PDA

View Full Version : OSI - Thanks for robbing the Giants a couple of million

bigblue999
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM
What a joke this guy OSI is....I hope I never hear this herb ever say he's the best DE to come out of troy....He got his money, and he could care less.

Anyone know if Osi might be a threat at END....wait i'll run real fast twenty yards up the field and try to run 10 yards down the field....what a joke...I seriously can't wait to have this guy cut ... can't come soon enough!!!!!

TUCK - anyone seen this guy all season?!?!?!?!

myles2424
12-16-2012, 11:39 PM
These things happen as guys get older, but idk if I've seen a Dline go from one of the most respected in the NFL to a complete joke within a year.....time to rebuild that line,that's forsure....
Canty is overpaid & a legit FA needs to be brought in....even a top FA (assuming there is any) won't make the $$ he's making in the first year or two of a new contract...
OSi, bring that pay down towards 1 mill & serve as a backup or goodbye...
Tuck, retire, thanks for the good times,but goodbye...
Austin, he's a bust, don't kid yourselves...
Draft 1st round DE...

nycisgreat
12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
What a joke this guy OSI is....I hope I never hear this herb ever say he's the best DE to come out of troy....He got his money, and he could care less.

Anyone know if Osi might be a threat at END....wait i'll run real fast twenty yards up the field and try to run 10 yards down the field....what a joke...I seriously can't wait to have this guy cut ... can't come soon enough!!!!!

TUCK - anyone seen this guy all season?!?!?!?!

Osi is a pro and he looking to get paid just like anyone else on the team. I don't blame him one bit. Tuck is playing far worst then Osi.

ozzie0075
12-16-2012, 11:45 PM
His play this season has been robbing himself of millions in his next contract.

Toadofsteel
12-16-2012, 11:46 PM
The sad thing is Osi has gotten to the QB the most lately (although JPP is being tripled to basically shut down our entire defense)...

Manning
12-16-2012, 11:49 PM
OSI is honestly worthless. It's so sad and pathetic how he can't do ANYTHING.

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 12:02 AM

Is Tuck any better? Osi isn't half as bad as Tuck. Tuck should be IR. Flame that guy. I hate on Osi too, but Tuck has been playing bad for three years. No one get on his case because he is well liked, which isn't the case for Osi.

rainierjef
12-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Once you all start to realize that Osi is not a starting DE anymore and a primary QB rusher on certain down and distances or packages you will sleep better. His snaps are so significantly reduced, its shocking he even finds a rhythm in games. ^ What was said above is correct, a lot of posters need someone to blame and Osi is the easy target. Why? Cause he took the money of course and made it public prior to that.

Ignore the lack of pressure up the middle to force the QB deep so he can use his straight speed instead of having to stop and re-pivot the go again.
Ignore the lack of production from the other DE's on the squad.
People have figured out JPP and how to handle him, Elite DE's find ways to beat that; I love the Kid be he is still developing.
Corner's are not covering and were getting beat by the short/quick passing game that leads into the big plays. (Need more coverage sacks)
We can't stop the run and they know this, but we put Osi on the field anyway, knowing he is poor against the run cause he is a speed rusher.
Linebackers are not attacking the ball, cause if they were some of those big runs to Osi's side will get bottle necked and stopped.
Coordinator is working the best with what he has, the injuries, the lackluster personnel, but sometimes I think perry out thinks himself on some calls.
At some point Osi is to blame as well, your getting paid to beat your man one vs. one. You call yourself an elite pass rusher, find ways to beat your man when your not double teamed and when he is double teamed, or chipped, that should free up someone else to make a TFL or Sck.

See what I did there? I blamed EVERYONE! research whats really going on with this team, the personnel, coaching, game plan before you point fingers.

PennState1
12-17-2012, 01:23 AM
You are right about the lack of pressure up the middle

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Osi has a mean rush. The only problem is it's to the outside of the QB's pocket LOL.

OX1
12-17-2012, 03:38 AM

Completely agree, especially against mobile quarterbacks, and that is where the league (and especially our division) is headed.

M00KIE
12-17-2012, 05:04 AM
I don't want to complain too much. It's nice when he does get those strips. But I have to agree...It's getting old watching him sprinting up the field out of the play. Especially when they let him go on by and then use the vacated end. It seems most Tackles have him figured out..Ride him outside all day long and watch for his 2-3 inside rushes per game.

Diamondring
12-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Is Tuck any better? Osi isn't half as bad as Tuck. Tuck should be IR. Flame that guy. I hate on Osi too, but Tuck has been playing bad for three years. No one get on his case because he is well liked, which isn't the case for Osi.Tuck isn't making a lot of money I don't think to even be talked about.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 05:18 AM
This is nothing i haven't been saying for ever now.. Believe it or not, there was actually people on here, more then not, that wanted OSI around, and didn't agree with trading em or letting em go.. I knew both he and Tuck were gutless , past there prime, bums at this point.. Those 2 would lag behind in RUSH HR TRAFFIC, let alone rushing a NFL QB..

I've said this a gazillion times, that u gotta get rid of the VETERAN group of WEBSTER, OSI, TUCK, and any other bum thats been with us for both super bowl run s, because they just think there gonna sneak into the postseason and can not show up unless its just a super critical wk... I mean, its ridiculous! I mean, i knew it was gonna catch up with em!

Well hows it feel Osi and Tuck, now that u bums got knocked down to 3rd place with only 2 wk's to go? Way to go guys! What a smart strategy(sarcasm)!!!!

gfanblue
12-17-2012, 07:24 AM
The sad thing is Osi has gotten to the QB the most lately (although JPP is being tripled to basically shut down our entire defense)...thats the thing, even if Jpp gets triple teamed, osi and tuck should benefit, nobody is doing anything,.

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 07:57 AM
The ANSAH to are problems is EZekiel

http://a4.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1121/nfl_20playerstoknow_19.jpg

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
thats the thing, even if Jpp gets triple teamed, osi and tuck should benefit, nobody is doing anything,.

I would bench both of these scrubs and have guys that want to win play like Tracy. One thing I am really looking forward to this offseason, is the cutting of OSI. Tuck would be fine on the practice squad.

Jahh
12-17-2012, 09:51 AM
I would bench both of these scrubs and have guys that want to win play like Tracy. One thing I am really looking forward to this offseason, is the cutting of OSI. Tuck would be fine on the practice squad.

Osi is a free agent

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Osi is a free agent

Stinks we couldn't have traded the guy for draft picks, doesn't even matter what round

BuffyBlueII
12-17-2012, 10:09 AM
thats the thing, even if Jpp gets triple teamed, osi and tuck should benefit, nobody is doing anything,.

There are times JPP is getting double teamed but he is not getting tripled. If he we were getting triple teamed that means two guys would be left un blocked. JPP is not as feared as he was because oppossing OCs and Olines can see that his game has went down a notch. It is apparent that he has been infected by the attitudes and work ethic of Osi and Tuck.

BuffyBlueII
12-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Stinks we couldn't have traded the guy for draft picks, doesn't even matter what round

Baltimore wanted to trade draft pick for him and we turned them down. It was real stupid to give him the extra money when that money could have kept BJ and MM here. We really miss MM stretching defenses as well as BJ firing the guys up.

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Baltimore wanted to trade draft pick for him and we turned them down. It was real stupid to give him the extra money when that money could have kept BJ and MM here. We really miss MM stretching defenses as well as BJ firing the guys up.

Instead we got two scrubs willing to carry RG3 around on their shoulders

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Are you serious? Tuck is in the 4th year of a 5 yr/$30 million. 9 Million Sign bonus, and he is making about 4 mill this season. I don't know how much osi is making this Season, but I don't he is getting 4 million.

Zaggs
12-17-2012, 10:40 AM
It would be nice to see what he could accomplish if he stopped going to the strip sack every time.

ashleymarie
12-17-2012, 10:46 AM

Wish we had both of those ex-Giants on our team.

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Are you serious? Tuck is in the 4th year of a 5 yr/$30 million. 9 Million Sign bonus, and he is making about 4 mill this season. I don't know how much osi is making this Season, but I don't he is getting 4 million. Both dont make that much money for Defensive ends

BuffyBlueII
12-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Instead we got two scrubs willing to carry RG3 around on their shoulders

Couldn’t have stated it better.

Ruttiger711
12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Jeez if I only had a nickel for all the "Pay the Man!!'s that were bouncing around here early this year.

I'd have a **** ton of nickels I tell ya.

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Are you serious? Tuck is in the 4th year of a 5 yr/$30 million. 9 Million Sign bonus, and he is making about 4 mill this season. I don't know how much osi is making this Season, but I don't he is getting 4 million.

OSI is getting 4 after his highway robbery

rextilleon
12-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Osi just doesn't play smart. How many times has he taken the bait and gone inside when the running play goes outside---he is a wreck less pass rusher and that it.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 12:37 PM
The ANSAH to are problems is EZekiel

http://a4.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1121/nfl_20playerstoknow_19.jpg agreed!

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Ezikiahl Ansah would fit in Name wise to giants DE's like Osi Umenyiora, Mathias Kiwanuka, and Jason Pierre Paul and even Michael Strahan... Not 2 many Jarred Allens in that group...lol

bigbluetribe
12-17-2012, 12:54 PM
As much as he doesnt perform to what he is paid, he was severely underpaid for a while and its not like he is the difference between us winning and not

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 01:41 PM
As much as he doesnt perform to what he is paid, he was severely underpaid for a while and its not like he is the difference between us winning and not

Give half the money to Tracy and we'll be a force on the outside...