure if that's the players or just poor play design, but it's definitely noticeable and I lean towards our gameplan being toopredictable. And you rarely see those downfield throws where all Eli needs to do is throw into an area and let his receiver get it. You look at the deeppass to Nicks early in the game today and people in the gameday thread were blaming Eli for not hitting a "wide open" Hakeem Nicks. It was a playwhere Nicks had a step on two defenders and Eli overthrew him by about half a foot. It was hardly an easy or high-percentage throw.

The other thing is that we don't have nearly as many weapons as other teams. While Nicks and Cruz are obviously very good (though Nicks has obviously not been 100% much this year), we don't have a legitimate third option. Hixon and Bennett are good receivers,but the great offenses have 3 or 4 legitimate threats plus they use their running backs heavily in the passing game, especially the Pats and Saints.

This is not to excuse his play. This has not been his best year and he has missed some throws and thrown some picks that were just inexcusable, but when people compare him to the elite QBs in the game, I think you need to watch these other guys and realize that Eli isn't necessarily playing with the same kind of supporting cast and help that these other guys get. We constantly blame the QB and some even equate the offense to him, but let's not forget that there are 10 other guys on the field who have to do their job too.

Giantz4Life
12-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Eli can get you the quick score in a 2 min drill or in fg range. but down 3-4 scores we never do. Brady has this confidence and full command and passion. He was hoping mad at the refs.

LOL your sig is ****ing hilarious

alentown pa
12-16-2012, 11:56 PM

not much..not much at all

Morehead State
I think part of the problem is the offense we run. You watch the other elite offenses and you constantly see guys running wide open and teams like the Packer and Patriots use quick throws far better than we do. It seems to me that Eli is constantly throwing into tight windows relative to other QBs. Our receivers don't get enough separation. I'm not sure if that's the players or just poor play design, but it's definitely noticeable and I lean towards our gameplan being toopredictable. And you rarely see those downfield throws where all Eli needs to do is throw into an area and let his receiver get it. You look at the deeppass to Nicks early in the game today and people in the gameday thread were blaming Eli for not hitting a "wide open" Hakeem Nicks. It was a playwhere Nicks had a step on two defenders and Eli overthrew him by about half a foot. It was hardly an easy or high-percentage throw.

The other thing is that we don't have nearly as many weapons as other teams. While Nicks and Cruz are obviously very good (though Nicks has obviously not been 100% much this year), we don't have a legitimate third option. Hixon and Bennett are good receivers,but the great offenses have 3 or 4 legitimate threats plus they use their running backs heavily in the passing game, especially the Pats and Saints.

This is not to excuse his play. This has not been his best year and he has missed some throws and thrown some picks that were just inexcusable, but when people compare him to the elite QBs in the game, I think you need to watch these other guys and realize that Eli isn't necessarily playing with the same kind of supporting cast and help that these other guys get. We constantly blame the QB and some even equate the offense to him, but let's not forget that there are 10 other guys on the field who have to do their job too.

Its not the offensive scheme...its not the defensive scheme. The players played like crap. The team never showed up.

alentown pa

a lot of picking for me actually..my remote control is in a 1000 pieces after this one

Buddy333
12-16-2012, 11:57 PM
And the Giants defense can't stop the run or get any pressure on the QB. Both the offense and the defense are very much to blame for the Giants current situation.True, but lately the offense has been struggling. Last week the offense was helped out by getting the ball what seemed to be every time in the Saints end of the field. Washington was another disaster by the offense. Today the defense was not good but the offense was worse.

giantsfan420
12-16-2012, 11:59 PM

This is not to excuse his play. This has not been his best year and he has missed some throws and thrown some picks that were just inexcusable, but when people compare him to the elite QBs in the game, I think you need to watch these other guys and realize that Eli isn't necessarily playing with the same kind of supporting cast and help that these other guys get. We constantly blame the QB and some even equate the offense to him, but let's not forget that there are 10 other guys on the field who have to do their job too.thank u. uve given me hope that there are some rational intelligent people out there. this is so damn accurate and its a shame people dont get it

BurnerNYG
giants and eli are 2-0 against NE in the most important game of them all...and Abby isnt too shabby eitherAny rich guy can find a beautiful gold digger. Did you see Vick's wife? Probably not your speed but damn that woman is curvaceous!!!

jax5338
why must everything around here fall on eli?

there are plenty of other guys out there who make plays and make mistakes. every win and every loss is not all about eli.

eli can sure be magnificent and inconsistent, and newsflash:

this TEAM is just inconsistent! it is the giants biggest bugaboo. JPP, cruz, nicks, bradshaw, and everyone else. name one guy this year who has played well every game?

maybe deossie and weatherford?

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 12:00 AM
why must everything around here fall on eli? there are plenty of other guys out there who make plays and make mistakes. every win and every loss is not all about eli. eli can sure be magnificent and inconsistent, and newsflash: this TEAM is just inconsistent! it is the giants biggest bugaboo. JPP, cruz, nicks, bradshaw, and everyone else. name one guy this year who has played well every game?maybe deossie and weatherford?Post of the year

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 12:00 AM
harooni-is that sig from todays post game? if so, that should be a reality check for eli that he played that bad

alentown pa
12-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Any rich guy can find a beautiful gold digger. Did you see Vick's wife? Probably not your speed but damn that woman is curvaceous!!!

lol..good point...and no i have not seen vick's wife...im sure she is smokin though, the guy is a qb in the nfl

Buddy333
why must everything around here fall on eli? there are plenty of other guys out there who make plays and make mistakes. every win and every loss is not all about eli. eli can sure be magnificent and inconsistent, and newsflash: this TEAM is just inconsistent! it is the giants biggest bugaboo. JPP, cruz, nicks, bradshaw, and everyone else. name one guy this year who has played well every game?maybe deossie and weatherford?Oh maybe because he is the team MVP so when he plays bad they look towards him? Maybe because he has been struggling?

jax5338

truth.

i HATE our short yardage offense. some of the worst playcalls/designs ever.

Marvelousmik
12-17-2012, 12:03 AM

hes the 5th best qb in the league. Im happy with that.

alentown pa
12-17-2012, 12:04 AM
hes the 5th best qb in the league. Im happy with that.

I agree with you on that actually...I have brady,peyton,rodgers, and ben ahead of him

Harooni
Any rich guy can find a beautiful gold digger. Did you see Vick's wife? Probably not your speed but damn that woman is curvaceous!!!
damn she is thick

http://www.atlnightspots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/6b34f8276e14.jpg

alentown pa
Oh maybe because he is the team MVP so when he plays bad they look towards him? Maybe because he has been struggling?

go to bed buddy ffs

Harooni
12-17-2012, 12:05 AM
go to bed buddy ffs lol

alentown pa
12-17-2012, 12:06 AM
damn she is thick

http://www.atlnightspots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/6b34f8276e14.jpg

I would

Morehead State
thank u. uve given me hope that there are some rational intelligent people out there. this is so damn accurate and its a shame people dont get it
Explain how we crush SF, GB and NO and then play games like we did ib Cincy and in Atlanta.
Our players didn't play well enough. If we play well, we can win with 5 plays on offense.
Not to be a broken record, buts its ALWAYS about execution.
And we have plenty of weapons on offense. The notion that we don't is more nonsense.

Marvelousmik

i just looked her up. I think we'd both agree vick is one happy man

CDN_G-FAN
12-17-2012, 12:08 AM
do we win games, or lose games, depending on how we label our QB?

just stupid.

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Explain how we crush SF, GB and NO and then play games like we did ib Cincy and in Atlanta.Our players didn't play well enough. If we play well, we can win with 5 plays on offense.Not to be a broken record, buts its ALWAYS about execution.And we have plenty of weapons on offense. The notion that we don't is more nonsense.They started the game with an interception and missed field goal. It looked like they gave up after that.

jgrangers11
12-17-2012, 12:09 AM
truth.

i HATE our short yardage offense. some of the worst playcalls/designs ever.

Same with our red zone offense. The problem is our offense is designed to pick up 10-15 yard chunks at a time in the passing game and our running game is the definition of inconsistent. So when we get condensed our offense sputters.

alentown pa
Explain how we crush SF, GB and NO and then play games like we did ib Cincy and in Atlanta.
Our players didn't play well enough. If we play well, we can win with 5 plays on offense.
And we have plenty of weapons on offense. The notion that we don't is more nonsense.

I tend to agree with what you are saying MH about it being about execution but he does make a good point about all the traffic around these recievers...although ****in nicks had about three steps on that deep ball...eli was way off today

nycisgreat
Eli is still top 5 IMO. Tough loses happen to thr best of them. He will bounce back. This bad performance was on the whole team. Atl seemed like they were in our hurdles on both.sides of the ball.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 12:10 AM
They started the game with an interception and missed field goal. It looked like they gave up after that.
No no. The scheme caused all those bad plays.
Haven't you been reading the MB's?

alentown pa
12-17-2012, 12:10 AM
i just looked her up. I think we'd both agree vick is one happy man

why what else did you guys find out about her? is she bisexual or something?

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM
I tend to agree with what you are saying MH about it being about execution but he does make a good point about all the traffic around these recievers...although ****in nicks had about three steps on that deep ball...eli was way off today
Everyone was way off today.

Stop picking on my QB.

alentown pa
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM
the ravens look just as bad lately...god let us steal one

alentown pa
12-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Everyone was way off today.

Stop picking on my QB.

I said nothing about phil simms

jax5338
Same with our red zone offense. The problem is our offense is designed to pick up 10-15 yard chunks at a time in the passing game and our running game is the definition of inconsistent. So when we get condensed our offense sputters.

we have a poor "quick" passing game. or slants and curls are rare and always seem to have to be squeezed into very tight windows. we run some good pass plays but they all need time to develop, and i think it's too much time compared to what eli has had this season.

byron
And we have plenty of weapons on offense. The notion that we don't is more nonsense. oh man I just don't buy this... everyone one of those games had different game plans...its like saying the worst game plan ever devised will always get a win if executed perfectly? come on man

alentown pa
off topic but I found my simms starting lineup figure from when I was young...what a badass find

Harooni
12-17-2012, 12:13 AM
i never wanted to be vick as much as i do right now, WOW

http://mediamrs.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MichaelVick-Kijafa.jpg

now would my hot dog fit in the bun is the question.

alentown pa
12-17-2012, 12:15 AM
I trust this staff and what they put together each week..when we win its the players, when we lose its them

Marvelousmik
12-17-2012, 12:16 AM
why what else did you guys find out about her? is she bisexual or something?

haha nah i just looked up images of her. i had no idea how she looked until just now.

alentown pa
12-17-2012, 12:16 AM
i never wanted to be vick as much as i do right now, WOW

http://mediamrs.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MichaelVick-Kijafa.jpg

now would my hot dog fit in the bun is the question.

she was def a stripper at one point...she does look like fun

Harooni
12-17-2012, 12:17 AM
haha nah i just looked up images of her. i had no idea how she looked until just now. me either , now i cant get on topic. lol

jgrangers11
12-17-2012, 12:19 AM
we have a poor "quick" passing game. or slants and curls are rare and always seem to have to be squeezed into very tight windows. we run some good pass plays but they all need time to develop, and i think it's too much time compared to what eli has had this season.

Exactly. I feel like every time we run a slant they know it's coming. And the offensive line has been a problem at times. Somehow, the Falcons only got 1 sack today but they were getting pressure in Eli's face. We need to start introducing more screens and quick throws into our offense to keep these guys off guard.

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 12:30 AM
I saw her(Vick's wife) on Instagram and I'm not the jealous type but I suddenly felt a little hate in my blood. Lol

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 12:33 AM
She got more pics that shows off that backside a little more. If I was rich I would probably find a stripper too lol. I love my family but I would probably need some time to sell my royal oats. Lol

Morehead State
oh man I just don't buy this... everyone one of those games had different game plans...its like saying the worst game plan ever devised will always get a win if executed perfectly? come on man
Its about matchups and being able to exploit them, or preventing the opponent from exploiting them. Its about making the plays when they were there to be made. Its about making tackles when you have the opportunity. We didn't do any of those things. Plays were there to be made and we didn't make them. We were up against an injured secondary and we didn't exploit it. they were up against an injured secondary and they did. We missed tackles and failed to break them. We had receivers open and failed to get the ball to them. we had 3rd's and 4th's and short and failed to convert.

Scheme my ***. we played like crap.

And if you ask me that chick is a fat slob.

Buddy333
Its about matchups and being able to exploit them, or preventing the opponent from exploiting them. Its about making the plays when they were there to be made. Its about making tackles when you have the opportunity. We didn't do any of those things. Plays were there to be made and we didn't make them. We were up against an injured secondary and we didn't exploit it. they were up against an injured secondary and they did. We missed tackles and failed to break them. We had receivers open and failed to get the ball to them. we had 3rd's and 4th's and short and failed to convert.Scheme my ***. we played like crap.Yup.

TheEnigma
12-17-2012, 12:36 AM
She got more pics that shows off that backside a little more. If I was rich I would probably find a stripper too lol. I love my family but I would probably need some time to sell my royal oats. Lol

The challenge should be to find an NFL player who DOESN'T have a smoking girlfriend/wife. These guys get it thrown in their faces even after losing 58-0 like the Cardinals lol.

FlyingTruck
12-17-2012, 12:38 AM
He's good, great, and clutch. That's it. Never agreed with the whole elite thing.

MikeyMike01
12-17-2012, 12:39 AM

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261210015

BillTheGreek
12-17-2012, 12:39 AM
I thought I was watching the Jets !

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 12:44 AM
I thought I was watching the Jets !

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/12078_472990786080948_1498048431_n.png

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 12:47 AM
The challenge should be to find an NFL player who DOESN'T have a smoking girlfriend/wife. These guys get it thrown in their faces even after losing 58-0 like the Cardinals lol.Gold diggers! They either find you in high school because they see where you're heading in life or they throw themselves at you once you actually did make it. Can't be mad at them for having high standards but it's painfully obvious when you see certain guys with dimes when you know good and well if they were an average Joe, they'll be dating a bottle of lotion and a napkin.

GiantWarfare
12-17-2012, 12:50 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/12078_472990786080948_1498048431_n.png

lol I shuddered...

GiantWarfare
12-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Gold diggers! They either find you in high school because they see where you're heading in life or they throw themselves at you once you actually did make it. Can't be mad at them for having high standards but it's painfully obvious when you see certain guys with dimes when you know good and well if they were an average Joe, they'll be dating a bottle of lotion and a napkin.

lmao truth

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 12:53 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/12078_472990786080948_1498048431_n.pngLol I saw this earlier.As soon as I start complimenting Eli, he does this to me. Instead of Sanchez in disguise, we needed Cam the way he destroyed Atlanta last week. Speaking of Cam... why the hell did he wait til late in the season when they're already done to start playing lights out? I'm sorry for bringing him up, I just like the guy.

Cindy in INdy
12-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Quit talking about our team and start acknowledging the plays are so predictable even a caveman could beat us. Gilbride got to go.

PennState1
12-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Eli IS NOT AN ELITE QB! END OF STORY! NO ELITE QB PUTS UP A GOOSE EGG!Who cares if he wins 1 or two more Super Bowls before he retires!

byron
12-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Its about matchups and being able to exploit them, or preventing the opponent from exploiting them. Its about making the plays when they were there to be made. Its about making tackles when you have the opportunity. We didn't do any of those things. Plays were there to be made and we didn't make them. We were up against an injured secondary and we didn't exploit it. they were up against an injured secondary and they did. We missed tackles and failed to break them. We had receivers open and failed to get the ball to them. we had 3rd's and 4th's and short and failed to convert.

Scheme my ***. we played like crap.

And if you ask me that chick is a fat slob. I agree they played like crap.... who decided not to take points when they were there to take? Look the other team schemes also and perhaps better their players may execute better on a given day....you need to be able to adjust on the fly....I have a lot of questions as to whether this staff adjusts at all and why are these guys so up and down... where the hell is the short passing game ... but whatever you said its always execution I don't buy that never will....So..... did the better team win today or just the team that executed better? are all teams and or coaches created equal ?....There is a bigger picture its not just the execution of a god damn game plan...... as for the chick I wouldn't call her a fat slob but she ain't what I'd call hot ...

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 01:34 AM

Eli..... 2 Time Super Bowl MVP.

He had a rough game.....but he's been working with the same stale ****ing recipes for years now. The Falcons had the Giants passing game down.

T

jgrangers11
12-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Eli..... 2 Time Super Bowl MVP.

He had a rough game.....but he's been working with the same stale ****ing recipes for years now. The Falcons had the Giants passing game down.

T

Exactly. You saw it on the first pick. Samuel knew exactly what they were doing.

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 01:41 AM
I agree they played like crap.... who decided not to take points when they were there to take? Look the other team schemes also and perhaps better their players may execute better on a given day....you need to be able to adjust on the fly....I have a lot of questions as to whether this staff adjusts at all and why are these guys so up and down... where the hell is the short passing game ... but whatever you said its always execution I don't buy that never will....So..... did the better team win today or just the team that executed better? are all teams and or coaches created equal ?....There is a bigger picture its not just the execution of a god damn game plan...... as for the chick I wouldn't call her a fat slob but she ain't what I'd call hot ...Post me a pic of what you think is hot. I don't think she's the best looking female in the world but she's definitely not bad looking ... at least to me. I don't like no anorexic woman but I respect people's opinion.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Exactly. You saw it on the first pick. Samuel knew exactly what they were doing.

It was pathetic.

Where was the play action pass? A three step drop? Chipping the DE with a back? Running back option in the flat? Screen pass? No huddle/hurry up.

Let's face it.....we've got an offensive coordinator who thinks his scheme is so ****ing awesome that it doesnt' require any adjustments.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 01:42 AM

Samuel just had to rely on his memory of time with the pats and eagles, and boom, he knows our offense. Because we NEVER CHANGE. NEVER ADAPT.

byron
12-17-2012, 01:53 AM
Post me a pic of what you think is hot. I don't think she's the best looking female in the world but she's definitely not bad looking ... at least to me. I don't like no anorexic woman but I respect people's opinion. I didn't say she was ugly....... google.......bar refaeli pics wallpapers or here http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/swimsuit/allmodel/

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 02:02 AM
I didn't say she was ugly....... google.......bar refaeli pics wallpapersI think she's pretty but she doesn't have no booty. I make love to a woman's body, occasionally her face lol but I like a nice rump. My wife packed on too many pounds and we're working on both of us but I would be lying if I said I didn't like a little cushion. Society tries to program us on how a woman should look but I don't buy it... I like my chicks thick with a flat tummy.

byron
12-17-2012, 02:14 AM
I think she's pretty but she doesn't have no booty. I make love to a woman's body, occasionally her face lol but I like a nice rump. My wife packed on too many pounds and we're working on both of us but I would be lying if I said I didn't like a little cushion. Society tries to program us on how a woman should look but I don't buy it... I like my chicks thick with a flat tummy. we all have different tastes always thought Bar was beautiful

TomCat_FIN
12-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Eli and KG have fallen in love with the deep ball too much. I cringe every time they have a 3rd & short situation and they set up in the shotgun. That's when you know Eli's going to throw it 40 yards down the field and hope a receiver catches it. Instead of running the ball for a new set of downs, they try to hit a home run in the most improbable situations.

But in the end, Eli's biggest flaw is his mobility - or lack thereof. Many other qbs would run themselves for a first down when chased out of the pocket on a 4th and 1 with the closes DB covering a receiver 5 yards down the field. Eli had one nice run against the Packers, but usually he just ends up throwig the ball, like the one to Cruz, who was in tight coverage and Eli had an emptry 5 yards in front of him.

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 02:22 AM
we all have different tastes always thought Bar was beautifulShe is beautiful, you got good taste.

Marvelousmik
12-17-2012, 02:44 AM
I think she's pretty but she doesn't have no booty. I make love to a woman's body, occasionally her face lol but I like a nice rump. My wife packed on too many pounds and we're working on both of us but I would be lying if I said I didn't like a little cushion. Society tries to program us on how a woman should look but I don't buy it... I like my chicks thick with a flat tummy.

I always thought that most of those models who were on that tyra banks show were anorexic and ugly. We need to scrap that whole philosophy that you need to be skinny in order to look good. I think women look a lot better when they're a little thick also. You got to have something to hold on to. I dont find skinny girls to be very attractive.

Flip Empty
12-17-2012, 03:42 AM
That thing is downright horrifying

DocGMan
12-17-2012, 05:34 AM
I wouldn't put this one on Eli. Those receivers played scared yesterday and the O-line was crap. One or both of those balls would have been caught if the receivers had enough 'dog' in them to fight for the darn thing. It was obvious to me how the Falcons wanted it and we didn't. And guys, what the heck happened to Dave Deihl? I don't think he blocked anyone yesterday. The whole team is to blame

Diamondring
12-17-2012, 05:38 AM
Qb can be Elite but without talent around him, he might as well be throwing the ball to no one.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 06:18 AM
did he have 5 game slumps yearly? ELI must hate being called ELITE or something? WHenever he gets the nay sayers to say otherwise, he eventually resorts back to a "who knows what ur gonna get each wk QB?"...

In todays NFL, its hard to put up as putrid as numbers as ELI did yesterday, and usually only QB's like Brady Quinn, Mark Sanchez, Chad Henne, and maybe rooks can put up as bad a numbers as he just put up..

I here experts use the word "inexplicable" alot, when talking about the giants offense.. Meaning, they just outta nowhere can look completely lost on any given wk, and ELI does nothing to change that.. He falls right into the laxadazical play of the team, and puts his stamp of crappiness right into the game.. Its amazing some of the passes he was missing..

One time he had Nicks wideopen on the sideline and he threw the thing almost 7ft over his head???LOL How do u miss that??lol The pick that Samuel made was just a horrendus throw, and how about the one that got challenged to Martellus bennett?? I mean, he seriously coulden't get that to bennett alittle higher then that? And he still continues to let the playclock go down to zero, rarley keeping the defense off balance, as they know exactly when the balls being snapped(as there usually isn't any time left on the clock, so obviously defense knows snaps coming)..

20tds and 15picks is very avg in todays NFL, which sees most decent qb's put up monster numbers, becuase of it being a pass happy league...

I'm to the point now, where i realize, he'll never turn the corner and be a consistent force, and at any time he can put up duds, that make u wonder if his equllibrium was off all game or something..lol Sure, he'll have a season here or there where he was completly flawless and a all pro type, but it'll never be consistent yr in and yr out that he does that..

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Qb can be Elite but without talent around him, he might as well be throwing the ball to no one. u kidding me? He missed Nicks open deep, the 2 picks were completely on him, the pass to bennett that got challenged should of been higher, and he threw one to nicks on the sideline with nicks wideopen that was like 8ft above his head and had nicks looking angry(in my opinion)... The throw to David Wilson was a bad one, even though Wilson got his hands on it, he still should of caught it in stirde...etc

yesterday, ELI didn't give his guys to many chances, thats for sure...

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 06:30 AM
No, elite QBs might lose, but they don't get buried like Eli did yesterday. Tom Brady was down 28 points last night and brought the Pats back-they still lost, but they came roaring back. The great ones like Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers got heart and leadership....yesterday it looked like Eli couldn't care less.

Antwuan
12-17-2012, 07:50 AM

Its a team game.

Im sure there have been other Elite QB's on teams that were shutout before.

SweetZombieJesus
12-17-2012, 08:22 AM
One time he had Nicks wideopen on the sideline and he threw the thing almost 7ft over his head???LOL How do u miss that??

It's called Nicks is hurting and can't run full speed; thus he isn't where he should be when the ball is delivered.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 08:26 AM
It's called Nicks is hurting and can't run full speed; thus he isn't where he should be when the ball is delivered.
Nonsense.

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=GIANTS740ilbmw;623746]He's a confusing player cause his feast or famine playing style!
(4th & 1 with plenty of room to run & he throws incomplete to Cruz)- Eli has never been mobile, that doesn't make him a bad quarterback.

I also get upset @ throwing 45 yds downfield on a 3rd & 4???- Play calling

Why so many INT's??? Ball security is IMPORTANT especially to an Elite qb!!- Hasn't been taking care of the football, forcing it. Bad Eli!

I luv having Eli as our qb but can he adapt his game to give us better options??? It's not Eli's game that has to adapt, it's our play calling that needs to adapt.[/QUOTED]
So if Hakeem Nicks runs a post route is open down the field for an 80 yard TD and the QB misses him is that a bad play call. I dont know how u can defend Eli by saying its the play calling. He was highly inaccurate yesterday. Its a bad play call if the QB bootlegs and can run for a 1st down easily but decides to force a throw instead thats the playcall.The belief that Gilbride is a bad coordinator when the Giants have consistently been 1 of the top teams in points the last 5 years is absurd. Replacing him would almost guarantee less success

GameTime
12-17-2012, 08:37 AM
a QB being elite or not is NOT about 1 game
However...Eli's inconsistency throughout his career, even in a great year he throws double digit picks, is the way he plays. That is not elite. He has great games and certainly more than capable of winning SBs but that initself doesn not make him elite in my book.
Also he doesnt have to be elite and and I dont expect him to be elite....

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 08:39 AM
a QB being elite or not is NOT about 1 game
However...Eli's inconsistency throughout his career, even in a great year he throws double digit picks, is the way he plays. That is not elite. He has great games and certainly more than capable of winning SBs but that initself doesn not make him elite in my book.
Also he doesnt have to be elite and and I dont expect him to be elite....

A good QB with legendary moments is about the best I've heard Eli described.

He had an off day ... and the rest of the team decided to join him. **** happens.

gumby74
12-17-2012, 08:41 AM

thank u. uve given me hope that there are some rational intelligent people out there. this is so damn accurate and its a shame people dont get it

Do some of you ever get tired of thinking that Eli is in some sort of special situation that is not allowing him to succeed? If you turn it around on someone defending Romo for similar "intangible" reasons, you'd think he's off his rocker. Jason Garrett is terrible. Wade Philips set him up to fail. Dez Bryant was hurt. Murray was out. You can't win when you have no secondary. Austin lost the ball in the lights. Or let's defend Ben shall we? Ben has no pass protection. The steelers are down to their 3rd string running back. This is Ben's first year with a new offensive co-ordinator. Ben has been hurt, yet the guy is tough as nails. There is miscommuncation between him and the WRs. Who else do you want to add to the list? I can make up excuses for them too.

thomsoad
12-17-2012, 08:43 AM
No.
No "elite" qb gets shutout when both teams are virtually even talent wise.
Yeah Joe Montana only got 3 points on our SB run...but those teams were not even.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 08:44 AM
A good QB with legendary moments is about the best I've heard Eli described.

He had an off day ... and the rest of the team decided to join him. **** happens.
He's had a lot of "off days" this season.

gumby74
12-17-2012, 08:44 AM
what happened to my post??

Down-lifer
12-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Eli is a very good QB who in my opinion is having an awful season. His redzone play has been pathetic this year.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=Rudyy;623767]So if Hakeem Nicks runs a post route is open down the field for an 80 yard TD and the QB misses him is that a bad play call. I dont know how u can defend Eli by saying its the play calling. He was highly inaccurate yesterday. Its a bad play call if the QB bootlegs and can run for a 1st down easily but decides to force a throw instead thats the playcall.The belief that Gilbride is a bad coordinator when the Giants have consistently been 1 of the top teams in points the last 5 years is absurd. Replacing him would almost guarantee less success Four draw plays in a row says otherwise, FOUR. Eli did NOT have a good game yesterday. It was probably his worst performance of the year, but once again we have no rhythm on offense and no solutions once our game plan goes down the toilet.

gumby74
12-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Four draw plays in a row says otherwise, FOUR. Eli did NOT have a good game yesterday. It was probably his worst performance of the year, but once again we have no rhythm on offense and no solutions once our game plan goes down the toilet.

We don't know if it was KG or if it was Eli.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 09:05 AM
He's had a lot of "off days" this season.

Shouldn't you be molesting your Simms blow up doll?

GameTime
12-17-2012, 09:06 AM
the "Phil" valve may be worn out by now......lol

in the words of the Larry the Cable Guy..."I don't care who are. Thats funny right there"......

blu_buddha
12-17-2012, 09:13 AM

I think if you consider Brees an Elite quarterback then yes. He put up 0 TDs and 5 ints two weeks ago against a team with the same record as the Falcons. Lucky his kicker didn't miss and had a runningback that scored.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Oh so we can't talk about our team without you coming in with your crap. Keep it on topic ****head.

Shockeystays08
12-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Eli stares down his receivers more often than not, Eli forces the ball to covered receivers more often than not, Eli is as mobile as Edith Bunker! He hangs his head when things go bad. He audibles into predictable plays time and time again. He has made some nice throws in his career but it's time to go a little more Top Shelf at the QB position. Eli he is, Elite he's not and has proven that most of this season. A team game it is and the whole team looked like crap yesterday. However our QB looked downright awful start to finish in a significant game. It's time to quit making excuses for him.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Oh so we can't talk about our team without you coming in with your crap. Keep it on topic ****head.

Hello pot.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 09:18 AM
the "Phil" valve may be worn out by now......lol

in the words of the Larry the Cable Guy..."I don't care who are. Thats funny right there"......

Careful ... MS is feeling sensitive about his love of "Phil" this morning.

Shockeystays08
Oh so we can't talk about our team without you coming in with your crap. Keep it on topic ****head. Does anyone know what grade Krunch is in?

Morehead State
Hello pot.
Maybe you can explain what this thread has to do with Phil Simms.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Shouldn't you be molesting your Simms blow up doll? (as krunch stares at his Eli big head pinned to his wall)

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Maybe you can explain what this thread has to do with Phil Simms.

Oh for crying out loud pull the tampon out of your ***, I was joking with you.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 09:22 AM
(as krunch stares at his Eli big head pinned to his wall)

It's actually a life sized bobble head thank you very much.

3D printing FTW!

Harooni
12-17-2012, 09:25 AM
It's actually a life sized bobble head thank you very much.

3D printing FTW! lol

well these debates should be over , eli isnt as bad as some of us critic, and he isnt HOF guy some of the other side squak about.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 09:27 AM
lol

well these debates should be over , eli isnt as bad as some of us critic, and he isnt HOF guy some of the other side squak about.

I see what you did there and refuse to bite ... at least until later this morning.

bigblue58
12-17-2012, 09:27 AM

He's an elite QB because he played lights out in 2 postseason runs, road playoff victories and won 2 SB mvp trophies along with the Lombardi trophy! You don't lose your elite membership card once you've reached that mountain top...... twice!
Lets not forget....he gave up the INT's, but the Defense gave up the TD's!
Aside from pick 6's......Interceptions are not points until the Defense gives up points.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 09:29 AM
I see what you did there and refuse to bite ... at least until later this morning.

Eli is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get.

http://img58.exs.cx/img58/2908/forresteli9ww.jpg

GameTime
He's an elite QB because he played lights out in 2 postseason runs, road playoff victories and won 2 SB mvp trophies along with the Lombardi trophy! You don't lose your elite membership card once you've reached that mountain top...... twice!
Lets not forget....he gave up the INT's, but the Defense gave up the TD's!
Aside from pick 6's......Interceptions are not points until the Defense gives up points.

nah...not all the time. he left an 11-2 team with very short fields. Thats not totally on the D at all.
In last nights Steelers game in OT ben throws a bad pass which is picked and run down to the one yard line. Is that STs fault for not blocking the kick to win the game???

Kruunch
That's just disturbing (yet accurate).

GameTime
12-17-2012, 09:30 AM

wholly **** that is funny.......

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 09:30 AM
nah...not all the time. he left an 11-2 team with very short fields. Thats not totally on the D at all.
In last nights Steelers game in OT ben throws a bad pass which is picked and run down to the one yard line. Is that STs fault for not blocking the kick to win the game???

That's fine ... can we can blame the other 24 points on the D?

gumby74
12-17-2012, 09:52 AM
That's fine ... can we can blame the other 24 points on the D? Didn't the Falcons turn 2 Eli INTs into touchdowns? That being said, if someone told me to that the Falcons would score only 21 points, I'd take it every time.

yo-ho
12-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Here is my beef with Eli

1) He is very inconsistent, but can get on a streak sometimes
2) He has a tendency to make panic throws, particularly by throwing darts at the ankles of backs that are ten feet away.
3) He rarely throws a tight spiral, which I do not understand for a pro quarterback. A wobble on a ball affects it's flight path especially long balls, or if it is windy.
4) He tends to throw balls with a lack of zip on them, which in some cases is good, but it often allows the defensive backs to make plays on the ball.
5) He runs like my 89 year old mother. (although I don't really want my QB to run, but hell, he makes Phil Simms look like Fran Tarkenton).

All this being said, I believe he has talent, and is very competitive. However the offense no longer seems to allow him to have an outlet receiver, a guy he can dump off to when in trouble like just about every other offense in the league seems to have. He seems limited to throwing to his receivers, and rarely throws short to the backs. I think this is where he runs into trouble. Tiki Barber used to be 75% of the offensive production, and a lot of that came from pass receptions. This aspect of our offense is completely missing and I think this has made Eli force balls down field too much.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 09:54 AM
I love Eli as our QB and have been a staunch defender of his on these boards.

Is Eli "elite"?? I don't really care. Even the best QB's have bad games. To me, though, the difference between Eli and the other active QB's that are indisputably elite (Brady, Rogers, Brees, Peyton) is that Eli has had bad seasons. I don't know if you could look at any of those other guys and say that they have had bad seasons . . .. .

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 09:56 AM
We don't know if it was KG or if it was Eli.That is KG's favorite play. He probably has little hearts drawn all around it in his playbook.

Zaggs
12-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Eli is an elite QB who is also a gambler. Or if you will, Brett Favre without the desire to run as much. No one had a problem saying Brett was great, yet he set the record for INTs. But Eli also doesn't get a ton of help. Hixon is the only receiver that will make a play for a ball. The rest just expect it to get to them without effort on their part. Look at Nicks yesterday. Long bomb that if it was out of his reach, only by a centimeter. Does he dive for it? Course not. On the first INT. He takes one step back on the comeback route. Doesn't come hard back to the ball. Samuel seeing that the Giants run this play ad-naseum just gets in front of Nicks no problem. Cruz isn't sure handed (though the 2nd INT had nothing to do with him, just a dumb throw). They also don't get very open alot of times. So alot of times Eli has to throw the ball where they have to make a play on it. Last year alot of those throws went the Giants way. This year, not so much.

gumby74
12-17-2012, 10:02 AM

Is Eli "elite"?? I don't really care. Even the best QB's have bad games. To me, though, the difference between Eli and the other active QB's that are indisputably elite (Brady, Rogers, Brees, Peyton) is that Eli has had bad seasons. I don't know if you could look at any of those other guys and say that they have had bad seasons . . .. .

Ben also hasn't had any bad seasons. It's actually interesting why Ben isn't commonly thought of to belong in that company. He has the #s. He has the consistency. He has the rings. He has the SB appearances. So why not? I'm not saying he is btw. Just wondering.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Ben also hasn't had any bad seasons. It's actually interesting why Ben isn't commonly thought of to belong in that company. He has the #s. He has the consistency. He has the rings. He has the SB appearances. So why not? I'm not saying he is btw. Just wondering.

I don't disagree with you . . . . was just trying to compare Eli to the guys that are indisputably "elite". For whatever reason, I think that at least some would dispute whether or not Ben is "elite"

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Eli is an elite QB who is also a gambler. Or if you will, Brett Favre without the desire to run as much. No one had a problem saying Brett was great, yet he set the record for INTs. But Eli also doesn't get a ton of help. Hixon is the only receiver that will make a play for a ball. The rest just expect it to get to them without effort on their part. Look at Nicks yesterday. Long bomb that if it was out of his reach, only by a centimeter. Does he dive for it? Course not. On the first INT. He takes one step back on the comeback route. Doesn't come hard back to the ball. Samuel seeing that the Giants run this play ad-naseum just gets in front of Nicks no problem. Cruz isn't sure handed (though the 2nd INT had nothing to do with him, just a dumb throw). They also don't get very open alot of times. So alot of times Eli has to throw the ball where they have to make a play on it. Last year alot of those throws went the Giants way. This year, not so much.

Eli is many things but he is no where close to being an elite QB......Elite QBs inject life in their teams and make those around him better......Eli is only as good as those around him....PERIOD!

gumby74
12-17-2012, 10:06 AM

Yeah I know. I'm just rambling. It's before the holidays syndrome at work.

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 10:12 AM

How does NE come back from 31-3 but we can't come back from a huge deficit ourselves? Elite QB, maybe?Also, a team that refuses to check out when they are down and a coach who knows his stuff. Say whatever you want to say about Belicheck but he does not accept mediocrity as easily as Coughlin does. Ultimately NE lost the game, but certainly not because of lack of effort. This Giants team is pathetic starting with our Coaching staff, the "elite" "future HOF" QB and move on tho the rest of the team with very few exceptions.

oldschoolGMEN
12-17-2012, 10:21 AM

I disagree. If you elite you do not consistently season after season have so many interceptions which are darn right careless and non-elite like .. Eli is a wild card and because of it he will never be considered Elite. I ask you this will Eli ever win an regular season MVP or Offensive Player of the year for a season ? But Rogers, Payton, Brees and Brady have and also won SuperBowls for teams!! Because they are elite.. I ask you this would you take ELi over these 4 quarterbacks if your career depended on it ????

Zaggs
12-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Eli is many things but he is no where close to being an elite QB......Elite QBs inject life in their teams and make those around him better......Eli is only as good as those around him....PERIOD!

No one would talk about: Nicks, Cruz, Ballard, Boss, etc without Eli....PERIOD! Think about this. How many QB's (outside of Brady) win multiple Super Bowls with completely different receiver sets? Ever wonder why Plaxico, Boss, and Smith can have great seasons in New York, leave, and don't do squat afterwards?

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 10:25 AM

ROTFLMAO

Zaggs
12-17-2012, 10:27 AM
I disagree. If you elite you do not consistently season after season have so many interceptions which are darn right careless and non-elite like .. Eli is a wild card and because of it he will never be considered Elite. I ask you this will Eli ever win an regular season MVP or Offensive Player of the year for a season ? But Rogers, Payton, Brees and Brady have and also won SuperBowls for teams!! Because they are elite.. I ask you this would you take ELi over these 4 quarterbacks if your career depended on it ????

Only one of those players have won Super Bowls, plural, and Brady is just a different class from everyone. The only other active multiple winner is Ben and I refuse to count his first one (what was his rating, 20 something?).

Jtuck
12-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Eli stares down his receivers more often than not, Eli forces the ball to covered receivers more often than not, Eli is as mobile as Edith Bunker! He hangs his head when things go bad. He audibles into predictable plays time and time again. He has made some nice throws in his career but it's time to go a little more Top Shelf at the QB position. Eli he is, Elite he's not and has proven that most of this season. A team game it is and the whole team looked like crap yesterday. However our QB looked downright awful start to finish in a significant game. It's time to quit making excuses for him.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

gumby74
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
No one would talk about: Nicks, Cruz, Ballard, Boss, etc without Eli....PERIOD! Think about this. How many QB's (outside of Brady) win multiple Super Bowls with completely different receiver sets? Ever wonder why Plaxico, Boss, and Smith can have great seasons in New York, leave, and don't do squat afterwards?

Heh. Plax shot himself was in jail. Boss had concussion problems. And Smith tore up his knee. So uhm. Yeah.

gumby74
12-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Only one of those players have won Super Bowls, plural, and Brady is just a different class from everyone. The only other active multiple winner is Ben and I refuse to count his first one (what was his rating, 20 something?).

How convenient you forget that he had a great regular season AND playoffs.

flashnando
12-17-2012, 11:14 AM

Well if Tynes would of made that 1 yard FG it wouldn't of been a shut out, and if the defense wasn't so terrible yesterday the Giants would have kicked FG's on one of those 4th down attempts.

jgrangers11
12-17-2012, 11:25 AM

I completely agree with this. There is very little room for error in most of his throws. Our receivers just don't get enough separation, whether that is their own fault or the fault of the play design I'm not sure. This offense just doesn't have very many easy throws.

TroyArcher
12-17-2012, 11:26 AM
No
Yes

Marvelousmik
12-17-2012, 11:27 AM

hes going to lie. he tried to make a case that eli is more consistent than rodgers and that eli is the better all around QB in an earlier thread that was removed.

Marvelousmik
12-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Do some of you ever get tired of thinking that Eli is in some sort of special situation that is not allowing him to succeed? If you turn it around on someone defending Romo for similar "intangible" reasons, you'd think he's off his rocker. Jason Garrett is terrible. Wade Philips set him up to fail. Dez Bryant was hurt. Murray was out. You can't win when you have no secondary. Austin lost the ball in the lights. Or let's defend Ben shall we? Ben has no pass protection. The steelers are down to their 3rd string running back. This is Ben's first year with a new offensive co-ordinator. Ben has been hurt, yet the guy is tough as nails. There is miscommuncation between him and the WRs. Who else do you want to add to the list? I can make up excuses for them too.

greg jennings has been injured, rodgers is the most sacked qb in the league with 45 while eli hs only been sacked 15 times this year, peyton just joined a new team brees doesnt have his head coach, i mean we could keep making excuses for everyone if we wanted to. People are quick to say we have no weapons now, but no one here would trade our receivers for another teams receivers. the only team that id consider trading our guys for would be the falcons. if the cowboys could stay healthy id think about them also but thats it.

GIANTS740ilbmw
12-17-2012, 04:59 PM
It bothers me that the cowgirls & the deadskins have a better chance @ winning the NFC East that we do???

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM
That doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that they lost 34-0. They still just have to win two games.

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 06:27 PM
That doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that they lost 34-0. They still just have to win two games.

"Just" have to win two games?!?!?!?! What makes anyone think they will win any giames? Eli is playing like Blaine Gabbart.

BurnerNYG
12-18-2012, 02:03 AM
I always thought that most of those models who were on that tyra banks show were anorexic and ugly. We need to scrap that whole philosophy that you need to be skinny in order to look good. I think women look a lot better when they're a little thick also. You got to have something to hold on to. I dont find skinny girls to be very attractive.I had to shy away from this conversation, we hijacked the thread.

giantsfan420
12-18-2012, 02:25 AM
well, seeing as eli has more sb wins (sb mvps while we're at it) than every qb u listed aside from brady, yes i would. i weight things differently than a lot of people i guess i just was going over this with marv. i dont weigh reg season success as much as postseason success. to me, the only thing u need to be a success at in the reg season is getting to the postseason. and with eli, we've failed to make the playoffs the same amount of SBs we've won, 2, and we've yet a losing record with him at the healm.
he's also given us MINIMUM 3000 yds and 20tds each year as a starter for now going on 8 years, something the other qbs u list cannot say.

people weight regular season statistical play heavily and i get that. i consider it somewhat relevant to defining a qb, but to me, 4th quarter play, postseason play, and play under pressure all weigh much much more heavily than reg. season statistical play or reg. season mvps even...thatd be amazing were he to win one but for no real other reason bc it guarantees us a playoff berth...but as i acknowledged, thats just me and i completely know right now, it sounds moronic to compare eli with rodgers. but thats bc we're in the reg. season. when we are in the playoffs, we'll see if my reasoning holds up.

eli plays in the postseason at the level rodgers does in the reg season, and to me, that is way more important than doing it the reg. season and not the postseason...just me tho

M00KIE
12-18-2012, 07:20 AM
ummmm...

George Blanda gives new meaning to the term “pick six”
Blanda was the great big-game gunslinger of his time (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/george-blanda-great-showman-the-original-gunslinger/7495/) and was largely responsible for the AFL's reputation for wide-open, wild gunslinging football.
He threw a then-record 36 TDs for the Houston Oilers in 1961, and followed that season a still-record 42 INTs in 1962. He coughed up six INTs in a game three times in his career, including twice in that 1962 season alone.
He threw six INT in the season opener against Buffalo, a game the Oilers actually won, 28-23. He completed 8 of 18 passes with 0 TD and 6 INT in a 31-7 loss to the Dallas Texans.
Blanda also threw 5 INT in a game a record seven times.
http://a.fn.fncdn.com/images/getty/comp/cVvs0N.jpg
Y.A. Tittle’s beatdown for the ages
The Hall of Famer Tittle set the NFL record with 36 TD passes in 1963, a mark which stood until broken by Dan Marino in 1984.
But then he suffered one of the most gruesome beatings ever in the 1963 NFL championship game against the Chicago Bears and one of the best defenses in history.
He was knocked from the game several times with injuries and injected with more painkillers than a circus elephant with a tusk-ache. Yet he kept coming back for more.
Tittle completed just 11 of 29 passes with 5 INT that day while the Bears shut down the NFL's best offense and won the NFL title, 14-10.
Bart Starr – Mr. MVP gets toasted
The only five-time champion quarterback was the NFL’s defending MVP in 1967. But he had one of the worst games of his career in Week 2 of 1967, the season famously chronicled in the book “Instant Replay (http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Replay-Green-Diary-Kramer/dp/0451146301).”
He threw 5 INT in just 19 attempts against the Bears in Week 2, yet Green Bay held on for a 13-10 win. Starr, the best big-game quarterback in history, recovered nicely from the worst game of his career. He capped the year with the first of his two Super Bowl MVP performances in Super Bowl I.
Joe Namath – high-risk, high-reward gunslinger
Namath is in the Hall of Fame and is known for his big arm, but not his accuracy. He completed just half the passes in his career and, like Blanda, threw six INT in a game three different times.
In 1967, Namath famously became the first 4,000-yard quarterback (4,007) in pro football history. But he also threw 6 INT in a 28-28 tie that season with the Houston Oilers.
http://a.fn.fncdn.com/images/content/getty/comp/ehyImF.jpg

Johnny Unitas – 5 pick games and championship shutout
Unitas is widely remembered as one of the great clutch quarterbacks in history, largely on the strength of his win over the Giants in the 1958 NFL championship game, the first overtime in NFL history.
But he and the Colts also suffered a choke for the ages in the 1964 championship game: Unitas completed just 12 of 20 passes for 95 yards with 0 TD and 2 INT in a 27-0 loss to the Browns.
The Colts had scored an NFL best 428 points that season. They remain the last team shutout in an NFL championship game.
Unitas also suffered four different five-pick games in his career, in 1960, 1961, 1966, and 1970 – a last a year in which he and the Colts won the Super Bowl.
Len Dawson nearly blows Kansas City’s Super Bowl shot
The Kansas City Chiefs won their only Super Bowl at the end of the 1969 season.
But the 11-3 Chiefs twice lost to the Raiders, including a 27-24 home loss in November, when Dawson was picked five times on just 25 pass attempts.
Terry Bradshaw’s 1979 turkey
Bradshaw was the defending Super Bowl MVP in 1979, and about to win his fourth Super Bowl in six years, while proving himself later in his career one of the game’s great big-game gunslingers. But he was picked five times in a 35-7 loss at San Diego just days before Thanksgiving.

Warren Moon twice eclipsed by Pittsburgh
The great Moon was one of the most prolific passers of his day – except against Pittsburgh. He had two 5-INT games in career, once at Pittsburgh in 1991 and again at home against the Steelers in 1992. The Oilers lost both games.

Dan Marino’s Thanksgiving day disaster
The great Marino suffered a 5-pick game against the Jets in 1988, but also threw three TD that day. His worst effort came with 0 TD and 5 INT in Dallas. That's O.K. Only everybody in America's watched the worst game of Marino's career. It was played on Thanksgiving day in 1998. The Cowboys won, 20-0.

Troy Aikman’s Meadowlands meltdown
http://a.fn.fncdn.com/images/content/getty/comp/553Qnm.jpg
The Dallas Cowboys three-time Super Bowl champion QB must have known the end was near when he threw 5 INT with a 35.0 rating in a 19-14 loss at the arch-rival N.Y. Giants in October 2000.
He retired at the end of the season.
Brett Favre’s just having 6 INTs of fun out there
The worst playoff performance by any quarterback, Hall of Fame or otherwise, in recent years certainly belongs to the great gunslinger Favre, the all-time leader in everything: including most picks in a playoff game since 1950.
He was intercepted six times in Green Bay’s 45-17 loss in the 2001 divisional playoffs.
The last QB to throw six picks in a postseason game was Norm Van Brocklin, also a Hall of Famer. He was picked off six times by the Browns in the 1955 NFL championship game, a 38-14 Cleveland win over the L.A. Rams.
Peyton Manning super-discharged by San Diego
Believe it or not, the last QB to throw six picks in a game is no less a legend than future Hall of Famer Manning, who some say is the best QB of his generation.
He threw six INT in a nationally televised primetime 23-21 loss at San Diego in 2007.
So two of the last three quarterbacks to throw six INT in a game are Favre and Manning (Chris Chandler 2004 the other), who will hold the top two spots in almost every career passing stat by the end of Manning's career.

-------------------
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/drew-brees-5-interceptions-the-worst-games-by-the-greatest-qbs/19766/

bigblue58
12-19-2012, 10:17 AM

I was referring to the ridiculous debate on his elite status which keeps raging!
What is elite anyway??? Peyton is considered elite without question, yet he has horrible post season numbers and only one SB while Eli's numbers in the post season blow Peyton away.
Peyton is the far better REGULAR SEASON QB, but Eli is the far better POSTSEASON and SUPER BOWL QB with 2 rings to Peyton's 1 so.....who is truly the elite QB? Eli? Peyton? Both?

DarkSaint
12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Eli is elite, I see him throwing for 40 touchdowns if we had a better system. The swirling winds at home also make it one of the most difficult places to throw in. But that's besides the point because Eli still makes throws maybe 2 other qb's make. The manningham throw, the one to Ballard in the the 1st pats games last year. Even a few throws in the tb game this year. We have to improve the system, take away the guess work from the receivers and let Eli loose in the No Huddle!!! With a rested and healthy d we will win it all again. The offense is going to come out in Baltimore in playoff mode with great intensity and urgency and will be unstoppable. I'm ready to take the sour taste out of mouth, lets go!!! Sunday can't come soon enough..

GameTime
12-19-2012, 10:46 AM
It bothers me that the cowgirls & the deadskins have a better chance @ winning the NFC East that we do???
you have the Giants to thank for that

GameTime
12-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Eli is elite, I see him throwing for 40 touchdowns if we had a better system. The swirling winds at home also make it one of the most difficult places to throw in. But that's besides the point because Eli still makes throws maybe 2 other qb's make. The manningham throw, the one to Ballard in the the 1st pats games last year. Even a few throws in the tb game this year. We have to improve the system, take away the guess work from the receivers and let Eli loose in the No Huddle!!! With a rested and healthy d we will win it all again. The offense is going to come out in Baltimore in playoff mode with great intensity and urgency and will be unstoppable. I'm ready to take the sour taste out of mouth, lets go!!! Sunday can't come soon enough..
thinking he is elite is fine by me...thats your opinion. But the next statements you 0 idea of what "could" be. Why bother even going there...
I lve Eli.....but he is what he is......throwing into double coverage is not system problem......he takes chances and gets burned many times. he also has great games and makes inncredible throws too....

TroyArcher
12-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Do you recall a pretty good QB named Joe Montana and what score he lost by to the Giants during the 87 SB run? It isn't always on the QB.

dillyyo1972
12-19-2012, 01:20 PM

I say no. Tom Brady could go down as possibly the greatest QB in history and I don't ever see Eli doing that. I think Eli is elite, but by far the most erratic and inconsistent elite QBs ever. When you look at that Atlanta game, almost all of that initial downfall in that game was due to Eli's inaccurate throwing. The rest of the team didn't step when they could, but Eli did so much damage by turning the ball over and blowing throws that were game changing type plays, that the result was of no surprise.

We might have won 2 super bowls in 5 years, but hands down I wouldn't even think twice about taking Brady as my QB over Eli. Just like I wouldn't in regards to taking Belichick instead of TC as HC. Send me back to the hey days of football (70's, 80's & 90's) and the Bill B. led Pats with Brady at the helm succeed at the highest levels. I'm not sure that happens with the Giants led by Eli and TC. Not saying they couldn't because they look amazingly good at times throughout the years, but there is something to be said for consistency; especially football then.

freeoscar
12-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I say no. Tom Brady could go down as possibly the greatest QB in history and I don't ever see Eli doing that. I think Eli is elite, but by far the most erratic and inconsistent elite QBs ever. When you look at that Atlanta game, almost all of that initial downfall in that game was due to Eli's inaccurate throwing. The rest of the team didn't step when they could, but Eli did so much damage by turning the ball over and blowing throws that were game changing type plays, that the result was of no surprise.

We might have won 2 super bowls in 5 years, but hands down I wouldn't even think twice about taking Brady as my QB over Eli. Just like I wouldn't in regards to taking Belichick instead of TC as HC. Send me back to the hey days of football (70's, 80's & 90's) and the Bill B. led Pats with Brady at the helm succeed at the highest levels. I'm not sure that happens with the Giants led by Eli and TC. Not saying they couldn't because they look amazingly good at times throughout the years, but there is something to be said for consistency; especially football then.

yes, and I'd rather have had Montana and Walsh than Simms and Parcells. You are comparing Eli and TC to two guys who will go down as among the very very best at their position in the history of the game. When you think that each Giant pair won 2 SBs through those two all time great pairings, maybe you can appreciate the scope of the accomplishment.

dbreiden83080
12-19-2012, 03:21 PM
They have 8-3 playoff records and 2 rings..

ImElectric2
12-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Giants vs Rodgers and Brees this year. Peyton vs Atl. I think Brady got blown out one game this year but I could be lying. Either way, not a well thought out premise especially considering you saw what we did to 2 "elite" qbs this year. Don't gimme the shut out bs either bc Eli had them in scoring position. Tynes and Gilbride are the reasons for the goose egg aspect of this particular loss. Thread is over.

Moke
12-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Giants vs Rodgers and Brees this year. Peyton vs Atl. I think Brady got blown out one game this year but I could be lying. Either way, not a well thought out premise especially considering you saw what we did to 2 "elite" qbs this year. Don't gimme the shut out bs either bc Eli had them in scoring position. Tynes and Gilbride are the reasons for the goose egg aspect of this particular loss. Thread is over.

In retrospect, the whole team pretty much played awful though. Eli had 2 INTs that could have been avoided most likely. **** happens. But his yardage wasn't that good either.

ImElectric2
12-19-2012, 04:20 PM
No doubt. But shot gun draw 3x in a row plus wide left don't help. Neither does Cruz giving up on a route because he fears the hit.

BlueJayC
12-19-2012, 04:30 PM
ummmm...

George Blanda gives new meaning to the term “pick six”
Blanda was the great big-game gunslinger of his time (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/george-blanda-great-showman-the-original-gunslinger/7495/) and was largely responsible for the AFL's reputation for wide-open, wild gunslinging football.
He threw a then-record 36 TDs for the Houston Oilers in 1961, and followed that season a still-record 42 INTs in 1962. He coughed up six INTs in a game three times in his career, including twice in that 1962 season alone.
He threw six INT in the season opener against Buffalo, a game the Oilers actually won, 28-23. He completed 8 of 18 passes with 0 TD and 6 INT in a 31-7 loss to the Dallas Texans.
Blanda also threw 5 INT in a game a record seven times.
http://a.fn.fncdn.com/images/getty/comp/cVvs0N.jpg
Y.A. Tittle’s beatdown for the ages
The Hall of Famer Tittle set the NFL record with 36 TD passes in 1963, a mark which stood until broken by Dan Marino in 1984.
But then he suffered one of the most gruesome beatings ever in the 1963 NFL championship game against the Chicago Bears and one of the best defenses in history.
He was knocked from the game several times with injuries and injected with more painkillers than a circus elephant with a tusk-ache. Yet he kept coming back for more.
Tittle completed just 11 of 29 passes with 5 INT that day while the Bears shut down the NFL's best offense and won the NFL title, 14-10.
Bart Starr – Mr. MVP gets toasted
The only five-time champion quarterback was the NFL’s defending MVP in 1967. But he had one of the worst games of his career in Week 2 of 1967, the season famously chronicled in the book “Instant Replay (http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Replay-Green-Diary-Kramer/dp/0451146301).”
He threw 5 INT in just 19 attempts against the Bears in Week 2, yet Green Bay held on for a 13-10 win. Starr, the best big-game quarterback in history, recovered nicely from the worst game of his career. He capped the year with the first of his two Super Bowl MVP performances in Super Bowl I.
Joe Namath – high-risk, high-reward gunslinger
Namath is in the Hall of Fame and is known for his big arm, but not his accuracy. He completed just half the passes in his career and, like Blanda, threw six INT in a game three different times.
In 1967, Namath famously became the first 4,000-yard quarterback (4,007) in pro football history. But he also threw 6 INT in a 28-28 tie that season with the Houston Oilers.
http://a.fn.fncdn.com/images/content/getty/comp/ehyImF.jpg

Johnny Unitas – 5 pick games and championship shutout
Unitas is widely remembered as one of the great clutch quarterbacks in history, largely on the strength of his win over the Giants in the 1958 NFL championship game, the first overtime in NFL history.
But he and the Colts also suffered a choke for the ages in the 1964 championship game: Unitas completed just 12 of 20 passes for 95 yards with 0 TD and 2 INT in a 27-0 loss to the Browns.
The Colts had scored an NFL best 428 points that season. They remain the last team shutout in an NFL championship game.
Unitas also suffered four different five-pick games in his career, in 1960, 1961, 1966, and 1970 – a last a year in which he and the Colts won the Super Bowl.
Len Dawson nearly blows Kansas City’s Super Bowl shot
The Kansas City Chiefs won their only Super Bowl at the end of the 1969 season.
But the 11-3 Chiefs twice lost to the Raiders, including a 27-24 home loss in November, when Dawson was picked five times on just 25 pass attempts.
Terry Bradshaw’s 1979 turkey
Bradshaw was the defending Super Bowl MVP in 1979, and about to win his fourth Super Bowl in six years, while proving himself later in his career one of the game’s great big-game gunslingers. But he was picked five times in a 35-7 loss at San Diego just days before Thanksgiving.

Warren Moon twice eclipsed by Pittsburgh
The great Moon was one of the most prolific passers of his day – except against Pittsburgh. He had two 5-INT games in career, once at Pittsburgh in 1991 and again at home against the Steelers in 1992. The Oilers lost both games.

Dan Marino’s Thanksgiving day disaster
The great Marino suffered a 5-pick game against the Jets in 1988, but also threw three TD that day. His worst effort came with 0 TD and 5 INT in Dallas. That's O.K. Only everybody in America's watched the worst game of Marino's career. It was played on Thanksgiving day in 1998. The Cowboys won, 20-0.

Troy Aikman’s Meadowlands meltdown
http://a.fn.fncdn.com/images/content/getty/comp/553Qnm.jpg
The Dallas Cowboys three-time Super Bowl champion QB must have known the end was near when he threw 5 INT with a 35.0 rating in a 19-14 loss at the arch-rival N.Y. Giants in October 2000.
He retired at the end of the season.
Brett Favre’s just having 6 INTs of fun out there
The worst playoff performance by any quarterback, Hall of Fame or otherwise, in recent years certainly belongs to the great gunslinger Favre, the all-time leader in everything: including most picks in a playoff game since 1950.
He was intercepted six times in Green Bay’s 45-17 loss in the 2001 divisional playoffs.
The last QB to throw six picks in a postseason game was Norm Van Brocklin, also a Hall of Famer. He was picked off six times by the Browns in the 1955 NFL championship game, a 38-14 Cleveland win over the L.A. Rams.
Peyton Manning super-discharged by San Diego
Believe it or not, the last QB to throw six picks in a game is no less a legend than future Hall of Famer Manning, who some say is the best QB of his generation.
He threw six INT in a nationally televised primetime 23-21 loss at San Diego in 2007.
So two of the last three quarterbacks to throw six INT in a game are Favre and Manning (Chris Chandler 2004 the other), who will hold the top two spots in almost every career passing stat by the end of Manning's career.

-------------------
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/drew-brees-5-interceptions-the-worst-games-by-the-greatest-qbs/19766/

Dead on.......**it happens.......should put this thread bed........

dillyyo1972
12-19-2012, 04:37 PM
yes, and I'd rather have had Montana and Walsh than Simms and Parcells. You are comparing Eli and TC to two guys who will go down as among the very very best at their position in the history of the game. When you think that each Giant pair won 2 SBs through those two all time great pairings, maybe you can appreciate the scope of the accomplishment.

I compared them because he specifically cited Brady, NE and Eli interchangeably. And yes, I do appreciate all things Giant otherwise I wouldn't be going on 30+ years of fandom for this team.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-19-2012, 04:41 PM

team sport as said by other posters,,,but,,,,an elite QB with no OL,,,no running game,,,hurt wide receivers, questionable play calling, and a defense that couldn't stop a nose does lose.

byron
12-19-2012, 04:48 PM
The biggest issue to me is why are these professional football players are so up down from one week to the next...its been going on with this team year in and year out....Every year is a heart attack with this bunch...we fans start feeling good about whats happening and they throw to or three stinkers at us.....That being said I'm grateful for the SB's and all they have given us by way of two damn exciting playoff runs...But I find this up and down play very frustrating which makes it hard to stay positive and confident they are gonna show up this week.....That leaves me with hope and really that's all we got anyway...we hope they're gonna win and make the playoffs.......plain and simple its time to get behind them Go Giants !!!

joemorrisforprez
12-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Are you saying a QB can never lose badly? Because, yeah, Eli sucked last week, and the Giants lost.

But I'll weigh that against everything else he's accomplished in his career.

Die-Hard
12-19-2012, 04:54 PM

There is no such thing as an "erratic and inconsistent" elite QB.

joemorrisforprez
12-19-2012, 05:00 PM
team sport as said by other posters,,,but,,,,an elite QB with no OL,,,no running game,,,hurt wide receivers, questionable play calling, and a defense that couldn't stop a nose does lose.

Good point.

However, Eli was the one who got things snowballing in the wrong direction. He stunk up the joint, pretty much immediately.

GameTime
12-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Eli has been inconsistent overall for his whole career so far. The kid has done some great things and is a very good QB who AT TIMES plays elite.
But overall......IMO he is not elite and doesnt have to be either. I still have faith that he can win every game he goes into....

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Dead on.......**it happens.......should put this thread bed........
May I remind you folks that in that famous "6 pick" game, Peyton brought his team from way back and set them up for a chip shot FG at the end to win the game and Vinattieri missed it.

joemorrisforprez
12-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Eli has been inconsistent overall for his whole career so far. The kid has done some great things and is a very good QB who AT TIMES plays elite.
But overall......IMO he is not elite and doesnt have to be either. I still have faith that he can win every game he goes into....

The "elite QB" discussion has been pounded into the ground, especially with respect to Eli Manning.

I think Eli is "elite" in that I believe he can beat any team in the NFL when he's at the top of his game. You see that from great QBs, pitchers, goalies, etc....a guy who can tear up an opponent We might see that in Baltimore.....Eli usually follows up a clunker with a good performance.

But he has slumps, like any other professional athlete.

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 05:28 PM
I think Eli is "elite" in that I believe he can beat any team in the NFL when he's at the top of his game. You see that from great QBs, pitchers, goalies, etc....a guy who can tear up an opponent.

We might see that sort of thing next week in Baltimore.....Eli usually follows up a clunker with a good performance.

But he has slumps, like any other professional athlete.

Please stop!!!!
He can't beat anyone. If you say that he can help his team beat anyone...OK. But please stop with this nonsense that Eli, or ANY QB can beat any team by themselves.

And quite honestly, Eli often follows up clunkers with another clunker. Please see his stretch of 4 poorly played games this season.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Good point.

However, Eli was the one who got things snowballing in the wrong direction. He stunk up the joint, pretty much immediately.

eli started out great numbers wise,,,,although he has looked bad it is hard for him to look good with all that is against him,,let eli call the game....a la peyton and I think we will see a big difference,,,,also,,,can a brother get a hurry up/no huddle offense? it works for us.

byron
12-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Are you saying a QB can never lose badly? Because, yeah, Eli sucked last week, and the Giants lost.

But I'll weigh that against everything else he's accomplished in his career. its a god damn team game wtf

joemorrisforprez
12-19-2012, 05:42 PM
its a god damn team game wtf

My comments were directed toward the original thread topic.....if I were directing them to you, I would have quoted you first.

joemorrisforprez
12-19-2012, 05:44 PM
eli started out great numbers wise,,,,although he has looked bad it is hard for him to look good with all that is against him,,let eli call the game....a la peyton and I think we will see a big difference,,,,also,,,can a brother get a hurry up/no huddle offense? it works for us.

I like Eli alot.

And when I look at Eli Manning and Kevin Gilbride.....I think of Simon & Garfunkel.

Gilbride's *** would have been bounced to the curb a long time ago if he had Mark Sanchez to work with.

Eli Manning isn't a 2 Time Super Bowl MVP because of Gilbride, that's for sure.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-19-2012, 05:46 PM
I like Eli alot.

And when I look at Eli Manning and Kevin Gilbride.....I think of Simon & Garfunkel.

Gilbride's *** would have been bounced to the curb a long time ago if he had Mark Sanchez to work with.

if norv turner gets canned,,,and he will,,,I say we put the full court press on this guy,,,he suuuuuucks as a head coach but there is no denying he is one heck of an offensive coordinator.

joemorrisforprez
12-19-2012, 05:50 PM
if norv turner gets canned,,,and he will,,,I say we put the full court press on this guy,,,he suuuuuucks as a head coach but their is no denying he is one heck of an offensive coordinator.

+100

Norv Turner would be a HUGE upgrade over Gilbride. I think Eli Manning and Troy Aikman are similar QB's, and Hakeem Nicks and Michael Irvin are likewise similar.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-19-2012, 05:52 PM
+100

Norv Turner would be a HUGE upgrade over Gilbride. I think Eli Manning and Troy Aikman are similar QB's, and Hakeem Nicks and Michael Irvin are likewise similar.

correct me if i am wrong joe but I beleive turner really likes to throw the ball down field which is a strength of eli's....also, he would compensate for a bad running game(fingers crossed it is good next year) by dinking and dunking a la tom brady and the pats,,,

byron
12-19-2012, 05:56 PM
My comments were directed toward the original thread topic.....if I were directing them to you, I would have quoted you first. OK.... I took your post wrong.....sorry

brad
12-19-2012, 06:26 PM

This is simply not true, Eli has been pressured around 25% of the time this year as apposed to over 35% last year, and is the least sacked QB in the league this year... Roanoke posted an article this morning with the specific stats.

Jtuck
12-19-2012, 06:28 PM
There is no such thing as an "erratic and inconsistent" elite QB.

Thank You!

brad
12-19-2012, 06:30 PM
This is simply not true, Eli has been pressured around 25% of the time this year as apposed to over 35% last year, and is the least sacked QB in the league this year... Roanoke posted an article this morning with the specific stats.

This is the article
http://www.giants101.com/2012/12/18/the-new-york-giants-will-go-as-far-as-eli-manning-takes-them-in-2012/

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 06:38 PM
OK.... I took your post wrong.....sorry
You couldn't have been more right Big B. It IS a team game.

Sarcasman
12-19-2012, 06:56 PM

Yes. It's a team sport.

byron
12-19-2012, 06:57 PM
You couldn't have been more right Big B. It IS a team game. yeah I know.... this thread title is misleading and kinda puts it all on Eli.... teams lose 34 to 0... not sure how it should have been presented .... maybe ... How does an Elite QB not get any points in a team loss .....His statement was from another prospective I don't get.... he may be a cultist ... not that there is anything wrong with that... I just didn't feel like opening up another whole can worms about the thread title ...one would think people would realize it obviously flawed....maybe they are blind ?!

;)

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 07:03 PM
yeah I know.... this thread title is misleading and kinda puts it all on Eli.... teams lose 34 to 0... not sure how it should have been presented .... maybe ... How does an Elite QB not get any points in a team loss .....His statement was from another prospective I don't get.... he may be a cultist ... not that there is anything wrong with that... I just didn't feel like opening up another whole can worms about the thread title ...one would think people would realize it obviously flawed....maybe they are blind ?!

;)

You're right....They're blind.

But my mission in life is to help the blind to see!

BuffyBlueII
12-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Hate to state it but the main reason we lost was because of Eli Manning. Granted it is a team game but he played awful and made costly mistakes. If we are going to give him praise when we win and he is a big factor then we must be fair and criticise him when he is a big factor in our losses.

byron
12-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Yes. It's a team sport. it amazing how many people don't seem to realize this.... plain and simple got their *** kicked .....elite has nothing to do with anything let alone 34-0

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Hate to state it but the main reason we lost was because of Eli Manning. Granted it is a team game but he played awful and made costly mistakes. If we are going to give him praise when we win and he is a big factor then we must be fair and criticise him when he is a big factor in our losses.
Hater!!!

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-19-2012, 07:07 PM

so lack of good play calling, no running game, horrible OL, hurt wide receivers, and a defense that can't stop a nose bleed mean nothing to you?

byron
12-19-2012, 07:08 PM
You're right....They're blind.

But my mission in life is to help the blind to see! HA .... like seeing eye dog.... lead away brother !

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 07:09 PM
so lack of good play calling, no running game, horrible OL, hurt wide receivers, and a defense that can't stop a nose bleed mean nothing to you?
He dropped his line and you bit.

byron
12-19-2012, 07:11 PM
thats fine but don't single him out in the process .... imo that's exactly what this thread was meant to do ....so yeah Eli had a bad game alone with every body else

BillTheGreek
12-22-2012, 07:50 AM

I Like this ! ^

GIANTS740ilbmw
12-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Against Atlanta we lost 34-0 ... NOW WE LOSE 33-14????
We call these Performances ELITE????
I know Eli don't play D but HIS O has been PUTRID!!!!

jgrangers11
12-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Against Atlanta we lost 34-0 ... NOW WE LOSE 33-14????
We call these Performances ELITE????
I know Eli don't play D but HIS O has been PUTRID!!!!

We need to stop falling into the trap of equating the offensive performance with the QB.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 03:23 PM
We need to stop falling into the trap of equating the offensive performance with the QB.
Of course...everyone knows thew QB has nothing to do with the offense...

jgrangers11
12-24-2012, 03:27 PM

They obviously have something to do with the offense, but they are not the ENTIRE offense. Believe it or not, there are 10 other guys on the field who have to do their job too. There's not much any QB can do when their offensive line is a revolving door for pass rushers.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I think it is clear to anyone that is objective after watching Eli for this entire season that he is NOT an elite QB. He can play very weel in stretches and with the right people around him, but he is anything but elite.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 03:30 PM
They obviously have something to do with the offense, but they are not the ENTIRE offense. Believe it or not, there are 10 other guys on the field who have to do their job too. There's not much any QB can do when their offensive line is a revolving door for pass rushers.
Am I going to have to add you to the "its never Eli's fault" list?
Its getting pretty long but we can make room if you like.

BTW...He played lousy along with the rest of the team. No one is saying the loss was all on Eli, but he wasn't any better than anyone else. His poor play this season is definitely part of the problem. He's the QB.
And hasn't he been sacked fewer than any other in the league? Not sure but if not, its close.

appodictic
12-24-2012, 03:32 PM
I think it is clear to anyone that is objective after watching Eli for this entire season that he is NOT an elite QB. He can play very weel in stretches and with the right people around him, but he is anything but elite.

Great so then what your saying is elite qb's are elite even with the wrong people around them? Are you saying that if tom brady suited up yesterday he would have thrown for 400 yards and a win? With no oline? and no defence?

krankeybluechick
12-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Do Elite Quaterbacks win 2 Superbowls in 4 years and are named MVP of both?

gumby74
12-24-2012, 03:35 PM

Now there are other players for NY Giants? How convenient. But when Eli does something well, he does it all on his own right?

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Great so then what your saying is elite qb's are elite even with the wrong people around them? Are you saying that if tom brady suited up yesterday he would have thrown for 400 yards and a win? With no oline? and no defence?
You guys crack me up!
Did you watch the game? He played like ****.
Stop with this nonsense. The Giants...including the QB, have sucked the last 2 weeks. Deal with it and you will enjoy the Holiday more.

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Of course...everyone knows thew QB has nothing to do with the offense... Classic stuff Uncle Morehead!! Classic indeed!!!

U didn't know that when the offense struggles its every one elses faut but ELI's???lol(sarcasm) Its like the craziest thing, because the guys made some dreadful throws and decisons, and yet its the rb's, and the wr's, and giblride and every other person's fault but ELI's..lol

Bottom line, ELI's been flat out dreadful since week 6or7.. I mean, hes made vomiting bad throws and decisons and to me, is one of the top 2or3 reasons this team stinks right now.. QB is the positon that makes everything run well, trust me if ELI was playing well, we'd be in a better positon then we are now..

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Now there are other players for NY Giants? How convenient. But when Eli does something well, he does it all on his own right?
Don't you know?....when we win, Eli carried us. When we lose, its everyone else's fault.

Learn it....Live it.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Classic stuff Uncle Morehead!! Classic indeed!!!

U didn't know that when the offense struggles its every one elses faut but ELI's???lol(sarcasm) Its like the craziest thing, because the guys made some dreadful throws and decisons, and yet its the rb's, and the wr's, and giblride and every other person's fault but ELI's..lol

Bottom line, ELI's been flat out dreadful since week 6or7.. I mean, hes made vomiting bad throws and decisons and to me, is one of the top 2or3 reasons this team stinks right now.. QB is the positon that makes everything run well, trust me if ELI was playing well, we'd be in a better positon then we are now..

Tell them....Don't tell me. I already know this.

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Do Elite Quaterbacks win 2 Superbowls in 4 years and are named MVP of both? No.. I mean, if those games where in September or something, we'd say nothing.. Its just so happens he was really playing some of his best ball in 2postseasons we happened to just squeak into... If we didn't make those 2postseasons, ELI's a solid but nothing overly special QB.. I'm gonna side with the 7yrs over the 2great postseasons..lol

I mean, its the same ELI that stunk it up in other postseasons as well, ya know? THe bottom line is hes never gonna be a consistently great QB.. Hes always gonna be a UP and DOWN guy, and that is that... SOlid yes, but ELITE no.. I thought that he was finally there, and now consistent, but hes not.. Hes looked like a raw rookie out there throwing balls the last 8games.. even when no pressure, hes made some stupid decisons and horrible throws...

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Don't you know?....when we win, Eli carried us. When we lose, its everyone else's fault.

Learn it....Live it.

To be more specific, when we lose its the its the OC's or defenses' fault....that is the Elian excuse.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 03:43 PM
No.. I mean, if those games where in September or something, we'd say nothing.. Its just so happens he was really playing some of his best ball in 2postseasons we happened to just squeak into... If we didn't make those 2postseasons, ELI's a solid but nothing overly special QB.. I'm gonna side with the 7yrs over the 2great postseasons..lol

I mean, its the same ELI that stunk it up in other postseasons as well, ya know? THe bottom line is hes never gonna be a consistently great QB.. Hes always gonna be a UP and DOWN guy, and that is that... SOlid yes, but ELITE no.. I thought that he was finally there, and now consistent, but hes not.. Hes looked like a raw rookie out there throwing balls the last 8games.. even when no pressure, hes made some stupid decisons and horrible throws...

I'm in the same boat. I thought he had turned the corner last season. But we are seeing the old, frustrating Eli, that we knew before 2011.
This is just who he is. Flashes of greatness but essentially an inconsistent player who is capable of horrific play as well.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm in the same boat. I thought he had turned the corner last season. But we are seeing the old, frustrating Eli, that we knew before 2011.
This is just who he is. Flashes of greatness but essentially an inconsistent player who is capable of horrific play as well.

Exactly right, Eli has never changed and ALWAYS been inconsistent and maddening to watch......he does play well in streaks, and during 2007 and 2011, the streaks aligned perfectly with the playoffs......that kind of luck rarely happens once, and even less twice......but to expect it three times is asking far too much.

krankeybluechick
12-24-2012, 03:48 PM
No.. I mean, if those games where in September or something, we'd say nothing.. Its just so happens he was really playing some of his best ball in 2postseasons we happened to just squeak into... If we didn't make those 2postseasons, ELI's a solid but nothing overly special QB.. I'm gonna side with the 7yrs over the 2great postseasons..lol

That is so unfair. Yes he has been inconsistant and all of you choose to only remember the bad games. How many times has he brought this team back???? Especially in the Super Bowls against someone who everyone calls the Best QB in the league? That is what's so aggravating. I guarantee that when he retires all the ungrateful fans will wish they had him back. I've been a Giants fan for over 40 years and he is the best we ever had. Be careful for what you wish for.

jgrangers11
12-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Am I going to have to add you to the "its never Eli's fault" list?
Its getting pretty long but we can make room if you like.

BTW...He played lousy along with the rest of the team. No one is saying the loss was all on Eli, but he wasn't any better than anyone else. His poor play this season is definitely part of the problem. He's the QB.
And hasn't he been sacked fewer than any other in the league? Not sure but if not, its close.

You can put me in the group of people who think that the quarterback gets way too much credit and way too much blame because we like to glorify individuals and put them above the team. While the quarterback is the most important player from the standpoint of being in charge of the offense and having the ball in his hands on every play, he is probably more dependent on the players around him than any other player on the team. I give Eli no more blame for a game like yesterday than I give him credit for the two Super Bowls.

gumby74
12-24-2012, 03:53 PM
That is so unfair. Yes he has been inconsistant and all of you choose to only remember the bad games. How many times has he brought this team back???? Especially in the Super Bowls against someone who everyone calls the Best QB in the league? That is what's so aggravating. I guarantee that when he retires all the ungrateful fans will wish they had him back. I've been a Giants fan for over 40 years and he is the best we ever had. Be careful for what you wish for.

Technically, Eli has been fairly average for a large part of his career. One great season in 2011 and then there's the rest of his 7 seasons. 4 minutes of brilliance a game vs the rest of the 56. His good plays come in pockets and in timely situations. But fact is, he hasn't been anything to write home about more often than not. He's still a good player and you can't put a price on him being money in the 2 minute drill, but any person that wants to criticize Eli's play has more than a case.

krankeybluechick
12-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Technically, Eli has been fairly average for a large part of his career. One great season in 2011 and then there's the rest of his 7 seasons. 4 minutes of brilliance a game vs the rest of the 56. His good plays come in pockets and in timely situations. But fact is, he hasn't been anything to write home about more often than not. He's still a good player and you can't put a price on him being money in the 2 minute drill, but any person that wants to criticize Eli's play has more than a case.

If that is what you think great!!! I am so happy the Giants have a "fairly average" 2 time Super Bowl MVP QB. He has done more for this team in 7 years then Tony Romo.

Roosevelt
12-24-2012, 04:03 PM
I got angry with Eli on one play yesterday and that was when he ran with the ball on 3rd down - I don't remember exactly when it was.

But anyway, Eli slid to avoid contact and we punted the ball away - again.

That was the moment when I realized he didn't sense the urgency. He needed to fight for that 1st down, and lead this team by example instead of just giving up on another drive.

Some one needed to take charge yesterday.

Roosevelt
12-24-2012, 04:04 PM
If that is what you think great!!! I am so happy the Giants have a "fairly average" 2 time Super Bowl MVP QB. He has done more for this team in 7 years then Tony Romo.

Difference though with Romo yesterday is that his team was down and he led them back to tie the game in the closing minutes.

At least his team fought yesterday.

krankeybluechick
12-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I got angry with Eli on one play yesterday and that was when he ran with the ball on 3rd down - I don't remember exactly when it was.

But anyway, Eli slid to avoid contact and we punted the ball away - again.

That was the moment when I realized he didn't sense the urgency. He needed to fight for that 1st down, and lead this team by example instead of just giving up on another drive.

Omg your kidding right? It was like 27-7? So he should have taken a hit to get what another yard?

krankeybluechick
12-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Difference though with Romo yesterday is that his team was down and he led them back to tie the game in the closing minutes.

At least his team fought yesterday.

Are you that short sighted that you have forgotten the time Eli took us back in the playoff game against the Cowboys on their way to the first Super Bowl win? Oh, and by the way the Cowboys lost yesterday too!

Markroman
12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah...Tony Romo lost a big game...again. Romo is good enough to raise expectations...and then lose the big ones.

krankeybluechick
12-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah...Tony Romo lost a big game...again. Romo is good enough to raise expectations...and then lose the big ones.

Yea but he has great stats when it doesn't count. Where has the sanity gone on this board?